• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Wiggins hanging in and hitting the pretty jumper, he looks quick and polished already, damn. Bennet knocked down the 3 there too, looks trim.

edit- I know jabari got to the line, but he looks ugly so far, pulling up from everywhere, needs to settle down.

Zeke

ESPN Numbers Never Lie twitter feed, always gives interesting facts.

That is just wrong.
Beauty of the spurs, players will take pay cuts to stay here. Those guys want to win and scarifice to do it. Makes tims 5 rings worth it and parkers and manus 4 rings worth it

Beauty of the spurs, players will take pay cuts to stay here. Those guys want to win and scarifice to do it. Makes tims 5 rings worth it and parkers and manus 4 rings worth it

it's a little bit misleading because Leonard is still on his rookie deal.

Zeke

it's a little bit misleading because Leonard is still on his rookie deal.
Eh with pop extending I'm not too worried about leonard. He's being groomed to be the new face of the team and R.C. Will take care of him I'm sure and lock him into a long contract. He has it really good here. Plays for the best coach in the nba, best system in the nba, starting spot locked in. He doesn't seem big on media attention not better place then sa for that

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Ugly ass game so far. Wiggins pulling up from three a lot, it'sdefinitely got potential, but he's clearly gotta extend his range a bit. He also hasn't attacked the basket at all. Bennet looks trim, but wow his court vision is horrendous. Wiggins broke away several times and was missed both times.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
holy shit so much talent on the floor here. Parker with some great moves, Wiggins attacking the rim, also with the block and out in transition. When those 2 are attacking the basket they're unstoppable.

Then giannis with the length and sweet stroke. Even been impressed by Bennet on the boards and downlow.

If there is one thing the sports media has accomplished this week, it's that I only trust Sheridan now. Some of these "insiders" have been as correct and consistent as a gamefaqs "insider" posting the secret full Smash Bros. roster.

Bowser

Is vonleh playing?

Yeah. The game isn't being televised live because it's up against Parker vs Wiggins. Will be shown on tape delay tomorrow at 9am. He apparently flashed some good moves in the first half, but couldn't get any shots to fall (0-5).

Chaser

Really happy with the Isaiah Thomas signing. Great value and he'll be a fantastic boost off the bench, allowing Dragic and Bledsoe to play fewer minutes and hopefully not fall apart by the end of the season.

Alternatively, it's another step down the beautiful road to an all-PG lineup.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Yeah. The game isn't being televised live because it's up against Parker vs Wiggins. Will be shown on tape delay tomorrow at 9am. He apparently flashed some good moves in the first half, but couldn't get any shots to fall (0-5).

Pretty standard in summer league, nobodies shooting well amongst the rooks actually.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I'd keep Wiggins if I'm Cleveland because he's a good defender, especially vs guards and wings.

Parker will probably be taking his talents to South Beach in three years. Needs to improve defensively.

I'm interested to see if Seth Curry or Andre Dawkins make a team this year. They has a decent summer outing in Orlando. Curry is now playing for Phoenix after finishing up for the Magic.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Anthony Bennett
A3P2NCh.jpg

keuja

Pau to the Spurs would be beautiful. He's a perfect fit for their team oriented play. Pop will carefully manage his minutes so that he can stay healthy.

The Spurs can only offer Gaosol a veteran league minimum contract though right? I don't see how they can offer him any more than that with their cap the way it's at.

I don't think he's gonna take that big of a paycut for another ring when he's already gotten two with the Lakers.

edit: If the money was there I think it would have happened already.

Cavs are talking with Birdman according to Sam Amico. I'd find it rather funny if the Cavs can convince Ray Allen, Mike Miller and Chris Andersen to all play with LeBron.

njean777

Man I am shocked at the Bosh news, but now I want to know what Houston is going to do now. I mean fuck we kinda got screwed. Oh well, no written agreement can lead to these sorts of things.

Man I am shocked at the Bosh news, but now I want to know what Houston is going to do now. I mean fuck we kinda got screwed. Oh well, no written agreement can lead to these sorts of things.

There's no question that they've had the worst outcome out every team in the NBA this free agency so far.

Top Bottom