• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Mike Miller will not return to the Grizz.
@MikeMiller_13
Just informed the Grizz are going in another direction. I completely understand, but wanted to thank you so much for everything. Awesome city. Awesome fans. Thank you for the opportunity. I will always love Memphis #letitfly

hmm. I womder where he will play. Heat got cap space and read Denver is willing to pay him.

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m
Vince Carter has agreed to a three-year, $12M deal with Memphis, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

fertygo

Vince Carter has agreed to a three-year, $12M deal with Memphis, league source tells Yahoo Sports.
Wtf, did Grizz still use Hollinger's advice? why the hell Memphis chose busted ass Vince instead Miller?

Bowser

Wtf, did Grizz still use Hollinger's advice? why the hell Memphis chose busted ass Vince instead Miller?

Marc Stein: Once became clear to Grizz that Mike Miller wants to be in Cleveland, they turned attention to Vince Carter, whom they've coveted for years

Vince was great for Mavs. Think he'll do well in Memphis. Third year of deal is partial guarantee only.

Vc changed his game into a spot-up, catch-and-shoot-3 guy off the bench for the mavs and really improved in that regard. He still jacked up some ill-advised shots, but he shot at a decent enough clip to be a suitable replacement for miller.

Cloudy

Banned
I heard a good theory just now. Bron's letter was written before the draft and that's why Wiggins wasn't mentioned. Dumbass media and fans getting played for fools as if LeBron agonized over this. This was a cold, calculated move after seeing the roster melt down around him lol

Furyous

@Sportscenter: Cavs have opened trade talks for Kevin Love by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett & 1st-round pick to T-Wolves

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/487655700345409537

it was all jokes just a week ago. MMM HMMM...

... If this trade goes through with another one or two first round picks, can I receive a tag? LOL if you want to but I will party if they take this offer. They can have Dion but Bennett will turn into something serviceable at some point just watch. Someone might say he's a number one pick or a bust. Name another five players that were worthy of the being selected first. I'll wait.
For the record, I hated the pick and am still mad but fuck it we drafted him.

His main issue is that he's now on a stacked team if he stays. If he goes to Minny then he'll have more minutes to develop. They can have Dion for Doomtree's masters and the right to sail and purify in Lake Minnetonka for perpetuity.

Aim_Ed

I wish we got VC, would've been amazing for our chemistry in the long run. Besides, T Dot is where VC was supposed to end his career. :/

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Cavs need to quit with this bullshit, they seem to be feelin' themselves too much now. Offer Wiggins. Stop fucking around.

I heard a good theory just now. Bron's letter was written before the draft and that's why Wiggins wasn't mentioned. Dumbass media and fans getting played for fools as if LeBron agonized over this. This was a cold, calculated move after seeing the roster melt down around him lol
ehhh... he probably suspects, like most of us, that dude is gettin' traded. Would seem weird to mention a guy you're sure wont be there when it's game time,
ya know?

Bummed about moving on Miller, but the childhood NBA fan in me is stoked about getting VC, even if he's almost dead.

Plz can we move Tayshaun. I would cry if we could get anyone for him, much less a somewhat competent SF.

rinse82

And they couldn't edit the essay?

Vince was very polarizing for me last year during the regular season but he sure as hell redeemed himself with that clutch 3 in the playoffs.

Ugh.... I hope the Mavs get Parsons, I don't wanna be stuck with the worst team in baseball and the fucking cowboys.

Cloudy

Banned
And they couldn't edit the essay?

SI was probably told not to alter it at all? lol

So Lakers fans, what's our starting lineup looking like?

Clarkson
Swaggy
Kobe
Randle
Hill

smh.gif

Extended family is in real estate and his company was involved in the sale of LBJ's home.

It was on the market in April. Make of that what you will.

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Pau Gasol, Chicago working to complete an agreement, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Oh well.

Cavs need to quit with this bullshit, they seem to be feelin' themselves too much now. Offer Wiggins. Stop fucking around.

ehhh... he probably suspects, like most of us, that dude is gettin' traded. Would seem weird to mention a guy you're sure wont be there when it's game time,
ya know?

If the Cavs trade Wiggins without getting an extension for Love, they're fucking up. Minnesota is handcuffed, so overpaying for a rental isn't necessary.

@Sportscenter: Cavs have opened trade talks for Kevin Love by offering Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett & 1st-round pick to T-Wolves

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/487655700345409537

it was all jokes just a week ago. MMM HMMM...

... If this trade goes through with another one or two first round picks, can I receive a tag? LOL if you want to but I will party if they take this offer. They can have Dion but Bennett will turn into something serviceable at some point just watch. Someone might say he's a number one pick or a bust. Name another five players that were worthy of the being selected first. I'll wait.
For the record, I hated the pick and am still mad but fuck it we drafted him.

His main issue is that he's now on a stacked team if he stays. If he goes to Minny then he'll have more minutes to develop. They can have Dion for Doomtree's masters and the right to sail and purify in Lake Minnetonka for perpetuity.

Flip Saunders will not take the trade from Cleveland unless Wiggins is involved he apparently wants established players because he does not want to look bad because he is also the coach in Minnesota. Either a third team has to get involved or Minnesota will let him walk or trade him to someone else.

1 out of 2 things must be at play. 1. Bulls over payed Pau-most likely scenario
or 2. Pau knows Melo is coming or getting Pau will help land Melo.

Edit: Right now without Boozer, Bulls have 3 Power Forwards, Pau, Taj, Mirotic.

Clarkson
Swaggy
Kobe
Randle
Hill

smh.gif

Clarkson won't be playing over Nash and Marshall. And the Lakers really need a defensive SF as Young is better suited off the bench. James Johnson or PJ Tucker would have been perfect.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi

Clarkson
Swaggy
Kobe
Randle
Hill

smh.gif
It's looking like hot ass garbage. We'll probably be over .500 if Kobe is well and we don't have a slew of injuries like we usually do.

Yeah, our Lakers, as Chuck Norris would say, are looking at one thousand years of darkness at this pace. fuck

zychi

Banned
I don't mind Pau signing with the Bulls if he is actually healthy, able to rebound and score. I haven't watched a Laker game in almost 8 months, so I have no idea how he played last year without Kobe.

If he can't do that, we may as well keep Boozer. He at least rebounds for 3 quarters.

watershed

Banned
I don't mind Pau signing with the Bulls if he is actually healthy, able to rebound and score. I haven't watched a Laker game in almost 8 months, so I have no idea how he played last year without Kobe.

If he can't do that, we may as well keep Boozer. He at least rebounds for 3 quarters.

Pau is a definite upgrade over Boozer. Pau is still a very skilled even though he is slower and less athletic than he once was. And despite his loss of speed and athleticism he still put up good numbers last year in a system that wasn't designed around his game.

It's looking like hot ass garbage. We'll probably be over .500 if Kobe is well and we don't have a slew of injuries like we usually do.

Yeah, our Lakers, as Chuck Norris would say, are looking at one thousand years of darkness at this pace. fuck

what did you think was gonna happen this offseason exactly?

we already knew this

Fuck my fucking life. Kill me. It's Ben Wallace/Boozer move all over again.

It could be really bad halfway into the season, but if this allows us to unload Taj in a sign and trade for Melo, I'd say we're the prohibitive favorites in the east with a starting lineup of

Rose
Butler
Melo
Gasol
Noah

Bowser

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 21m
As Bulls work to finalize deal w/ Gasol, can't fully know if Melo is done. Gasol on MLE and Melo S&T does work but longshot. Closure today?

Owzers

Gasol is a good pick up for the Bulls, with him over Boozer at least if he misses a 1 foot put-back he won't go AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH all the time.

Top Bottom