• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

It's been fun you guys! Enjoy that cap space NY! :)

Pat Riley wasn't able to keep Lebron. Phil wasn't able to get his first choice in Steve Kerr. Yet, somehow he's going to perform a miracle next year and create a championship team around Melo.

good_luck_morgan_freeman.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Clarkson won't be playing over Nash and Marshall. And the Lakers really need a defensive SF as Young is better suited off the bench. James Johnson or PJ Tucker would have been perfect.

I don't believe Nash is going to play again. Dude is just cashing checks right now. That horrible trade for him has really set this franchise back.

Marshall looked like hot garbage last night vs. scrubs. He is a backup at best

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 5m
Pau Gasol move to Bulls matter of sign-and-trade that could get him $10M per year, or straight signing for $6.5M range, sources tell Yahoo.
10M per. Fucking Bulls FO. Die in a tornado.

Cloudy

Banned
Mike Bresnahan Verified account
‏@Mike_Bresnahan
Lakers in 3-way talks that would send Pau to CHI + net them 1 or 2 picks. As of now, no players coming back to Lakers. 3rd team possibly HOU

Cloudy

Banned
I don't blame Pau for rejecting the same amount from LA. He takes control of his career and goes to a contender in the East instead of sweating out the trade deadline when the Love rumors heat up

What? I thought we were talking about Pau?

my bad we were lol anyway 4 years is crazy for Pau. Lakers reportedly offered 2/$20 so I figure the Bulls deal is somewhere in that range. Not bad. The years are the killer with older players, not the AAV. If Pau flames out or stinks it up in year one he becomes a great expiring contract in year 2.

Two Words

If Dallas ends up getting Parsons, will they have any chance of keeping Marion? Parsons and Marion at SF would be pretty awesome. They'd just need a decent backup C to have deep roster.

@WindhorstESPN said:
Bulls in the process of finalizing a free agent deal with Pau Gasol. Will not be a sign-and-trade with Lakers, sources told ESPN.

Kind of surprised the Lakers didn't push to get some picks out of this.

@Sam_Amick said:
The Houston Rockets have agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal with Trevor Ariza, @USATODAYsports has learned.

Not quite Bosh...

I'm not mad at striking out on Melo. Melo wanted his money. No hatred towards him. I'm mad at over paying Pau Gasol when the Bulls would have started Taj, with Mirotic coming off the bench. Bulls biggest weakness is at SG and SF. Sorry if I'm not thrilled with Jimmy Butler and Mike Dunleavy. Lance makes more sense to me.

Two Words

Kinda wish Dallas went after Ariza instead of Parsons for that kind of money....

Can Dallas even afford another quality free agent?

If Dallas ends up getting Parsons, will they have any chance of keeping Marion? Parsons and Marion at SF would be pretty awesome. They'd just need a decent backup C to have deep roster.

Marion would have to take a veteran minimum contract, I don't know if he's willing to take that big of a cut considering he came off making 10m a year. Supposedly he's waiting around though to see if Houston matches the Parsons offer or not.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Tell you one thing Bulls are have one big ass front court.

Gasol, Taj, Noah, Mirotic, Boozer?

So I guess starting line up is

Rose
Butler
Dunleavy
Gasol
Noah

Are they trading Boozer or Amnesty?

Bench
Mcdermott, Snell, Gibson, Mirotic, Heinrich

32mil was all it took for Ariza? What are the Lakers doing?

No thanks. Love RZA for 2009 but dude is way too inconsistent to hand a 4 year contract to, especially in his 30s. the 4 year deal for Swaggy was pushing it. No reason to add another one and take on more money during critical offseason of 2016.

Tell you one thing Bulls are have one big ass front court.

Gasol, Taj, Noah, Mirotic, Boozer?

So I guess starting line up is

Rose
Butler
Dunleavy
Gasol
Noah

Are they trading Boozer or Amnesty?

Bench
Mcdermott, Snell, Gibson, Mirotic, Heinrich

I thought Boozer was going to be amnestied, but it sounds like Reinsdorf is being cheap and doesn't want to pay him. I think the amnesty deadline is the 16th. So we'll know by then.

Rockets gave Ariza a fat contract a few years ago then traded him a year later, smh....what a collapse this offseason has been for Rockets.

Cloudy

Banned
No thanks. Love RZA for 2009 but dude is way too inconsistent to hand a 4 year contract to, especially in his 30s. the 4 year deal for Swaggy was pushing it. No reason to add another one and take on more money during critical offseason of 2016.

It's just 8 mil per and Kobe comes off in 2 years. They can keep saving that money for 2016 but stars don't want to come play on EMPTY rosters!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I am honestly shocked at the consensus that the Ariza signing was a good one. Dude had one really good year, and to be fair it was really good, but his career shooting stats are awful. Nobody should be surprised when he can't shoot again.

Hell hes played for Houston before and he was terrible.

And if they really did let Parsons go to sign Ariza then huge mistake imo.

Cloudy

Banned
Rockets gave Ariza a fat contract a few years ago then traded him a year later, smh....what a collapse this offseason has been for Rockets.

Morey is a clown and is managing like a fantasy player. Dropping valuable guys for nothing and then out-bidding himself to get them back or worse guys to replace them

Dude had one really good year, and to be fair it was really good, but his career shooting stats are awful. Nobody should be surprised when he can't shoot again.

He is a decent athlete that doesn't need the ball to score, can shoot 3s and tries on defense. $8mil per is pretty low for him IMO

32mil was all it took for Ariza? What are the Lakers doing?

People are starting to see that the Lakers organization (since Dr. Buss' death) doesn't hold the weight it did just 5 years ago.

It actually started with JJ Barea kicking their ass and it's been downhill since then.

My heart goes out to LakerGAF.

Cloudy

Banned
If he had to do it over, would Wade still want LeBron to the Heat in 2010?

The biggest loser in this whole deal has been Wade IMO. Yeah he has 2 more rings but he'll never get much credit for them. Also, his legacy as an individual player has been severely diminished the past 4 years. All that for LeBron to bail when things start to get hard? Now if they struggle, Bron will get even more credit for the past lol

Bosh, Wade and more depth would have probably resulted in a ring or two anyway with Wade getting at least a regular season MVP and Finals MVP.

Knowing what we know now, was this really worth it for Wade?

The biggest loser in this whole deal has been Wade IMO. Yeah he has 2 more rings but he'll never get much credit for them. Also, his legacy as an individual player has been severely diminished the past 4 years. All that for LeBron to bail when things start to get hard? Now if they struggle, Bron will get even more credit for the past lol

Bosh, Wade and more depth would have probably resulted in a ring or two anyway with Wade getting at least a regular season MVP and Finals MVP.

Um, yes?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Another Konex classic.

Purexed

Banned

Yes, Wade's standing would have been diminished anyway with the degenerative condition in his knees. LeBron extended his shelf life and I think he knows that. What made Wade so special was his ability to get to the hole at will, now that's gone, he's all floaters and fadeaways.

The Heat is now Bosh's team.

Top Bottom