• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Put Lebron on a team with bums and the Cavs still make the playoffs in the east. With Irving and possibly Love on the way, they will be the favorite in the east.

That's some kind of accomplishment? You act as if the East hasn't been at its worst in history this past season. A team of bums without their all star and best player for most of the season made the playoffs with 38 wins. The Hawks lost less games than they won.

The Heat were the favorite in the East last season and it resulted in the worst finals loss in history.

Well when I say Vegas, I mean gamblers in general. Offshore sites have them favored as well. LeBron + Kyrie + Wiggins and decent bigs in the East = Finals and if they can avoid the Spurs, or OKC, they'll win

They haven't even stepped on the court together, I think you're jumping to conclusions.

You don't win on paper.

I see them being a 3 seed.

Well when I say Vegas, I mean gamblers in general. Offshore sites have them favored as well. LeBron + Kyrie + Wiggins and decent bigs in the East = Finals. If they can avoid the Spurs or OKC, they'll win

Kyrie is not even a top ten point guard and got outplayed by Isaiah Thomas last season. Wiggins is still quite unknown and essentially a SF in a 197lbs SG body, he could take a while. If they happen to avoid the two best teams in the league that means there were beaten by better ones. It's not going to make the finals anymore easier.

Kyrie is not even a top ten point guard and got outplayed by Isaiah Thomas last season. Wiggins is still quite unknown and essentially a SF in a 197lbs SG body, he could take a while. If they happen to avoid the two best teams in the league that means there were beaten by better ones. It's not going to make the finals anymore easier.

Yeah, not sold on Kyrie at all despite his talent.

I don't know who declared him a "superstar"(probably Sportscenter) but just not seeing it.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m
ESPN has learned that Pierce will sign a two-year deal with the Wizards at the mid-level exception with a player option entering Year 2

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2m
Paul Pierce is on the verge of joining the Washington Wizards in a free-agent deal, ESPN has learned

Celtics to Wizards seems kind of wrong.

Bowser

Southeast Division looks to be the most competitive in the East, what with Pierce to Washington and now Hornets dipping their toes into the Stephenson race:

The Charlotte Hornets took a gamble by pursuing Gordon Hayward, making a max offer for the restricted free-agent forward, and it didn't pay off, now that the Utah Jazz informed the Hornets they will match.

That leaves the Hornets with about $20 million in cap space, and a roster it's seeking to upgrade aggressively, which a league source said will lead to the next big front in free agency — Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson.

According to the source, the remaining serious suitors for Stephenson are expected to be Charlotte, Dallas — if and when the Rockets match the Mavs’ offer sheet for Chandler Parsons — and Indiana.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/sto...-pacers?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So assuming this is KG's last year the Nets gave up what turned out to be 4 first round picks and the right to swap another 1st round pick for 2 years of KG, 1 year of Pierce and half a year of Jason Terry.

Aside from being a piece of human garbage isn't this a bad fit for Pierce? The wizards have Nene and Gortat so you know they like to play big, whereas flabby and sick Paul played like shit last year up until Bropez got hurt and they played small ball.

Cloudy

Banned
Seeing the deal LeBron signed, is it possible that he wanted to sign the same way with Miami and Riley called his bluff?

Chris Paul
Curry
Rondo
Westbrook
Lillard
Parker
Rose
Lowry
Bledsoe
Lawson

I would throw in Lowry there too. He should have been an all star last year over Kyrie who only got in due to fan voting. Dragic plays the 2 but he's essentially a 1 and is better than Kyrie. Isaiah Thomas is better also.

edit: oops, didn't see Lowry's name there

PBY

Banned
He's stronger and faster than Kyrie.

Let's give Kyrie the "better shooter" award as Rose is iffy and streaky at best.

Rose is way more clutch, he hits shots at the end of games.

Rose plays with an edge, win or lose, I don't see that in Kyrie.
I can't w those last two categories lol

"Clutch" and "edge" pls

Chris Paul
Curry
Rondo
Westbrook
Lillard
Parker
Rose
Lowry
Bledsoe
Lawson

Bolded names are point guards that are not better than Irving. But I have seen Lowry do work against Irving. Love that John Wall's name is absent from this list, but he is still better than some of the PG on the list. Rondo is so overrated don't get me started, he had a top 3 coach in the NBA, 3 HoF to work with during his time of glory. Give any of these PGs that type a cast and watch what they do. The dude can't shoot simple as that. He can't carry a team last year was an indication of that. Last season, he even skipped games for selfish reasons.

Cloudy

Banned
Let's give Kyrie the "better shooter" award as Rose is iffy and streaky at best.

If you've read my posts on here, I have zero respect for any perimeter players who can't shoot (except maybe Rondo lol)

Top Bottom