• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Remember when Taj Gibson said Rose looked great? Then Rose tears his Meniscus 10 games into last season. What different part of the knee can Rose tear now?

His ACL seemed fine when he came back(he was still the most explosive player on the court even though he missed all his shots), I have hope.

Not sure if the meniscus was related to the ACL as far as favoring one leg but now both are fucked, it's balanced!!!

You would think the odds are in his favor but he may be snakebitten.

Vestal

According to Woj article on Heat/Deng close to an agreement.

Heat nearing deals for Dwade, UD, and Birdman.

According to Woj article on Heat/Deng close to an agreement.

Heat nearing deals for Dwade, UD, and Birdman.

Will be real interesting to see how the Heat measure up in the re-shaped Eastern Conference. If Bulls will go as far as Rose's health, then the same can be said about the Heat with Wade.

effzee

What really hurt him was the weight he gained last year, he looked at least 10-15 lbs heavier than he did during the 2012-2013 season.

But even then he was still contributing, bringing energy, defense, and rebounding until he got hurt in the Pacers series. He was no where to be seen against the Spurs.

Why wouldn't he go to Cleveland?

Which team will challenge the Raptors in the Atlantic?

I don't think the Nets are going to be close to the team they were last year and the Knicks will still be crap

Aim_Ed

Which team will challenge the Raptors in the Atlantic?

I don't think the Nets are going to be close to the team they were last year and the Knicks will still be crap

Philly maybe? If Embiid can get healthy early enough, but I don't see how he can even be ready that fast.

I feel we have the easiest division in the league here in Toronto. Especially since we got a top 3 PG in the East and DeRozan improving each year.

Philly maybe? If Embiid can get healthy early enough, but I don't see how he can even be ready that fast.

I feel we have the easiest division in the league here in Toronto. Especially since we got a top 3 PG in the East and DeRozan improving each year.

Ross and JV should be better as well.....and zero games with Rudy Gay in the lineup

y2TP7Yo.png

Seems like Odom got too fat to be a knick. (oops old news)

Pics

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Pierce is a steal for the Wizards. Smart of them to not get suckered into overpaying for contract year Ariza, unlike the Rockets who have somehow done it twice.

jl4855

ariza for 8/yr sounds fair, weird that he would go to houston though.. can he coexist with parsons or is chandler gone? weird offseason for the rockets, i think i'd consider it a loss overall.

Jonm1010

Banned
ariza for 8/yr sounds fair, weird that he would go to houston though.. can he coexist with parsons or is chandler gone? weird offseason for the rockets, i think i'd consider it a loss overall.
I was really worried they were gonna find a way to resign parsons and get Bosh.

Now I'm relieved they lost Parsons and are gonna be stuck with a "paid" Ariza and are gonna lose Asik to us. I think they got worse and will be out in the second round at best.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It doesn't matter.

Okay? McHale is a garbage coach. They're never winning shit under him, Lin turned into the easiest whipping boy around for both fans, his teammates and even the coaches.

Lakers fans acting like hes a scrub will be the first ones to say hes the greatest shit ever after the first week of the season.

PBY

Banned
Okay? McHale is a garbage coach. They're never winning shit under him, Lin turned into the easiest whipping boy around for both fans, his teammates and even the coaches.

Lakers fans acting like hes a scrub will be the first ones to say hes the greatest shit ever after the first week of the season.
Not the biggest Mchale fan either. But I just don't think Lin is that good.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not the biggest Mchale fan either. But I just don't think Lin is that good.

I don't either. But I think hes a decent PG which is honestly something the Lakers haven't had in ages.

And he had to get out of Houston. Even before he got shipped out of town his own GM disrespected him with putting Melo in his jersey. Thats honestly the kind of shit that other players don't forget.

Cloudy

Banned
Why is the public so uncritical of the reasons for Bron's return?

I have already seen more people dissecting Melo's reasoning for staying in NY than folks who are skeptical of LeBron's letter. Are people really this gullible or is it just that they like Bron more?

I haven't seen anyone in the media ask if Bron would have left if Miami won and still looked dominant. Or if he'd have left if Cavs talent situation looked bad. These are obvious questions with obvious answers but no one but "haters" seem to want to know lol

I have already seen more people dissecting Melo's reasoning for staying in NY than folks who are skeptical of LeBron's letter. Are people really this gullible or is it just that they like Bron more?

I haven't seen anyone in the media ask if Bron would have left if Miami won and still looked dominant. Or if he'd have left if Cavs talent situation looked bad. These are obvious questions with obvious answers but no one but "haters" seem to want to know lol

Because he's going back home. That's the story. There is no negative to it. Bron and his people played this shit perfectly. Going back to Cleveland honestly has done more for his legacy than winning another ring or two in MIami would have.

The news and media are all about perception. The perception with Melo is that he had a chance to go to a "good" team like Chicago or Houston but decided to return to a franchise that has been a dumpster fire for the last 15 years. Doesn't matter if you dig deeper and that is true or not, the perception is all that matters.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its summer league dude.

I mean its great to see guys do well in it but it really doesn't mean much unless a guy totally looks like shit.

Fox318

Because he's going back home. That's the story. There is no negative to it. Bron and his people played this shit perfectly. Going back to Cleveland honestly has done more for his legacy than winning another ring or two in MIami would have.

The news and media are all about perception. The perception with Melo is that he had a chance to go to a "good" team like Chicago or Houston but decided to return to a franchise that has been a dumpster fire for the last 15 years. Doesn't matter if you dig deeper and that is true or not, the perception is all that matters.

hey hey hey hey HEY HEY HEY

That dumpster fire has been going on longer than 15 years.

zychi

Banned

Wait two years when he leaves cle without a championship to play with KD somewhere.

Its funny how espn completely ignores that Bron only signed a two year deal. At least Melo maxed his shit out and showed NY hes committed to keeping that franchise mediocre.

And Melo "going home" would be to the Wiz, he was raised in Baltimore.

Branduil

Wait two years when he leaves cle without a championship to play with KD somewhere.

Its funny how espn completely ignores that Bron only signed a two year deal. At least Melo maxed his shit out and showed NY hes committed to keeping that franchise mediocre.

Lebron signed a 2-year deal because he wants a new max contact to go with the new CBA and TV money.

Bowser

I really do hope the Hornets swipe Lance from Indiana. 3 years, $36m with a team option after year 2, do it Cho.

Kemba/vet PG
Lance/Neal/PJ
MKG/Taylor
Marvin/Tolliver/Vonleh
Big Al/Zeller/Biyombo

I'm assuming Hendo would be traded in that scenario, maybe for the vet PG (either that or Hendo slots in in front of Neal and the vet PG is brought in via the MLE).

That team competes for the division title (with an outside shot of top 4 in the East behind Cleveland/Miami (w/Deng)/Toronto - but most likely 5th behind Chicago as well) while maintaining cap flexibility going forward (if Lance signs to the type of deal I stipulated). If the team doesn't do well over the next two seasons, you'd have massive cap flexibility with Big Al, Marvin, Hendo, and potentially Lance's contracts coming off the books by 2016 to remold/take the team in a different direction (although it will be cut into a bit because by that point both Kemba and MKG will be due extensions - Kemba the more likely of the two to cash in IMO).

I think the above is the best possible solution to be a viable competitive playoff team in the short term while preserving future cap flexibility.

In Cho I trust.

LeBron isn't going anywhere. The opt out is so that he can reup under the new tv/web deals which will likely increase the salary cap (and players salaries) substantially in 2016. People like Zack Lowe had been expecting him to sign a 2 year deal no matter where he went for weeks because of this. Dude is staying in Cleveland because, in a strange way, he needs just one ring there to cement his legacy. Anywhere else he went, whether it's NY or LA or staying in Miami, nothing short of a Dynasty would have been enough, but in Cleveland, all he needs is one. One ring will do more for his legacy than 3 in Miami or LA would have. It was a smart play, especially as he enters his 30s. Turns him into a sympathetic figure. Now if he fails people will feel bad for him and root for him rather than destroy him in the press. Bron played this shit perfectly.

Top Bottom