• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Malvingt2

Heat fans, your favorite PG is back!

10487557_10152292337498108_252734747944812496_n.jpg

No clue why the fuck Houston didn't just NOT sign Ariza and match on Parsons. I get that they missed out on their big targets but even in a vacuum Parsons>Ariza even with the money involved makes sense. Morey seems to be overthinking.

Enron

Banned
lol houston. offseason botched (boshed?) total.

No clue why the fuck Houston didn't just NOT sign Ariza and match on Parsons. I get that they missed out on their big targets but even in a vacuum Parsons>Ariza even with the money involved makes sense. Morey seems to be overthinking.

Probably saving that money so they can go after Love next year.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'd argue the Bulls had a worse off-season if you include losing Deng for a minor upgrade in 34 year old Gasol over Boozer. Trading two picks for McBuckets. Can't find some dumb ass team to take Boozer. There's too many dumb GM's not to be able to find a place for Boozer.
Why would it be dumb? The Bulls would be paying most of Boozer's salary. He's still a 15 and 10 PF. On a deal like that, he's a steal.

Branduil

Your mistake is in thinking of them as players rather than as trade pieces, which is how Morey is viewing Ariza. All he wants is assets to trade for the next superstar, he's not interested in how the player actually fits with the team.

Cheddahz

Banned
Your mistake is in thinking of them as players rather than as trade pieces, which is how Morey is viewing Ariza. All he wants is assets to trade for the next superstar, he's not interested in how the player actually fits with the team.

Trade assets? The Rockets have no one to trade (and no way they're giving up Harden or Howard), Ariza signed with the Rockets as a player, not a trade asset

For that reason, you don't keep Parsons why?

Parsons at 3/$45 is a better trade asset than Ariza at 4/$32, especially if Ariza plays as inconsistently as he has in previous "non-contract" seasons.

Branduil

For that reason, you don't keep Parsons why?

Because the contract Parsons signed is basically untradeable for anything of value. I mean, they literally couldn't trade him in the first year, and then after that he's just an expiring.

Morey got bodied by Cuban, but he just took advantage of Morey's self-inflicted decision not to pick up Parson's sub-$1 million option.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Why would it be dumb? The Bulls would be paying most of Boozer's salary. He's still a 15 and 10 PF. On a deal like that, he's a steal.

Maybe he can go back to Cleveland too.

Is LAL not going to re-sing Ryan Kelly? I thought he did alright last season all things considered.

Mirotic's deal is 3 years 17 million.

Now that he's in the fold, I wouldn't mind looking around and seeing if Taj Gibson has any interest around the league.

I like Taj, but we desperately need another wing guy.

Mirotic's deal is 3 years 17 million.

Now that he's in the fold, I wouldn't mind looking around and seeing if Taj Gibson has any interest around the league.

I like Taj, but we desperately need another wing guy.

what about Noah for Love now? Love and Pau could provide better offense, that's for sure. It would be nice to cockblock Cleveland from getting better as well. Also, Bulls need to add more white guys. They didn't add enough this offseason, I believe. *sarcasm*

what about Noah for Love now? Love and Pau could provide better offense, that's for sure. It would be nice to cockblock Cleveland from getting better as well. Also, Bulls need to add more white guys. They didn't add enough this offseason, I believe. *sarcasm*

Minny doesn't want Noah unless you also throw in a ton of young prospects.

it seems crazy to be talking about trading Noah or Gibson already because of an unknown Euro who hasn't played a minute in the NBA is now on the team.

Minny doesn't want Noah unless you also throw in a ton of young prospects.

it seems crazy to be talking about trading Noah or Gibson already because of an unknown Euro who hasn't played a minute in the NBA is now on the team.

I was just thinking about how Noah's stock probably won't ever be higher.

Bowser

Tim Donahue @TimDonahue8p9s · 22m
The 2-yr, $5.5mm deal CHA agreed to with Brian Roberts just happens to be match what a "Room" Exception deal would be.

Tim Donahue @TimDonahue8p9s · 21m
It could be coincidental, but it also means they could manage the timing such that it doesn't come out of their cap room.

Tim Donahue @TimDonahue8p9s · 20m
That would mean that CHA could offer Lance a deal with 1st year salary as high as $10.8mm. In effect, Lance can be had, if CHA wants him.

Tim Donahue @TimDonahue8p9s · 16m
Simply my opinion - Charlotte is going to pony up an offer that looks like 2-years, $20mm, and that'll be enough for Lance to jump.

Tim Donahue @TimDonahue8p9s · 28s
For context, the Pacers' 5/$44 offer would pay $7.7mm in yr1, $8.2mm yr2 for total of $15.9mm.

Lance for 2/$20? Sign me the fuck up.

Bowser

How does Indy not do a sign and trade to get something back?

It's not an actual offer, just a hypothetical. But given the way Roberts' deal with the Hornets is constructed, it seems as if the Hornets are trying to preserve as much cap space for the coming year as they can. Seems to indicate they're going after someone with a $10m+ starting salary and Lance is the only guy that fits that bill right now.

Houston thinking they can "basketball reasons" themselves into a sign & trade? Kind of thought that went out the window once they put pen to paper on a RFA and delivered it to the original team. At least, that's what I came away with when Charlotte signed Hayward to an offer sheet.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 27m
Rockets and Mavericks have expressed willingness to try to hammer out a sign-and-trade IF league will allow them to do so. Might not happen

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 28m
Rockets BELIEVE they can still execute sign-&-trade with Dallas on Parsons if both sides mutually agree. Seeking league approval as we speak

That's how Bulls fans rate their players. Right there with "hard-nosed" and "gritty".

And Kobe Bryant.

After all, he said(a few years ago or something) the only players that play with that edge and killer instinct in the league are Derrick Rose and Chris Paul.

Besides him.

Argue with Kobe about it, he could have named tons of players.

watershed

Banned
So the Knicks keep Melo and have only a 3.3 million taxpayer exemption to tempt free agents. Unless Phil Jackson comes up with another magic trade, it looks like the Knicks have nothing left.

zychi

Banned
I was just thinking about how Noah's stock probably won't ever be higher.

There would be no defense on that team if Noah got traded for Love. You win championships with defense. Lakers, Detroit, Boston, LA again, SAS. Miami, even when Dallas won they won with great defense.

Bowser

Woj: Chris Andersen -- the Birdman -- reaches agreement on a multi-year deal to return to the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Woj: Chris Andersen -- the Birdman -- reaches agreement on a multi-year deal to return to the Miami Heat, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

That's one WOJ got wrong. WOJ said other teams were making it real hard for the Heat to retain Birdman. If Birdman is healthy, that's good for the Heat to keep him.

So Dallas thought twice about that sign-and-trade proposition.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15m
Mavs understandably cool on the idea of helping a Texas neighbor escape with a valuable asset. So original offer sheet to Parsons stands

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15m
Rockets believed they could create trade exception if Mavs & Parsons agreed to re-do their deal as a sign-and-trade. However ... (1 of 2)

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 16m
Sign-and-trade talks between Houston and Dallas have ended, sources say. So Rockets won't be salvaging trade exception from Parsons' exit

Top Bottom