• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

Bowser

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 10m
Free agent guard DJ Augustin has reached a two-year, $6 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 45s
Hearing Detroit on the brink of signing Caron Butler after Butler's postseason run with Oklahoma City.

Ok...

just what the hell is Detroit doing?

alba

Little is the new Big
Free agent guard DJ Augustin has reached a two-year, $6 million deal with the Detroit Pistons, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Hearing Detroit on the brink of signing Caron Butler after Butler's postseason run with Oklahoma City.

Ok...

SVG is preparing for Orlando 2.0. Put shooters all around Drummond.

Ok...

Let guys with no front office experience run your team, brehs.

Talon

Ok...

Still better than Joe Dumars!

Bowser

That's a low fucking bar.

joe-dumars.jpg

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Ok...

He's reaching that salary floor.

I actually got to watch a summer league game and enjoyed it way more than I should have.

McDermott needed that after the first game but then again, first official professional games usually can be pretty rough.

Speaking of rough, Bairstow looked very early on but I'm kind of impressed as his size is imposing and like his midrange touch.

Good stuff...or as good as a summer league game could reasonably be.

I'm looking for ward to Tony Snell making a Jimmy Butler-type leap even if it's too early to say that he will.

watershed

Banned
No joke, I like the re-sign. Expecting some production from him next season, I would love something like 6 pts, 5 rebs.

I don't have a problem with Aldrich. The Knicks have to fill the roster some how. But what makes me depressed is the idea that the Knicks have exhausted their dealing options for this free agency. Also, I'm not sure Aldrich is good for 6 points 5 rebounds a game coming off the bench. In fact, that would be a miracle.

Mirotic, Pau, Dunleavy, McBuckets, possibly Kirk. Bulls going for most white players I think.

I was thinking this today too... the actual possibilty of 5 white guys on the court at the sametime in the NBA in 2014.

Hinrich-Dunleavy-McDermott-Mirotic-Gasol. It would be a freakish sight.

Two Words

Felton
Ellis
Parsons
Nowitzki
Chandler

Assuming all are healthy and play to as well as they have before, where does this starting 5 stack amongst the Western Conference?

Kite

My fellow Rockets fans are having epic meltdowns and on suicide watch on our various subreddits and boards xD What can I say, karma is a biatch.

I'm happy Lin is gone, as an Asian-American myself I knew he wasn't fitting in to whatever systems we have here (do we have one?) and wasn't happy here so I hope he finds success with the Lakers. My cousins in San Gabriel are losing their shit right now, lil punks. Loosing Asik really really hurts, the big guy was sulking sure but he could defend and was a great backup to Dwight. Loosing Parsons.. I'm sorta ambivalent about. The guy is good, but not $15 mil good. Just think about it, he is now paid more than anyone on the Spurs.. lol

Not gonna lie, Cuban got our guy Morey good with Parsons but I wonder if we'll get the last laugh. $15 freaking million.. *sigh* back to drinking. Lets see what scrubs we sign to fill out the roster.

If Dallas can add a veteran like Mo Williams we'd have a pretty strong lineup:

Williams/Felton
Monta/Harris
Parsons/Crowder
Nowitzki/??
Chandler/Wright

I think it's a top 6 team, probably number 5..

My fellow Rockets fans are having epic meltdowns and on suicide watch on our various subreddits and boards xD What can I say, karma is a biatch.

I'm happy Lin is gone, as an Asian-American myself I knew he wasn't fitting in to whatever systems we have here (do we have one?) and wasn't happy here so I hope he finds success with the Lakers. My cousins in San Gabriel are losing their shit right now, lil punks. Loosing Asik really really hurts, the big guy was sulking sure but he could defend and was a great backup to Dwight. Loosing Parsons.. I'm sorta ambivalent about. The guy is good, but not $15 mil good. Just think about it, he is now paid more than anyone on the Spurs.. lol

Not gonna lie, Cuban got our guy Morey good with Parsons but I wonder if we'll get the last laugh. $15 freaking million.. *sigh* back to drinking. Lets see what scrubs we sign to fill out the roster.

We let go of Parsons to keep cap space for an Allstar PF. It won't happen until at least next FA though. Maybe we can get Love or Durant

Felton
Ellis
Parsons
Nowitzki
Chandler

Assuming all are healthy and play to as well as they have before, where does this starting 5 stack amongst the Western Conference?

Late 40's, early 50's. Which is good enough for 6-8 seed in the West. The two weak links are Chandler and Felton. Chandler has fallen off and wasn't the same elite defender last season. I don't know if was age or health issues. Felton was horrible last season and was the worst starting PG by a mile. No way he'll start over Harris.

Late 40's, early 50's. Which is good enough for 6-8 seed in the West. The two weak links are Chandler and Felton. Chandler has fallen off and wasn't the same elite defender last season. I don't know if was age or health issues. Felton was horrible last season and was the worst starting PG by a mile.

A lot of people no longer believe in Chandler but I still like him(and no, not because he was once a Bull).

Every team needs a bit of toughness and he provides it.

I haven't followed him regressing and I don't doubt that but I thought the Knicks should have kept him to have SOMETHING along with Carmoney Anthony but I don't know how huge Chandler's contract was and all that shit.

As far as Felton is concerned, I don't think he's talentless but never was a fan at all.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Pistons going for that new "5 guards on the floor at all times" scheme. Screw the paint.

Sigh.

Enron

Banned
[23:19] <Enron> they are going to nickname the Houston Toyota Center "The Hod"
[23:19] <Enron> for all of the bricks contained within

cacophony

Rockets insider said Rockets reached out to Camby

Morey has reached rock bottom

karma for what exactly?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah that Drummond / Monroe / Smith lineup did wonders for them last year...

They really need to find a way to dump Smith any way possible.

Oh, I know. They need to get rid of Smith immediately. Dumars was such a terrible GM.

watershed

Banned
I always found it odd that Detroit made Van Gundy coach and team president. What has he done to prove he can be successful in both roles? I think he's a good, but grating, coach. But as team president? That's a whole other question.

Siegcram

I always found it odd that Detroit made Van Gundy coach and team president. What has he done to prove he can be successful in both roles? I think he's a good, but grating, coach. But as team president? That's a whole other question.
It seems we are in an era of signing people to huge paychecks for positions they never had before.

Cloudy

Banned
Adrian Wojnarowski &#8207;@WojYahooNBA 10m

Marc Stein &#8207;@ESPNSteinLine 45s

Ok...

That is a pretty fair salary for a guy who carried the Bulls for stretches last year

That is a pretty fair salary for a guy who carried the Bulls for stretches last year

He did and I wanted him back but he really disappeared in the playoffs.

The talk about him being a fluke though makes me shake my head, he was pretty dam consistent and a force during the regular season.

Love his game despite his size and shortcomings, he deserves the best.

AcridMeat

Banned
I've been out of town this weekend, so I just saw that Deng signed with the Heat. I actually like the Heat again as a result. Don't like Wade/Chalmers/Haslim but I do like Bosh and Deng. Will be a fun team to watch next season I think. Speaking of fun teams, Mavs are going to be pretty fun to watch too.
Marc Stein &#8207;@ESPNSteinLine
As for Mario Chalmers, hearing he landed a two-year deal from the Heat in the region of $8+ million
Ehh maybe they feel with LeBron off his back he'll improve? Otherwise I think they should have gone after another guard on the market.
Awesome.

PBY

Banned
I've been out of town this weekend, so I just saw that Deng signed with the Heat. I actually like the Heat again as a result. Don't like Wade/Chalmers/Haslim but I do like Bosh and Deng. Will be a fun team to watch next season I think. Speaking of fun teams, Mavs are going to be pretty fun to watch too.
Ehh maybe they feel with LeBron off his back he'll improve? Otherwise I think they should have gone after another guard on the market.

Awesome.

What guard on the market provides better value at that price? Statistically, Rio was very solid man. We've overreacted on his bad playoff run.

AcridMeat

Banned
I think with the line up they have now they need a better court orchestrator than him.

Also I liked the Heat when they were running guys like Odom/OG Wade and Hardaway/Mourning before that. I despised modern Heat, that's why I said I'm a Heat "fan" again.

Oh and this fucking awesome dude.
Jm1AifS.jpg

Vestal

What guard on the market provides better value at that price? Statistically, Rio was very solid man. We've overreacted on his bad playoff run.

Rio/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Bird that's a lineup I can dig. I just wish we had taken a shot at grabbing Monroe.

I eagerly await to see what Spo will do to re-engineer the offense now that Lebron is gone. Lets remember they went through 2 different Offensive philosophies while the Big 3 were together. First one fizzled in the finals, then came the offense that won them 2 titles which was centered around Lebron purely.

PBY

Banned
I think with the line up they have now they need a better court orchestrator than him.

Also I liked the Heat when they were running guys like Odom/OG Wade and Hardaway/Mourning before that. I despised modern Heat, that's why I said I'm a Heat "fan" again.

Oh and this fucking awesome dude.
Jm1AifS.jpg
Right... But who?

We got screwed out of a shot at Isaiah t. PHX isn't giving is Bledsoe.

No one left.

AcridMeat

Banned
Right... But who?

We got screwed out of a shot at Isaiah t. PHX isn't giving is Bledsoe.

No one left.
Not much left now you're right. Time to convert Jimmer to a PG.

Mo Williams is available, he'd be okay as a tandem with Chalmers. What's the deal with Evan Turner? Is he being looked at by any teams? Do teams even want him?

Top Bottom