• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

The Miami Heat and Dwyane Wade are moving closer to a deal that will be worth approximately $60 million over four seasons.

The Heat renounced their rights to Udonis Haslem on Monday, which will setup paying him $2.7 million on the room mid-level exception.

Wade opted out of his deal this offseason for free agency.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/234302/Dwyane-Wade-Expected-To-Sign-Four-Year-$60M-Deal-With-Heat

Chandler Parsons is making the same money (per year) as Dwyane Wade. :lol

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah, you're probably right. Curry and Lillard are better shooters and will feast from the outside. Especially with the shorter line. Though I don't know if Coach K will cut a Dukie.

He hasn't really had a lot of Duke players on the team. I think Battier was on the 06 FIBA team, Boozer was on 08 and thats it I think. Neither of them started. K does like using the international game to launch certain players careers, like Durant, so that would be more of what he's thinking with Irving.

Old pic, but LOL Melo
sswr8lgt3bkjduddn63h.jpg

@JaredZwerling said:
Source: Celtics & Wizards working on a sign-and-trade involving Kris Humphries. Deal will be in the 3-year, $13.5 miil range. Not done yet.

I liked Hump but I'm not exactly sad to see him go.

Shitty deal for Wade (those last 2 years are going to be ugly) but Miami didn't really have a choice. They would have fucked themselves with the union, agents and players if they tried to low ball him after getting him to opt out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Sucks that marketability plays into players' contracts. Dwyane Wade is done, though.

I've bashed on Wade as much as, or maybe more than, most, but I have to admit that while I think he's done, I think he's "done" only in the sense that he can't get you 30 a night and can't do jack shit deep in the playoffs. He was still great for most of the season and most of the playoffs... when he played.

I read it was just $34 million in 2 years with a player option on 2015-2016.

Oh, was it?! I think by the time I posted that, his contract structure was still speculation. Thanks for clarifying!

I've bashed on Wade as much as, or maybe more than, most, but I have to admit that while I think he's done, I think he's "done" only in the sense that he can't get you 30 a night and can't do jack shit deep in the playoffs. He was still great for most of the season and most of the playoffs... when he played.

Yeah, I hear ya! I've been a huge Dwyane Wade fan since he's been in the NBA, but I agree, I think he's done being Dwyane Wade, but that doesn't mean he can't lead a team to the playoffs in the East. I still give him as much a chance as anybody in that regard -- it's just a matter of how deep he can take a team once he's in.

Tom Penny

Kobe will be crying when he looks around the locker room and finds no teammates.

Still, the CBA kind of sucks, because Dirk really shouldn't be playing at such a steep discount, nor should Kobe have to take one.

There is being loyal and being dumb. Granted Cuban could have a suitcase of money waiting for him but I'm not leaving 40+ million on the table.

fertygo

For what Dirk taking that much of paycut if his team paying 15+m to Chandler Parsons and declined Tyson Chandler anyway. #notworthit

Cuban may win the battle against Morey, but he still losing the war.

Two Words

There is being loyal and being dumb. Granted Cuban could have a suitcase of money waiting for him but I'm not leaving 40+ million on the table.

Maybe Dirk's been saving up his money and been making crazy money from European endorsement deals. At a certain point for some people, money loses value. If you aren't living an expensive lifestyle and you've already saved up a couple hundred million dollars, you don't feel cheated taking a discount if you want to win. It's all about what makes you happy. If adding another $20,000,000 is what makes you happy, then do that.

Bowser

Sources say Golden State has been unwilling to offer Minnesota more than a combination of former All-Star forward David Lee and 2012 lottery pick Harrison Barnes -- likely packaged with a future first-round pick -- in exchange for Love and Wolves swingman Kevin Martin.

Golden State, however, knows it now has serious competition for Love, with the Cleveland Cavaliers known to be seriously interested in trading for the All-Star power forward.

The Cavaliers have declared that Andrew Wiggins, last month's No. 1 overall pick in the NBA draft, is off limits in any trade talks, but sources say Wolves president Flip Saunders is adamant that he won't surrender Love now unless he gets back Thompson or Wiggins.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...innesota-timberwolves-talking-kevin-love-deal

Flip's coach and president of the team. He's not gonna back down, he'll take the ship down with him if he doesn't get Wiggins or Thompson.

AcridMeat

Banned
I just read that too. I'm glad that the Warriors won't give up Klay. Most I'd offer is Barnes with Lee, if they don't want it they can have a grumpy Love for another year before getting nothing at all for him.
Maybe Dirk's been saving up his money and been making crazy money from European endorsement deals. At a certain point for some people, money loses value. If you aren't living an expensive lifestyle and you've already saved up a couple hundred million dollars, you don't feel cheated taking a discount if you want to win. It's all about what makes you happy. If adding another $20,000,000 is what makes you happy, then do that.
Yep. Houston are the big rivals, he's not ditching Mavs for them, and he's not spending his last years at the shitshow in LA. Pretty simple why he stayed in Dallas.

Bowser

Boozer's finally going to sign that Cleveland deal.

I like Boozer
(Blue Devil)
, so I'd actually like to see him in Cleveland (joining LeBron Kyrie) or Charlotte.

May be in luck then:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 6m
Plenty of teams with salary cap space, but two early favorites to make bids on Carlos Boozer: Charlotte and Atlanta.

Booz is never going back to Cleveland after the way he did their former owner dirty.

Plz breh

All dukie team is in miami

Battier retired. You got Deng, though, so that's bonus goodwill for the Miami sports scene.

May be in luck then:

Booz is never going back to Cleveland after the way he did their former owner dirty.

Different owner, different front office, and if LeBron can go home again....

OK, maybe Charlotte's a better fit. The Hornets need someone, too, after losing McRoberts and not securing (overpaying) for Hayward.

PBY

Banned
Battier retired. You got Deng, though, so that's bonus goodwill for the Miami sports scene.

Different owner, different front office, and if LeBron can go home again....

OK, maybe Charlotte's a better fit. The Hornets need someone, too, after losing McRoberts and not securing (overpaying) for Hayward.
And MCBOB

Also the arisons

Top Bottom