• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NBA Off-season |OT| Our cap is tellin me NO! But my fandom is tellin me YEAH!

fertygo

All you need is a C that can block shots to complement Love. Finding a C that block rather than score is a lot easier I think. Finding a C that score is so much more harder. Which is why I value Pek so much more. Dude can score and it's a lot easier to find a PF.

This sound hella ironic..

Lakers hired Byron Scott for 4 years 17 million dollars. Lets see how long he lasts as Lakers HC. He is already on record saying Kobe has to change.

kobestare.gif

Cloudy

Banned
Lakers hired Byron Scott for 4 years 17 million dollars. Lets see how long he lasts as Lakers HC. He is already on record saying Kobe has to change.

kobestare.gif

Kobe actually pushed for him as coach a few weeks ago. They are very close and it'll be great to have a head coach who isn't trying to undermine Kobe's game unless we are losing late.

Byron Scott actually played with Kobe in his rookie year. Goddamn. But yeah they are supposedly fairly good friends. Byron seems to wear out his welcome everywhere he goes after a year or two so I don't have high expectations. I've never been a huge fan of his as a coach but for the next couple of years he will be serviceable I think.

Byron Scott actually played with Kobe in his rookie year. Goddamn. But yeah they are supposedly fairly good friends. Byron seems to wear out his welcome everywhere he goes after a year or two so I don't have high expectations. I've never been a huge fan of his as a coach but for the next couple of years he will be serviceable I think.

I doubt anyone really wanted this gig. I hope he surprises everyone I dont have high hopes though. Looks like the second half of my life will be very different from the first half

Effnine

Lol mo Williams signed with they twolves. Watch him try and get himself included in the Love trade talks to force a LeBron reunion.

"Bron had me blinded man. He wins you over completely. He makes you feel like you're his best friend. He'll party with you, train with you, dance on the sideline with you… Look, growing up I was obsessed with the Thundercats. Bron found out and he had this artist make me a painting where it was me playing basketball, but I looked like Panthro. He would call me Panthro all the time, and I called him Lion-O. We used to joke about how Dwight (Howard, then their nemesis with the Orlando Magic) was Mumm-Ra." I ask Williams where that painting is now, and he crumbles his napkin and tosses it over his shoulder, then shrugs. "I couldn't get Bron to pick up my calls for a week after 'The Decision,' so finally I just sent him a text, I just said, Lion-O would never leave Panthro out in the cold. Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat. But that's how he is… That's who he is. He makes you feel like a million bucks and then steps over you like a bad penny on his way out the door."

#NeverForget

RedAssedApe

Banned
Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin withdrew last week from Team USA training camp for the FIBA World Cup because he was advised by doctors to give a small fracture in his back more time to heal before the start of the next NBA season, sources with knowledge of the situation told ESPN.com.

Griffin is expected to make a full recovery from the injury, which sources say was suffered during the playoffs. However, doctors advised him to sit out international competition this summer for precautionary reasons.

Griffin has continued to work out this summer in Los Angeles with teammate DeAndre Jordan and former Laker and Clipper Sasha Vujacic.

Blake and DJ hoping the machine's championship pedigree can rub off on them.

it's kind of sad if it's true that Kevin Love is not participating in the World Cup because of this trade looming over his head. Not sure why he is letting that stop him, maybe to avoid injury and avoid that complicating matters?

Dude been pretty much stashed away since LeBron made his announcement.

it's kind of sad if it's true that Kevin Love is not participating in the World Cup because of this trade looming over his head. Not sure why he is letting that stop him, maybe to avoid injury and avoid that complicating matters?

Dude been pretty much stashed away since LeBron made his announcement.

It's a smart move for him. If he gets hurt or gets punked by the Gasols or something it could hurt his trade value and make it harder for Minny to deal him.

Not surprised with the 76ers. But if the rules are the same, I doubt they would get the top pick in the draft. They haven't had the number 1 overall pick since like 1970's. Lakers still running for Bledsoe. I hope they get him, apparently the Suns FO and Bledsoe's reps are struggling and he is pissed off at the team. Stephenson situation similarities.

The big problem with tanking, IMO, is teams that do it multiple years. If, say for example, the Blazers get some bad breaks this year, a couple bad injuries, and by March they are 10 games out of a playoff spot, it makes sense for them to tank. I don't have a problem with that because I know the next year they will be trying to compete again. Shit like what Philly and Milwakee are doing though is shameful and ultimately bad for the brand. My idea would be to cap teams who are in the lottery multiple years in a row. For example, take the top 4 teams this year (Cleveland, Mil, Philly, Orlando IIRC). If all four of those teams are in the lottery again, make it so that the best pick they can get is a bottom four lottery choice (11-15). Teams should not be picking in the top 3 or 4 for multiple years in a row. That's just rewarding incompetence and complacency.

Almost sort of news on the Kevin Love trade front

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 6m
ESPN sources say Wolves currently only in talks w/Cavs on Love deal; Bulls essentially moving on and GSW still not giving up Klay Thompson

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m
Story going online now with @WindhorstESPN: ESPN sources say Kevin Love trade to Cleveland increasingly looking like "when" not "if" deal

Furyous

Almost sort of news on the Kevin Love trade front

This is an awful trade that will haunt Cavs fans for years to come. How in the fuck are we supposed to field a competitive team with KLove making 20 mill, Bron making 22 mill, and Kyrie making 15 mill?

FUCK THIS TRADE WITH TWO GIRAFFE COCKS.

Speaking of dicks, we need to discuss Lebatard trolling Lebron nation and Cavs fans. He put the idea out into the atmosphere of taking out an ad to troll Lebron's return to the Cavs.

First off, there is no such thing as Heat nation. Heat nation SOUNDS LIKE SHIT TISSUE. I could wipe my ass with heat nation toilet tissue. Secondly, YOU FUCKS SHOULD BE GRATEFUL BRON BLESSED YOU WITH THE GIANT. ROYAL. PENIS. Be thankful you plebeians. You don't make four straight finals without Lebron James. Remember every time you take a shot at Cleveland and whine about Lebron you taste Cleveland cum. You're bitter and it warms all of our hearts.

Where's the Lebatard rant now?

*CRICKETS*

NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, NOT FOUR, NOT FIVE, NOT SIX, NOT SEVEN BUT EIGHT YEARS OF BITCHING FROM WHINY BUTTHURT COKED OUT HEAT APPRECIATORS.

This is an awful trade that will haunt Cavs fans for years to come. How in the fuck are we supposed to field a competitive team with KLove making 20 mill, Bron making 22 mill, and Kyrie making 15 mill?

Speaking of dicks, we need to discuss Lebatard trolling Lebron nation and Cavs fans. He put the idea out into the atmosphere of taking out an ad to troll Lebron's return to the Cavs.

First off, there is no such thing as Heat nation. Heat nation SOUNDS LIKE SHIT TISSUE. I could wipe my ass with heat nation toilet tissue. Secondly, YOU FUCKS SHOULD BE GRATEFUL BRON BLESSED YOU WITH THE GIANT. ROYAL. PENIS. Be thankful you plebeians. You don't make four straight finals without Lebron James. Remember every time you take a shot at Cleveland and whine about Lebron you taste Cleveland cum. You're bitter and it warms all of our hearts.

*CRICKETS*

NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, NOT FOUR, NOT FIVE, NOT SIX, NOT SEVEN BUT EIGHT YEARS OF BITCHING FROM WHINY BUTTHURT COKED OUT HEAT APPRECIATORS.

This fucking guy........

*CRICKETS*

Haunt the Cavs for years to come? You do realize we're talking about the Cavs, right? It's not like they had a storied franchise to begin with.

Do you seriously not think that a team based around LeBron, Love and Kyrie wouldn't be competitive?

Top Bottom