• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Wooo! I just watched my first hockey game last week, and it's pretty badass. I'm in the process of moving to Chicago and was at a bar with some friends last week, and we ended up watching the Hawks game. It was -kind of- hard to follow, because I have no idea if I'm supposed to be watching specific players or fixating on the puck the whole time, nor do I have any context for the different positions or strategies, but I'm looking forward to watching the game tonight.

Welcome aboard. You'll get better at knowing where the puck is going and then will be able to watch the plays as a whole eventually. It just takes time.

Razorskin

----- ------
Dat Penguins powerplay. You have the fucking skill and firepower, how can you go 0/20? Disgusting.

The Bylsma honeymoon is over, and Yeo isn't there anymore to blame.

PxRbuWr.jpg

Alucard

Banned
This series is over. Pens show they don't give a shit enough to play. Fucking disgusting they do this every year.

We'll see. There's always hope when your opposition has as many problems as you do.

But yeah, Bylsma and MAF should be the sacrificial lambs if the Pens blow this series.

Gonna enjoy the Mogwai concert I'm at to soothe the pain.

Razorskin

----- ------
What is Bylsma's honeymoon? It should be already clear for everyone that he is a nice guy who can win regular season games but in post season he is no use.

The honeymoon is over.
The early pleasant beginning (as at the start of a marriage) has ended.
Bylsma won the cup in his first season but hasn't done anything noteworthy since.

LOL, Boyle taken out by a ref. Sit your bitch ass down. :lol

Dude...these are the Rangers...I still fully expect the Rangers to shit the bed.

Have you honestly never seen the pens in the playoffs? Our last powerplay was watching you guys leisurely skate into OUR zone as we stood by the net and watched. Your PP sucked but you didn't want the other team skate in your fucking zone with the puck. There's no energy, effort, nothing. They do this every year, they just go half speed and think they'll win.

GAF

Banned
After the tough years, the almost bankruptcy, the not making to the playoff years etc. it's so fucking frustrating to see this kind of talent, skill and firepower go to waste. With Malkin, Crosby, Letang, Neal, Martin etc. in the lineup you should be able to be in the top 4 almost every year. Instead it's just a disappointing post season after post season. After few years there will be time with no Malkin, Crosby etc. in the team and a long rebuild period. :sad:

GAF

Banned
Bylsma won the cup in his first season but hasn't done anything noteworthy since.
Bylsma didn't win the cup. It was all Therrien's doing. He just jumped in in the middle of trip and everything clicked. After the cup we have been playing like 5(?) full post seasons in Bylsma's control and every time the results have been miserable.

After the tough years, the almost bankruptcy, the not making to the playoff years etc. it's so fucking frustrating to see this kind of talent, skill and firepower go to waste. With Malkin, Crosby, Letang, Neal, Martin etc. in the lineup you should be able to be in the top 4 almost every year. Instead it's just a disappointing post season after post season. After few years there will be time with no Malkin, Crosby etc. in the team and a long rebuild period. :sad:

At least you have a cup :(

ZeroGravity

Bylsma didn't win the cup. It was all Therrien's doing. He just jumped in in the middle of trip and everything clicked. After the cup we have been playing like 5(?) full post seasons in Bylsma's control and every time the results have been miserable.
#HireTherrien

Filth

Good

~Kinggi~

Banned

I dont understand. How do you have the name 'GAF' and only have 6 posts after being registered a year?

RangersFan

damn, you know it's a crazy game when you have a pounding headache and it's not even the 3rd yet. i should give hank a call, need some advil.

GAF

Banned
I don't believe this is the players at all. It's everything that the man behind the bench does. Tactics, gameplay, preparing for the game, terrbile powerplay, lousy short-handed play etc. Just too many weaknesses and faults in this team. I'm actually surprised they beat Blue Jackets.

Top Bottom