• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Beaulieu is confirmed to be in tonight. Wow, that's huge, it's the best decision, I just can't be Therrien is actually making it. It's a little late, but better late than never.

Tonight could potentially be the last game we ever see the Murray, Gionta, Bouillon, Markov and Vanek in a Habs jersey. Whatever happens, it was a great season and I'm pretty happy with how the team has performed.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Beaulieu is confirmed to be in tonight. Wow, that's huge, it's the best decision, I just can't be Therrien is actually making it. It's a little late, but better late than never.

Tonight could potentially be the last game we ever see the Murray, Gionta, Bouillon, Markov and Vanek in a Habs jersey. Whatever happens, it was a great season and I'm pretty happy with how the team has performed.

Agreed.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be happy until we hear about Therrien's four year extension.

Plus I'll have to shave my beard, and I don't wanna!

Calamari41

41 > 38
Ducks fans are always happy because we're just good people in general. Surrounded by our family, friends, and loved ones, we go about our business day by day doing what we can to make each one just a little bit brighter.

And then someone calls your grandma a cunt and dumps a beer on your son, and you remember that the Kings are visiting tonight.

Mentok

Banned

I don't believe they'll let Markov go. The market for a player of his caliber is very thin, they're better off signing him. I don't see the others getting re-signed though.

You're gonna love the multi year extensions Bouillon and Murray will get.

Along with Desharnais becoming captain.
Oh sweet lord, if Desharnais becomes the captain, we're doomed. Bouillon and Murray are probably goners considering they have youth ready to play D.

Red_Man

I don't believe they'll let Markov go. The market for a player of his caliber is very thin, they're better off signing him. I don't see the others getting re-signed though.
I agree, I'd bet a lot of money he stays, just saying it's possibly the last game he plays in Montreal. Hopefully Murray is never seen within 20 miles of an NHL arena after we're eliminated.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I agree, I'd bet a lot of money he stays, just saying it's possibly the last game he plays in Montreal. Hopefully Murray is never seen within 20 miles of an NHL arena after we're eliminated.

I'd love to see Murray in the blue and white.

Mentok

Banned
I'm interested to see if they'll keep Gionta. He'll obviously have to take a big pay cut, but I'm curious if there's mutual interest. They also need to fill up Vanek's spot, and try to find a top line centre as DD is a bust.

Red_Man

I'm interested to see if they'll keep Gionta. He'll obviously have to take a big pay cut, but I'm curious if there's mutual interest. They also need to fill up Vanek's spot, and try to find a top line centre as DD is a bust.
I'm pretty certain they will try to resign Gionta, Bergevin has gone out of his way to say a lot of good things about him, and I don't think this team is ready to give one of the younger guys the C yet. Having him as a 3rd line checking winger is fine. No idea what will happen with DD / Pleks / Eller, one of them has to go to make space for A.Gally.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

They don't need to bring in another centre IMO if they move Galchenyuk to centre, but that only happens if they trade one of them and nobody is interested in Desharnais. I bet Eller garners a lot of attention, but they'd be stupid to trade him.

Matt Moulson would look great in blue, blanc at rouge.

Red_Man

Depends on how Eller responds next season, if he could continue playing like he has this post season, then I could see them moving Pleks at next years deadline. Preferably DD is the one moved, but I don't see it happening.

Velcro Fly

If there is a god Montreal will win today

Knowing my luck they will take the series and the Pens will finish the collapse and get crushed in game 7

Red_Man

QpHZa3g.gif

Wasn't it a couple years back that the Rangers won two game 7's and then lost in the conference finals? They could pull it off again tomorrow but they'd be so gassed.

Mentok

Banned
They don't need to bring in another centre IMO if they move Galchenyuk to centre, but that only happens if they trade one of them and nobody is interested in Desharnais. I bet Eller garners a lot of attention, but they'd be stupid to trade him.

Matt Moulson would look great in blue, blanc at rouge.

You're right, they don't really need to address C, more rather solidify their top 6 forwards. Eller is a solid 3rd-2nd line centre, I don't see them getting anything of interest for DD, but that doesn't mean they should hang on to him. A.Gally, Plek and Eller make a good top 3 for centre. That being said, if the Habs got someone like Bolland for a decent price, I wouldn't complain. DD really hampers this team (especially when you factor in how Patches struggles with him on the line).

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Tinordi and Beaulieu better be starting next year.

Well if Markov and Weaver both re-sign we'll only have room for one.

I wouldn't be against shopping Emelin this summer if we can get a good young forward in return. He's really inconsistent, and our left side is full.

You're right, they don't really need to address C, more rather solidify their top 6 forwards. Eller is a solid 3rd-2nd line centre, I don't see them getting anything of interest for DD, but that doesn't mean they should hang on to him. A.Gally, Plek and Eller make a good top 3 for centre. That being said, if the Habs got someone like Bolland for a decent price, I wouldn't complain. DD really hampers this team (especially when you factor in how Patches struggles with him on the line).

From the sounds of it, Bolland is looking for Plekanec like money.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Montreal will win tonight. Take it to the bank.
In the last seven B's-Habs playoff matchups, only one (2002) was anything other than a sweep or a full-seven game series.

Red_Man

Stay the Fuck away from Bolland. Tinordi and Beaulieu will both most likely start next year with Weaver playing as the 7th guy.

Someone who showed up for jury duty today smelled like weed so badly that you could smell them from behind a closed door when they were standing in the hallway.

#LegalizeIt

Solo

You know they're all getting re-signed aside from Vanek.

:/

Mentok

Banned
Well if Markov and Weaver both re-sign we'll only have room for one.

I wouldn't be against shopping Emelin this summer if we can get a good young forward in return. He's really inconsistent, and our left side is full.

From the sounds of it, Bolland is looking for Plekanec like money.

I wouldn't be against it either.

So Bolland is after around 5 mil? Isn't DD making like 3.5-4? Yeah there are much better top 6 forwards for that price range.

Red_Man

I wouldn't be against it either.

So Bolland is after around 5 mil? Isn't DD making like 3.5-4? Yeah there are much better top 6 forwards for that price range.
Are you serious? Stop it. Bolland is not coming here, and any GM who gives him 5+ million is an idiot.

Red_Man

PJ Stock using +/- to discredit Plekanec. This is why PJ Stock shouldn't be on national television.

Edit: Briere between Prust and Weise

Top Bottom