• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 NHL Playoffs |OT2| 'Yoff Harder

There's a dark part of my heart reserved exclusively for people in Orange County that say they're from Los Angeles or San Diego. ESPECIALLY Anaheim. If there is anything that will break the salt dam in this series it is Anaheim using Beat LA chants.

Not even a civic pride thing. Just bothers me as an issue of county taxation.

Calamari41

41 > 38
There's a dark part of my heart reserved exclusively for people in Orange County that say they're from Los Angeles or San Diego. ESPECIALLY Anaheim. If there is anything that will break the salt dam in this series it is Anaheim using Beat LA chants.

Not even a civic pride thing. Just bothers me as an issue of county taxation.

Who says that?

Calamari41

41 > 38
That's weird. The only time I've encountered that is in situations where someone is trying to describe where they live to a foreigner or somebody else who wouldn't know anything about Southern California other than that it is where LA is.

Weird-ass thing to get worked up about, either way.

I've always referred to being from Orange County. Only people who don't know California will you say LA... South of that.

Just like San Jose folks have to mention San Francisco and take them south 45 minutes

You're meeting the wrong people

Oh I know it is. Everyone has an irrational hot button issue that speaks to their inner psyche. That just happens to be mine.

Lot of people claiming to be from LA and SD that dodge paying taxes into either. Sucks. Not so much for North County SD, but definitely for south county LA.

I've always referred to being from Orange County. Only people who don't know California will you say LA... South of that.

Just like San Jose folks have to mention San Francisco and take them south 45 minutes

You're meeting the wrong people

Happened a lot in college (UCSD). Happens at concerts on the outskirts of the city. It's really a dumb think to get upset about, but whatever.

zroid

Banned
Classless.

ajiN21r.png

That's weird. The only time I've encountered that is in situations where someone is trying to describe where they live to a foreigner or somebody else who wouldn't know anything about Southern California other than that it is where LA is.

I think a lot of it has to do with how they blend together. Everything just gets piled under LA. Disneyland is a good example.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah I'm curious as to what the situation is where multiple people are telling you in LA that they're from LA when you both apparently know that they are from Orange County. When I was going to SC everybody knew all the cities throughout SoCal, so we all just said those.

Oh I know it is. Everyone has an irrational hot button issue that speaks to their inner psyche. That just happens to be mine.

Lot of people claiming to be from LA and SD that dodge paying taxes into either. Sucks. Not so much for North County SD, but definitely for south county LA.

Some people in Orange County claim to be from San Diego?

Calamari41

41 > 38

How common is it for people to dodge taxes this way? I've never heard of that before. A fake permanent residence in Florida or Nevada, sure, but just across a county line? Are you trying to say you hate people who work in LA but live in OC?

Giggzy

Now imagine telling people you're from San Bernardino County / Inland Empire and people just look at me like I'm making shit up.

Calamari41

41 > 38
Yeah I actually have a friend who claims to be from LA and SD alternatively despite being from Costa Mesa, of all places. Drives me crazy when we're in company with out of staters. Again, illogical, but it has its hooks in me at this point.

That's really weird, if I were him and wanted to lie I would say Newport.

It's like if you're from Westwood and you tell people you're from Compton rather than Santa Monica or Beverly Hills

I feel like a jerk for derailing things a bit. Complimentary comments toward Orange County.

Cismontane is great.

Ace makes great ciders.

Bruxie is alright.

John Gibson is a massive success in transhumanism experimentation.

Anaheim has....things...like....Disneyland....and hotels...

Top Bottom