• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had Hillman, but I dropped him because I wanted to keep my sleepers. I regretted it and wanted to go back and get him but the guy with CJ picked him up immediately off waivers to handcuff CJ. I might have missed a big opportunity.

As for CJ, I was never a big believer in him this year. With the new O line and Manning declining, I wasn't too high on him as a 1st rounder. We'll see if he can turn it around from this poor start(I know he's hurt right now which is contributing to his lack of touches).

Thing is CJ doesn't have the trust of the coaching staff because the staff that oversaw him is gone... so now an injured CJ is going at it less than 100% and Hillman just has to not fumble and he'll make it a committee again. Hillman is too fragile to be a lead back though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Feeling super smug for picking up Denver's Defense.

ixwfqyYhhJ2R8.gif

GatorBait

Mccoy may not play this week...

Karlos Williams anyone?👀
Grabbed him in both my leagues. Even if McCoy plays this week, a hamstring injury has a relatively high possibility of sidelining him at some point. Obviously, holding onto him depends on your bench space, but if you have a spot, it may not be a bad idea to hold onto him, at least until someone better shows up as a free agent.

The Broncos D saved me from the horror of starting CJ Anderson. I can't believe CJ Anderson and Dez Bryant were my top two picks in one league.

FTF

So glad I didn't play Alex Smith. I'm thinking Tannehill is going to have more than 5 points at least.

Tannehill playing the Jags should have been 100% automatic vs Smith against Denver. Glad you didn't overthink yourself and somehow play Smith.

Alright guys. I'm at a crossroads. Phewie. A crossroads.

My team. ESPN Standard 2RB/2WR/1FLEX.

WR:
Dem. Thomas
Keenan Allen
John Brown
Brandon Coleman
Stevie Johnson

RB:
F. Gore
Arian Foster
Danny Woodhead
TJYeldon
Isaiah Crowell
CHristine Michael

TE:
GRONKINATOR

Essentially, I think I'm going to make the playoffs. The Dez Bryant player in my league lost the first week. I offered him Woodhead as a starter for a trade for Bryant. He declined early. Today, he says "john brown for Dez". Today, he says "take the offer".

He suggests

Dez Bryant for John Brown.

I FUCKING Love John Brown. I'm not sure about my WR's as a consistent set year-round. Should I just take the trade?

I thought about countering with Keenan Allen, instead. Do you think that's better? What are your thoughts? Am I giving up too much for potentially 5 weeks of Dez? I'm not sure I make the playoffs given Denver's passing woes (thus making D Thomas not a automatic top WR1 weekly)

FTF

^ what?? Do not trade Keenan for Dez, he could be out for 2 months. And DT is still a WR1, you saw why last night.

Those last few drives probably killed be between Charles getting vultured and then fumbling, and Thomas gaining about 50 yards on the last drive after doing almost nothing the entire game before that.

pharmx

The Broncos D saved me from the horror of starting CJ Anderson. I can't believe CJ Anderson and Dez Bryant were my top two picks in one league.

I think CJ WAS my first round pick. That's what I get for not doing my research prior to the draft. He looked good on paper though, dammit.

Definitely no to Keenan for Dez, even John Brown for Dez I'm not positive I would do. In a two WR league non-PPR depending on the league size I'd go John Brown for Dez if you are confident in beating the competition to the playoffs.

Definitely no to Keenan for Dez, even John Brown for Dez I'm not positive I would do. In a two WR league non-PPR depending on the league size I'd go John Brown for Dez if you are confident in beating the competition to the playoffs.

this is exactly my feel. Conflicted :( 12 team.

Also have Bradford/Brady at QB

Apath

Kelce didn't get enough love from Manning tonight, but man did that Denver-D carry me. Guy I'm up against had Jamaal, but things wound up alright.

Hazelhurst

Yahoo Standard league

Got to fill a WR spot and WR/RB spot.

Pick two out of the three:

1. Percy Harvin
  2. Tyler Lockett
  3. David Johnson

this is exactly my feel. Conflicted :( 12 team.

Also have Bradford/Brady at QB

Well look at it this way worse case scenario you have Dez as a flex play for 4 gms including WKs 15&16 against NYJ and @BUF

And you have to play 12 WKs streaming Yeldon, Woodhead, Stevie and Coleman at flex. Look at the Schedule and check out how often those guys match ups are overwhelming better than Browns. You may only use Brown 4-5 more times at flex I don't know.

John Brown's value is tied to Palmer's health too. He could get hurt next week and be nothing more than another match up dependent flex.

If you can make the playoffs you'll have a huge advantage.

Pick two out of the three:

1. Percy Harvin
  2. Tyler Lockett
  3. David Johnson

I agree Locket & Johnson. ARI facing CHI is too good even if Johnson & Johnson split the carries. You have to think Watkins will be more involved next week, I'd lean more towards Watkins having value and Harvin not as opposed to expecting a repeat of WK1.

UberTag

I think CJ WAS my first round pick. That's what I get for not doing my research prior to the draft. He looked good on paper though, dammit.
Denver running backs ALWAYS look good on paper.

I'm not sure their starting RB on draft day has held the job without getting replaced or injured for an entire season in an eternity.

Whether that running back's name is C.J. Anderson (2015), Montee Ball (2014), Montee Ball (2013), Willis McGahee (2012), Knowshon Moreno (2011). 2009 and 2010 were the dark ages of Broncos RB platoon committees featuring the likes of Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, Laurence Maroney and Lance Ball.

But yeah... they've got a 4-year streak going of their fantasy draft day darling not living up to their ADP.

2011 was the year Willis McGahee was a fantasy zombie.
2012 had McGahee go out to a season-ending knee injury in Week 11.
2013 had Ball as the draft darling, Hillman as the up-and-comer and Moreno decided to break out with a career year.
2014 had Ball once again underperform and eventually lose his starting job to Hillman who gave way to Anderson.
And now 2015 has arrived with Anderson failing to outrush Hillman in two straight games.

Might as well stash Juwan Thompson now as I'm sure he'll be the starter come the fantasy playoffs.

Tannehill playing the Jags should have been 100% automatic vs Smith against Denver. Glad you didn't overthink yourself and somehow play Smith.

That monster game last week clouded my mind. Plus, it's a 2 QB league so I can afford to take risks like that.

woodchuck

Need some help with my FLEX position. 12 Team Standard scoring.

1) Tevin Coleman vs Giants or
2) Ameer Abdullah vs Vikings (I'm also starting Calvin Johnson) or
3) Chris Johnson vs Bears or
4) Jarvis Landry vs Jags or
5) Jonathan Stewart vs Texans

Right now, I'm leaning towards either Tevin Coleman or Jarvis Landry. I think Ameer Abdullah is the most talented but he didn't get that many carries last week and I'm always hesitant to start two guys on the same team.

I'm projected to win by about 5 points so I don't necessarily need a home run hitter.

Have to disagree with you UT. I'm still confident in CJ Anderson. They kept giving him the rock. Not all the time, but enough. It's not like Hillman got the majority of carries or a strong YPA. Neither guy was finding room to move because (a) the offensive line is still having big problems and (b) Peyton can't make the other team respect the pass. I mean, without Emmanuel Sanders on the field, Peyton probably ends the day with 4 picks and the Chiefs win by at least two scores.

(And clearly, the team knows it - Peyton at one point was forcing throws just to take the time to figure it out; they know if he can't throw their season is basically over.)

The troubling thing to me is just that Anderson's value is now tied entirely to if Peyton can figure out his offense. I think Manning is showing signs of doing that, but it's rough sledding and it looks like he's basically throwing out Kubiak's playbook to do it. I will keep trotting out CJA in fantasy but as a low-end RB2 unless the matchup is sweet (paging the Raiders) or we see Peyton get things in gear for a game.

toneroni

Tell me about it, in one league I have CJ, Demaryious, Broncos D and McManus (K)!
I totally didn't even think about it until I checked afterwards.
I should probably make a trade at some point to spread it out but who to trade lol.
Maybe I can trade kickers or defenses hah

Jarnet87

Would cry if I played against Broncos D last night.

I'm a little disappointed Maclin hasn't had better peformances, but I'm not really worried. Was having a good game against Houston before they decided to just run it and let Houston back in for the 2nd half. Decent performance against the Broncos D who get a lot of pressure and have solid corners. Lots of targets and they have no one else.

I played him over James Jones as my #2 receiver this week with TY being out or game time decision. Was worried Jones would line up against Sherman.

So how bad am I gonna get burned by having the Seahawks D this weekend? I looked into picking up another D on waivers but the best one left was the Niners, so I didn't make a move.

So how bad am I gonna get burned by having the Seahawks D this weekend? I looked into picking up another D on waivers but the best one left was the Niners, so I didn't make a move.

I'm a little worried about them too. They won't put up points like last week but I think they'll be fine. I'd much rather risk playing Seattle than dropping a good player for a second defense.

I'm in that same boat though I have Khiry Robinson, so I'll probably go with him if not Mccoy. God damn it Lesean.

I'd play Karlos regardless of Khiry. McCoy is limping and the Saints have like 10 other options in the red zone. But strictly looking at last week's usage (5 run, 8 pass) I guess I can see a reason to start Khiry for one last week.

I'd play Karlos regardless of Khiry. McCoy is limping and the Saints have like 10 other options in the red zone. But strictly looking at last week's usage (5 run, 8 pass) I guess I can see a reason to start Khiry for one last week.

Yeah maybe you're right. I see now that Mccoy left practice yesterday with soreness. Fuck.

UberTag

Would cry if I played against Broncos D last night.

I'm a little disappointed Maclin hasn't had better peformances, but I'm not really worried. Was having a good game against Houston before they decided to just run it and let Houston back in for the 2nd half. Decent performance against the Broncos D who get a lot of pressure and have solid corners. Lots of targets and they have no one else.
Maclin should be reliable most weeks when he's not matched up against a fierce D like the Broncos. I left him on the bench in my 10-team league but I'm pretty stacked at receiver there (Jeffery, Cooks, Robinson, Wright, Terrance Williams). Probably going to trot Wright out as my 3rd WR this week in hopes that Mariota shines again vs. Johnny Football.

Kusagari

Would you guys start Ryan Matthews or David Johnson in the flex?

I know CJ2K is going to be the starter but David will probably still be more effective with what time he gets.

Sumidor

If Shady misses this week is Karlos a better start than DeAngelo Williams?
Yes. Maybe AP was rusty last week, but the 49ers defense looked pretty impressive against the run, and it'll be tough for DeAngelo to get going.

Send Jordan Matthews for Dez Bryant? I already have Antonio Brown and Dmaryius Thomas.
I wouldn't do it. I'm loving Matthews right now, and espeically if you're in a PPR league. Also, I don't know if you're using him as your flex or if he's just on your bench, but keeping him on your team and away from whoever has Dez is helping you out too. Cause now if you play them, they'll be down their number 1 WR and won't have Matthews to replace him.

Would you guys start Ryan Matthews or David Johnson in the flex?

I know CJ2K is going to be the starter but David will probably still be more effective with what time he gets.

This is such a tough one, but I'd go with Johnson too. At least with that situation, he's only fighting CJ for carries. Mathews is competing with DeMarco and Sproles.

Nafai1123

Banned
Wow, someone in my league dropped Eifert for Vernon Davis. The question is, should I pick him up and if so, who should I drop? I currently have ASJ and Ertz.

zeshakag

Wow, someone in my league dropped Eifert for Vernon Davis. The question is, should I pick him up and if so, who should I drop? I currently have ASJ and Ertz.

That is the most lol move ever. I would love to be proven wrong though. I think dropping asj for Eifert would be fine.

I2amza

Hi Guys,

I need some advice. Half PPR league, need to decide on an RB between:

Danny Woodhead vs Cincy
Tevin Coleman vs Giants
Chris Johnson vs Bears
David Johnson vs Bears

I am leaning towards Coleman because of the easy matchup against the Giants.

Hazelhurst

ESPN standard league 12 team

QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX

I'm thinking about using two tightends.

Martellus Bennett = TE
Tyler Eifert = FLEX

If I do, this means I'll have to sit my third round pick Amari Cooper. Calvin Johnson and Mike Evans are my main receivers.

Should I stick with the two Tightends or replace one with Amari Cooper?

QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX

Martellus Bennett = TE
Tyler Eifert = FLEX

If I do, this means I'll have to sit my third round pick Amari Cooper. Calvin Johnson and Mike Evans are my main receivers.

I'm totally ok with going two TE here. Cooper's options are injured Derek Carr and merely Matt McGloin. Eifert is playing great and Bennett may get more targets given Jeffery's nagging problems. Both sound better than Cooper starving for plays

Hazelhurst

I'm totally ok with going two TE here. Cooper's options are injured Derek Carr and merely Matt McGloin. Eifert is playing great and Bennett may get more targets given Jeffery's nagging problems. Both sound better than Cooper starving for plays

Yeah, I hate to do it. Cooper has so much potential. I guess I'll bench him this week. Feels so wrong.

QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX

Martellus Bennett = TE
Tyler Eifert = FLEX

Think you have to sit Cooper until the offense wakes up.

Beach

QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX

Martellus Bennett = TE
Tyler Eifert = FLEX

You can sit Cooper this week and see how he does with Carr this weekend. He will be blanketed by a well improved Jimmy Smith as well.

I love Cooper though, it will pay off soon.

CJ Anderson owners though... :(

toneroni

You can sit Cooper this week and see how he does with Carr this weekend. He will be blanketed by a well improved Jimmy Smith as well.

I love Cooper though, it will pay off soon.

CJ Anderson owners though... :(
Yeah I'd sit Cooper for now too.

And I'm a CJ owner :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom