• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTF

ESPN standard league 12 team

QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX

I'm thinking about using two tightends.

Martellus Bennett = TE
Tyler Eifert = FLEX

If I do, this means I'll have to sit my third round pick Amari Cooper. Calvin Johnson and Mike Evans are my main receivers.

Should I stick with the two Tightends or replace one with Amari Cooper?

I'd def stick with the two TE for now until Raiders and Amari show you something.

TE help in a PPR league

ASJ or Heath (or Delanie which someone dropped to make room)
Donnell or Ertz

I'd go with Heath

1. Who should I flex (12 team ppr)? I'm leaning towards Williams or Boldin right now but my mind can easily be changed:

CJ Spiller
Andre Johnson
Marques Colston
Anquan Boldin
Terrance Williams

2. In another league (10 team ppr) someone just dropped Ryan Matthews. Should I drop Isiah Crowell or Joique Bell to get him or just let him there for now? I'm really tempted to snag him and drop Crowell. Crowell will always do what he's doing now but I think its nowhere but up from here for Matthews. Especially if Murray goes down.

Sumidor

TE help in a PPR league

ASJ or Heath (or Delanie which someone dropped to make room)
Donnell or Ertz

I like Heath, especially while Bryant and Bell are out. Also, if Mike Evans plays, ASJ's targets will probaly drop.

Ertz over Donnell. Donnell is too touchdown dependant and Ertz seems to finally taken over lead TE duties over Celek. But then again, the Eagles threw it a lot more than they normally do, so if they go back to running the ball more, I could see Celek get more snaps... Either way, I still like Ertz over Donnell.

FTF

1. Who should I flex (12 team ppr)? I'm leaning towards Williams or Boldin right now but my mind can easily be changed:

CJ Spiller
Andre Johnson
Marques Colston
Anquan Boldin
Terrance Williams

2. In another league (10 team ppr) someone just dropped Ryan Matthews. Should I drop Isiah Crowell or Joique Bell to get him or just let him there for now? I'm really tempted to snag him and drop Crowell. Crowell will always do what he's doing now but I think its nowhere but up from here for Matthews. Especially if Run DMC goes down.

1. I'd go with Williams…with Dez out, Williams is the default WR1 in a game that could/should be a shootout.

2. I'd drop Crowell for Matthews yeah. Keep Bell though.

NateDrake

PPR league: who do I start this week in FLEX?

James Jones, Vincent Jackson, or Jordan Reed? I'm leaning Jones right now.

I have Gronk, Cooks, and Jordan Cameron starting. Bench is Ruben Randle, Larry Donnell, and Pierre Garcon.

^ thanks for the input. I'll go with Williams. I still haven't talked myself into dropping Crowell for Matthews yet though.

PPR league: who do I start this week in FLEX?

James Jones, Vincent Jackson, or Jordan Reed? I'm leaning Jones right now.

I have Gronk, Cooks, and Jordan Cameron starting. Bench is Ruben Randle, Larry Donnell, and Pierre Garcon.
If it were me I'd start VJax. Safest play imo. Jones could be good for a TD though.

Darkman M

So I have an flex position I'm contemplating on.

Bishop Sankey vs CLE
Doug Martin vs NO
Latavius Murray vs Baltimore
Davante Adams vs Seattle

What do you guys think?

What should I do for my Flex spot?

Dion Lewis vs BUF
CJ Spiller vs TB
Allen Robinson vs MIA
Isaiah Crowell vs TEN

Also could swap Kendall Wright out for Robinson at WR.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Sigh... Since Hilton is likely out I'll have to sub him with one of my bench players: Steve Smith, Colston, Kendall Wright or Nelson Agholor. Leaning Smith since I figure he's due to rebound but he might really be done since he wasn't too hot the end of last season either.

I'm also being crazy and thinking of benching Rivers for Foles to play the matchup but I'll probably walk away from the cliff in the end.

Kiryu

Hey I want to ask for your opinions on this roster that I have.

I have weak WR corps for sure! (Dat D. Jackson and A. Ellington week 1 injury -.-)

I want to know if I should run B. Sankey or Run T. Mason this week?

mVcfJPd.png

Beach

Hey I want to ask for your opinions on this roster that I have.

I have weak WR corps for sure! (Dat D. Jackson and A. Ellington week 1 injury -.-)

I want to know if I should run B. Sankey or Run T. Mason this week?
Sankey, Ivory went off last week against the Browns and don't see why the Titans wouldn't feed Sankey the ball the same they did last weekend.

I would hold off of Mason right now

Quazar

Sankey is better option. He's opening up because of the whole of the offense. One of the greatest value picks now.

I took out Peyton Manning and put in Alex Smith
I took out Peyton Manning.. And put in Alex Smith
I.. Took out PEYTON MANNING!.. And then put in Alex Smith..

I'm in way over my head with this fantasy bullshit

Choomp

Banned
Tre Mason of T.J Yeldon at a FLEX? They're both shaky but expected to see a lot of playing time this week, it seems.

Jarnet87

most fantasy sites will tell you to start your studs, at least until they aren't studs anymore. You spend the high draft pick to get the guy, put him in and don't worry about second guessing yourself. There are of course tough match ups against certain teams that analysts will back up with statistics, but even then you normally start your studs.

So I have an flex position I'm contemplating on.

Bishop Sankey vs CLE
Doug Martin vs NO
Latavius Murray vs Baltimore
Davante Adams vs Seattle

What do you guys think?
Sankey. Full disclosure, I am a Sankey owner but game flow tell me Martin will get 10-12 carries.
What should I do for my Flex spot?

Dion Lewis vs BUF
CJ Spiller vs TB
Allen Robinson vs MIA
Isaiah Crowell vs TEN
Also could swap Kendall Wright out for Robinson at WR.
Crowell...
7f352571d1e436b2f37e45da33941a74.jpg

Don't overthink things

GrapeApes

So someone is offering me Steve Smith Sr. for Greg Olsen. Would this be considered a fair deal?

Olsen is a better prospect at TE than Smith is at WR. I wouldn't make that trade. Especially with TE normally being a wasteland. He's got to come back with a better offer.

most fantasy sites will tell you to start your studs, at least until they aren't studs anymore. You spend the high draft pick to get the guy, put him in and don't worry about second guessing yourself. There are of course tough match ups against certain teams that analysts will back up with statistics, but even then you normally start your studs.

Don't overthink things

Will remember that for next week. Felt good up until the end of the half and then started to realize I bet on the wrong horse.

Will remember that for next week. Felt good up until the end of the half and then started to realize I bet on the wrong horse.

I get the theory of benching peyton. Tough matchup, on the road, short week, peyton's throws look like ducks half the time.

But if you're going to start a QB over him, don't start ALEX SMITH...especially since he's also got a short week and facing a good defense.

Oh well, that stuff happens and typically always looks sillier in retrospect. I've done goofy things because of gut feelings too.

So someone is offering me Steve Smith Sr. for Greg Olsen. Would this be considered a fair deal?

No and this person is on crack if they think it's a good deal.

Olson is considered a Tier 2 tight end this year for fantasy. He's an asset if you have him on your team especially considering that tight end can be kind of a crap shoot, so getting a reliable, producing tight end has a lot of value.

Steve Smith is a fun receiver who has delivered for 10+ years in the NFL... You can't not like how hard he plays, but he's one of a hundred mid-level WRs. If you need a WR, you can probably find a guy on your waiver wire/free agents who will produce for you similar to Steve Smith in a given week. Plus, SMith's value is going to drop soon, Bashard Perriman (sp) is coming back from injury for the Ravens shortly and will cut into Smith's target opportunities.

0.5 PPR

Darren Sproles or Golden Tate in the flex?

Leaning towards Sproles.

Tate. Tate is a guy who can produce in any game situation. Darren Sproles only has the opportunity to produce on 3rd downs or when Philly is losing. Of course, I could eat my words when Sproles busts out an amazing 30-yard scamper and gets 5 receptions on a single 2-minute drive... but Tate is a legit WR2 opportunity, and Sproles 3rd on the depth chart.

Tre Mason of T.J Yeldon at a FLEX? They're both shaky but expected to see a lot of playing time this week, it seems.

Flip a coin IMO. Yeldon put up what, 10 pts or so last week in PPR? Mason has yet to play and is still a little banged up so I might lean Yeldon because at least he proved he'll get snaps. Benny CUnningham had a pretty good week last week too, so I think I'd lean Yeldon but it's not clear cut at all. Higher floor for Yeldon, higher ceiling for Mason.

I just dropped Steve Smith in my league. I overdrafted WR's because I I felt they were a crapshoot after the top 10ish and after week 1 he was the one I had the least confidence in going forward.

Anyways:

Frank Gore vs Jets
DeAngelo Williams vs 49ers

I got sucked into the Frank Gore hype and I'm starting to regret it a little. I know he went against a great front 7 last week but he's against another strong one this week. Picked DeAngelo Williams off of waivers. 49ers shut down AP last week but I was skeptical of the AP hype to begin with and Antonio Brown is more of a threat than anyone on Minnesota.

NateDrake

I just dropped Steve Smith in my league. I overdrafted WR's because I I felt they were a crapshoot after the top 10ish and after week 1 he was the one I had the least confidence in going forward.

Anyways:

Frank Gore vs Jets
DeAngelo Williams vs 49ers

I got sucked into the Frank Gore hype and I'm starting to regret it a little. I know he went against a great front 7 last week but he's against another strong one this week. Picked DeAngelo Williams off of waivers. 49ers shut down AP last week but I was skeptical of the AP hype to begin with and Antonio Brown is more of a threat than anyone on Minnesota.
I'd go with Williams this week.

Is anyone else fearing Vontae Davis and thus benching Brandon Marshall this week? I'm wondering if sitting him is a 'too cute' type of move or worth. In that league I had Demaryius go already and currently have Deandre Hopkins and Donte Moncrief in. And I have Giovanni Bernard in at the flex spot.

Need advice for a FLEX position in a .5 PPR league.

Frank Gore vs. NYJ
Melvin Gordon vs. CIN
Alshon Jeffrey (Q) vs. ARI
Jarvis Landry vs. JAX

Is anyone else fearing Vontae Davis and thus benching Brandon Marshall this week? I'm wondering if sitting him is a 'too cute' type of move or worth. In that league I had Demaryius go already and currently have Deandre Hopkins and Donte Moncrief in. And I have Giovanni Bernard in at the flex spot.

I dont have Brandon Marshall, but as a Colts fan I'll tell you it's been over 2 years since Vontae was responsible for giving up a TD. (Look it up!) Last week, he was on Sammy Watkins, and while Buffalo went off on them, he had 0 receptions. The thing about this week is, is their CB2, CB3, AND CB4 are all going to miss the game. I personally like the guys you're starting this week.

Need advice for a FLEX position in a .5 PPR league.

Frank Gore vs. NYJ
Melvin Gordon vs. CIN
Alshon Jeffrey (Q) vs. ARI
Jarvis Landry vs. JAX

I dont have Brandon Marshall, but as a Colts fan I'll tell you it's been over 2 years since Vontae was responsible for giving up a TD. (Look it up!) Last week, he was on Sammy Watkins, and while Buffalo went off on them, he had 0 receptions. The thing about this week is, is their CB2, CB3, AND CB4 are all going to miss the game. I personally like the guys you're starting this week.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I'll sit Marshall. Vontae is a beast.

And as for your question, I just got notice from The Score app that Alshon is out. Haven't confirmed it anywhere else yet though. I think if it were my choice I'd go with Landry.

RBH

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Alshon Jeffery will miss Sunday's contest, per a source informed of the situation. The hope is that the receiver will return to full health next week.

Here are other injuries we are tracking as we press toward Sunday's games:

1. Buccaneers receiver Mike Evans (hamstring) will return to play the Saints, Rapoport reported. It's good news for rookie Jameis Winston to get his tall target back against a suspect Saints secondary.

2. Todd Gurley (ACL) is a game-time decision. Per Rapoport, the running back's availability will depend on whether he feels ready after pre-game workouts. To date, the Rams have played it cautious with their first-round pick.

3. Saints running back C.J. Spiller (knee) is expected to make his season debut against the Buccaneers, per Rapoport. His snap count could be curtailed as he gets back into form.

4. Ravens starting left tackle Eugene Monroe (concussion) has been ruled out of Baltimore's game against the Raiders.

5. Panthers stud linebacker Luke Kuechly will miss the first game of his career against the Texans. Kuechly sustained a concussion in the season opener

6. Texans quarterback Ryan Mallett will have to go through his first start of the season without left tackle Duane Brown (hand), two sources informed of his status told Rapoport.

7. Bills running back LeSean McCoy will play against the Patriots, despite having his hamstring tighten up this week, a source who has spoken to McCoy told Rapoport. McCoy is not expected to be 100 percent and might be used in a smaller role, Rapoport reported.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ike-evans-to-play-sunday?campaign=Twitter_atn

I'm giving the Fantasy Footballers Podcast a try right now. I'm listening to the Thursday episode - its 50 minutes long and almost the entirety of the first 13 minutes is them reading ads. Does anyone else listen to this? Did I catch a bad episode or something or is this how it always is?

And while I'm on the topic, what FF podcasts does everyone listen to and like?

My favorite right now is Fantasy Football Today. Perfect blend of humor and good advice and the hosts have great chemistry. Big Cain 2!!!

Second is the Football Guys. A little dry but I trust these guys.

Third is Fantasy Focus Football. Used to be my favorite when Nate Ravitz and Pod Vader were there but I dont care for it much anymore. Matthew seems to have gotten a big ego in the past year and is really dickish to Field Yates. I never really trusted the advice of the show that much anyway but had listened to it in previous years because it was amusing.

The Most Accurate Podcast takes the rear and I'm probably gonna stop listening. Too dry and the advice is fairly obvious. And they dont go into reasonings behind their opinions. Also the audio quality is terrible.

Ptaaty

I never post for advice - but this weekend I have a couple of "bad matchups"

Only viable receivers this week: Kendall Wright, Brandon Marshall, Calvin Johnson, A. Robinson, need to play 2.

On almost any week - no brainer Marshall and Megatron. But this week Marshall against Vontae Davis and Megatron against X Rhodes.

Realistically I would probably only sub in Wright for Marshall since Robinson looked so horrible last week.

Thoughts?

As good a person Field is, I don't think he's a good fit with Mathew's personality on a podcast. They just can't seem to gel. Maybe another week or so will settle down the miscues, but I'm not going to listen nearly as much as I used to if it doesn't get better. The friday episode was good with Stephania.

Check out The Audible. That's the podcast done by footballguys.com. Lots of content each week. There's some heavy DFS talk too sometimes, though. I like the 'On the Couch' segments. Usually a guest will be able to talk at length about their reasoning per rankings/schemes/playscripts, etc.

Herp derp, I somehow missed that you listened to them. Nevermind.....

As good a person Field is, I don't think he's a good fit with Mathew's personality on a podcast. They just can't seem to gel. Maybe another week or so will settle down the miscues, but I'm not going to listen nearly as much as I used to if it doesn't get better. The friday episode was good with Stephania.

Check out The Audible. That's the podcast done by footballguys.com. Lots of content each week. There's some heavy DFS talk too sometimes, though. I like the 'On the Couch' segments. Usually a guest will be able to talk at length about their reasoning per rankings/schemes/playscripts, etc.

Herp derp, I somehow missed that you listened to them. Nevermind.....
Yeah Field is great for a show like NFL Insiders. He's too serious and doesn't seem too .. playful? They need a guy in there that won't take shit and will give Matthew the business right back. Funnily enough though I thought the best episode of the season so far was Field and Schefter. So two serious guys could work too.

Oh and about the audible - I love the games preview eps and the waiver wire show. I don't listen to On the Couch too much though but prob should.

FTF

Ugh, with Alshon out now I have to go with Watkins or Charles Johnson...leaning towards Johnson as Bills will be very run heavy today and Watkins got a big fat goose egg last week. Luckily I have Den defense so am ahead of the game with their 22pts on Thurs.

ESPN PPR league. Have Lynch and Hill at RB, Andre Johnson and John Brown at WR. For WR/RB, should I stick with Ivory or go with Steve Johnson, James Jones, or Eddie Royal?

Oh and about the audible - I love the games preview eps and the waiver wire show. I don't listen to On the Couch too much though but prob should.

I should say this is my second season with them, and I didn't listen to 'on the couch' much last year (too many podcasts.......). So I've only listened to 6 or so casts of that format.

Should I stick with Seahawks defense today? I'm having some last minute thoughts. I could pick up Saints, Browns or Colts off waivers but all my options seem like crap shoots.

ESPN PPR league. Have Lynch and Hill at RB, Andre Johnson and John Brown at WR. For WR/RB, should I stick with Ivory or go with Steve Johnson, James Jones, or Eddie Royal?

I read Ivory is questionable. It always sucks having a questionable playing on Monday night, so it's a tough call. I'd probably play it safe and go with someone else, Steve Johnson looks good.

Should I stick with Seahawks defense today? I'm having some last minute thoughts. I could pick up Saints, Browns or Colts off waivers but all my options seem like crap shoots.

This seems like a "don't get cute" sort of thing. Browns could get run over, and the Colts won't be spectacular. Saints are back on turf, and TB isn't good, but they won't be as bad as they were last week.

GatorBait

I'm thinking of benching Shady and playing Karlos Williams. None of this sounds good for LeSean. Is that crazy?

I think your upside of playing Williams is lower than your upside of playing McCoy. The downside is about the same. Hopefully, that makes sense. I have Williams sitting on my bench in 2 leagues right now, but I'm not even considering starting him until more concrete news comes out about Shady. It sounds like he is going to play today from everything I've read over the past few days.

This seems like a "don't get cute" sort of thing. Browns could get run over, and the Colts won't be spectacular. Saints are back on turf, and TB isn't good, but they won't be as bad as they were last week.

Seattle it is then. I'm so bummed I missed out on Denver's defense, I'd be sitting pretty right now. The guy before me on waivers nabbed them and didn't even play them this week...

Sobriquet

I think your upside of playing Williams is lower than your upside of playing McCoy. The downside is about the same. Hopefully, that makes sense. I have Williams sitting on my bench in 2 leagues right now, but I'm not even considering starting him until more concrete news comes out about Shady. It sounds like he is going to play today from everything I've read over the past few days.

Playing Karlos would be going against ALL of the experts. The thing is, if they keep playing Shady on his bad hamstring it'll only get worse. They have to know that.

I'm just trying to (unsuccessfully so far) talk myself into not playing shady. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom