• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im in the reverse position.

im ahead by 12 and my opponent has Brandon Marshall to play...

i'm thinking he;ll win, but he's going to be shadowed by one of the top CBs in the league. so fingers crossed very tightly.

edit: is hilton playing? i thought moncrief was getting his looks...havent been following it since last week though. i'm not sure overall.. marshall did well last week. so no one knows whaat his floor is yet on the jets.

I'm down 20 thanks to Marshawn Lynch scoring 6, but I have Luck going tonight and he has Marshall. I'm screwed but it will be fun to see if I can get close.

I'm down 11 points. Opponent has B. Marshall I have the option of T.Y. Hilton/A. Johnson/C. Ivory in flex.

I'm thinking Ivory. But then again maybe not....ahhh. On one hand Fitzpatrick is the QB and he blows so the Jets will run. On the other hand Hilton and Johnson have better upside being able to put up 30 points. But there's no guarantee they'll score with the options on the Colts offense. Ivory seems like the safe play.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so bradford has sucked major balls for me both weeks...thinking I should bench him till that eagles offense gets its shit together.

unfortunately theres not much left on the wire at QB. Might have to go with Dalton and hold my breath.

foles, bortles, carr, cutler, tyrod taylor, manziel, and flacco are my other options.

Poised to win $40 on fandeul tonight but will probably end up around $28, which id still be happy with considering I lost my league game against friends by 0.40 points on randall cobbs last catch.

nillapuddin

stupid stupid Chris Johnson, I should not have bought in on that, fuck everyone for making me believe that Blount was going to be THE guy for NE this week.
I got sooo lucky with Lacey getting hurt but my own stupidness fucked me

CAyb3cx.png

Im feeling like Mike Wallace might be a bust for me

Also, what the fucking fuck is going on with the Texans Defense? Im feeling really stupid now

Okay so I have 1 WR position open for tonight and I'm wondering which Jets player I should go with; Brandon Marshall or Chris Owusu?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Up by 35 points and my opponent has Gore and a kicker left tonight.

Gore better not have a good game.

Jets front 7 is stout you should be in good shape.

I am down by like 28 in one league, only have Chris Ivory playing tonight, need a monster game from him.

Also, what the fucking fuck is going on with the Texans Defense? Im feeling really stupid now

Having watched 95% of snaps on both Texans games, it's primarily offense related. They couldn't keep the ball long enough in the first half. They have no run game so they passed a ton, which meant incompletions and no time off the clock. Therefore, the Defense was on the field a ton.

I'd expect them to look a lot better when Arian Foster

nillapuddin

Having watched 95% of snaps on both Texans games, it's primarily offense related. They couldn't keep the ball long enough in the first half. They have no run game so they passed a ton, which meant incompletions and no time off the clock. Therefore, the Defense was on the field a ton.

I'd expect them to look a lot better when Arian Foster

Well crap

That makes alot of sense, I was expecting alot of turnovers also, thats been kinda disappointing.

Im thinking about picking up the Bengals D, they have always been good for me in the past (and Im a fan) think Houston or the Jets are just objectively better?

This is more for next weekend, but what do Demarco Murray owners plan to do? Thinking about sitting him, that O-line looks like they can't run block to save their lives.

Seriously thinking about benching Wilson and going with Dalton next week. Only thing stopping me is the fact that I've got both Hill and Green on my team too. Running three Bengals as starters just seems a bit risky.

But then, this is my first season doing this and I'm still learning. Thoughts? I mean, Dalton outscored Wilson week 1, and tied him week 2. The funny thing is, I'm a Bengals fan, and I intentionally got Green and Hill, but I ended up with Dalton by accident since he was the best QB left when I decided to draft a backup. :lol

You SHOULD NOT bench Wilson for Dalton. If nothing else, do not underestimate the amount of rushing yards Wilson can get per game.

Nafai1123

Banned
If you had told me the Ravens D would get 14 points again the Broncos and -3 points against the Raiders I wouldn't have believed you. Thank god I had Brown/D. Williams playing this week.

Trade: J. Charles (me) for R. Cobb (other team).In dire need of a WR1 b/c autopick drafted Markus Wheaton and Roddy White. I do have depth at RBs with Peterson, Charles, and L. Murray.

Now that it's clear Hilton is gonna play tonight I just can't decide if I want to use Moncrief or Marshall.

Moncrief is now a wr3 again BUT Hilton could be a decoy. And home and Luck as QB. But then again Marshall should get a lot more targets.

What does everyone think?

Now that it's clear Hilton is gonna play tonight I just can't decide if I want to use Moncrief or Marshall.

Moncrief is now a wr3 again BUT Hilton could be a decoy. And home and Luck as QB. But then again Marshall should get a lot more targets.

What does everyone think?

I think Marshall. But eh

Clearos

I have a 75 point lead but the other team has Luck, Gore, Ivory. (0.5 PPR league)

As long as I avoid a Luck to Gore TD pass I should be able to brave the storm.
Trying to trade Forsett and Hill, I feel their days of 20+ carries are over.

NateDrake

I'm down by 10 going into tonight. My opponent has no players tonight and I have Ivory as my RB and Adam V as my kicker. I should get the 10pts I need tonight.

Koko

Banned
I'm down by 10 going into tonight. My opponent has no players tonight and I have Ivory as my RB and Adam V as my kicker. I should get the 10pts I need tonight.

I'm down 15.34 pts with only Vinatieri to play. He still has T.Y. Hilton.

I'm already dead.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I have a 75 point lead but the other team has Luck, Gore, Ivory. (0.5 PPR league)

who are your other RBs?

is it really worth getting rid of Hill already? sure he had a bad game and bernard is doing well, but i dont think you should be so rash

I also have Forsett and Hill... :/

What sucks even more, it seems the players in my league never log on to check trade offers... This guy has Ryan Matthews, Tevin Coleman, AND Chris Ivory sitting on his bench...with Jamaal Charles and Latavius Murray starting. Trying to trade Russell Wilson for Chris Ivory since I have Tom Brady as my QB1 and he has Cam Newton and Sam Bradford.

Jarnet87

so bradford has sucked major balls for me both weeks...thinking I should bench him till that eagles offense gets its shit together.

unfortunately theres not much left on the wire at QB. Might have to go with Dalton and hold my breath.

foles, bortles, carr, cutler, tyrod taylor, manziel, and flacco are my other options.

I don't think any of those guys stand above the rest, maybe Tyrod? Just play the one with the best matchup IMO if you think Bradford is gonna put up another stinker.

My team now
Offered Stevie for Dez and it was accepted.

Kind of wasn't expecting him to accept. Above is my team before the trade will get executed (ala, substitude stevie above for Dez)

Did I win, pending league approval?

QP3

I thought for sure I was going to lose this week (I still might). Then Mason Crosby (K) put up 16 points last night. I'm now ahead by 10 points, and my opponent just has Luck tonight. Hopefully he has as terrible a 2nd half as first!

nillapuddin

Man, Colts look really bad on offense and defense.

so glad I benched the Jets Defense (cries)

So what do we think here, should I just make the Jets my main defense and drop Houston?

Jets look better than I hoped and Houston is making me sadface. Bengals as my alternate?

so glad I benched the Jets Defense (cries)

So what do we think here, should I just make the Jets my main defense and drop Houston?

Jets look better than I hoped and Houston is making me sadface. Bengals as my alternate?

I don't trust any defense all season long. Just stream them weekly if you can.

I don't trust any defense all season long. Just stream them weekly if you can.
Yep.

As a Houston fan, their offense and QB-play can be so bad that the DEF suffers. Game 1 was a direct result of that. Week 2 was more because they underperformed (or aren't actually a top-tier defense).

Was up 60 points going into tonight and my opp had Gore and Marshall so I'm cruising.

A couple of other games in that league are going down to the wire though. One guy is down by 2 points and has the Jets D. Another guy is down 8 points and has Luck. Will be interesting to see how this garbage time goes.

This is why unless it's a 2 QB league I don't see value in drafting a QB first round, especially if it's a 14-16 teamer. Your QB would have to go Brees/PeyPey levels of ridiculousness to pay off and you can get guys like Roffles/Stafford/Bradford like 7th-8th round or later.

By virtue of these two bad starts by Luck it's now impossible for him to be worth it unless he scores like 3-4 TDs every games for the fantasy regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom