• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dropped Steve Smith in my league. I overdrafted WR's because I I felt they were a crapshoot after the top 10ish and after week 1 he was the one I had the least confidence in going forward.

Anyways:

Frank Gore vs Jets
DeAngelo Williams vs 49ers

I got sucked into the Frank Gore hype and I'm starting to regret it a little. I know he went against a great front 7 last week but he's against another strong one this week. Picked DeAngelo Williams off of waivers. 49ers shut down AP last week but I was skeptical of the AP hype to begin with and Antonio Brown is more of a threat than anyone on Minnesota.

I saw.. I happily picked him up. I need a better running back. I never got the Gore Hype either.

Soroc

Marshall. I believe the Colts secondary is having a lot of injury issues?

Vontae Davis will be on Marshall. Marshall should still be able to have a decent day, not sure if he will have a big day. Decker seems more in line to have the big day since the #2-4 corners on Indy depth chart are injured I think. I'm rolling with James Jones too, mainly because you could see it in Rodgers eyes last week, he was constantly Rodgers first look in the redzone each time.

I've got a decision to make for my flex position. I'm playing in a PPR league that gives big points for big plays. i.e. 40+ yd receptions and tds

Should I flex

Brandon Coleman
Lance Dunbar
Tyler Lockett
Devonta Freeman

Tom Nook

Will C lvory be confirmed playing this Monday vs IND? I'm thing about switching to K. Williams now since both McCoy and Ivory are questionable.

Soroc

Will C lvory be confirmed playing this Monday vs IND? I'm thing about switching to K. Williams now since both McCoy and Ivory are questionable.

Ivory status got changed from probable to questionable. Could be a tactic but Ivory is known to get dinged up. I took him out of my fanduel lineups mainly b/c its the Monday night game and I doubt you will get any further confirmation until tomorrow.

I'm still rolling with Shady for my regular fantasy leagues. IMO I wouldn't jump the gun to Karlos just yet without him further cementing his roll first. My sleeper prediction is Boobie Dixon sees more reps this week if Shady is marginalized.

Sobriquet

Ha I've been talking about Karlos instead of Shady my last couple of posts. I have no idea what to do. Also considering Latavius Murray.

QP3

I don't know where else to turn! Thought I had my lineup all set, now I am scrambling.

I need 1 for my flex, 0ppr

Sammy Watkins vs. NE

DeAngelo Williams vs. SF

Frank Gore vs. NYJ

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

Dion Lewis, Tre Mason or Tavon Austin for FLEX?

Mason > Lewis >>>Austin. Good luck!

FTF

I don't know where else to turn! Thought I had my lineup all set, now I am scrambling.

I need 1 for my flex, 0ppr

Sammy Watkins vs. NE

DeAngelo Williams vs. SF

Frank Gore vs. NYJ

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!

With no ppr I'd go with Williams. But it's a coin toss between him and Watkins. I don't expect much from Gore against Jets.

Soroc

Dion Lewis or Tre Mason?

Blount is active today. Plus strong Bills run defense. Hard to start a Pats rb b/c you never know what BB has up his sleeve.

Gurley is ruled out again and cunningham had a decent week last week. Thats a hard one, Lewis could have advantage in PPR leagues as he would probably be used on 3rd downs. Washington defense is deceptively good too. If it was me, I'd probably still lean Mason as he should get all the early down work and go Lewis if you are in PPR league

Gonna repost my request. Any Input? Right now I'm leaning Coleman

I've got a decision to make for my flex position. I'm playing in a PPR league that gives big points for big plays. i.e. 40+ yd receptions and tds

Should I flex

Brandon Coleman
Lance Dunbar
Tyler Lockett
Devonta Freeman

Soroc

Would love some advice, been going back and forth all week.

Amari cooper vs bal
Stevie johnson vs cin
Eddie royal vs ari

Is Carr playing this week? I haven't seen any confirmation.

If Carr isn't playing then I would def go Stevie or Royal. Royal could get a ton of looks today, both guys are pretty old though and Royal was dealing with injuries. Stevie looks to be pretty important to SD offense as of right now I think.

Soroc

Dion Lewis, Tre Mason or Tavon Austin for FLEX?

Austin is too much of a gamble, not sure the Rams still know how to use him.

If you are in PPR I might lean towards Lewis. Non PPR, I'd probably lean Mason since he should get all the early down work and be the "bell cow"

Soroc

I'll try and ask one more time:

Should I flex

Brandon Coleman
Lance Dunbar
Tyler Lockett
Devonta Freeman

Currently leaning towards Coleman but open to input.

FTF

I'll try and ask one more time:

Should I flex

Brandon Coleman
Lance Dunbar
Tyler Lockett
Devonta Freeman

Currently leaning towards Coleman but open to input.

yeah that's a tough one but I'd go with Coleman too…though I'd imagine if this is your toughest decision your team is ok and it won't come down to this choice.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Non PPR

Need to pick 1

Eric Decker
John Brown
Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Kendall Wright

leaning towards Decker just because of the matchup. But I'm a Jets fan so bias etc.

Beach

For all the recent people talking about Cooper I would sit him this week since he has a tough matchup with Jimmy Smith and to see how is relationship with Carr develops. With that said, he should be a must start for the following weeks up to the week 6 bye.

To the poster above I would start Wright, but I'm pretty high on the Titans offense.

Soroc

Non PPR

Need to pick 1

Eric Decker
John Brown
Davante Adams
Amari Cooper
Kendall Wright

leaning towards Decker just because of the matchup. But I'm a Jets fan so bias etc.

I have a Jets bias too, but Decker primarily in the slot against no named cb's sounds too delish to pass up this week. Only other I'd consider this week is John Brown or Cooper (if Carr is playing) Wright will be covered by Haden I'd imagine and I'm still not sure where Adams fits in GB redzone plans.

Soroc

yeah that's a tough one but I'd go with Coleman too…though I'd imagine if this is your toughest decision your team is ok and it won't come down to this choice.

Thanks! Yeah Saints offense overall seems to be the solid pick this week. My team is OK but I need to cover some what ifs like if Shady only gets 10 touches this week and does nothing with them. Plus my league is all pretty evenly matched so far, lots of games coming down to the wire and only 5-10 pts separation in wins.

Sumidor

Damn, the Saints losing, killed a lot of survivor leagues.

lol

I have no fucking idea what I'm doing.

Haha, I did the same fucking thing in my main league.

Also, whoever I told not to start DeAngelo Williams, i'm very very sorry. I hope you didn't listen to me.

Any CLE fans here?

Is this Travis Benjamin a mirage or worth the pick up?
Not a Cleveland fan but he's odd. Not alot of targets but Manziel seems to trust him as the home run guy. He's faced some shoddy secondaries though.

I mean he's worth a flier, depends on who you got. I might make a cheap offer on him just because of his next 3 opponents:

3 Sep 27 Oak
4 Oct 4 @SD
5 Oct 11 @Bal

Not Legion Of Boom material. But again, he's a situational deep threat..

Yeah I was scrolling through forums to see if Benjamin is just lucky with some busted coverage or if he looks like a legit #1 target.

For me its just a upside depth. I'd have to give up on someone like Devante Parker too early for someone that is already producing what might be Parker's ceiling.

Yeah I was scrolling through forums to see if Benjamin is just lucky with some busted coverage or if he looks like a legit #1 target.

For me its just a upside depth. I'd have to give up on someone like Devante Parker too early for someone that is already producing what might be Parker's ceiling.
Parker? Forget Benjamin then, dropping DeVante ain't worth it.

Any CLE fans here?

Is this Travis Benjamin a mirage or worth the pick up?

He is good with return yards.. I mean if you are desperate at WR.. Maybe he can catch a home run ball as we have seen. He can be hot or cold

Copied you and placed him in my lineup in place of Gore.

Ma man!

I have Cooper, Thomas, Smith, Fitzgerald, and Cruz at WR.. My WRs are good for the most part.

My RB.. :( I have Stewart, Yeldon, Johnson, and Tre Mason on my team.. Not exactly lighting the world on fire.

QP3

So no I haev LeVeon Bell (returning next week) and DeAngelo Williams (monster so far as Bells replacement.) What do? Try and trade Williams while people are high on him? Kepp both?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom