• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateDrake

I can't believe between Adam V and Ivory I couldn't get 10pts and win tonight. I'm dropping Vin this week and getting a new kicker.

Sumidor

Damn, so the top 6 most picked teams in yahoo survivor all went down. My league started with 42 going into this week, and only 3 are left.

This is why unless it's a 2 QB league I don't see value in drafting a QB first round, especially if it's a 14-16 teamer. Your QB would have to go Brees/PeyPey levels of ridiculousness to pay off and you can get guys like Roffles/Stafford/Bradford like 7th-8th round or later.

By virtue of these two bad starts by Luck it's now impossible for him to be worth it unless he scores like 3-4 TDs every games for the fantasy regular season.

Are RBs starting to become less and less consistent and reliable? The guys in my league who took Antonio Brown (first overall) and Gronk (top 5) are looking pretty good right now.

Are RBs starting to become less and less consistent and reliable? The guys in my league who took Antonio Brown (first overall) and Gronk (top 5) are looking pretty good right now.

This. My 2 starting running backs burned me on week 2 (Foresett and Hill). Luckily Tom Brady and Antonio Brown carried my team to victory! (Grabbed Brady in the 7th round before suspension was dropped)

RBH

It's becoming alarmingly more difficult to find consistency at the RB position. I took Julio at 8, and if I had picked in the top 5, I probably would've taken him over some RBs too (especially in a PPR league).

I think I'm just going to use a WR permanently at the Flex position from here on out.

So where are you guys valuing Gurley's potential at now? Considering how unpredictable RB been so far this year where do you place Gurley in the RB tiers? Are you buying low where you can or just avoiding in general?

Beach

Definitely. Picking one of the top 6 receivers (Calvin, Brown, Julio, AJ Green, Dez or OBJ) is probably the smartest thing you can do the first pick, unless its #1 and you have Bell available.

Yeah, WRs are much better investment especially in a ppr. Not to say it isn't nice to have a stud as a RB1, but I see a lot of guys starting a dumpy RB as a flex when there is a lot of value out there for WRs.
So where are you guys valuing Gurley's potential at now? Considering how unpredictable RB been so far this year where do you place Gurley in the RB tiers? Are you buying low where you can or just avoiding in general?
depends on what your needs are. I'd take a risk on Gurley in a trade if I could. His celling is very high.

I don't think I'd depend on him for consistent production right out of the gate, but long term he might be the difference between making it to the Playoffs or not

Would dropping Blount be a good idea? Or do you think he will see more playing time as the season goes on? Doug Martin is on waivers right now, but he did fumble twice...hmm..

It's becoming alarmingly more difficult to find consistency at the RB position. I took Julio at 8, and if I had picked in the top 5, I probably would've taken him over some RBs too (especially in a PPR league).

It's not so much that RB is unpredictable, but that the offenses in question are all in turmoil. It's easily the most surprising thing about this season; how many offensively-minded teams have just lost their rhythm entirely.

Eagles
Colts
Broncos
Vikings
Dolphins
Etc...

Patience is required, for sure. Not all of those teams will pan out by years end but many will, fantasy wise. The upside is there. But until then teams that do have some internal consistency are going to win big and everyone in fantasy leagues need to lean on WR.

If you're in a good position, now is a great time to offer on high end RBs. Gurley is a great example because the Rams have a strong defense to support the run, a team dedicated to using him and Tre Mason just can't stay healthy.

toneroni

My three players came though tonight (well, two of them), and I managed a 40 point comeback to win this week!
Same!
I had luck, Montcrief and Marshall left and won by a few points.
My other league is rough. I'm 0-2 but had the 4th highest points this week (4/12).

RBs are tough this year.
CJ, Jennings, Lamar Miller, Tre, Blount... All killing me in my leagues!
Never flexing a RB in PPR again..

Advice needed for wifey's team - You guys think Mike Evans will be better than Jimmy Graham this year? Both looked rough and I think both will eventually get better.

Sumidor

Travis Benjamin a good pickup this week?

Depends on how deep your league is. He's too hit or miss to start every week if you're in a 10-12 team league. Especially with his QB situation. Yeah, he has 3 touchdowns, but he only has 6 receptions on 7 targets. So unless he's getting those bombs, he's useless.

NateDrake

Depends on how deep your league is. He's too hit or miss to start every week if you're in a 10-12 team league. Especially with his QB situation. Yeah, he has 3 touchdowns, but he only has 6 receptions on 7 targets. So unless he's getting those bombs, he's useless.

12 team, PPR league. I have James White on my bench and can drop him with no repercussion to my team. Figure TB could be a good flex on some weeks. There isn't much in the waiver wire when it comes to solid WR/TE or RB options in this league. Sometimes you need to gamble with a pickup.

I think I'm just going to use a WR permanently at the Flex position from here on out.

I still feel decent taking Charles #1 overall (not so much Gore in the 3rd round though).

Guys like Antonio Brown and Gronk are autolocks (though Gronk has an injury history). It's a passing league and if you have a chance to snag a Top 3 Fantasy WR or a RB in that Top 3-5 Range, take the WR. Of course I had the 3rd pick and took Jamaal Charles over both, but only because he's not run-dependent and is similarly the whole offense on his team. But taking Gronk (gets ridiculous volume and his Brady's TD weapon) or Brown (most consistent fantasy WR 2 years running with the safest Fantasy floor of 5/50) is the way to go also.

Our draft Top 5 WRs were:
Brown
Dez
Demaryius
OBJ
Juilo

The only real tough situation in the Top 5 is the Dez owner. Everyone else is in good shape. Now Top 5 RBs:

Peterson
Lynch
Charles
Lacy
Bell

AP had a brutal 1st game but rebounded. Lynch isn't performing great. Lacy is nicked up. Bell was suspended but only now is back, but he may be rusty. The whole point in Fantasy Football is minimize risk, and it's becoming increasingly riskier in the new NFL to go RB 1st round, no matter how elite they are.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
2 bad weeks isn't really an indicator that an RB has gone to shit. I had Lacy last year and it took him like 2 months to get his groove back and he helped me win my championship. This year I'm sitting pretty with Jamaal Charles and Forte and I wouldn't trade either of them for Gronk. Wouldn't say a superstar RB is any more or less likely to have an off day than Gronk or a top tier WR. Just depends on how well their team's offense is clicking on any given game day.

The thoughts I had with drafting a RB #1 this year:

Do not draft anyone on a new team (McCoy, Murray)
Do not draft anyone high on a team I root for (Lynch)
Do not draft someone who has not played in awhile or will not play right away (Bell, Peterson)

That narrowed it to Charles, Lacy and Forte. I drafted Lacy in the first round last year and he was a big part of my slow start then. I love Forte and wish I drafted about 7 spots lower so I could have gotten him and an elite WR, but I felt Charles was the safer bet as well as higher upside.

Edwardo

I have both Wilson and Palmer in my 14 team half ppr keeper league. So with the QB injuries that just happened I'm trying to sell Palmer to one of them. One guy has Brees and was going to do Palmer for Mike Wallace straight up, but said he'd want to fill his wr3 before he make the trade with me. He sent me a trade for Carson Palmer and Golden Tate, giving me Mike Wallace and Ameer Abdulluh, but he ended up cancelling it a few minutes later.

Another team has Peyton Manning, but he isn't very happy with him now. I'm trying to sell Palmer to him as a top 3 qb right now and the fact that this team has Larry Fitz makes a trade very tempting for him. I'm trying to get Stevie Johnson from him, but I think he's going to want more than just Carson Palmer.

I'd really like to get rid of Palmer because hes just sitting on my bench. Id start him, but I took Russell in the 4th round so I feel like I need to be starting him.

Would a wr3 quality receiver be a good deal?

I have both Wilson and Palmer in my 14 team half ppr keeper league. So with the QB injuries that just happened I'm trying to sell Palmer to one of them. One guy has Brees and was going to do Palmer for Mike Wallace straight up, but said he'd want to fill his wr3 before he make the trade with me. He sent me a trade for Carson Palmer and Golden Tate, giving me Mike Wallace and Ameer Abdulluh, but he ended up cancelling it a few minutes later.

Another team has Peyton Manning, but he isn't very happy with him now. I'm trying to sell Palmer to him as a top 3 qb right now and the fact that this team has Larry Fitz makes a trade very tempting for him. I'm trying to get Stevie Johnson from him, but I think he's going to want more than just Carson Palmer.

I'd really like to get rid of Palmer because hes just sitting on my bench. Id start him, but I took Russell in the 4th round so I feel like I need to be starting him.

Would a wr3 quality receiver be a good deal?

There's always the potential injury concern with Palmer but with so many QB's going down I think WR3 is fine for him. Palmer for Stevie Johnson seems pretty fair both ways, although I don't know why he'd do it yet since Peyton at least looked competent in the last 33ish minutes of that game.

Herbs

Banned
So far RB's seem like a miss. Last year I drafted AP and that sucked (had first pick). Now Lacy is meh. Interesting to see how the season develops.

Darkman M

I had the 9th pick in my 10 team league, so it was already predetermined in my mind I would go WR/WR in the first and second rounds. Got lucky and Antonio fell to me with the ninth and snagged Dmaryius next. I knew I could grab Hyde and Forsett in the third and fourth so I figured I would atleadt ok at the RB position. I still have confidence in Hyde, but Forsett is starting to look suspect to me, oh well.

Edwardo

There's always the potential injury concern with Palmer but with so many QB's going down I think WR3 is fine for him. Palmer for Stevie Johnson seems pretty fair both ways, although I don't know why he'd do it yet since Peyton at least looked competent in the last 33ish minutes of that game.

I think he's just enticed by the idea of having Palmer and fitz together. This guy usually makes the most moves in our league.

The first team I was trying to make a trade with just cancelled the Wallace and Abdullah trade and sent me one Wallace for Palmer straight up. I'd rather have Stevie Johnson, but I don't know if he'll go for it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I had the 9th pick in my 10 team league, so it was already predetermined in my mind I would go WR/WR in the first and second rounds. Got lucky and Antonio fell to me with the ninth and snagged Dmaryius next. I knew I could grab Hyde and Forsett in the third and fourth so I figured I would atleadt ok at the RB position. I still have confidence in Hyde, but Forsett is starting to look suspect to me, oh well.

I went heavy WR too and picked up Forsett late and he us looking really suspect to me as well. I'm hoping he is just dinged up.

So final verdict on a 1 for 1 trade where I give up James Jones (GB) for Mike Evans (TB)?

I don't know whether or not to pull the trigger.

My other WRs, for reference:

Antonio Brown
T.Y. Hilton
John Brown
Donte Moncrief

And then add in either Jones or Evans, depending on whether I accept the trade or not.

SeanR1221

So far RB's seem like a miss. Last year I drafted AP and that sucked (had first pick). Now Lacy is meh. Interesting to see how the season develops.

Yeah Anderson is screwing me in my one league. It's a mess because I had last pick so I went Anderson/Rogers for my back to back picks. Now in stuck with mid tier WRs

Edwardo

Damn, he won't do Palmer for Stevie Johnson straight up lol. I really don't have anything to add that'll be worth much more. I think I'll settle with the Mike Wallace deal.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
kinda pissed I have to use my waiver this week on Dalton. Thanks Bradford.

Shoulda just went and used my waiver last week on Palmer instead of risking that he'd make it to FA.

Maybe i'll just risk Dalton making it to FA as well. can't really get any worse can it? I mean the options left if I dont pick him up would suit me just fine....? Carr, Taylor...

god I hope the eagles get their shit together.

Is it time to finally drop CJ Anderson? Ronnie Hillman is out performing him, and I've got Woodhead, Matt Jones, David Johnson, and Dion Lewis as available free agents. I'm tempted to drop him for Woodhead. Would you pull the trigger?

Also wondering about Brandin Cooks. He's yet to have more than 60 receiving yards in a game, and Brees is gone for a long while.

Badosh

Is it time to finally drop CJ Anderson? Ronnie Hillman is out performing him, and I've got Woodhead, Matt Jones, David Johnson, and Dion Lewis as available free agents. I'm tempted to drop him for Woodhead. Would you pull the trigger?

Also wondering about Brandin Cooks. He's yet to have more than 60 receiving yards in a game, and Brees is gone for a long while.

I would pull the trigger on picking up Anderson after you drop him.

Herbs

Banned
Yeah Anderson is screwing me in my one league. It's a mess because I had last pick so I went Anderson/Rogers for my back to back picks. Now in stuck with mid tier WRs

I grabbed a boatload of WR's but my RB situation looked dire. I did pick Dion Lewis 30 minutes before the season started and he's worked out great so far, but I'm sitting on this Lacy pick and I'm angry because the past two years I've gone with the prevailing theory for drafting. Which means I've left Gronk behind. Makes me angry dammit.

Wads

Banned
Is it time to finally drop CJ Anderson? Ronnie Hillman is out performing him, and I've got Woodhead, Matt Jones, David Johnson, and Dion Lewis as available free agents. I'm tempted to drop him for Woodhead. Would you pull the trigger

Ummm no? You basically just named a bunch of guys who are not the clear lead back. You don't give up on Anderson after 2 games when he still the starter...

stupid stupid Chris Johnson, I should not have bought in on that, fuck everyone for making me believe that Blount was going to be THE guy for NE this week.
I got sooo lucky with Lacey getting hurt but my own stupidness fucked me

CAyb3cx.png

Im feeling like Mike Wallace might be a bust for me

Also, what the fucking fuck is going on with the Texans Defense? Im feeling really stupid now

I would recommend reading r/FF in addition to here, there was some good analysis that suggested Dion Lewis would be the NE back to pick this week (which I did not follow, unfortunately). Also good analysis of why to start Eric Decker which luckily won me my matchup.

Probably, but I don't know about Woodhead over Matt Jones. I actually have Woodhead but if Jones was available I think I'd take him. Normally I'd be biased (twice over, as a Skins and Florida fan) but I don't let it affect me in fantasy. Jones looks basically like a co-starter at this point and dude can obviously run.

Squaked out a win to remain undefeated and in first place last night!

Didn't think I was going to win due to Roddy White getting 0 points for me but Eric Decker's monster half got me the points I needed.

I won by 2 points due to Frank Gore's fumble.

Clearos

Quick question to the masses: Standard yahoo scoring with the addition of 0.50 PPR

I'm trading Carson Palmer+Forsett for Mark Ingram+Mike Evans.
I am number 1 on the waivers and plan to pick up Bill's QB as my new starter. I feel it will be a wash or a slight upgrade over Palmer.

They had romo as their QB so I am trying to hit them up quickly before they go sniffing around in the free agency.

FTF

Quick question to the masses: Standard yahoo scoring with the addition of 0.50 PPR

I'm trading Carson Palmer+Forsett for Mark Ingram+Mike Evans.
I am number 1 on the waivers and plan to pick up Bill's QB as my new starter. I feel it will be a wash or a slight upgrade over Palmer.

They had romo as their QB so I am trying to hit them up quickly before they go sniffing around in the free agency.

I'm not sure how great that trade is for you. Palmer (when healthy) is way better than Tyrod Taylor, and unless you really need WR help with Evans, Forsett and Ingram are a wash (Forsett will probably finish with better stats by years end)

Griss

Everyone wanted Luck in the 1st round, lol. I also could have gotten Romo in the 7th, but passed, and got Tannehill in the 9th. Now I'm 2-0 and have Bell returning this week after his handcuff Williams did a sterling job all around. I also picked up the undrafted Eifert the second the draft ended and stashed him.

Is this the year I win more than 3 games?

Clearos

I'm not sure how great that trade is for you. Palmer (when healthy) is way better than Tyrod Taylor, and unless you really need WR help with Evans, Forsett and Ingram are a wash (Forsett will probably finish with better stats by years end)

Seems to be the general idea regarding Palmer. I'm going to withdraw the Evans part and just get Crabtree off waivers.

If you don't like him, trade him to an owner that believes. Don't drop him.

dropping an rb that was probably picked in the first 3 rounds after 2 games? are you in an 8 team league or something?

i'm in a 12 and the rb free agent list has alfred blue, knile davis as the best options

hell someone has ahmad bradshaw and he's not even on a team yet

dropping an rb that was probably picked in the first 3 rounds after 2 games? are you in an 8 team league or something?

i'm in a 12 and the rb free agent list has alfred blue, knile davis as the best options

hell someone has ahmad bradshaw and he's not even on a team yet

8 team league. I'll give him another chance. Just looking to do something because my team with him on there is averaging about 57 points per game with my last two opponents beating me by at least 70 points, while he's getting me 2.5 points per game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom