• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm proposing a trade in my league, 16-teamer. I want to bail on Bishop Sankey ASAP (actually has good matchups coming up but eh) and to do so I'm dealing him and Jordan Reed (Top 10 Fantasy TE) in a package for Isaiah Crowell, Owen Daniels (nonexistent), and Percy Harvin (similarly underused but he's a threat). Fair deal? I expect Harvin to probably get pulled from the deal.
Trade question:

Im thinking about trading Amari Cooper + Arian Foster

For

Adrian Peterson

Thoughts?
Assuming everyone stays healthy, might be a bit of an overpay. Depends on who is on your team.

I'm proposing a trade in my league, 16-teamer. I want to bail on Bishop Sankey ASAP (actually has good matchups coming up but eh) and to do so I'm dealing him and Jordan Reed (Top 10 Fantasy TE) in a package for Isaiah Crowell, Owen Daniels (nonexistent), and Percy Harvin (similarly underused but he's a threat). Fair deal? I expect Harvin to probably get pulled from the deal.

Assuming everyone stays healthy, might be a bit of an overpay. Depends on who is on your team.

I would not do that trade. Maybe if he drops Daniels and offers someone better than Harvin? Any particular reason why you want to bail on Sankey?

Are RBs starting to become less and less consistent and reliable? The guys in my league who took Antonio Brown (first overall) and Gronk (top 5) are looking pretty good right now.

I think it's just that Brown and Gronk are that spectacular. I would not have taken Julio/Dez/ODB over any of the top 5 RBs unless it's PPR.

Got offered my J.Charles for Gio + Cobb. Thoughts? I'm desperate for a WR.

My team
QB: Romo, Bridgewater
RB: AP, Charles, L. Murray, J. Stewart
WR: R. White, Wheaton
TE: Davis, J. Thomas

I have been trying to get rid of Russell Wilson for weeks now. After this past week I am going to start Tom Brady no matter the match up. I feel Wilson is too valuable to drop, but all of my trade offers are getting rejected. My last trade offer was Wilson for T.J Yeldon and that was declined. He has Eli and Mariota. He has McCoy and Sankey starting, Yeldon, Gurley, and Mason warming the bench. Thought it would be a win-win for both of us.

My RBs are Hill, Forsett, Hillman, Blount, and Chris Johnson.

I am 12/12 on the waiver order (Thanks to beating all these jabroni's for two weeks straight) and I am trying to snag Devonta Freeman and drop the Titans D. My first waiver claim is dropping Johnson (I have no faith in him) and grabbing Denver's D. Should I also put in a waiver claim for Matt Jones and drop Blount? It seems Jones is itching to take that starting job from Morris.

Got offered my J.Charles for Gio + Cobb. Thoughts? I'm desperate for a WR.

My team
QB: Romo, Bridgewater
RB: AP, Charles, L. Murray, J. Stewart
WR: R. White, Wheaton
TE: Davis, J. Thomas

Fair trade offer. Gio is good but Hill is in front of him (assuming he can hold on to the ball moving forward). Cobb would also be a solid player to have, especially seeing your WR situation. Any offers on Charles for a WR1? If not, I think this is a good offer.

I would not do that trade. Maybe if he drops Daniels and offers someone better than Harvin? Any particular reason why you want to bail on Sankey?
Sankey is a slightly above average RB (according to metrics) whose coaches doesn't trust him and the head coach thinks he himself is Bill Belichek, meaning meaningless RB confusion. The only reason he's getting as many carries is David Cobb is injured, and Sankey still loses snaps to the immortal Terrance West and Dexter McCluster (game flow). Hard to give up on a Top 7 TE in Reed, but Crowell is a talented back running behind a very good line. I've had him before and I know he is good enough to fight off Duke "Hyou" Johnson.

EDIT: Guy doesn't want to budge on Crowell and thinks his TE situation will improve. Interesting, we shall see what happens on waivers...

How do people feel about Terrance Williams with Romo out? I'm benching him this week but I'm wondering if I should even hold onto him. Maybe I can bundle him with someone else for a trade.

How do people feel about Terrance Williams with Romo out? I'm benching him this week but I'm wondering if I should even hold onto him. Maybe I can bundle him with someone else for a trade.
With Witten banged up and Dez out, Williams is at the very least roster-able. Don't drop him, but I'd honestly try to trade him away and take advantage of him currently being the best option the cowboys have on offense at the moment

Nafai1123

Banned
What do you guys think about playing the Jets D against Philly this week? Their offense is in shambles so I could see some big defensive plays happening.

Hmm, drop Alfred Morris for Matt Jones. Yay or nay?

No. Try to pick up Matt Jones but I'm sure you have other junk you could drop ahead of Alfred Morris. Do you have two tight ends? Drop the worst of those two.

I just finalized the trade:

I ended up getting

Adrian Peterson
Alshon Jeffrey

For

Amari Cooper
Dion Lewis

Are you kidding?!

hahahaha... jesus. I wish I were in one of these leagues.

Good trade, but you can lose this trade. I think it's a much more fair trade than others have mentioned. I'd be pretty happy if I was deep in wr

Generational talent in Adrian Peterson, and one of the best fantasy WRs of the last 5 years in exchange for a rookie who has had a couple good games in a backfield that benches guys who have good fantasy days, and an Oakland WR.

Amari Cooper is an exciting young player, but he's an Oakland WR.

Wasn't really looking to make a move to improve my QB situation, but was offered Tom Brady and Doug Martin for Matt Ryan and Melvin Gordon.

Thoughts?

I think this is a pretty even trade, but I think that Brady and Ryan will probably shake out this season about even.

2014:

7. Ryan: 303 points
9. Brady: 278 points

14. Brady: 251
15. Ryan: 248

3. Tom Brady 340
7. Matt Ryan 305

The career trend is definitely in Ryan's favor here, but Brady is playing angry this year and they both have generational talents in Gronk and Julio Jones. I think it may be a wash, so consider who you want at RB more. If it's a keeper league, I'd stick with what you have for the sake of holding onto Melvin Gordon.

I prob wont get him anyway but who would you drop for Matt Jones - Andre Johnson or Marques Colston? Or neither?

Colston, easily. Johnson is probably done, but there's a chance. Colston has been done for years.

What do you guys think about playing the Jets D against Philly this week? Their offense is in shambles so I could see some big defensive plays happening.

I've been riding the Jets D all season in several leagues. Their corners are elite, their front is tough, and they are competitive in games which keeps the pressure up on the other side (and forces mistakes). Considering what they just did to the Jets I think the Eagles are an excellent matchup. (I will probably even bench the Rams for the Jets this week...)

Badosh

I prob wont get him anyway but who would you drop for Matt Jones - Andre Johnson or Marques Colston? Or neither?

I'd drop Colston.

I got offered D Thomas for James Jones and Jordan Reed.

Dude likes the big play potential of Jones and for some reason our league is really shallow on TEs and both of his are hurt...

I mean, I took it, but silly trade for him in my opinion.

UberTag

Sankey is a slightly above average RB (according to metrics) whose coaches doesn't trust him and the head coach thinks he himself is Bill Belichek, meaning meaningless RB confusion. The only reason he's getting as many carries is David Cobb is injured, and Sankey still loses snaps to the immortal Terrance West and Dexter McCluster (game flow). Hard to give up on a Top 7 TE in Reed, but Crowell is a talented back running behind a very good line. I've had him before and I know he is good enough to fight off Duke "Hyou" Johnson.

EDIT: Guy doesn't want to budge on Crowell and thinks his TE situation will improve. Interesting, we shall see what happens on waivers...
No need to panic. You're at 1-1 and have the most points scored in the league.
Don't sweat not being able to swing a deal although I can't begrudge you trying to deal Reed before his inevitable season-ending injury.
(Your trade offer has also clued me into who you'll be ponying up FAAB dollars for in tonight's waiver run.)

Darkman M

I'd drop Colston.

I got offered D Thomas for James Jones and Jordan Reed.

Dude likes the big play potential of Jones and for some reason our league is really shallow on TEs and both of his are hurt...

I mean, I took it, but silly trade for him in my opinion.

Lol wow..... DT will pay off for you big time it's just a matter of time.

Dosia

I cant decide who I want to grab, David Johnson or Dion Lewis. I think Dion is better, but I am concerned with his fumbleitis.

Generational talent in Adrian Peterson, and one of the best fantasy WRs of the last 5 years in exchange for a rookie who has had a couple good games in a backfield that benches guys who have good fantasy days, and an Oakland WR.

I'm going off of the assumption that Jeffrey can't even play this week. he's aggravated both his hamstring and his calf, and could potentially be out for multi-weeks. If Cutler has a significant strain, they'll have Clausen in there who's clueless. Derrik Carr isn't as nearly as bad as you guys are making him out to be, this Oakland team's got some potential. If Cooper's as talented as I've read from many different sites, and with potentially multi-week injuries affecting Jeffrey's stats....it's very possible Cooper ends up with more Fantasy Points than Jeffrey. He might get more even without the injuries, because both teams are equally bad.

Dion Lewis seems to me to actually be the NE RB1. Now, it'll be game-script dependent, but he's a Shane Vereen on Steroids out there in one of the highest scoring offenses in the league. Dion Lewis might be a top5 RB, though I bet it'll be more like top 15. We've also seen the bad from Peterson. I still think Norv's going to utilize him like a bell-cow, but we've already seen a game whose script made Peterson look worse than his back-up in Mckinnen (or at least my eye-test at a bar did). I could easily see Peterson being out of the top10 RB at the end of the year. Easily. With Teddy, Chris Johnson, Wallace, Mckinnen, Rudolph, they've got lots of talent such that they don't need Peterson to destroy records. And I've been following this guy since his OK days and been watching him player for almost more than half my life.

Loook, I'm not trying to say that it isn't a big fucking win for the Peterson/Jeffrey gain team, but I think it's closer than you guys are saying. And if the P/J owner is 0-2 and needs a WR, then it's a great fucking deal for him if he believes in Dion.

I'm going to by the TMR rant on trades, 'unless it's clear collusion, don't veto'.

mackaveli

I have Mike Evans. Standard scoring

I need a rb (his other WR's are Megatron, Moncrief, Cooper)

I can trade Mike Evans for Gurley? Should I get more in return or is it fair?

Thanks,

Hazelhurst

How the fuck? Man, when I see some of the trades people get, it blows my mind and makes me so jealous I don't play in these leagues.
I was reluctant as I see Amari Cooper being a dominant WR1. I think Carr and Amari are going to put up big numbers this year. Also, Dion Lewis is having a great season so far with Tom Brady. He really wanted Amari. I really wanted Adrian Peterson.

You bastard :) That was a robbery and I honestly want to call the cops.

Awesome trade
Please don't call the police. :)

That guy won't be able to sit down for weeks after that fucking
Oh, wow. I don't think it was that unfair of a trade. Amari will dominate.

What the fukkety fuck.

You're lucky you aren't in a league with an overbearing commish who would veto trades like this.
Yeah, trades in this league don't have to pass through a commish. It's a 12 team league. I'm not trying to rip anyone off. We both think it was a fair trade. This guy knows his stuff. Amari Cooper has superstar potential.

Good trade, but you can lose this trade. I think it's a much more fair trade than others have mentioned. I'd be pretty happy if I was deep in wr
I definitely had to think about it. I really think Amari's going to dominate and probably get rookie of the year. I hope I'm not kicking myself at the end of the season.

Are you kidding?!

hahahaha... jesus. I wish I were in one of these leagues.

These type of trades don't happen too often in this league. It just came down to us both really wanting each others players. I really just wanted Adrian Peterson. He really wanted Amari. I don't think he wanted to wait another 4 - 5 weeks for Alshon to put up some decent numbers due to injury and losing Cutler temporarily.

Darkman M

I have Mike Evans. Standard scoring

I need a rb (his other WR's are Megatron, Moncrief, Cooper)

I can trade Mike Evans for Gurley? Should I get more in return or is it fair?

Thanks,

Who are your other receivers? If you are already solid there I would probably take that risk.

MBison

Opinions on trade I just completed in my favorite league.

12 team, 6 per td pass, .5 PPR

I give: Drew Brees and CJ Spiller

I get: CJ Anderson, Sam Bradford, and Tony Romo

Relevant: I have Hillman on my bench as a handcuff and Andy Dalton as Bradford insurance.

Thoughts?

I'm buying super low, hoping it turns around. Just after Brees looked like complete dogshit versus Tampa, just not sure I can stomach that all season. And yes I know Bradford has looked awful lol.

Opinions on trade I just completed in my favorite league.

12 team, 6 per td pass, .5 PPR

I give: Drew Brees and CJ Spiller

I get: CJ Anderson, Sam Bradford, and Tony Romo

Relevant: I have Hillman on my bench as a handcuff and Andy Dalton as Bradford insurance.

Thoughts?

I'm buying super low, hoping it turns around. Just after Brees looked like complete dogshit versus Tampa, just not sure I can stomach that all season. And yes I know Bradford has looked awful lol.

I'd take CJ to lock up that back-field. Not sure whether Spiller's going to do anything. Brees is scaring me, and Dalton's looked good this year.......but he always looks good until he throws up three stinkers in a row.

I'd still say do it just to lock up the Denver back-field. Better days are ahead, but it may not look good for 2-4 weeks on any of these players (sans CJ and maybe spiller).

Wait, this means you have three QBs.

MBison

I'd take CJ to lock up that back-field. Not sure whether Spiller's going to do anything. Brees is scaring me, and Dalton's looked good this year.......but he always looks good until he throws up three stinkers in a row.

I'd still say do it just to lock up the Denver back-field. Better days are ahead, but it may not look good for 2-4 weeks on any of these players (sans CJ and maybe spiller).

Wait, this means you have three QBs.

Haha yeah well Romo will be on my IR slot so he wont take up any space.

So just Bradford and Dalton.

And frankly they barely combine into one good QB at the moment.

CatBert

Neo Member
With Le'Veon Bell back should I be dropping DeAngelo Williams? The internet says he's still going to get some action out there, I know, but I'm still not really sure what to do with him.

My other RBs are Mark Ingram, Justin Forsett, and Doug Martin.

Edit: and I need to play 2 RBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom