• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApes

So no I haev LeVeon Bell (returning next week) and DeAngelo Williams (monster so far as Bells replacement.) What do? Try and trade Williams while people are high on him? Kepp both?

The only person Willimas is relevant to after this week is the Bell owner. Like why would anyone want a backup to a stud? Its like trying to trade Knile Davis. Only way someone bites is if they are asleep at the wheel.

NYR

So no I haev LeVeon Bell (returning next week) and DeAngelo Williams (monster so far as Bells replacement.) What do? Try and trade Williams while people are high on him? Kepp both?
There is no trade market for handcuffs when you own the primary as well. He has no value now.

Vesmir

Banned
su3e6MI.png

RIP me

NateDrake

Hyde killed me this week. Really needed a stronger performance from him than 40+ yards and a few catches. I know the possible concussion kept him out of the game for most of the second half, but Pitts really shutdown the 49ers early on in the game.

Last week I got a ton of points (143, to be exact) in an ESPN league and lost by 2 points thanks to Atlanta ignoring JJ for an entire half, AND a missed kick by one of the better kickers in the league, AND Desean Jackson being injured on his first target and ending with 0 points. All of those had to happen for me to lose (I was projected to win comfortably) and they did. Absolutely fucking brutal.

That's why I love fantasy though, because this week I'm cleaning up. First off: thank you Larry Fitzgerald. 37 points! Still got it! I'm at 144 points, up 54, with Chris Ivory and Cody Parkey left. My opponent has Luck and Lamar Miller.

Will definitely have highest total this week which means cash. Plus the Redskins won today and Florida won yesterday.
feeling-blessedjpg

Well an hour before kick off I went with my gut and benched Wilson for Brady and boy am I glad I did! I still appreciate all the advice though! Now I'm just beating myself up for benching Fitzgerald and starting Marshall.. I practically already have this in the back though anyways, so I guess i can't be too greedy (;

So bummed I kept Cooper on the bench.

I mean I had Fitz and Steve starting.. But still I'd have the win locked up if I had Cooper in. Go to it Aaron.

Edwardo

I need Russell to get at least 13 more points than Hauschka to win this week. I'll be happy going 1-1 without LeVeon Bell.

Soroc

Keenan Allen screwed my whole fantasy week.

Fuck you Keenan Allen.

I should have flexed Devonta Freeman too. lol fucking fantasy, I hate the Saints so much. Why to they torture me so

Jarnet87

fuck keenan allen

Keenan gonna Keenan. He'll have better days. The Bengals are like a top 5 defense against fantasy receivers dating back to last year. Was actually surprised Stevie Johnson has scored in back to back weeks. I benched Stevie for Brandon Coleman thinking the Bucs would lay another dud, even knowing as a Bucs fan they are normally very tight contests. Colston usually has a lot of success against them.

God Bradford killed me in a league I own him in lol, gonna have to pick up an emergency QB. I've got a lot of pieces I could trade for one too. James Jones on the bench, Deion Lewis who looks like the legit pass catching back for New England after 2 games. No idea what Chip Kelly is doing. So much focus on using the backs as pass catchers but Darren Sproles (who is the best pass catching back on the team) was barely out there. They run Murray out of the shot gun where he instead of letting him get his feet going. Disaster of an offense so far.

Beach

Brees/Evans/Hill killed me today. Still might have a chance to win though.

Really thinking that Cinci's backfield becomes more of a 50/50 split. And my god the Saints are awful. At least Romo owners got their QB sometime later in the draft. Really considering starting Cam over Brees from now on.

And sorry all for the recommendations to bench Cooper. Dude is the real deal. And he has 30 targets through two games. Definite mid-to-high-end WR 2 the rest of the season.

Brees/Evans/Hill killed me today. Still might have a chance to win though.

Really thinking that Cinci's backfield becomes more of a 50/50 split. And my god the Saints are awful. At least Romo owners got their QB sometime later in the draft. Really considering starting Cam over Brees from now on.

And sorry all for the recommendations to bench Cooper. Dude is the real deal. And he has 30 targets through two games. Definite mid-to-high-end WR 2 the rest of the season.

They knew the risk. Back when Mcgloin looked to be the starter, or Carr was in rough shape, Cooper's chances were limited. But not zero. But Carr improved a lot, started, and there's the high end version of Cooper.

At some point you realize fantasy football is a series of gambles, like in Poker. None of the cards are going to lock in the win by themselves. All you can do to win is get the most information and make your decision as close to game time as possible.

A guy in my league is offering:

Mike Evans (TB) + Devonta Freeman (ATL)

for my:

James Jones (GB) + Frank Gore (IND)

I'm tempted. Really tempted.

Ha, I thought you were in my league for a second. There's someone trying to get any WR1 for that same package.

Personally I don't like selling low on Gore, it's going to get better but if you have the RBs and think Evans will give you WR1 numbers go for it. Honestly I don't expect a huge difference in totals between Evans and VJax, it will be a guessing game all season especially if Winston heavily favors the vet like he did in the preseason.

Had tony romo as my QB 1 have Dalton and flacco not sure who to start from here on out. Anyone have any insight?

Stream and clear up a roster spot for the occasional 3rd QB when both have bad matchups. WK3 Dalton @BAL, WK4 Flacco @PIT, WK5 Best available FA, ect.

Guys. What should I do with c.j anderson? Should I be worried?

Yeah, you should worry, but you should do nothing with him for a while. The Broncos offense has not hit its stride yet. They're struggling to run and pass effectively and wth Manning unable to push the field deep it's leaving a lot of those underneath zone runs locked up for CJ. But, it's just week 3 and some of the best backs have yet to break out thus far.. Lev Bell hasn't played, Arian Foster hasn't played, Adrian PEterson has had one good game, guys like Ameer Abdullah looked electric last week and were absent this week, Woodhead looked like a stud a week ago and a nobody today, etc. So, don't forecast the season on just 2 games. CJ Anderson is still the main guy in Denver.

Don't ditch him. If you have options, consider playing them, or consider trying to make a move for 2 decent mid tier players... Would another owner dish a Latavius Murray + WR talent for CJ? Worth looking at.

Probably should've put Allen Robinson in flex instead of TJ Yeldon, but my opponent's team tanked (thank you Keenan Allen!) enough for that not to matter. Currently winning 146-76 with Wilson and Seahawks D still playing. He's got Rodgers and Adams playing. Pretty sure I got this.

kris.

Banned
Son of a bitch I knew I should've started Allen Robinson this week. Amazing that the Cards ran up the score on the Bears and John Brown only got me 2 stinking points.

D23

Yeah, you should worry, but you should do nothing with him for a while. The Broncos offense has not hit its stride yet. They're struggling to run and pass effectively and wth Manning unable to push the field deep it's leaving a lot of those underneath zone runs locked up for CJ. But, it's just week 3 and some of the best backs have yet to break out thus far.. Lev Bell hasn't played, Arian Foster hasn't played, Adrian PEterson has had one good game, guys like Ameer Abdullah looked electric last week and were absent this week, Woodhead looked like a stud a week ago and a nobody today, etc. So, don't forecast the season on just 2 games. CJ Anderson is still the main guy in Denver.

Don't ditch him. If you have options, consider playing them, or consider trying to make a move for 2 decent mid tier players... Would another owner dish a Latavius Murray + WR talent for CJ? Worth looking at.

Awesome. Thanks for the input. I'll keep him for now

Dosia

Son of a bitch I knew I should've started Allen Robinson this week. Amazing that the Cards ran up the score on the Bears and John Brown only got me 2 stinking points.

Werd. I benched eli and a rob for bradford and d adams. Fml

Even with getting shit from my WR's I'll still probably finish 4th in points this week but lose because I'm against the guy with the most. If Nick Folk gets me 2 points I'll be one of only 2 teams in this league (12 teams) to score at least 90 in both of the first 2 weeks. He's 2-0 (lost to him last week), I'm 0-2. Fuck Fantasy.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
This poor dude went from top scorer in our league last week to this.

7kJElkg.png

I can't even trash talk him for this. Shit got too real.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Seriously thinking about benching Wilson and going with Dalton next week. Only thing stopping me is the fact that I've got both Hill and Green on my team too. Running three Bengals as starters just seems a bit risky.

But then, this is my first season doing this and I'm still learning. Thoughts? I mean, Dalton outscored Wilson week 1, and tied him week 2. The funny thing is, I'm a Bengals fan, and I intentionally got Green and Hill, but I ended up with Dalton by accident since he was the best QB left when I decided to draft a backup. :lol

Alright so I'm down 91 to 78 with tonight's game to go. All of his players have played and I have my flex position left to go. My options are ty hilton, brandon marshell or chris ivory. Who do you guys think is most likely to get 14 points? So far I have ivory in but I'm not sure since he's questionable. Advice?

I knew I should have played Amari. Will definitely play him next week.

Fuck the Ravens for tricking me to think that Jimmy Smith was good enough to stop Cooper.

Anyway my conundrum

For WR.. I have

Thomas
Cooper
Larry
Cruz
Smith

I might try to trade one of them and one of my running backs to get a better one.

For running backs I have
Yeldon
Tre Mason
Jonathan Stewart
And Chris Johnson

Do I need to force a trade? I really don't know. This is my first attempt at fantasy so I do not know

For further clarification. I have Rodgers at Qb with Fatford as back up. And Olsen and Clay as my tight ends.

Edwardo

Omg I ended up squeaking out a win in both of my leagues last night. I'll sit the Jets D tonight because I'm ahead by like 1 point and I don't want any shenanigans. Unfortunately, draftkings wasn't as kind to me this weekend. I still have a game left for tonight, but we'll see.

I'm going to be so pissed if T.Y. Hilton plays tonight. I had to start Roddy White instead of him and he gave me 0 fucking points while Torrey Smith sat there comfortably on my bench with 23 points.

Alright so I'm down 91 to 78 with tonight's game to go. All of his players have played and I have my flex position left to go. My options are ty hilton, brandon marshell or chris ivory. Who do you guys think is most likely to get 14 points? So far I have ivory in but I'm not sure since he's questionable. Advice?

If it were my choice I'd roll with Ivory. Its the safest bet. Hilton might not get many touches or leave the game early and Marshall could be shut down by Vontae Davis. If I were feeling saucy though I might try Marshall.

NOTE: Marshall has a big chance of going off tonight because I have him benched in favor of Moncrief. :b

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

im in the reverse position.

im ahead by 12 and my opponent has Brandon Marshall to play...

i'm thinking he;ll win, but he's going to be shadowed by one of the top CBs in the league. so fingers crossed very tightly.

edit: is hilton playing? i thought moncrief was getting his looks...havent been following it since last week though. i'm not sure overall.. marshall did well last week. so no one knows whaat his floor is yet on the jets.

I would go Ivory. He is the most flexible player and the Colts have proven themselves to be awful at stopping the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom