• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

With Le'Veon Bell back should I be dropping DeAngelo Williams? The internet says he's still going to get some action out there, I know, but I'm still not really sure what to do with him.

My other RBs are Mark Ingram, Justin Forsett, and Doug Martin.

Edit: and I need to play 2 RBs.
I'd dump him unless you have the free roster spot and that is only for the handcuff. I am in the same spot, dumping him next week.

Beach

With Le'Veon Bell back should I be dropping DeAngelo Williams? The internet says he's still going to get some action out there, I know, but I'm still not really sure what to do with him.

My other RBs are Mark Ingram, Justin Forsett, and Doug Martin.

Edit: and I need to play 2 RBs.
Shop Forsett and/or Ingram and try to keep Williams.

Darkman M

Oh i meant to say my receivers are Megatron, Cooper, and Moncrief. not his.

It's defintely a risk, but I think with Calvin and cooper you have a decent WR core. Mike Evans is also playing with a rookie QB and has his own injury issues. Me personally would take the jump and hope it pays off.

Threw out a trade in my GAF league, I'm wondering what you guys think. It's a 12 team, 3WR/2RB and no flex league. I'm offering DeAngelo Williams straight up for Danny Woodhead. The guy has Leveon Bell coming back this week as well as LeSean McCoy (autodrafted) and Devonta Freeman. I figure he could use Williams as insurance and I really need RB help since Frank Gore hasn't done shit for me and I would likely start Woodhead this week.

tmac456

so, I run a 10 team league that has a qb flex spot

there's a trade accepted, Roethlisberger for Jimmy Graham.
Team getting Ben

7zsgaqQ.png

Team getting Graham

tUut7kp.png

am i wrong to really want to veto this trade?

Nafai1123

Banned
No. Try to pick up Matt Jones but I'm sure you have other junk you could drop ahead of Alfred Morris. Do you have two tight ends? Drop the worst of those two.

Yeah, good call. Dropping Ertz for Jones and Agholor for Dion Lewis. Already have A. Brown, D. Thomas and M. Evans as my WR's (+V. Jackson and G. Tate) so I should (hopefully) be good at that position.

nillapuddin

T.Y Hilton at TEN rank 13
James Jones vs KC rank 32
Anquan Boldin @ ARI rank 14
John Brown vs SF rank 26
Tyler Eifert @ BAL rank 2

hopefully waiver pick up
Travis Benjamin vs OAK rank 10

Current plan
WR 1: TY
WR 2: JJ
FLEX: Eifert

yay or nay?

Also, the eternal struggle of Dion Lewis vs Giovanni Bernard for my RB2 begins

Team getting Ben

http://i.imgur.com/7zsgaqQ.png

Team getting Graham

http://i.imgur.com/tUut7kp.png

Uh... Why veto that trade? There are two trades on this very page that are 5x worse. Dude with Ben note is just betting on Graham picking it up in Seattle, and had 3 QB's on his bench, so what's the problem

Threw out a trade in my GAF league, I'm wondering what you guys think. It's a 12 team, 3WR/2RB and no flex league. I'm offering DeAngelo Williams straight up for Danny Woodhead. The guy has Leveon Bell coming back this week as well as LeSean McCoy (autodrafted) and Devonta Freeman. I figure he could use Williams as insurance and I really need RB help since Frank Gore hasn't done shit for me and I would likely start Woodhead this week.

Gore's got Tennessee this week! You've gotten through the toughest two game stretch Gore's probably going to have all year. That matchup for Woodhead seems pretty good, though it's dependent upon game-script (I think, though not sure yet on Woodhead's usage). I'm afraid of starting Woodhead in my money league (also have Gore, Foster, Crowell, Yeldon), partially because I'm envisioning this scenario where SD wants a power run game to run all over Minnesota's DEF. Realistically, I think he'll still get 4-6 points with maybe a touchdown. I could also be dead wrong, and my ability to predict game scripts is probably not good.

tmac456

because i think the trade sucks and is imbalanced.

Ben is looking like a top 4 ffb qb this year. Meanwhile the Seahawks don't know what to do with Graham.

maybe I'll put it up to a league vote

mr2xxx

Banned

Team getting Ben

7zsgaqQ.png

Team getting Graham

tUut7kp.png

Its a bad trade since the guy should be able to get more for Ben but it's not collision so I'd say no veto.

because i think the trade sucks and is imbalanced.

Ben is looking like a top 4 ffb qb this year. Meanwhile the Seahawks don't know what to do with Graham.

maybe I'll put it up to a league vote
You gotta look at their situations too. Dude with Ben has Ryan/Brees too. He probably believes in one of them enough to make them a starter for the rest of the season, and believes that Seattle will learn to feed Graham.

Could the Ben owner have done better (like offer Ryan instead or go for a different TE)? Yeah. But that's a trade that looks to benefit both teams in some way, and shouldn't be veto'd because you don't like what Graham did so far. It's week 2: for all you know Graham could blow up starting week 3-4 (like Lacy/Brady, who both sucked ass the first few weeks then picked it up).

So with Brees looking less than healthy, I'm looking at alternatives at QB.

I have Bradford on the bench, but am understandably worried about the Eagles offense. Tyrod Taylor put some good points up; how does he look for a plug in and play for week 3?

Now that I acquired Matt Jones I'm debating on starting him over Forsett.. I think I will minimize risk and start Forsett, but by God he better pick it up this week.

Jarnet87

Now that I acquired Matt Jones I'm debating on starting him over Forsett.. I think I will minimize risk and start Forsett, but by God he better pick it up this week.

You need to get Taliaferro if you own Forsett. I would expect Alfred Morris to go back to leading in carries next week so I think you take the wait and see approach with Matt Jones unless you are desperate. I drafted him in a league and dropped him thinking I could pick him back up in another week or two and then he exploded.

God dam Nelson Agholor has been suck a bust pick. Wish I had dropped him or Brian Quick. Right now I've got some depth at RB in that league. Charles, Foster, Woodhead, Sproles, Deion Lewis (who I dropped Jones for). .5 PPR league.

I have Bradford on the bench, but am understandably worried about the Eagles offense. Tyrod Taylor put some good points up; how does he look for a plug in and play for week 3?

Braford at the Jets, Taylor at the Dolphins. Taylor has the better matchup since the Dolphins D has looked mediocre, and the Jets just put a beatdown on Andrew Luck on Monday night. Now after both the Eagles and Dolphins had embarrassing loses they could rebound with big performances but I think most people like Taylor. At least if he isn't performing through the air he can run some.

You need to get Taliaferro if you own Forsett. I would expect Alfred Morris to go back to leading in carries next week so I think you take the wait and see approach with Matt Jones unless you are desperate. I drafted him in a league and dropped him thinking I could pick him back up in another week or two and then he exploded.

God dam Nelson Agholor has been suck a bust pick. Wish I had dropped him or Brian Quick. Right now I've got some depth at RB in that league. Charles, Foster, Woodhead, Sproles, Deion Lewis (who I dropped Jones for). .5 PPR league.

Braford at the Jets, Taylor at the Dolphins. Taylor has the better matchup since the Dolphins D has looked mediocre, and the Jets just put a beatdown on Andrew Luck on Monday night. Now after both the Eagles and Dolphins had embarrassing loses they could rebound with big performances but I think most people like Taylor. At least if he isn't performing through the air he can run some.

That was my line of thinking; I figure Tyrod is a good bet to get extra points from rushing yards. I'll probably start him if Brees outlook is doubtful.

Also, if Alshon Jeffery isn't playing, Vereen or Crabtree as flex? Both put up good numbers last week, but I'm worried that starting both Amari and Crabtree could be potentially disastrous.

A romo trade in our league is being floated

I have Stafford?

Stafford for Romo/Mark Ingram?

My starter is Aaron Rodgers.

My RB is Tre mason, Yeldon, Chris Johnson, and Jonathan Stewart. Tried getting the other Johnson from Arizona) but someone (thanks stranger.. Damn it lol)

Is this somewhat of a fair trade or should I get give him someone else?

First time playing.

I have Stafford?

Stafford for Romo/Mark Ingram?

My starter is Aaron Rodgers.

My RB is Tre mason, Yeldon, Chris Johnson, and Jonathan Stewart. Tried getting the other Johnson from Arizona) but someone (thanks stranger.. Damn it lol)

Is this somewhat of a fair trade or should I get give him someone else?

First time playing.
Honestly don't see him taking that trade, but if you can get him to accept go for it. Good luck trading Stafford to begin with, especially with the rumors of him being banged up to hell. Plus the Romo owner will likely just ride the wire for a replacement

I was going to say start Jones. The Redskins are looking like the most competent team in their division and their QB is playing safety ball. But...it's a thursday game, and it's an away game. So I'd definitely lean on Forsett against the Bungles. :(

You need to get Taliaferro if you own Forsett. I would expect Alfred Morris to go back to leading in carries next week so I think you take the wait and see approach with Matt Jones unless you are desperate.

I would disagree, but mainly because I don't think Taliaferro is waiting to explode. The Ravens are in disarray right now and Forsett has done nothing to shake their confidence.

Tyrod without a question. Bradford isn't entirely to play but he and the team have done nothing at all, and now they get arguably the league's #2 DEF in the league with the Jets.

Stafford for Mark Ingram is asking way too much, but if you can make it happen, sure! I think Stafford has better days ahead but he's still not a top 10 QB. I'd rather roll with Tyrod Taylor the rest of the way. The Lions would need to show big improvement in their offensive line to convince me Stafford stays upright and can feed more than one receiver.

David Johnson is about to put his name on the map. Grab him if he's still on waivers.

Also, I think Melvin Gordon is about to explode as well. He looks pretty good; he just doesn't get the ball enough. At the end of the preseason, he said he needs some more time with the offense to get used to it. I think that's why Woodhead is getting so many touches. I think in a week or two, he's going to assert himself as the featured back.

Honestly don't see him taking that trade, but if you can get him to accept go for it. Good luck trading Stafford to begin with, especially with the rumors of him being banged up to hell. Plus the Romo owner will likely just ride the wire for a replacement

Stafford for Mark Ingram is asking way too much, but if you can make it happen, sure! I think Stafford has better days ahead but he's still not a top 10 QB. I'd rather roll with Tyrod Taylor the rest of the way. The Lions would need to show big improvement in their offensive line to convince me Stafford stays upright and can feed more than one receiver.

David Johnson is about to put his name on the map. Grab him if he's still on waivers.

That's what I thought about it.. Thanks. He has Tannehill starting for him right now. So I guess he might ride the wire with other players.

I tried to get David.. :( damn you Stranger. I guess payback for me stealing Smith after you dumped him.

Need WR advice..

I've stuck with Brandin Cooks throughout the first two weeks and I've won despite him.

Considering the Brees injury, I'd like to sit him in favor of Travis Benjamin. Does that make sense?

I'm a bit weak on the WR side right now with Brandon Marshall and Jarvis Landry as my other two WR in a 12 man league. I have Victor Cruz on the bench until he's ready to come back.

Need WR advice..

I've stuck with Brandin Cooks throughout the first two weeks and I've won despite him.

Considering the Brees injury, I'd like to sit him in favor of Travis Benjamin. Does that make sense?

I'm a bit weak on the WR side right now with Brandon Marshall and Jarvis Landry as my other two WR in a 12 man league. I have Victor Cruz on the bench until he's ready to come back.

I'm in a similar boat - Cooks, Landry, and Tate with Percy Harvin on the bench. Thinking of swapping Cooks and Harvin, but not sure.

Need WR advice..

Honestly, no. Manziel is riding the bench again, and that was where most (if not all) of his production came from

graffix13

So, Steelers fans...

How's that Defense of yours? I picked them up this week and they are on the road against the Rams. I know they crushed the 9ers last week but wondering if they were for real.

The only good choices I had were Pitt and Cleveland.

I have the same QBs (Brees and Bradford), and I've dropped Bradford and picked up Dalton who I am going to play this week. Brees is a long shot. Reckon once he is fully healthy and develops chemistry with his WR corps, he could back to more respectable level of performance QB1/2.

I've picked up Dion Lewis on Waivers. I also wanted Allen Robinson but someone else picked it - however, he may be open to trade.

Give: Dion Lewis (NE)
Get: Allen Robinson (JAX)

Should I pull the trigger on this one?

My RBs: Justin Forsett, Eddie Lacy, Latavius Murray, James Starks and TJ Yeldon
My WRs: Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Kendall Wright, Stevie Johnson, Terrance Williams

I will likely drop Williams and/or Starks to make some room for a D/ST.

ACE 1991

Alright guys, here is what I'm thinking/would like some input on (12 man standard scoring):

QB- Roethlisberger or Stafford? I'm leaning towards the former, but STL's defense could cause some problems.
RB1- Jamaal Charles (easy choice here, dude has been putting up solid numbers for me)
RB2- Ameer Abdullah or Latavius Murray? I'm leaning towards the latter since the Browns should allow for some big running game plays for Murray
WR1- Randall Cobb
WR2- Jordan Matthews (even though my Eagles were completely inept last week, I still got some garbage points from Matthews so he'll probably still be okay to decent this week as far as fantasy goes)
TE- Jason Witten or Tyler Eifert (Witten is questionable, but at the moment it looks like he'll play. I'll start him if he is indeed healthy)
FLEX- Charles Johnson, James Jones, Malcolm Floyd or Bishop Sankey? Leaning towards James Jones because Aaron Rodgers.

What do you all think?

Alright guys, here is what I'm thinking/would like some input on (12 man standard scoring):

QB- Roethlisberger or Stafford? I'm leaning towards the former, but STL's defense could cause some problems.
RB1- Jamaal Charles (easy choice here, dude has been putting up solid numbers for me)
RB2- Ameer Abdullah or Latavius Murray? I'm leaning towards the latter since the Browns should allow for some big running game plays for Murray
WR1- Randall Cobb
WR2- Jordan Matthews (even though my Eagles were completely inept last week, I still got some garbage points from Matthews so he'll probably still be okay to decent this week as far as fantasy goes)
TE- Jason Witten or Tyler Eifert (Witten is questionable, but at the moment it looks like he'll play. I'll start him if he is indeed healthy)
FLEX- Charles Johnson, James Jones, Malcolm Floyd or Bishop Sankey? Leaning towards James Jones because Aaron Rodgers.

What do you all think?

Everything you said I would do, especially the QB situation.

Also, Dez Bryant is a FA in my league. Worth grabbing? Too many varying estimates for how long he will be out, and I do hate giving up a bench position. My bench is:

Russell Wilson
LeGarrette Blount
Ronnie Hilman
Matt Jones
Steve Johnson

I am thinking either Blount or Hillman would be droppable.

WR1- Randall Cobb

What do you all think?

Roethlisberger, Murray, Eifert, and Jones would be my picks.

wbsmcs

I'm not sure what to do guys...

Start Matt Jones in my flex? Or wait to see if Foster is going to play this Sunday..if he doesn't I have David Johnson as my other option. Goddamn injuries to Dez and Decker are sinking my team :(

Also, Dez Bryant is a FA in my league. Worth grabbing? Too many varying estimates for how long he will be out, and I do hate giving up a bench position. My bench is:

Sure, I'd drop Hillman unless you really need him for some reason. Blount is near droppable but I'm willing to give that a few weeks. Dez won't be brilliant when he gets back due to the Romo situation but if you think he could start it's not a bad add.

I'm not sure what to do guys...

Start Matt Jones in my flex? Or wait to see if Foster is going to play this Sunday..if he doesn't I have David Johnson as my other option. Goddamn injuries to Dez and Decker are sinking my team :(

Look, I really want Foster to play, but everything I've heard says no. Start Jones.

Should I start Matt Jones as flex or mark Ingram??

I want to say start Jones but I can't trust away teams on Thursday Night to pile on the yards. He has a great matchup but I'm not turning down Ingram, myself...

RBH

Pick two:

-Justin Forsett vs. Cincinnati
-Latavius Murray @ Cleveland
-David Johnson vs. San Francisco
-Doug Martin @ Houston

1.0 PPR league

Tom Nook

Help in choosing a DEF. Currently have Rams vs PIT but needed a stronger DEF for week 3.

CIN vs Bal or CLE vs Oak.

Thanks

Help in choosing a DEF. Currently have Rams vs PIT but needed a stronger DEF for week 3.

CIN vs Bal or CLE vs Oak.

Thanks
I had that same exact issue and picked up the CLE defense. Their DEF is underrated and it doesn't help that they're going against OAK. If they put their elite CB on Cooper and just worry about the run, I'm sure everything will be fine

h3ro

RB Dilemma:

David Johnson ARI vs SF
Lamar Miller MIA vs Buf
Amir Abdullah DET vs Den
Dion Lewis NE vs Jax
Ronnie Hillman DEN vs Det

I can start two or three (if I take either T. Kelce or J. Graham out of my Flex).

Who should I go with? (ppr)

I've picked up Dion Lewis on Waivers. I also wanted Allen Robinson but someone else picked it - however, he may be open to trade.

Give: Dion Lewis (NE)
Get: Allen Robinson (JAX)

Should I pull the trigger on this one?

My RBs: Justin Forsett, Eddie Lacy, Latavius Murray, James Starks and TJ Yeldon
My WRs: Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffery, Kendall Wright, Stevie Johnson, Terrance Williams

I will likely drop Williams and/or Starks to make some room for a D/ST.

Also, meant to say this is a 0.5 PPR, 10-team league.

Line-up could look like:

RB1: Murray
RB2: Forsett
WR1: Jones
WR2: Stevie Johnson/Allen Robinson
FLEX: Dion Lewis/Stevie Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom