• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks phenomenal, but the RB situation in Arizona is so messy. Are you starting Johnson this week against the 49ers?
Thinking of rolling him in the flex. Might sit Davante Adams this week of his ankle is still sore. Arians is basically saying that as the weeks go on, David is going to get the majority of the work. I firmly believe he is taking Ellington's spot.

RB Dilemma:

David Johnson ARI vs SF
Lamar Miller MIA vs Buf
Amir Abdullah DET vs Den
Dion Lewis NE vs Jax
Ronnie Hillman DEN vs Det

I can start two or three (if I take either T. Kelce or J. Graham out of my Flex).

Who should I go with? (ppr)

Johnson or Lewis. I say Johnson.

Also, meant to say this is a 0.5 PPR, 10-team league.

Line-up could look like:

RB1: Murray
RB2: Forsett
WR1: Jones
WR2: Stevie Johnson/Allen Robinson
FLEX: Dion Lewis/Stevie Johnson

I would. I don't trust Belichik with running backs. Robinson was arguably the best receiver in the league at the end of last year.

Nafai1123

Banned
My lineup for this week.

7g9zwUZ.png

Debating whether I should start Jones or Morris. Also thinking of dropping Prater for Gould against the Seahawks. I'm going against a tough team this week so any points will help.

RB Dilemma:

David Johnson ARI vs SF
Lamar Miller MIA vs Buf
Amir Abdullah DET vs Den
Dion Lewis NE vs Jax
Ronnie Hillman DEN vs Det

I can start two or three (if I take either T. Kelce or J. Graham out of my Flex).

Who should I go with? (ppr)

lol

1. Dion Lewis (in PPR he should be a starter, easy. ride the train til it breaks)
2. Abdullah (wake me up when Arians cares about DJ)

Gotcha, thanks! Why Eifert over Witten by the way? Questionable status?

Two ankle injuries and a knee. He's super durable but is extremely questionable right now. And Eifert is just plain playing better, fantasy wise...

My lineup for this week.

Debating whether I should start Jones or Morris. Also thinking of dropping Prater for Gould against the Seahawks. I'm going against a tough team this week so any points will help.

Kicker is a wash, unless you have a top option it's too random to pick. Gould could be great! Or Clausen could stink so bad they lose 28-0. Who knows?

I would start Morris over Jones, but if you really like the Redskins matchup you could dump Ivory and play both.

Cagey

Banned
Pick two: John Brown v. Niners, Torrey Smith @ Cardinals, Kendall Wright v. Colts, Michael Crabtree @ Browns.

Leaning Brown/Wright.

Pick two: John Brown v. Niners, Torrey Smith @ Cardinals, Kendall Wright v. Colts, Michael Crabtree @ Browns.

Leaning Brown/Wright.

That's who I'd pick. Brown needs to start, he's getting a lot of action but not a lot of points and that could change any week. Smith is still hit or miss and Cards secondary has been stout. Wright is a strong start against the Colts. I need to see more from Crabtree and I think that Pettine has a decent defense in Cleveland. Crabtree, to me, is a Bye week or injury guy.

Thoughts here? I'm unsure about that second WR and Flex.

My running back situation is all kinds of weird at the moment too. Hope the Redskins make a decision soon.

krVT0Gi.jpg

Carson Palmer for Golden Tate, straight up. Fair trade? I've got Tate.

My QB is Stafford and Taylor
Receivers are ODB, Tate, and Allen Robinson.

He had previously asked for Robinson, but I declined as I like his upside.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so theres a guy in my league with:

L.Bell
Foster
J. Charles
Forsett

he's looking for a top tier wr ( pretty desperate for any receiver at all imo)

I have:

RB:
Ellington
J.Hill
Forte
Woodhead
Kniles Davis

WR:
A.Brown
J.Brown
A.Cooper
S.Johnson
B.Lafell

1 - Anyone think my team would benefit from having Foster?
2 - What would you think is a decent deal?

I'm not interested in losing antonio Brown or Cooper really... it's a keeper league so we can trade draft picks too.

Overall I'm pretty happy with how my team is doing. after two games i'm in 3rd place with 1-1 (missed the win by streaming a 0 defense) and i have the highest pts. for overall

I'm surprised people are so low on Travis Benjamin. Lack of targets seems to be the biggest argument against him, but I assume the Browns will be targeting him a lot more now.

Apath

Thoughts here? I'm unsure about that second WR and Flex.

My running back situation is all kinds of weird at the moment too. Hope the Redskins make a decision soon.

krVT0Gi.jpg
How did you manage to get Bell and Gronk?

And damn, Heck, how did you get Antonio Brown and Matt Forte? Man, I wish my league let Matt Forte fall to me in the second.

I'm surprised people are so low on Travis Benjamin. Lack of targets seems to be the biggest argument against him, but I assume the Browns will be targeting him a lot more now.

Because he can get cold and I mean ice cold. He isn't consistent and he is like Josh Cribbs in some ways except he is actually an okay wide receiver where as Cribbs was.. Josh Cribbs.

I say this is as a Browns fan.

And damn, Heck, how did you get Antonio Brown and Matt Forte? Man, I wish my league let Matt Forte fall to me in the second.

Wait, where do you see Forte and Brown? Ha.

Auction league, and up to 5 year keepers. I've kept Gronk and Bell for two years each now.

Because he can get cold and I mean ice cold. He isn't consistent and he is like Josh Cribbs in some ways except he is actually an okay wide receiver where as Cribbs was.. Josh Cribbs.

I agree and don't think he'll continue playing at this level, just surprised I was able to snag when I was 12th in line for waivers. Seems like he's more than worth rostering.

Forte fell to mid 2nd round in my 12 man draft. I just traded him for Foster though, and got a slight upgrade at WR. Nervous but I'm not big on Forte and love Foster.

Forte fell to mid 2nd round in my 12 man draft. I just traded him for Foster though, and got a slight upgrade at WR. Nervous but I'm not big on Forte and love Foster.

I don't blame you, especially with Cutler out. Still, pretty surprised Forte fell that far. Granted in my league, Foster fell to the seventh even though the news was already out there that he might miss only 2-3 weeks so yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah....

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

we can have up to 4 keepers per year, 1 for each of our round tiers (1-4, 5-9, 10-15, 16/FA)

I kept Brown for a round 3 pick and drafted Forte round 1. The drafts are nuts though because everyone is keeping 3-4 top players. so really you only can draft a stud if you have one of the first few or so picks.

Here was our first 3 rounds of the draft -if you dont see a top 40 player odds are they were kept in a later round. It made people reach for rookies in round 2!

Ag7pbOy.png

you can ignore team TrainRex...

flammie

Not sure who to go with:
Carson Palmer vs 49ers
Cam Newton vs Saints

Both home games. Standard yahoo scoring.
I would expect both to put up monster numbers.
Any recommendations?

Looks like they are going back to the McCown well in WK3 too so that doesn't fair well for shots down field to Benjamin.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Should I drop Tre Mason for Matt jones?

probably. but i'm just going off of loving matt jones and reading nothing about Mason lately. Mason hasn't really done much right? the longer you wait on jones the less of a chance he'll be around. plus he seems to be reliable and consistently putting up some fantasy points.

Dazzler

Gurley gonna be on a pitch count this weekend?

I just had DeMarco Murray go down with a hammy injury and Gurley is just begging to be inserted into my lineup

nillapuddin

Looks like they are going back to the McCown well in WK3 too so that doesn't fair well for shots down field to Benjamin.

are they dense. literally.

I know manziel didnt do good last year, but after watching him in college will his shitty way to victory time and time again, and then watch him the past 2 weeks, you gotta believe you should go for potential over any McCown.

Browns, killing QB's since ever. Fuck the Browns.

Im salty because Im a UK fan, TimCouch4Lyfe

Wonder how Martellus Bennett's production will be affected with Cutler out, not that he was doing a whole lot with Cutler in. I need some production at the TE position.

In my .5 PPR league...

Pick 3:
-Randall Cobb
-Mike Evans
-Jeremy Maclin
-Travis Benjamin

My running backs have all been really banged up as of late. I have Eddie Lacy, Andre Ellington and Tevin Coleman, and I can't start any of them. So I'll have to go with 2 of these 3:

-Chris Johnson
-Duke Johnson
-Isaiah Crowell

Also, should I sell high on Travis Benjamin to maybe get another RB+ a low tier receiver.

probably. but i'm just going off of loving matt jones and reading nothing about Mason lately. Mason hasn't really done much right? the longer you wait on jones the less of a chance he'll be around. plus he seems to be reliable and consistently putting up some fantasy points.

I would try to deal Mason first to an unsuspecting owner.

Thanks. I dropped him.. Now the question is should I put him in the lineup. I have Stewart and Yeldon in now?

UberTag

Aaron Rodgers vs Kansas City Chiefs' D

or

Tyrod Taylor vs Miami Dolphins D

Serious question. Chief's defense is for real.
Don't get cute. You're starting Rodgers. Be thankful you have Tyrod around for insurance in light of the recent wave of QB injuries (Romo, Brees, Cutler, Stafford).

If Tyrod puts up more points, so be it.

Not sure who to go with:
Carson Palmer vs 49ers
Cam Newton vs Saints

Both home games. Standard yahoo scoring.
I would expect both to put up monster numbers.
Any recommendations?

49ers got burned by Big Ben on the road, and Carson is thriving in a pass-happy offense so far. Unless Jonathan Stewart gets going early, Cam might provide all of the team's offense, and the Saints let a rookie QB beat them in his first road game. I'd say it's a coin flip with a slight edge going to Palmer.

Starting Matt Jones over Forsett, won the last two games with him basically contributing nothing to my points. I'm going to keep him on the bench until he proves me otherwise. I am playing my twin brother this week and we are both undefeated!

Potential Trade Question:

12 team, ESPN standard league

I have:
Brady, Gronk

RB:
Foster
Gore
Yeldon
Matt Jones
Crowell
Woodhead
Christine Michael

WR:
Dem. Thomas
Keenan Allan
John Brown
Dez Bryant (just traded Stevie Johnson for him)

I proposed a trade via text to a teammember on Yeldon for Hopkins (he's got Calvin,Ant Brown, Hopkins, Martavious Bryant, and Sammy Watkins). He's hesitant to get rid of his top three WR.

What do you think about a Woodhead for Sammy Watkins trade? I think it'll help out both teams, since we're both questionable to start him any given week....but they're good bye-week replacements.

Tom Nook

Drew Brees: (Shoulder) Intends To Play Sunday
Brees (shoulder) intends to suit up and play Sunday at Carolina, Larry Holder of the New Orleans Times-Picayune reports.

Analysis: Brees didn't throw in Wednesday's practice but took part in a couple drills, which is a small step in the direction of active status Sunday. However, he'll likely have to show some progress with his bruised rotator cuff, namely be able to make at least nominal throws, before the team's medical staff will clear him for action.

-Published: Wed, Sep 23 at 12:39pm by Rotowire.com

If Brees does play, start him or stay with Dalton?

VoxPop

Help in choosing a DEF. Currently have Rams vs PIT but needed a stronger DEF for week 3.

CIN vs Bal or CLE vs Oak.

Thanks

Both great plays. Definitely dont play St. Louis vs. Pitt.

CIN def is looking great this year and Balt offense is terrible.

They will most likely have Joe Haden covering a rookie in Cooper all day leaving only the scrub of all scrubs Crabtree as their top WR.

It's up to you but I'd probably lean towards CLE.

Pretty simple question.

Andrew Luck or Cam Newton?

Tired of Luck giving me dog shit points every week but I know he has a chance of turning it around.

Luck is facing Tennessee and Cam Newton is facing New Orleans.

If Brees does play, start him or stay with Dalton?

I'd be nervous starting Brees with that injury.

A couple of different people have brought up the extreme disparity in Dalton's games when he plays opponents who've played him recently (e.g. Baltimore), so there might be some concern there as well.

Still, I'd go with Dalton.

For Maston, you drafted Luck for a reason. This is his best matchup thus far.

Matt "First round they didn't want me; now I'm hot, hoes all on me" Jones is making fantasy waves. Love it and hope he continues producing. He was somewhat underutilized at UF and I wasn't sure he was ever going to see any meaningful touches in the pros.

Both great plays. Definitely dont play St. Louis vs. Pitt.

CIN def is looking great this year and Balt offense is terrible.

They will most likely have Joe Haden covering a rookie in Cooper all day leaving only the scrub of all scrubs Crabtree as their top WR.

It's up to you but I'd probably lean towards CLE.

Not sure if you're serious because Crabtree had a day this week..

Aaron Rodgers vs Kansas City Chiefs' D

or

Tyrod Taylor vs Miami Dolphins D

Serious question. Chief's defense is for real.

You're overthinking it. I wouldn't sit Aaron Rodgers with a broken leg.

The Chiefs secondary got hit hard in the final minutes v.s. Denver at home.
Please don't sit Aaron, lol.

182Ways

I want to improve my RB stock. Standard league. Currently I have:

Eddie Lacy
Frank Gore
Giovani Bernard
Darren Sproles

Dion Lewis and David Johnson are available FA in my league right now. Does anyone think either of them are worth replacing Sproles, even with the recent news of Murray's injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom