• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd drop Sproles for Dion in a second

Also, I think this is the week Gore turns it around. Gio looked great last week and will probably get his fair share of touches from Hill. Your situation isn't bad

Apath

In a little of a tough spot right now with Tevin Coleman injured. Currently have at the RB:
- Lamar Miller
- Alfred Morris
- Matt Jones

Currently I have Lamar Miller benched, as he has been awful the last couple weeks, is up against the Bills this week, and has a tweeked ankle. But is it a mistake to go Alfred Morris and Matt Jones as my two RBs for the week?

In a little of a tough spot right now with Tevin Coleman injured. Currently have at the RB:
- Lamar Miller
- Alfred Morris
- Matt Jones

Currently I have Lamar Miller benched, as he has been awful the last couple weeks, is up against the Bills this week, and has a tweeked ankle. But is it a mistake to go Alfred Morris and Matt Jones as my two RBs for the week?

I had to do it last year when I started Gio and Hill. It can go both ways. You need a great running day for Washington or you risk a great score and a non-existent one. I think sometimes it works, to start your handcuff, but I don't know. I'd monitor the status of Miller and if it doesn't look good, roll with the duo. It's only Week 3 so a loss right now won't matter a great deal.

D23

I've decided to bench C.J Anderson, and start Devonta Freeman (RB1), Mark Ingram(RB2) and Matt Jones as my Flex RB.

Is that a good move?

Until the Broncos can figure out their Oline, i wont start CJ.. just cant

mackaveli

Who should I start at tight end.

Kelce or Reed?

I'm sure Kelce right play but graham did shit against Green Bay which has me worried.

Reed plays tomorrow and Thursday games are bad but isn't Giants def weak?

I was thinking of starting both reed and Kelceas my flex?

I have Davonte Adams as my flex right now and James Jones worries me but kc gives a lot of points to wr. Hopkins there sanders. Not sure what to do.

I want to improve my RB stock. Standard league. Currently I have:

Eddie Lacy
Frank Gore
Giovani Bernard
Darren Sproles

Dion Lewis and David Johnson are available FA in my league right now. Does anyone think either of them are worth replacing Sproles, even with the recent news of Murray's injury?

Let's see you have a top 6 RB for the first two weeks in what might be the most high powered offense in the league, who's somehow fumbled twice on Belichick but they keep going back to him because he's that much more talented than any other option they have on the roster.

Or

You have a pass catching back, who totaled -4 yds last week because is used like as receiver not a RB, in a sputtering offense and still has Ryan Mathews in front of him even if Murray were to miss time.

I've decided to bench C.J Anderson, and start Devonta Freeman (RB1), Mark Ingram(RB2) and Matt Jones as my Flex RB.

Is that a good move?

Until the Broncos can figure out their Oline, i wont start CJ.. just cant

Anderson has looked bad but DET has looked worse. He was on a short week and toughed it out. Now has 10 days off. I'd rather have him struggle in my starting lineup and regret the 10 pts I could have had with Freeman than start Freeman and still lose the match because Anderson is on my Bench with 25 pts.

- Lamar Miller
- Alfred Morris
- Matt Jones

Miller is tough to feel confident in this week. Maybe a divisional game turns this team around but I'm not sure why a hobbled RB who did nothing against WAS and JAX is somehow going to have a great day against BUF. It could be worse, you have WAS will try run the ball 40+ if they can and should. But who knows on Thursday's game Playoff Eli might show up take the lead and WAS is force to throw and play catch up.

EDIT:

Who should I start at tight end.

Kelce or Reed?

I'm sure Kelce right play but graham did shit against Green Bay which has me worried.

Reed plays tomorrow and Thursday games are bad but isn't Giants def weak?

I was thinking of starting both reed and Kelceas my flex?

I have Davonte Adams as my flex right now and James Jones worries me but kc gives a lot of points to wr. Hopkins there sanders. Not sure what to do.
Yeah that is tough because you know which ever GB WR you start the other will blow up on the bench.

I would have a tough time benching Kelce even as enticing as the NYG matchup is for Reed. Bennet did fine against GB in WK 1 that's more on SEA not using Graham properly.If you need the home run go Reed but Kelce is the safer play.

Can you start both Adams and Jones? if not probably Jones because of him being a big Red Zone target and see if Lacy is missing because it probably just increases his role in the Red Zone.

pharmx

Well, if you really want Hopkins...

Hopkins out due to concussion

Speaking of concussions, Ladarius Green is also out with one. Second this season, third in less than a year.

Bah, I have Hopkins...gonna keep my fingers crossed for now since he's on my bench. Decker I wasn't as hopeful with, and dropped him to pickup Martavis Bryant whose suspension should be over soon, and will be well worth it further down the season, yes? I'm also dropping Charles Sims and Alfred Blue to pick up Todd Gurley(!! really surprised he was dropped to waivers...am i missing something?) and Karlos Williams. I'm second to last on the waiver order, so not sure if I will succeed in nabbing those two.

Anderson has looked bad but DET has looked worse. He was on a short week and toughed it out. Now has 10 days off. I'd rather have him struggle in my starting lineup and regret the 10 pts I could have had with Freeman than start Freeman and still lose the match because Anderson is on my Bench with 25 pts.

I have started Anderson every week so far....hoping it will pay off someday, since it clearly hasn't yet.

Crabtree a solid pickup? I need to dump James White and figure a decent WR/TE will do.

Who else is in free agency? He seems like a solid pick since he has been seeing a lot of targets.

For some reason someone dropped Sammy Watkins in my league, so being the nice guy that I am (mostly because I am last on the waiver wire) I told my sister to grab him. It's her first year at fantasy and is 0-2, so she's first on the waiver wire.

NateDrake

Who else is in free agency? He seems like a solid pick since he has been seeing a lot of targets.

For some reason someone dropped Sammy Watkins in my league, so being the nice guy that I am (mostly because I am last on the waiver wire) I told my sister to grab him. It's her first year at fantasy and is 0-2, so she's first on the waiver wire.

Not much is available in my league. Crabtree is the most viable option right now. 12 team leagues make for slim pickings.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Not much is available in my league. Crabtree is the most viable option right now. 12 team leagues make for slim pickings.

i'd say crabtree is a preh good pick up off a FA 12-team league. he was drafted in mine.

Question time!

NYJ vs. PHI?
CIN vs. BAL?

Once I decide which D i'm streaming.... I can try to waiver Eric Decker or pick up Tyrod Taylor off FA....( currently have bradford and dalton.... taking a third qb makes me feel like one of them has to shine over the course of the season...right?!

thoughts?

mr2xxx

Banned
i'd say crabtree is a preh good pick up off a FA 12-team league. he was drafted in mine.

Question time!

NYJ vs. PHI?
CIN vs. BAL?

Once I decide which D i'm streaming.... I can try to waiver Eric Decker or pick up Tyrod Taylor off FA....( currently have bradford and dalton.... taking a third qb makes me feel like one of them has to shine over the course of the season...right?!

thoughts?

Jets D, division games always seem more unpredictable.

With Hopkins out, I'm down to either Royal, Lockett, or someone else on waivers to replace him. I'm really tempted to go with Lockett. I think Seattle (slight bias) could put up 40 against the Bears this week and they gave up a return TD last week. Doug Baldwin is on waivers but I think Lockett has more upside.

UberTag

With Hopkins out, I'm down to either Royal, Lockett, or someone else on waivers to replace him. I'm really tempted to go with Lockett. I think Seattle (slight bias) could put up 40 against the Bears this week and they gave up a return TD last week. Doug Baldwin is on waivers but I think Lockett has more upside.
I like Baldwin in PPR. Lockett in standard/return yardage formats.

Pretty simple question.

Andrew Luck or Cam Newton?

Tired of Luck giving me dog shit points every week but I know he has a chance of turning it around.

Luck is facing Tennessee and Cam Newton is facing New Orleans.

You always go Luck until he really prooves otherwise. He's had 1 bad game and 1 mediocre game for him. Newton has had entire stretches of his career doing nothing. Even last week, newton had lousy passing numbers but bolstered it with that miraculous scramble front flip touchdown which could have easily been a fumble or injury.

UberTag

You always go Luck until he really prooves otherwise. He's had 1 bad game and 1 mediocre game for him. Newton has had entire stretches of his career doing nothing. Even last week, newton had lousy passing numbers but bolstered it with that miraculous scramble front flip touchdown which could have easily been a fumble or injury.
Pretty much this. Luck has always played terrible against legit Ds and owned just about everyone else. The Bills and Jets are both Top 5 defenses this season. The Titans? I think not.

you know what you have to do
i

What would I have to pay to get Charles.. Just for my own amusement?

VoxPop

Not sure if you're serious because Crabtree had a day this week..

Lol he has his good games once every 16 games. He was a joke in SF with a slightly better QB in Kaep. I literally only have him on my team as trade bait. I would never start that guy.

182Ways said:
I want to improve my RB stock. Standard league. Currently I have:

Eddie Lacy
Frank Gore
Giovani Bernard
Darren Sproles

Dion Lewis and David Johnson are available FA in my league right now. Does anyone think either of them are worth replacing Sproles, even with the recent news of Murray's injury?

Dion Lewis over Sproles without hesitation. I'd even take Johnson over Sproles. The Eagles would most likely go with Ryan Mathews as their primary back and use Sproles occasionally.

Jamaal Charles?
Charles Sims?
Charles Johnson?
Charles Clay?

Jamaal

I've thought about trying to trade Charles for Julio to go with Ryan but I'd want a RB as well.

Pep has him.. I don't think you are gonna get Julio from him as his WR aren't too impressive outside of Sammy and Jones (I mean he has Perrimam. But Smith is the better WR at least to me and perriman is out for a little while longer) His best running backs are Melvin and Arian who I think isn't playing this week?

SleazyC

Gotta love stat corrections.

Lost 100.20 to 100.32 in one of my leagues but my defense (Denver) was awarded a sack after stat corrections and now I am 2-0 and have Le'Veon Bell coming back this week :)

So had Dion Lewis sitting on my bench last week and he put up 17 pts (non-PPR). Getting ready to put him in as the flex this week against Jax.

What's the word on him around here? I feel pretty uneasy dealing with the fantasy roulette that is the Patriots running game situation. Lewis could just as easily be benched most of game in favor of Blount as he could getting the lion share of touches.

Someone in my league tried to offer Starks for Melvin Gordon, lol.

Came at me with a text and I quickly declined.

If you're going to initiate a trade, a 1 for 1 trade at the same position, I am always going to decline (well, for the most part). It tells me you don't value the player you're offering, so why should I? Frankly, it's an insult to my intelligence.

Eric Ebron (DET) and Crockett Gillmore (BAL) are both available as FAs in my 0.5 PPR league.

I currently have Witten and Heath Miller and would like to drop Miller (likely) as he's bound to take a hit from Bell and Bryant's returns.

Who should I pick (ROS)? Gillmore probably has the best matchup but Ebron should sit higher on the depth chart...

gutshot

Been doing a poor job of starting the correct RBs each week. Maybe GAF can do better. Which 2 should I start this week?

Forsett vs. Cin
Hyde vs Ari
Ivory vs Phi
Johnson vs SF

So had Dion Lewis sitting on my bench last week and he put up 17 pts (non-PPR). Getting ready to put him in as the flex this week against Jax.

What's the word on him around here? I feel pretty uneasy dealing with the fantasy roulette that is the Patriots running game situation. Lewis could just as easily be benched most of game in favor of Blount as he could getting the lion share of touches.

Agree. He looks great so far, but he already has two fumbles and I have to believe the Pats will involve Blount more going forward. The game plan for Buffalo last week was clearly a ton of passing. I wouldn't be surprised if his production dips a bit. He's definitely still worth playing, depending on what your other options are though.

I'm trying to decide whether to start him or Isaiah Crowell this week.

Koko

Banned
My current lineup:

QB: M. Ryan @ DAL
RB: E. Lacy VS KC
RB: C. Anderson @ DET
WR: E. Sanders @DET
WR: J. Jones @ DAL
TE: M. Bennett @ SEA
W/R: D. Moncrief @ TEN
K: B. McManus @ DET
DEF: Rams VS PIT

Bench: D. Freeman @ DAL , D. Johnson VS SF, Matt Jones @NYG, L. Miller VS BUF, T. Yeldon @NE, James Jones vs KC.

I'm deciding between Matt Jones and D. Johnson to replace Lacy. I think I'll stick with Anderson for another week.

I'm trying to get M. Evans and J. Randle in waivers but I'm number 8.

Who do guys recognize that I should start?

Miracle

I have a few options at RB this week.

Joseph Randle
Geovani Bernard
Chris Ivory

Which one? Randle did crap for me last week. Almost cost me my last game. :(

I think I'm looking good this week:

I've got Delanie Walker on my bench, but I don't know how I feel about playing him coming off an injury. Reed seems like a safer choice. Giovani Bernard is also tempting to put in, but I'm definitely sticking with Yeldon.

The Texans are optimistic about DeAndre Hopkins' (concussion) Week 3 status.

"He's going through the concussion protocol, but from what I'm told, he's looking pretty good," were the words of coach Bill O'Brien. Hopkins never checked out of last week's loss, but reported to the team facility with concussion symptoms on Monday. Hopkins will be a WR1 if he can suit up against the Bucs.
Nuk may suit up. Friday is the big day.

Been doing a poor job of starting the correct RBs each week. Maybe GAF can do better. Which 2 should I start this week?

Forsett vs. Cin
Hyde vs Ari
Ivory vs Phi
Johnson vs SF
Forsett and Ivory, though I'd watch Ivory's availability.
My current lineup:

QB: M. Ryan @ DAL
RB: E. Lacy VS KC
RB: C. Anderson @ DET
WR: E. Sanders @DET
WR: J. Jones @ DAL
TE: M. Bennett @ SEA
W/R: D. Moncrief @ TEN
K: B. McManus @ DET
DEF: Rams VS PIT

Bench: D. Freeman @ DAL , D. Johnson VS SF, Matt Jones @NYG, L. Miller VS BUF, T. Yeldon @NE, James Jones vs KC.

I'm deciding between Matt Jones and D. Johnson to replace Lacy. I think I'll stick with Anderson for another week.

I'm trying to get M. Evans and J. Randle in waivers but I'm number 8.

Who do guys recognize that I should start?
That seems ok assuming everyone is healthy and plays.

Should I roll with both Hill & Bernard this week?

My only other options at RB are Yeldon and Doug Martin.

I like Yeldon. He got 25 carries in the last game and despite only turning that into 10 - 15 points in Fantasy, I think he's a carry monster and a clear #1. Personally I'd go Hill & Yeldon, because I think Hill is still #1 in Cincinatti despite his two fumbles, and Yeldon is really getting the rock a lot. Bernard needs to prove it to me another week before I'd reliably start him. Personally, I think Bernard is great trade bait this week while his value is high and people are low on Hill.

I like Yeldon. He got 25 carries in the last game and despite only turning that into 10 - 15 points in Fantasy, I think he's a carry monster and a clear #1. Personally I'd go Hill & Yeldon, because I think Hill is still #1 in Cincinatti despite his two fumbles, and Yeldon is really getting the rock a lot. Bernard needs to prove it to me another week before I'd reliably start him. Personally, I think Bernard is great trade bait this week while his value is high and people are low on Hill.

I currently have:
RB1: L. Murray (OAK)
RB2: J. Forsett (BAL)
Flex: D. Lewis (NE)

BE: TJ Yeldon (JAX)

Tempted to sub Yeldon in given he's got RB1 status in JAX, but I'm afraid to sub out Forsett given he could blow up at any time and Latavius Murray has a good matchup I think at CLE, and will rive the Dion Lewis gravy train... what do you reckon I should do?

What are people's thoughts on Duke Johnson? I currently have Sproles and Spiller on my bench, but Johnson just came up on waivers and I was thinking of snatching him up as insurance. I'm currently 4 on the wire though and I don't want to lose my spot for someone who only might be worth it, especially when I'll need to pick a TE for a bye in a couple of weeks. Thoughts?

I currently have:
RB1: L. Murray (OAK)
RB2: J. Forsett (BAL)
Flex: D. Lewis (NE)

BE: TJ Yeldon (JAX)

Tempted to sub Yeldon in given he's got RB1 status in JAX, but I'm afraid to sub out Forsett given he could blow up at any time and Latavius Murray has a good matchup I think at CLE, and will rive the Dion Lewis gravy train... what do you reckon I should do?

I agree with this lineup. Yeldon and Lewis could be swappedbut I like it the way you have it. Latavius Murray is your sure-fire carry back and should get guaranteed points (I think he's gotten 15-18 points two weeks in a row with similar stat lines). Justin Forsett had two slow weeks but I think you've gotta start him until he proves you otherwise. And I like Dion Lewis for upside.

With Dion Lewis, if you have him, I say go with him. A lot of people are posing crazy trades for Lewis or thinking of dropping known producers for Lewis, but as a Patriots fan, I am too well aware of how Belichick abandons running backs based on things that nobody sees on the football field. One week, Lewis is the guy catching those 30 yard bombs (which he caught better than Vereen in the last game against Buffalo), and then the next, James White is resurrected and Lewis is never heard of again. So I think go with Lewis until Belichick trolls the NFL, and then try to trade him to one of those over-eager players.

What are people's thoughts on Duke Johnson? I currently have Sproles and Spiller on my bench, but Johnson just came up on waivers and I was thinking of snatching him up as insurance. I'm currently 4 on the wire though and I don't want to lose my spot for someone who only might be worth it, especially when I'll need to pick a TE for a bye in a couple of weeks. Thoughts?

Duke is an exciting young prospect, but not worth it to lose your waiver spot, IMO. Assuming you're in a 12-team league, a #4 waiver has a lot of value because you're very close to having the entire league as your bench (I always think of the #1 or #2 waiver spot as having an unlimited bench). I wouldn't drop the waiver for Duke Johnson, and assuming his waiver ends on Saturday or SUnday morning, you could probably pick him up then.

Save your waivers for a guy Monday/Tuesday morning post-injury pick, and then roll the dice on guys who are dropped mid-week hoping you an get them once they come off waivers (assuming your waiver period is 24 - 48 hours).

If he gets snatched up in this time, let someone else experiment with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom