• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duke is an exciting young prospect, but not worth it to lose your waiver spot, IMO. Assuming you're in a 12-team league, a #4 waiver has a lot of value because you're very close to having the entire league as your bench (I always think of the #1 or #2 waiver spot as having an unlimited bench). I wouldn't drop the waiver for Duke Johnson, and assuming his waiver ends on Saturday or SUnday morning, you could probably pick him up then.

Save your waivers for a guy Monday/Tuesday morning post-injury pick, and then roll the dice on guys who are dropped mid-week hoping you an get them once they come off waivers (assuming your waiver period is 24 - 48 hours).

If he gets snatched up in this time, let someone else experiment with him.

Good points, thanks. I'll see if he clears waivers on Saturday and pick him up if he does. I know I'm going to need to grab a TE in a couple of weeks to cover a bye, so it might be more valuable then.

I can start two running backs

1) T.J Yeldon
2) Jonathan Stewart

Bench
Chris Johnson
Matt Jones

Should I stick with this lineup?

....I would personally go Yeldon and Jones. Hard to turn down Jones hot streak lately and the Panthers are a wreck. But it's not a clear decision; I see an obvious split on rankers between Stewart's safety and Jones upside.

As for Yeldon, well, he was this close to having a much bigger day last week. Damn TD early took a video review to pull back (and several players later, Allen Robinson got the pass TD instead)

Have a hard time deciding whether to start Matt Jones tonight or go with Ameer Abdullah on Sunday. Both backs had one great game so far, but the egg Abdullah laid is fresh.

I agree with this lineup. Yeldon and Lewis could be swappedbut I like it the way you have it. Latavius Murray is your sure-fire carry back and should get guaranteed points (I think he's gotten 15-18 points two weeks in a row with similar stat lines). Justin Forsett had two slow weeks but I think you've gotta start him until he proves you otherwise. And I like Dion Lewis for upside.

With Dion Lewis, if you have him, I say go with him. A lot of people are posing crazy trades for Lewis or thinking of dropping known producers for Lewis, but as a Patriots fan, I am too well aware of how Belichick abandons running backs based on things that nobody sees on the football field. One week, Lewis is the guy catching those 30 yard bombs (which he caught better than Vereen in the last game against Buffalo), and then the next, James White is resurrected and Lewis is never heard of again. So I think go with Lewis until Belichick trolls the NFL, and then try to trade him to one of those over-eager players.

Thank you - that's what I thought, too.

I have Ebron and Gillmore available as FAs. I currently have Witten and Miller as my TEs; tempted to pick up Ebron considering Denver got torched last week by KC's tight ends and also because I am worried about Witten's knees and his rapport with Weeden.

D/ST-wise, got burned by Miami last week (negative points on ESPN). I dropped them but there's nothing attractive in FA. Tempted to pick them again.... should I? I feel like they are due for a turnover-heavy game against Tyrod Taylor (porous O-Line and he threw what four or five picks in two games?)

Nafai1123

Banned
Damn, Ivory being questionable for Sunday means I have to make a decision whether or not to play Matt Jones AND Alfred Morris tonight. On one hand it seems like a favorable matchup against the Giants, but I'm worried sharing touches is going to hurt their output. I guess I could play Bernard Sunday if Ivory is out of the question. Hmmm....

....I would personally go Yeldon and Jones. Hard to turn down Jones hot streak lately and the Panthers are a wreck. But it's not a clear decision; I see an obvious split on rankers between Stewart's safety and Jones upside.

As for Yeldon, well, he was this close to having a much bigger day last week. Damn TD early took a video review to pull back (and several players later, Allen Robinson got the pass TD instead)

Yeah it's tough for me. I figure I might go jones. Thanks.

Topper

Andy Dalton or Matt Ryan? I've been using Ryan so far but dalton has out scored both weeks so far so I may go with him.

PPR League, starting Shane Vereen over Ameer Abdullah. Abdullah's got the upside, but I can't say I like the matchup this weekend and last week's stinker didn't help matters.

Badosh

PPR League, starting Shane Vereen over Ameer Abdullah. Abdullah's got the upside, but I can't say I like the matchup this weekend and last week's stinker didn't help matters.

I'd probably go Vereen. Though, it's a toss up.

I'm personally benching Abdullah this week, mostly because of the match up.

I'll stick with Morris tonight and keep jones on the bench. 1 amazing game isn't enough to have him start this week. I wanna see how much Washington runs him tonight before I jump on the Matt jones express.

praying to every god in existence that eddie lacy will miss some time cause my non james starks rb rotation is cj anderson, al morris and bishop stankey

fuck fantasy

That garage time TD should have been called back to the 1 giving Morris or Jones another chance at a TD. Soon as the game started with a Giants starting RB blocking a punt I new it was going to be a long night for WAS.

UberTag

That garage time TD should have been called back to the 1 giving Morris or Jones another chance at a TD. Soon as the game started with a Giants starting RB blocking a punt I new it was going to be a long night for WAS.
Washington Redskins running back with the most fantasy value tonight... Chris Thompson with 86 combined yards, 8 receptions (on 11 targets) and a score.
That was the RB you should have started.

Incidentally, I'm thrilled I gave Randle one more week to break out and resisted the urge to drop him in the leagues I owned him in. Granted, I didn't start him tonight (how could I have) but at least he'll be usable in subsequent weeks.

Glad I didn't start Jones. I started feeling some regret when he had 7 carries for 35 yards in the 1st quarter. But he basically hit a wall after that. I did start Jordan Reed though who has been my starting TE since the beginning of the season. He's so reliable right now, another solid outing with 9.6 points. He's actually 2nd on my team in scoring right now among all my positions(yes I'm off to a very bad start).

UberTag

RB dilemma: J. Stewart (vs Saints) or D. Johnson (vs. 49ers)?

I feel like they're both a dart throw, but Johnson has more upside.
I think I would still roll out JStew. Especially if Brees sits. But, even if he doesn't, I think he's the stronger play of the two.

Is Rueben Randle good now? I had him on my bench tonight since he hasn't done much up till now.
I think he'll be fine. Cruz returning to any semblance of long-term health seems like a pipe dream to me.
He'll be inconsistent, though. But no more or less than most other 2nd receivers.

Glad I didn't start Jones. I started feeling some regret when he had 7 carries for 35 yards in the 1st quarter. But he basically hit a wall after that. I did start Jordan Reed though who has been my starting TE since the beginning of the season. He's so reliable right now, another solid outing with 9.6 points. He's actually 2nd on my team in scoring right now among all my positions(yes I'm off to a very bad start).

That wall coincidentally appeared right after Lauvao went down in the 1st quarter.

goober

Looks like Matt Jones owns the majority of the backfield in Washington now. We didn't see AlfMo until their second drive?

Wow, I was WAY too lenient. I was including for a contingency touchdown just to fuck with me, but M. Jones was just as bad as I knew he was going to be.

It's almost like starting an unproven running back in a RBBC playing for a team projected to lose on a Thursday night game is a bad idea.

Yeah, but the opportunity was there. That fumble was an 8 point swing, changing the narrative from "sole bright spot in backfield" to what you said above, but you have to remember Jones was in the position to at least try. I'm far more worried about Alfred Morris not having that same opportunity.

Well, above that I'm actually way more concerned about Washington trusting Kirk Cousins after a terrible game padded in junk time, but you know what I mean. I would trade for Jones if I could, because clearly he is going to have a lot of value the rest of the way.

UberTag

Well, above that I'm actually way more concerned about Washington trusting Kirk Cousins after a terrible game padded in junk time, but you know what I mean. I would trade for Jones if I could, because clearly he is going to have a lot of value the rest of the way.
He's definitely worth trading for.
That said, I parted ways with him in one of my leagues for Doug Martin before the game tonight and don't feel bad about it.
I doubt I get an offer quite so enticing from my cohorts in the No Quitters league but I am open to moving from him for the right price.

Randle is ass, even Giants fans will tell you that. Tons of talent that doesn't translate to the field. Only reason he looked good is Giants played very conservative on a short week and made a concerted attempt to get him the ball. Cruz coming back will hurt Randle bigtime, although there is the alternate theory that OBJ/Cruz drawing attention will free up Randle. Maybe he can catch more of those passes that bounce off a defender for touchdowns like he had tonight.

h3ro

Just got offered Deandre Hopkins for Ameer Abdullah. What do you guys say?

My current WRs:
Antonio Brown
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Victor Cruz
Rishard Matthews

RBs:
Dion Lewis
Ameer Abdullah
Lamar Miller
Ronnie Hillman
David Johnson

So I guess the overwhelming opinion is to drop Alfred Morris and pick up Matt Jones at this point? I benched Morris this week, which appears to have been a super good call.

i know washington is a trash organization but the benching of alfred morris is inexplicable. he rushed for 180 yards the first two games and then loses his job to an unproven rookie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom