• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

I'm in kind of a crappy situation for a tight end this week in my 14 team league. I have Ladarius Green, but he just got another concussion. He practiced yesterday, but this is his second concussion in 11 days and his third in a year. I feel like they aren't going to have him play. I have Julius Thomas on the bench for when he comes back, but for now there really isn't much out there.

I'm thinking I could pick up Coby Fleener vs Tennessee. Allen might not play Sunday and I guess they were talking about using their tight ends more.

Another option would be Jacob Tamme vs Dallas. I was consider Escober too. I feel like he could be sneaky a snag a TD.

Just got offered Deandre Hopkins for Ameer Abdullah. What do you guys say?

My current WRs:
Antonio Brown
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Victor Cruz
Rishard Matthews

RBs:
Dion Lewis
Ameer Abdullah
Lamar Miller
Ronnie Hillman
David Johnson

Assuming this is a 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/TE/RB flex.

Hmmm, Hopkins is definitely more valuable than Abdullah even with Hopkins recent concussion issue, but you have a much more glaring need at Running back than you do at WR. Maybe see if you can package up another WR and try to get one of his running backs back.

Dion Lewis is 1 game away from never playing again in New England. I know that his fantasy value is high right now, but we've seen what Belichick does to running backs who show promise and fumble, and with Blount coming back it could all change mid-season for Lewis. But, then again, maybe not.. and maybe Lewis continues to do what he's been doing.

Hillman is a #2, David Johnson is an exciting #2 once Ellington is back. Abdullah is arguably a 1A in Detroit (but does anybody really believe in Joique Bell?), and I think Lamar Miller is still a fantasy hit that has to get it going this season.

I feel like you should make the trade because you're getting the best producer as part of it, and if Hopkins goes wild like he's expected to this season, you could try to trade him again for reliable value like a Chris Ivory or Latavius Murray. But, your roster situation with running backs is worrisome and so losing a potential weapon at RB when you have 3 solid WRs right now and then the best WR in the NFL is risky. I say, though, do it and then you should have the best WR 1 - 2 combo in your fantasy league with Brown & Hopkins, and you can flex in Wallace & Matthews (assuming this is PPR).

Tom Nook

I dumped Blount for him because I decided I couldn't trust a Belichick RB.

I should have known I couldn't trust the Redskins, either. That fumble at the goal line.

That might kill me over the weekend. :(

Currently starting K. Williams....should I switch to someone else? My RBs situation is a mess.

RBs.
Jones only scored 1.8 pts
C. Ivory may or may not play
K. Williams @ Mia

Suggestions on who to pick up?
Doug Martin
Chris Johnson
Ronnie Hillman
Tre Mason

Thanks

Just got offered Deandre Hopkins for Ameer Abdullah. What do you guys say?

My current WRs:
Antonio Brown
Mike Wallace
Percy Harvin
Victor Cruz
Rishard Matthews

RBs:
Dion Lewis
Ameer Abdullah
Lamar Miller
Ronnie Hillman
David Johnson
I'd sprain my wrist reaching for the Accept Trade button. You'd have a Brown-Hopkins-Cruz (comes back next week) combo to die for. Assuming this is a 14 man league I'd package a few of your beta WRs/RBs for a low level starting RB (say an Isaiah Crowell or Giovani Bernard) when you have a killer WR combo you try to combo them with RBs who are locked into roles with upside. Heck, I'd try to trade Lamar Miller for Frank Gore also.
Jay Gruden is an idiot.
900x900px-LL-ba56b570_Washington-Redskins-Mike-Shanahan-Robert-Griffin-III-Laughing.png

My opponent had to start Cousins last night because he's got Romo. I don't think he picked Cousins in the draft that must have been a later move. Anyway, I'm a Redskins fan, so those INTs were both negative and positive for me. He ended up getting like 14 points.

Pretty confident this weekend. I picked up Giants kicker Josh Brown yesterday afternoon (dropped Cody Parkey's disappointing ass) and he got me 13 points! Good start.

Anyone have Larry Fitz? You probably know he went absolutely mental last weekend with 3 TDs (37 points total). Not expecting that again, obviously, but wonder if he's going to see more targets because of that performance. Any Cardinals fans to weigh in?

VoxPop

That might kill me over the weekend. :(

Currently starting K. Williams....should I switch to someone else? My RBs situation is a mess.

RBs.
Jones only scored 1.8 pts
C. Ivory may or may not play
K. Williams @ Mia

Suggestions on who to pick up?
Doug Martin
Chris Johnson
Ronnie Hillman
Tre Mason

Thanks

wtf. those guys are free agents? what kinda league is this?

Ya know, on week 1 I really thought I had an amazing RB situation...
Lacy
Hill
Miller
Abdullah
Yeldon

Now the only sure thing is this bunch is Yeldon. lol!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Chris Ivory likely out, who should I roster as a spot start? My rbs are a disaster this week so I'll take basically anything in a 12 team league. Was leaning towards mcluster or dunbar.

Ptaaty

Need to play 2 of these, help me pick (two flex spots):
A. Robinson, Yeldon, Crowell, D Freeman, L Miller, J Stewart, K Wright, Duke J.

I am almost at 100% playing Stewart, then mostly split between Yeldon/Robinson. Both are clear #1 on the team...playing catch up I think Robinson...but they could use Yeldon to control clock (plus better TD chance).

Ptaaty

Chris Ivory likely out, who should I roster as a spot start? My rbs are a disaster this week so I'll take basically anything in a 12 team league. Was leaning towards mcluster or dunbar.

Can't see who else is available, but I would go McCluster. Probably pretty high scoring game. Dunbar is more like a WR3 playing with Weedon in a lower score (I would guess) game. Both are pretty crappy TBH.

Can you get someone like a Duke Johnson, B Powell (Ivory backup/handcuff)? Both I would assume have much better chance this week.

UberTag

I'd sprain my wrist reaching for the Accept Trade button. You'd have a Brown-Hopkins-Cruz (comes back next week) combo to die for.
Somebody's drinking that Victor Cruz homer Kool-Aid. Almost makes me wish I'd made the mistake of drafting him in your league just to fleece you in a trade.

I'm in kind of a crappy situation for a tight end this week in my 14 team league. I have Ladarius Green, but he just got another concussion. He practiced yesterday, but this is his second concussion in 11 days and his third in a year. I feel like they aren't going to have him play. I have Julius Thomas on the bench for when he comes back, but for now there really isn't much out there.

I'm thinking I could pick up Coby Fleener vs Tennessee. Allen might not play Sunday and I guess they were talking about using their tight ends more.

Another option would be Jacob Tamme vs Dallas. I was consider Escober too. I feel like he could be sneaky a snag a TD.
I'm in a similar situation in my 16-team league. Got saddled with Dwayne Allen thanks to a draft software timeout glitch on NFL.com (everyone in the league timed out at some point - what a trash site). Now he's gone from useless to hurt. Meanwhile other owners decided to horde up to 4 tight ends as if they're candy (despite the fact that you can only start 2 and given the scoring format you'd only ever want to start 1). Not a trade happy lot in this bunch, either... we've got owners keeping Reggie Wayne on their bench for a rainy day.

So I decided to roll the dice on Tamme. Don't feel great about it but given the other options out there (Gary Barnidge, Gavin Escobar, Brandon Myers, Mychal Rivera, Lance Kendricks) he was the best of a bad lot. You know it's bad when I would actually be happy to have Julius Thomas recuperating on my bench at this point.

Need to play 2 of these, help me pick (two flex spots):
A. Robinson, Yeldon, Crowell, D Freeman, L Miller, J Stewart, K Wright, Duke J.

I am almost at 100% playing Stewart, then mostly split between Yeldon/Robinson. Both are clear #1 on the team...playing catch up I think Robinson...but they could use Yeldon to control clock (plus better TD chance).

Robinson is a must start, I'd even consider him a WR2.

Ptaaty

Robinson is a must start, I'd even consider him a WR2.

thanks. My WR are B Marshall and Calvin Johnson. I was half temped to sub in Robinson for Johnson and then play two RB in the flex, johnson on the bench.

I like Calvin fine, but Stafford is playing hurt Broncos will get to him and Broncos CBs are really tough. Goes against start your studs...

Ptaaty

Ingram or Bernard?

I was thinking about sticking with Ingram after hearing about Brees, but I'd like to hear what other people think.

Ingram for sure. Hill will get at least 50% of the work (and greater short yard/GL to boot), while Ingram gets more work with Brees out (and spiller still out...and Cooks looking iffy)

I'd go with Ingram. Jeremy Hill is expected to be out of the doghouse after being benched last week and that takes away from Bernard.

Ingram for sure. Hill will get at least 50% of the work (and greater short yard/GL to boot), while Ingram gets more work with Brees out (and spiller still out...and Cooks looking iffy)

Thanks, Ingram it is. Panthers D is scary, but I'm sure I'll get some points out of him.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Can't see who else is available, but I would go McCluster. Probably pretty high scoring game. Dunbar is more like a WR3 playing with Weedon in a lower score (I would guess) game. Both are pretty crappy TBH.

Can you get someone like a Duke Johnson, B Powell (Ivory backup/handcuff)? Both I would assume have much better chance this week.

unfortunately those 2 are already rostered.

Wads

Banned
Pick two: Dion Lewis, Mike Evans, Giovani Bernard, DeAngelo Williams. I'm leaning towards Lewis and Bernard.

Edit: Standard league

DeAngelo Williams really shouldn't be on your list. L Bell is back this week. Williams might get a few touches but it isn't going to be a time share. I would go with Evans and Bernard. Swap Lewis for Evans id you need a show me game. I think he will be 100% this week though.

Nafai1123

Banned
Thanks guys, I'll be starting Evans as flex.

One more question. I just noticed Gurley is available as a FA. Worth picking up I assume?

SaviorX

Carson or Cam?
Without Drew Brees the saints might get pounded by the Panthers. Without a true offensive threat they may take more chances throwing the ball instead of focusing on limiting possession time for the saints offense. However cam has no weapons whatsoever so you gotta check how the saints contain mobile qbs...however many there are.

Carson Palmer is a gunslinger in the Bruce Arians offense, and has been relying more on the pass than the run without Andre Ellington. If cam had better weapons he would be a must start...but strictly off QB play you might have to stick with Palmer.

Knox

I had a potential trade lined up earlier this week, my J. Matthews for his D. Hopkins, but I pulled it after Hopkins missed practice with the concussion. Now it looks like he's gonna play but it's given me a couple days to talk myself out of it. I think Hopkins is the better playmaker but the Eagles could have a better offense if they get their shit together, and Matthews has done well regardless of their struggles. What do you guys think?

I had a potential trade lined up earlier this week, my J. Matthews for his D. Hopkins, but I pulled it after Hopkins missed practice with the concussion. Now it looks like he's gonna play but it's given me a couple days to talk myself out of it. I think Hopkins is the better playmaker but the Eagles could have a better offense if they get their shit together, and Matthews has done well regardless of their struggles. What do you guys think?

I would have done that in a heartbeat! Matthews is good, but he's been dropping some open passes.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Thanks guys, I'll be starting Evans as flex.

One more question. I just noticed Gurley is available as a FA. Worth picking up I assume?

Gurley will be a beast in a few weeks. Pick him up asap. I drafted him pretty high in my league since we have an IR slot where he could sit until he starts to play.

Hazelhurst

Pick two: Dion Lewis, Mike Evans, Giovani Bernard, DeAngelo Williams. I'm leaning towards Lewis and Bernard.

Edit: Standard league

Definitely Mike Evans. He'll be a top 10 receiver by years end, barring no major injuries.

He's the main player I'm curious to see this year, after his amazing rookie year.

So, Mike Evans and Dion Lewis.

Should've pulled the trigger. Hopkins is going to be a target monster and really is in line for a type of year that Mike Evans had last season.

Should've pulled the trigger. Hopkins is going to be a target monster and really is in line for a type of year that Mike Evans had last season.

what do you think about Allen Robinson? He was, for some reason, available as a free agent in one of my leagues and I snatched him up yesterday as a potential replacement incase Hopkins misses this week. Should I consider starting him at the flex spot (my two wr's are Hopkins and AJ Green) over a running back like Doug Martin?

Knox

Yeah, if it was anyone else in the league I probably would have just done it despite the concussion, but it's actually the team I'm up against this week so it could have swung hard against me. I just put the trade back in, hopefully I can get it through before Sunday.

what do you think about Allen Robinson? He was, for some reason, available as a free agent in one of my leagues and I snatched him up yesterday as a potential replacement incase Hopkins misses this week. Should I consider starting him at the flex spot (my two wr's are Hopkins and AJ Green) over a running back like Doug Martin?
Robinson has much more upside to me, Pats secondary is nothing special and Jacksonville will probably need to pass 40+ times since they'll play from behind. He leads the team in targets and the guy who was 2nd is hurt. I really am not a big fan of Martin because I don't think Tampa Bay will be ahead in the game. He won't see alot of volume since Sims is the passing down back. Plus their line is turrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom