• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get Ellington and Andre Johnson off waivers(via FAAB bids) because their owners panicked too quickly and dump them early on. I got Andre for cheap with no opposition, but I had to pay a pretty penny for Ellington($33 with a $100 budget with the next highest being $28). Really hoping these guys can come back from their injury/slow start and string together some good games because I got them solely to try and trade up for star players from owners who lack depth. I also have Matt Jones and Martavis Bryant from my bench and my starting line up to deal if I feel like I have to. I won't do it too soon, but I want to try and put together the best line up possible for the playoffs if I make it(unfortunately I'm off to a 0-2 start).

Beach

what do you think about Allen Robinson? He was, for some reason, available as a free agent in one of my leagues and I snatched him up yesterday as a potential replacement incase Hopkins misses this week. Should I consider starting him at the flex spot (my two wr's are Hopkins and AJ Green) over a running back like Doug Martin?
I would probabaly go by a matchup vs matchup strategy.

Robinson's team expects to be behind against the Patriots for the majority of the game so they will throw a lot against a weak Pats secondary.

Martin does not have a good matchup against a strong Texans line who have held Charles and Stewart to so-so games.

Edwardo

I'm not sure who to start for my WR3 in my 14 team league.

My options are:

Tavon Austin vs Pit
Eddie Royal vs Seattle
Ted Ginn jr vs New Orleans
Darrius Heyward-Bey vs St Louis

I have Austin in now, but im thinking DHB could have a big game with Bryant still out.

Edwardo

Uh....anybody on the waiver wire?

Lol nope. The best receiver options were Hankerson and Benjamin, but they both went to higher waivers.

MPSmwiL.png

I picked up Ginn and DHB because I needed some depth.

QP3

Lol nope. The best receiver options were Hankerson and Benjamin, but they both went to higher waivers.

MPSmwiL.png

I picked up Ginn and DHB because I needed some depth.

Well, on the bright side you got Bell back this week!

I am a bit afraid to spread this, but GAF is like fam. I always use Fantasy Pros. You can connect to your league, and it'll give you all kinds of help. Who to start/sit, best available players, etc. I plugged in your predicament and they suggest Royal b a good bit. I'd just keep track of his hip injury as kickoff approaches.

FantasyPros

Edwardo

Any chance Allen Hurns is available? I really don't know what to tell you lol. I guess stick with Austin.

Nah he's not lol.

Well, on the bright side you got Bell back this week!

I am a bit afraid to spread this, but GAF is like fam. I always use Fantasy Pros. You can connect to your league, and it'll give you all kinds of help. Who to start/sit, best available players, etc. I plugged in your predicament and they suggest Royal b a good bit. I'd just keep track of his hip injury as kickoff approaches.

FantasyPros

Wow thanks. That site looks really useful thanks.

I'm just not sure about starting Royal in Seattle lol.

182Ways

It would be crazy to start megatron (vs Denver) this week, right? It seems so obvious given all the facts of the season so far, but a little piece of me is telling me to take the risk because i expect detroit to be very aggressive. I have mike evans, amari cooper, and donte moncrief and they all have a lot of potential this week.

Beach

It would be crazy to start megatron (vs Denver) this week, right? It seems so obvious given all the facts of the season so far, but a little piece of me is telling me to take the risk because i expect detroit to be very aggressive. I have mike evans, amari cooper, and donte moncrief and they all have a lot of potential this week.
People are going to tell you start your best players but honestly I would sit him too for a week.

Also depends on how many WRS you can start.

Harris and Talib are ridiculous thus far.

Guys, I have Blount and Dion Lewis - should I Start/Flex both for week three?

I already started Alfred Morris (boo less than 2pts); other options are Sankey, Michael Floyd, Knile Davis and Hillman.

What to do?

QP3

What am I missing? Why wouldn't you start him?

edit: He had 17 targets last week. Played every snap. Sure, his offense isn't best in league but he is still top 10 imo. Who are your alternatives?

Hazelhurst

Detroit is 0-2 and they're playing their first home game. Megatron is healthy. Start Megatron. No matter if they're playing against Denver. Detroit will be desperate and hungry.

182Ways

What am I missing? Why wouldn't you start him?

Mostly because of Denver's pass rush and Aqib Talib. They have been scary so far. Also, Stafford and whether or not he is still feeling the effects of all those sacks last week.

Edit: alternatives are Mike Evans, Amari Cooper, and Donte Moncrief.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Need to pick 4 guys out of this group - non PPR league

Matt Forte / Dion Lewis / DeAndre Hopkins / Amari Cooper / Donte Moncrief.

Normally would plug in Forte every week (duh) but not feeling great about his chance given the fact they're playing the Seahawks and missing both Cutler and Alshon. Guess I just have to stick with him although I could go with Dion Lewis and go with the third WR as my flex.

Also can't really decide at all between Cooper and Moncrief.

FTF

Need to pick 4 guys out of this group - non PPR league

Matt Forte / Dion Lewis / DeAndre Hopkins / Amari Cooper / Donte Moncrief.

Normally would plug in Forte every week (duh) but not feeling great about his chance given the fact they're playing the Seahawks and missing both Cutler and Alshon. Guess I just have to stick with him although I could go with Dion Lewis and go with the third WR as my flex.

Also can't really decide at all between Cooper and Moncrief.

Flip a coin between Lewis and Moncrief, play the other 3. And you can never sit someone like Forte, regardless of matchup.

182Ways

Guys, I have Blount and Dion Lewis - should I Start/Flex both for week three?

I already started Alfred Morris (boo less than 2pts); other options are Sankey, Michael Floyd, Knile Davis and Hillman.

What to do?

I wouldn't be comfortable with Blount just yet. Keep rolling with Lewis until you're given a good reason not to.

RBH

Pick two:

-Justin Forsett vs. Cincinnati
-Latavius Murray @ Cleveland
-David Johnson vs. San Francisco

1.0 PPR league

Asked this a few days ago, but still debating over it. I'm thinking Murray and Johnson, but I just don't feel quite right about benching Forsett so early.

FTF

Pick two:

1.0 PPR league

Asked this a few days ago, but still debating over it. I'm thinking Murray and Johnson, but I just don't feel quite right about benching Forsett so early.

I'd go with Forsett and Murray.

nillapuddin

RKc9eoE.jpg

I like all my guys this week, I just flat out don't know who will do best. I feel like I have a top 4 team, and I'm playing a lower tier team, so I gotta get this win.

Pick two:

1.0 PPR league

Murray and Forsett.

Also guys if you need a TE flier think about Colby Fleener. Indy has said they need to get their TEs involved and Dwyane Allen is hurt. That means it's Andrew Luck's good buddy starting at TE in a juicy matchup.

gutshot

In a tough spot here. Which of these banged-up RBs playing tough run defenses should I start?

C. Ivory vs PHL
C. Hyde vs ARI

Ptaaty

People are going to tell you start your best players but honestly I would sit him too for a week.

Also depends on how many WRS you can start.

Harris and Talib are ridiculous thus far.

Regarding Megatron - this has been my problem as well. I could play one of my many mid range RB instead of him in the flex (Crowell, Freeman, L Miller, Yeldon, Duke Johnson).

What do you do? I like Crowell quite a bit this week against oakland. But right now I am playing Megatron. Even last week with X Rhodes all over him and Vikes smacking around Stafford he got 17 targets and a sweet touchdown.

I wonder about the Denver D - yeah it is great, but this time of year stats get skewed. Look who they played - Ravens and Chiefs. Not exactly a lot of reliance on WR and the games weren't real high scoring (especially for offense...more D scores)

Ptaaty

In a tough spot here. Which of these banged-up RBs playing tough run defenses should I start?

C. Ivory vs PHL
C. Hyde vs ARI

Arizona is tougher run D, but Ivory is really banged up and Powell will get at least half the carries this week. I'd play Hyde

182Ways

Standard League

My RBs. need 1 more.
M. Jones scored only 1.8
Starting D. Martin
K. Williams
C. Ivory.

In that case, Id just wait to see if he's suiting up. It's an early game so we should know shortly. If he is going to play, start him and hope he doesn't lose too many snaps to his backup.

PPR I need two of these four:

Donte Moncrief (IND) vs TEN
T.Y. Hilton (IND) vs TEN
John Brown (ARI) vs SF
Mike Evans (TB) vs HOU

My other WR spot is already taken by Antonio Brown, who will be taken out of the lineup only after I'm dead.

Kusagari

I need to pick 2 of three to start out of Hilton, Moncrief and Keenan Allen.

I'm kind of thinking of just risking it and going with both Colts.

QP3

I need to pick 2 of three to start out of Hilton, Moncrief and Keenan Allen.

I'm kind of thinking of just risking it and going with both Colts.

HIlton and probably a toss up between the other two. I never like to start 2 of same position on same team, but then again IND is destined for a big day IMO.

Milabrega

In standard scoring, Chris Ivory vs Eagles or David Johnson vs San Fran?

If you could only roster 2 to stash, Branden Coleman, Dorial Green-Beckham, Leonard Hankerson or Philip Dorsett? I have DGB and Hankerson now, low on Coleman since Drew Brees is hurt, but I keep feeling like Dorsett is going to carve a bigger role as season progresses.

In standard scoring, Chris Ivory vs Eagles or David Johnson vs San Fran?

If you could only roster 2 to stash, Branden Coleman, Dorial Green-Beckham, Leonard Hankerson or Philip Dorsett? I have DGB and Hankerson now, low on Coleman since Drew Brees is hurt, but I keep feeling like Dorsett is going to carve a bigger role as season progresses.
Ivory (Full Disclosure, I have Ivory but dude is tough as nails)

DGB and Coleman.

Ouch... a guy in my league still hasn't replaced Brees for this week. He's got no replacement on his bench so he'd have to drop someone good to get a mediocre QB off waivers. I've been watching his team like a vulture over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom