• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 16 points down to my league's Taco. This weekend was supposed to be a slam dunk damnit. Thankfully the player I have left to go is Leveon Bell so hopefully he gets it done.

Badosh

Up by 9 with Brown and Gates left. My opponent has Rivers.

I seriously don't get what's wrong with my team, I constantly under perform. 4/5 weeks I've done less than 20 points than projected and this week, less than 40 than projected.

My team is:
QB Ryan
WR Brown
WR Julio Jones
WR D. Thomas
RB Foster
RB Charles :)( )
TE Gates (Was Ebron)
K McManus
DEf whatever (Giants this week)
-
Abdullah
Ingram
K. Williams
Baldwin
Snead
Ginn Jr.

I should be steam rolling people, yet I'm at 2-2.

GrapeApes

Up by 9 with Brown and Gates left. My opponent has Rivers.

I seriously don't get what's wrong with my team, I constantly under perform. 4/5 weeks I've done less than 20 points than projected and this week, less than 40 than projected.

My team is:
QB Ryan
WR Brown
WR Julio Jones
WR D. Thomas
RB Foster
RB Charles :)( )
TE Gates (Was Ebron)
K McManus
DEf whatever (Giants this week)
-
Abdullah
Ingram
K. Williams
Baldwin
Snead
Ginn Jr.

I should be steam rolling people, yet I'm at 2-2.
Is this a keeper league or 4 team league? Trying to think of a scenario where you get these guys in the first 4 rounds.

gutshot

To everyone else affected by the Charles injury, what are your plans for replacing his production? Just inserting West into your lineup probably isn't going to do it.

Personally, I'm thinking I'm going to need to take on a risky buy-low player in a trade to have a shot at winning my league now. Any candidates?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Up 11 points on my leagues Taco.

I have antonio brown and Woodhead to play tonight... he has Rivers and Gates.. should I be worried? because I'm shitting bricks right now.

Thought it was going to be a bad week with 3 players on a bye and 2 out with a concussion, but my bench actually pulled through and got me the win 144-119. Blake Bortle's monster game helped out a bunch.

Being offered this trade:

lBLVz0S.png

Here's my line up as is:

Gronk is really tempting to me, but James Jones and Gio have been super consistent for me this year.

He's pitching it to me as essentially Gronk for AP straight up, but I'm not seeing it that way.

What do you guys think?

jmizzal

I traded Russell Wilson and Antonio Brown for Blake Bortles and Todd Gurley in my friends league, the guy went to my friend and talked behind my back

lol well Blake Bortles throw 4 tds over 300 yards and Gurley another 100 yard day

Brown may not have those big games with Vick

Trade is looking good

nillapuddin

Here's my line up as is:

Gronk is really tempting to me, but James Jones and Gio have been super consistent for me this year.

He's pitching it to me as essentially Gronk for AP straight up, but I'm not seeing it that way.

What do you guys think?

Obviously anything with Gronk warrants attention, but idk

You dont need Bortles, Matthews =/= Jones and Jennings =/= Gio.

You are downgrading at WR and RB, just to upgrade at TE.

If it was only Gronk - AP, Id probably do it because Gio + Forte is still really solid, but all the other stuff just muddies the water.

QP3

I win if:

Bell + 17 > Rivers + A. Brown

Feel confident, but I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago when Rodgers decided to throw 700 TD passes and I lost by a point. Sigh.

Obviously anything with Gronk warrants attention, but idk

You dont need Bortles, Matthews =/= Jones and Jennings =/= Gio.

You are downgrading at WR and RB, just to upgrade at TE.

If it was only Gronk - AP, Id probably do it because Gio + Forte is still really solid, but all the other stuff just muddies the water.

Yeah. His main need is RBs and I'm giving my WR2 + RB1/RB3 for Gronk and pieces I don't really need.

Edwardo

To everyone else affected by the Charles injury, what are your plans for replacing his production? Just inserting West into your lineup probably isn't going to do it.

Personally, I'm thinking I'm going to need to take on a risky buy-low player in a trade to have a shot at winning my league now. Any candidates?

I'm moving Duke Johnson from flex to rb2. I probably won't even touch West. My WRs are completely boom or bust every week, so I have to decide if I want to do what you're talking about. Maybe making Eddie Lacy owners will be low on him right now.

I'm moving Duke Johnson from flex to rb2. I probably won't even touch West. My WRs are completely boom or bust every week, so I have to decide if I want to do what you're talking about. Maybe making Eddie Lacy owners will be low on him right now.

As a Lacy owner myself, I can say that I would never trade him for a lesser player. This guy was a top 5 pick in most drafts. Good luck trying to pry him away, although you could get lucky if the guy doesn't know much about football.

I'm not worried about Lace, especially with Yeldon as my RB2 and Dion Lewis as my flex.

phanphare

Banned

Here's my line up as is:

What do you guys think?

I don't like that trade at all. if he is essentially just trying to trade AP for Gronk straight up then you should counter with that. for you I'd take that trade all day long. you've already got forte as a RB1 and gio has been pretty consistent and it seems like it'll stay that way. you shouldn't miss AP's production too much and Gronk is just a beast. considering the position I think Gronk is the single most valuable player in fantasy football.

I don't like that trade at all. if he is essentially just trying to trade AP for Gronk straight up then you should counter with that. for you I'd take that trade all day long. you've already got forte as a RB1 and gio has been pretty consistent and it seems like it'll stay that way. you shouldn't miss AP's production too much and Gronk is just a beast. considering the position I think Gronk is the single most valuable player in fantasy football.

Do you think Bortles is more valuable that Rivers/Tanehill the rest of the season? He's pretty set on Brees as as his QB (his team is named after him, after all). I'd like to see if I can snag him as part of this as well.

NYR

I'm 16 points down to my league's Taco. This weekend was supposed to be a slam dunk damnit. Thankfully the player I have left to go is Leveon Bell so hopefully he gets it done.
Very doable. He should be good for a TD and 100 combined yards which would put you in a tie, should be able to get you an extra point or two.

nillapuddin

Do you think Bortles is more valuable that Rivers/Tanehill the rest of the season? He's pretty set on Brees as as his QB (his team is named after him, after all). I'd like to see if I can snag him as part of this as well.

Bortles:
vs HOU, vs BUF, BYE, @ NYJ, @ BAL, vs TEN, vs SD, @ TEN, vs IND, vs ATL, @ NO, @ HOU

Rivers:
@ GB, vs OAK, @ BAL, vs CHI, BYE, vs KC, @ JAX, vs DEN, @ KC, vs MIA, @ OAK, @ DEN

FWIW, Rivers has to play a harder schedule, but will still probably "get his" to a degree.
Bortles has a much easier schedule imo, but is an unknown

FANTASY FOOTBALL!

phanphare

Banned

no, not at all. Bortles to me is a match up dependent start. I'd feel pretty good about starting Rivers every week. the Green Bay and Denver match up could be troublesome but I'd roll with him for literally every other week and be good. as for Tannehill hopefully they can turn their season around. I feel like he's got enough around him to be good but their team has been a shit show so far this season. Bortles just looks good right now because he played the Dolphins, Colts, and Bucs. even New England's defense took a hit from last season, specifically in their secondary iirc. pretty sure they still managed a take away in that game too...

so yeah, I'd roll with Rivers/Tannehill for sure

Alright, I think I'll counter AP for Gronk straight up. That's how the talks started but I think we both wanted to do a blockbuster regardless of the practicality.

nillapuddin

So help me out guys, I picked up DeSean Jackson and Martavis Bryant off waivers even though neither are playing. I have no idea what to expect from them.

Are they going to be upgrades over anyone I currently have..

James Jones, Travis Benjamin, TY Hilton, John Brown

Then the question becomes, are any of those 6 better than Brandon Marshall?...

Cause now this guy is 0-5, frankly, his season is done and I'm 4-1.

Im thinking I offer whatever WR scrap I dont feel makes the cut and see what happens

GXeNVYU.png

Badosh

Is this a keeper league or 4 team league? Trying to think of a scenario where you get these guys in the first 4 rounds.

12 team standard.

I drafted Brown, Jones, Ryan, Ingram, Abdullah and Foster. The rest have been trades or waiver pick ups. The only funky one was Thomas, which I've explained on here in the past. (IE, the dude liked James Jones a lot and needed a TE, too.)

1) Evaluate you team honestly - An ESPN piece in fantasy gave a baseline of how many points you starting player had to score in each position each week to have a good chance to win that week... If you are not getting that out of each position you're already in trouble. Sure it's easier to try a get one guy who can replace Charles' production via trade but it's unreasonable; it's better to have alot of guys with good floors and occasional access to a high ceiling rather than a few stars and a bunch of scrubs. If you are the former you might be able to 2-for-1 a deal to get a higher level RB from teams who need help everywhere... but it's important not a kneejerk a move also. Blowing you whole FAAB budget on a rookie who isn't even guaranteed bellcow status, isn't as talented as the guy he's replacing, and will get less reps than Charles himself (who was underutilized). Did I mention the QB scares no one, is gutless and has baby hands? He might turn out to be a low-end RB2/high FLEX, but those guys are not hard to find.

I have very solid WRs and I had the luxury of a RB2 playing like an RB1 (Chris Ivory) to pair with Charles. Now Ivory have to be the RB1, Duke Hyou Johnson might have to be my RB2 and I need to find another high floor RB/WR/TE to use.

I will be 1-4 after this week(no one playing tonight) and I have a $36 budget left(started with 100). Should I go all in or at least 30+ on Charcandrick West? I'm desperate and I'm getting to the point where I probably don't give a fuck anymore. I feel like I should go balls out on this guy and make trade offers like Demaryius Thomas and LeSean McCoy for Leveon Bell. Any thoughts on this or should I calm down a bit?

What are the chances Danny Woodhead goes off tonight? I'm up by 16 pts (standard scoring) and my opponent has him left to play. Hopefully Rivers will pass to Gates all night.

What are the chances Danny Woodhead goes off tonight? I'm up by 16 pts (standard scoring) and my opponent has him left to play. Hopefully Rivers will pass to Gates all night.

Gates will be rusty coming off a 4 game suspension, plus he's 35.

Disclaimer: My opponent is playing Gates and I'm playing Rivers. I need 13 points to win!

JFunky

What's everyone doing with Jeremy Hill? I was able to grab Bernard off waivers this week and I honestly don't know if I should drop him or be patient? He seems to have little to no trade value right now unless I find someone super desperate.

Had to be my RB2 tonight because Shady and Karlos Williams are out and Ivory is on bye. Was already up about 25 points but my opponent has Antonio Brown. Woodhead currently has more points and is giving me a nice cushion. Going to keep him for the foreseeable future. Great late round pickup for me so far.

NYR

You jinxed yourself and everyone else in this thread who needed him to tank tonight.

Way to go...
lol

Someone in my league dropped Gates on Wednesday - going to be a feeding frenzy Waiver Wire for him, I got no chance with my priority.

NYR

My draft got a D rating but I'm second place right now. D. Martin getting me 40+ points these last two weeks. I feel invincible.
Those draft ratings are horseshit, don't worry about them, they just go off of who drafted based on yahoo's ranking plus ADP and how their projected points add up to the highest total. The guy who got an A+ in my league is now 1-4 and I laid a smack down on him this week, beating him by 50+.

CatBert

Neo Member
I'm dying. I have 119 and my opponent has 116. He has Gates and Lambo. Stressing so damn hard. Only need to hold out a few more minutes. Pray for me.

Edit: phhhhhew.

SaviorX

Anybody having RB trouble should check for Antonio Amdrews on the Titans or Ryan Mathews on the Eagles. Don't know how the Chiefs will play out.

Willie Snead is a sneaky WR play and will be getting a lot of targets as the saints will constantly play from behind going forward

Those draft ratings are horseshit, don't worry about them, they just go off of who drafted based on yahoo's ranking plus ADP and how their projected points add up to the highest total. The guy who got an A+ in my league is now 1-4 and I laid a smack down on him this week, beating him by 50+.

Yeah I know the projections are total bunk. I took Demarco Murray out this week because he's been getting about an inch a game but he went off this week. I'm easily winning this week luckily or I'd be kicking myself.

NYR

Roethlisberger needs to come back. Antonio Brown is not getting me wins with Vick at QB
Rumours are he wants to play next week and is begging the Steelers to play against his old OC. I doubt the Steelers let him, likely needs 2-3 more weeks at least, I am guessing week 8 or they will wait until the bye if the season is over and they are out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom