• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrosis

welp the arian foster & jamaal charles tag-team dream is dead

at least i have rb depth to fall back on (chris ivory, frank gore, and dion lewis specifically)

Edwardo

Needed 30 from Bell and Gates. Got 45 :D

My opponent made a trade this week too, so we did out the math and I still would've won by a point. It would've been nerve wracking since it all would have came down to the last TD.

goober

DE0wjc3.png

nice, always good to beat an undefeated team.

here's my score
IqrDDgI.png

gimmmick

Roethlisberger needs to come back. Antonio Brown is not getting me wins with Vick at QB

With big Ben gone, Bell is guaranteed to be the center piece of the offense, which works out best for me.

Thanks to Antonio Gates, Philip Rivers and Melvin Gordon, I got 55 points in one of my fantasy leagues :) (with a come from behind win too! (was down 39 points lol).

Trade away Dez for Ellington and Hillman? The Cardinals backfield is crowded and Denver's run game has been poor but my RB situation is bad and I have no depth.

gimmmick

After a number of trades last week in RB, I feel like I'm truly comfortable with my rotation. (Bell, Ivory, Forsett, Murray (Oakland)). I'm going to be dropping Murray and picking up a WR.

Though I need advice. Is Donte Moncrief even worth keeping now? I have been waiting for this guy to have a break out game... but the past 3 weeks have been pretty f'n horrible. John Brown and Allen Hurns is available in the waiver wire in one of my leagues. Probably going with Brown but Hurns got me mad points in one of my other leagues. Decisions, decisions.

GrapeApes

Trade away Dez for Ellington and Hillman? The Cardinals backfield is crowded and Denver's run game has been poor but my RB situation is bad and I have no depth.
Terribly trade. You'll still have no depth with this move. You can maybe start Ellington and hope for production. You can never start Hillman really. CJ Anderson still lead back and their oline is atrocious. You need someone who is actually starting.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Motherfuckin mike vick. Id take the 3rd stringer over that guy.

Killing antonio brown for me.

Gates getting 24 pts hurts too. I mean seriously, did he ever score that much last year?!

Being offered this trade:

Here's my line up as is:

Gronk is really tempting to me, but James Jones and Gio have been super consistent for me this year.

He's pitching it to me as essentially Gronk for AP straight up, but I'm not seeing it that way.

What do you guys think?

Okay, he's countered my counter with this:

I feel like this is more fair. Thoughts? AP for Gronk, James Jones for TY essentially.

i wouldn't do that trade myself

AP and James Jones have been consistently good-great all year
Gio has done enough to be a solid flex play at least

Rashad Jennings has done nothing fantasy-wise and doesnt have a high upside since NYG pull him out inside the 5
Bortles is injured now and is hit or miss depending on matchups
Colts offense might not come around this year so its a dice roll on Hilton
I don't think 3 consistent players is worth Gronk unless Bortles is a significant upgrade at QB for you

i wouldn't do that trade myself

AP and James Jones have been consistently good-great all year
Gio has done enough to be a solid flex play at least

Rashad Jennings has done nothing fantasy-wise and doesnt have a high upside since NYG pull him out inside the 5
Bortles is injured now and is hit or miss depending on matchups
Colts offense might not come around this year so its a dice roll on Hilton
I don't think 3 consistent players is worth Gronk unless Bortles is a significant upgrade at QB for you

Currently rolling with Tannehill and Rivers at QB. Gronk is really tempting to me. I currently have Jimmy Graham who has seen a huge drop off this year.

Terribly trade. You'll still have no depth with this move. You can maybe start Ellington and hope for production. You can never start Hillman really. CJ Anderson still lead back and their oline is atrocious. You need someone who is actually starting.
one of my starting backs is Jonathan "3 yards a carry, Cam steals my TDs" Stewart. If Ellington can get 10+ touches I think he'll be be an upgrade.

Hillman as a gamble for sure, more of a lottery ticket. The reason I even play with this is because I don't think Dez will be back in any kind of productive shape to help me in time. I'm currently out of the playoff picture and need to win out

Edit: and I've shopped Dez around. This is the best offer I've got in 3 weeks

Wow. Can't say I've ever had a comeback as big as we saw last night before. Was down 20 with Gates left to play. (Gates had just over 21pts). Between that and the Steelers win, welcoming salves for losing Jamaal Charles

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
do people think theo riddick will have some long term potential? I may try to get his this week.

drafted lafell. so i hope all this waiting pays off.

He's in line to be back for week 7, so I'm nabbing him a week before people switch on to him

Doing the same exact thing my man! I want to grab him now while no one is thinking of him. I'm 12/12 on the WW though :( I originally drafted him but had to release him since he was expected to be out until early November.

My god my Jags D instead of Seahawks D "smart play" almost cost me, but Barndiges huge week helped me pull it off.

5-0 and the smack talk has been endless on hangouts, so good right now.

TylerD

Moved to 5-0 in my standard scoring league despite clunkers by Martellus Bennett, Antonio Brown, and Mike Evans (no surprise at this point). Would have lost to 3 other teams. John Brown is getting the Evans bye replacement this week

Hopkins is a target machine, could use more TDs though... Big Ben needs to come back so AB and Nuk can dominate together for me.

Just offered Jeremy Hill and Dez Bryant for Julian Edelman and Carlos Hyde. I don't think he will actually accept, but it is worth a try, especially with Bryant possibly returning in week 7. I really want Edelman on my team since I have Brady, but don't want to give up Fitz,Brown, or Marshall since they have all been producing outstanding numbers except from Brown with Vick.

If he doesn't accept Bryant, should I offer Fitz or Marshall?? Or just keep who I have?

Trying to unload Hill now since he seems to be losing carries to Bernard.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Just offered Jeremy Hill and Dez Bryant for Julian Edelman and Carlos Hyde. I don't think he will actually accept, but it is worth a try, especially with Bryant possibly returning in week 7. I really want Edelman on my team since I have Brady, but don't want to give up Fitz,Brown, or Marshall since they have all been producing outstanding numbers except from Brown with Vick.

If he doesn't accept Bryant, should I offer Fitz or Marshall?? Or just keep who I have?

edlemans production will prob take a hit lafell returns.

ACE 1991

Ugh Ugh Ugh my number one overall pick is done for the season (Jamaal Charles), sucks. I'm pretty screwed at RB if my waiver claim for KC's new starting RB doesn't go through, and I can't imagine it won't. Anyone else I should look out for to see if they're available?

I changed my mind and pulled the trade. Waiting to see if I get Lafell first.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Ugh Ugh Ugh my number one overall pick is done for the season (Jamaal Charles), sucks. I'm pretty screwed at RB if my waiver claim for KC's new starting RB doesn't go through, and I can't imagine it won't. Anyone else I should look out for to see if they're available?

knowing nothing about your league.....

darren mcfadden, theo riddick, duke johnson, you can chance it with kniles davis in case west doesnt work out...

im sure theres more talent on your wire though, than wha ti mentioned....

MikeRahl

Standard Yahoo League, no FLEX

WRs are Evans, Cooks, Allen, Fitz and Decker

RBs are (were) Charles, Gore, Hill, Freeman, Williams.

Someone offered Fitzgerald straight up for Lynch. What is everyones thoughts?

I am not sure the drop off from Fitz to my bye WR is worth the upgrade from Gore to Lynch. Especially with the way the Seattle offense has been playing.

If I were to give up Fitz the line up would probably be Allen/Cooks and then best matchup between Evans, Decker and whoever I can find off the waiver wire.

Standard Yahoo League, no FLEX

WRs are Evans, Cooks, Allen, Fitz and Decker

RBs are (were) Charles, Gore, Hill, Freeman, Williams.

Someone offered Fitzgerald straight up for Lynch. What is everyones thoughts?

I am not sure the drop off from Fitz to my bye WR is worth the upgrade from Gore to Lynch. Especially with the way the Seattle offense has been playing.

If I were to give up Fitz the line up would probably be Allen/Cooks and then best matchup between Evans, Decker and whoever I can find off the waiver wire.

Fitz has been a monster this year and is your only legit WR. You arent hurting that much at RB to roll the dice on a banged up Lynch playing in an offense thats taken a step back. I wouldnt part with Fitz if I were you

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
MY RBs in my work money league are fucked.

McCoy, Murray, and Morris.

Then in my pride league my receivers are garbage.

Tate, Evans, and Hilton.

At least the Jets are 3-1...wish either of my fantasy teams were!

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
so? he's still the number one guy on a passing offense with tom brady currently touring around the country hate fucking the NFL one team at a time. plus their schedule is pretty damn easy except for the Jets twice.

so the value you think you're getting is going to go down around the same time Dez's value is going to go up.

phanphare

Banned
so the value you think you're getting is going to go down around the same time Dez's value is going to go up.

not enough to matter imo plus there are question marks surrounding dez's situation whereas with edelman you know exactly what you're getting

also fwiw I'm pretty sure edelman is the most targeted receiver in fantasy over julio jones if you account for his bye week

not enough to matter imo plus there are question marks surrounding dez's situation whereas with edelman you know exactly what you're getting

also fwiw I'm pretty sure edelman is the most targeted receiver in fantasy over julio jones if you account for his bye week

Love Edelman this year. My Brady/Edelman/Gronk combo is killing it, and there are maybe 2-3 WRs I'd consider taking for Edelman, he's been that good.

Need some help with a trade guys, im in an 8 man keeper league.

My team below:
Ryan
Stafford
D.Murray
CJ. Anderson
M.Gordon
D.Johnson
T. Gurley
K. Williams
AJ. Green
D. Hopkins
J. Maclin
S. Watkins
K. Benjamin
V. Jackson
T. Kelce

Guy has offered me a trade Carlos Hyde for Jeremy Maclin.
Maclin has been on the bench behind Green and Hopkins all season so he's barely played and my RBs have let me down most of the season (apart from Gurley last 2 weeks).
Should i consider or no?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

Maclin has been on the bench behind Green and Hopkins all season so he's barely played and my RBs have let me down most of the season (apart from Gurley last 2 weeks).
Should i consider or no?

i'd say no - you have plenty of young backs with tons of potential. hyde is on a so-so team, so theylll be playing from behind a lot... maclin will prob get a lot more looks with charles out...also on a so-so team, but playing down will result in more throws.

i'm looking for some advice on playesr that may put up good numbers in the second half of the season....

can anyone offer insight on:

Josh huff
stefon diggs
jeremy langford
ty montgomery

anyone else you have in mind...

My team below:
Ryan
Stafford
D.Murray
CJ. Anderson
M.Gordon
D.Johnson
T. Gurley
K. Williams
AJ. Green
D. Hopkins
J. Maclin
S. Watkins
K. Benjamin
V. Jackson
T. Kelce

Should i consider or no?

I'd say yes - Hyde is occasionally great, and Maclin is not a WR that I would trust enough to start...yet. Maybe the Charles situation changes that.

Here's what it really comes down to for me: I would start Hyde this week and bench Maclin. So, to me at least, it's a good trade.

goober

Alright guys, need some advice.

Here's my roster in standard yahoo league:

QB: Russel Wilson
WR: Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Donte Moncrief
RB: Devonta Freeman, Justin Forsett, Dion Lewis, Melvin Gordon, Danny Woodhead, Alfred Morris, Tevin Coleman
TE: Martellus Bennett
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Arizona

I wasn't solid in RB after the draft so I kinda overcompensated. Now, my WR corp. isn't performing well due to poor QB play.

So I was looking at some WRs to pick up, among them Marquess Wilson, Ty Montgomery, Brandon Lafell, Stefon Diggs. High upside WRs that can really help my team. Mike Wallace is also on the wire.

But who should I drop? Thinking Alfred Morris, but I drafted him in the fifth or sixth round. Anyone else droppable on my roster?

Thanks for your advice.

was offered hyde + decker for edelman

my rbs are the dumpster fire combo of cj anderson and alfred morris but it aint like hyde is a sure thing and decker is td reliant

learning no since edelman gets targets and plays for a top 3 qb

RB: Devonta Freeman, Justin Forsett, Dion Lewis, Melvin Gordon, Danny Woodhead, Alfred Morris, Tevin Coleman

I wasn't solid in RB after the draft so I kinda overcompensated. Now, my WR corp. isn't performing well due to poor QB play.

So I was looking at some WRs to pick up, among them Marquess Wilson, Ty Montgomery, Brandon Lafell, Stefon Diggs. High upside WRs that can really help my team. Mike Wallace is also on the wire.

But who should I drop? Thinking Alfred Morris, but I drafted him in the fifth or sixth round. Anyone else droppable on my roster?

Thanks for your advice.

Morris is behind 2 other backs in a pass happy offense, if u have to drop anyone he is my pick. Coleman can put up Devonta-type numbers if he goes down, but otherwise they dont appear to be splitting carries at all. Im not a fan of starting either SD RB either. If I were you id go fishing for trades with your surplus.

Id also look to upgrade at TE. I drafted Martellus too but cut him after 3 games. Doesnt look like its happening for him in this year's offense. There are likely 1-2 better options on waivers for you.

For your receiver options the only ones listed Id consider would be Lafell and maybe Mike Wallace. The rest are nobodies that I wouldnt start over your studs regardless of QB play.

goober

Morris is behind 2 other backs in a pass happy offense, if u have to drop anyone he is my pick. Coleman can put up Devonta-type numbers if he goes down, but otherwise they dont appear to be splitting carries at all. Im not a fan of starting either SD RB either. If I were you id go fishing for trades with your surplus.

Id also look to upgrade at TE. I drafted Martellus too but cut him after 3 games. Doesnt look like its happening for him in this year's offense. There are likely 1-2 better options on waivers for you.

For your receiver options the only ones listed Id consider would be Lafell and maybe Mike Wallace. The rest are nobodies that I wouldnt start over your studs regardless of QB play.

There's not much available. I think one guy has 3 TEs on his roster lol.
Delanie Walker, Jordan Cameron, and Kyle Rudolph are available, but I feel they aren't any better than Martellus Bennett.

There's not much available. I think one guy has 3 TEs on his roster lol.
Delanie Walker, Jordan Cameron, and Kyle Rudolph are available, but I feel they aren't any better than Martellus Bennett.

Maybe you should look to deal RBs for a TE?

If not then yea I agree the slim pickings out there arent better than Bennett

GrapeApes

Thanks for your advice.
I'd drop Coleman or Woodhead(if it's standard scoring). Matt Jones is dealing with turf toe so Morris will be probably lead back. If you drop him this week, someone will pick him up.(depending on your league size)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom