• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nillapuddin

When healthy, would yall start Martavis Bryant and DeSean Jackson

In place of, John Brown, Travis Benjamin, TY Hilton or James Jones?

Honestly I feel like starting Gronk @ TE, Eifert @ FLEX, and just taking my chances on James Jones + Someone Im feeling lucky on @ WR.

Im tempted to WR dump for B Marshall, but if Bryant or Jackson are going to be close to his level, I will just wait out the injuries. If not I want to trade for him while I can.

When healthy, would yall start Martavis Bryant and DeSean Jackson

In place of, John Brown, Travis Benjamin, TY Hilton or James Jones?

Honestly I feel like starting Gronk @ TE, Eifert @ FLEX, and just taking my chances on James Jones + Someone Im feeling lucky on @ WR.

Im tempted to WR dump for B Marshall, but if Bryant or Jackson are going to be close to his level, I will just wait out the injuries. If not I want to trade for him while I can.

there are only a small handful of receivers I would start over James Jones, hes been consistently productive since game one, has the best QB throwing him the ball in an offense that leans towards the pass.

Bryant might have upside if Ben was in there and they were clicking, but you are rolling the dice that Vick can get lucky again when he can even get Antonio Brown going right now. Redskins offense likes to take shots with matchups and now that Jordan Reed is out for awhile if Desean is on the field he will get some looks, but I still wouldnt start him over Jones. Neither of those guys imo is close to an equal for Marshall for consistency.

BMarsh gets a ton of targets and will get looks in the red zone so is a good bet to get a TD each week. I don't think a WR dump with the names you mentioned would be enough for any savvy player to part with BMarsh unless they are desperate. Playing Eifert and Gronk is certainly an good option as well.

Alright, I'm in a 1 QB league and have both Ben and Tyrod, so I need help deciding who to pick up for this week. Possible available QBs are currently, Kaepernick, Stafford, Bortles, Flacco, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, Mariota, Hoyer, Vick, Manuel, Cousins, and McCown. Luckily, my opponent is down Jamal Charles this week so it shouldn't come down to this choice.

EDIT: Also, should I drop J Stewart, Stevie Johnson, Doug Baldwin, Chris Johnson, or Charles Sims for the QB I pick up. Chris Johnson is my current RB2.

nillapuddin

there are only a small handful of receivers I would start over James Jones, hes been consistently productive since game one, has the best QB throwing him the ball in an offense that leans towards the pass.

Bryant might have upside if Ben was in there and they were clicking, but you are rolling the dice that Vick can get lucky again when he can even get Antonio Brown going right now. Redskins offense likes to take shots with matchups and now that Jordan Reed is out for awhile if Desean is on the field he will get some looks, but I still wouldnt start him over Jones. Neither of those guys imo is close to an equal for Marshall for consistency.

BMarsh gets a ton of targets and will get looks in the red zone so is a good bet to get a TD each week. I don't think a WR dump with the names you mentioned would be enough for any savvy player to part with BMarsh unless they are desperate.

Guys team is a dumpster fire
aG74AWH.png
[/QUOTE

bigkrev

Grrr... just got sniped by a dollar in FAAB bidding for Gary Barnidge ($32 vs $31)

Jordan Reed really needs to come back soon, because I'm being forced to start guys like Jared Cook in the interim.

Alright, I'm in a 1 QB league and have both Ben and Tyrod, so I need help deciding who to pick up for this week. Possible available QBs are currently, Kaepernick, Stafford, Bortles, Flacco, Cutler, Fitzpatrick, Bridgewater, Mariota, Hoyer, Vick, Manuel, Cousins, and McCown. Luckily, my opponent is down Jamal Charles this week so it shouldn't come down to this choice.

EDIT: Also, should I drop J Stewart, Stevie Johnson, Doug Baldwin, Chris Johnson, or Charles Sims for the QB I pick up. Chris Johnson is my current RB2.

Id take Kaep for 1 week. Hes getting better and BAL cant get any pressure on the QB and has a dreadful secondary. The rushing yards he gets this week will put him over the top.

Drop Stevie Johnson since hes hurt and was a forgotten man in that offense when he was last healthy

Need a little advice about which TE to start for a standard ESPN league. I picked up Gary Barnidge off waivers so now I somehow have three:

Gary Barnidge (CLE, vs DEN)
Richard Rodgers (GB, vs SD)
Larry Donnell (NYG, vs PHI)

My team is solid otherwise but I should probably drop one of the three.

Tom Nook

Anyone else Starting C. West?

My RBs/Flex lineup (12man, non ppr League)
RB1: C Ivory
RB2: L Blount
Flex: C West

Bench:
D Martin- Bye
K Williams - Concussion Protocol (might play)

Flex Options:
B Cooks.

My RBs are a disaster, so I'm considering putting in a claim for West on the WW. Is it a dick move for me to grab West even though it's likely the guy with Charles will want him and is lower in the WW order than I am?

prag16

Banned
My RBs are a disaster, so I'm considering putting in a claim for West on the WW. Is it a dick move for me to grab West even though it's likely the guy with Charles will want him and is lower in the WW order than I am?

No mercy. It's not a dick move.

Tom Nook

You gotta win, you gotta win.

He has other options.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Alright, I'm in a 1 QB league and have both Ben and Tyrod, so I need help deciding who to pick up for this week. Possible available QBs....

I'd grab Bortles and prob drop stevie johnson... I just dropped him in my league. i'm thinking hell go even more overlooked and stay as a wr4 with not too high of a cieling potential...

Need a little advice about which TE to start for a standard ESPN league. I picked up Gary Barnidge off waivers so now I somehow have three:

Gary Barnidge (CLE, vs DEN)
Richard Rodgers (GB, vs SD)
Larry Donnell (NYG, vs PHI)

rodgers and donell are pretty close imo... its up to you.. i'd keep rodgers because he has A. Rodgers throwing to him even though there are plenty of recievers already on that offense...

Hazelhurst

Got proposed a trade in my 10 team standard Yahoo league:

I give up:
Jeremy Maclin
Karlos Williams

I get:
Latavius Murray
Tyler Eifert

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this. What do y'all think?

I need a solid tight end...currently have Charles Clay and Julius Thomas.

Thinking about my flex player for next week. I've got Peterson and Ingram in as my RBs.

TJ Yeldon
Giovani Bernard
Karlos Williams

I'm leaning towards Yeldon, but people seem to be hot on Williams right now.

Also, Bortles over Tannehill seems like a good call right? 2QB league, my other QB is Wilson.

Tom Nook

I give up:
Jeremy Maclin
Karlos Williams

I get:
Latavius Murray
Tyler Eifert

Do it.

Tom Nook

Thinking about my flex player for next week. I've got Peterson and Ingram in as my RBs.

TJ Yeldon
Giovani Bernard
Karlos Williams

I'm leaning towards Yeldon, but people seem to be hot on Williams right now.

Also, Bortles over Tannehill seems like a good call right? 2QB league, my other QB is Wilson.

I would go with TJ Yeldon too. Williams may not play this Sunday.

I give up:
Jeremy Maclin
Karlos Williams

I get:
Latavius Murray
Tyler Eifert

I would do it. I have both Eifert and Murray and Eifert is a beast even though Murray is hot/cold.

I have Antonio Brown and Larry Fitzgerrald right now, and if I could add Hurns or LaFell to that mix who would you get?

Leaning LaFell but Hurns is attractive as I could start him this week to offest Browns awfulness thanks to Vick.

Both would come relatively cheap.

I would go with TJ Yeldon too. Williams may not play this Sunday.

Thanks, I was assuming Williams would play but I think I'd play Yeldon anyway. My team is stacked with Jacksonville players... hope they do well again this week.

[KoRp]Jazzman;181648815 said:
I have Antonio Brown and Larry Fitzgerrald right now, and if I could add Hurns or LaFell to that mix who would you get?

Leaning LaFell but Hurns is attractive as I could start him this week to offest Browns awfulness thanks to Vick.

I would go LaFell even though you won't be able to play him for a couple weeks. I actually almost picked him up until I saw Snead still sitting in waivers. It really depends on how big your league is and how you're looking at WRs the next couple games.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
could use some flex advice...

Ellington vs. Pit
Hill vs. Buf
Theo Riddick vs. Chi

Kinda want to trade Ellington or Taylor/Bradford for someting, but i dont know what their values would be.

in a 12 team 1/2 ppr keeper league.

Tom Nook

[KoRp]Jazzman;181648815 said:

I go with LaFell also. Browns value has gone down, thanks Vick. :(

I'll start Brown again but if it's another under 5pt return, I'll look for another one, NOT dropping him of course.

WRs: Brown, OBJ, Cooks

I don't understand why everyone is so big on adding LaFell. He'll be coming off a foot injury and he'll be fourth on the depth chart of Brady's favorite weapons.

I'd take a wait and see approach.

I don't understand why everyone is so big on adding LaFell. He'll be coming off a foot injury and he'll be fourth on the depth chart of Brady's favorite weapons.

The answer is pretty simple. He's dirt cheap, he played really well last season, and the Patriots are probably the top offense in the NFL. That's an exciting prospect when the waiver wire is bare.

could use some flex advice...

Ellington vs. Pit
Hill vs. Buf
Theo Riddick vs. Chi

Oh, I'm playing Jeremy Hill. He's having a really topsy-turvy season but he's still a major goal line option for the Bengals, which are a functioning offense. The Bills have problems with functioning offenses. Ellington had a long run last week but otherwise stuck behind Chris Johnson, and Riddick is basically hoping to be Vereen for Stafford. Hill has by far the most upside here.

I offered up James Jones and C. West for Antonio Brown.

Good deal or did I make a huge mistake?

Brown is gonna be a force when Waffleburger comes back and the guy I'm trading with needs C. West since he is a Charles owner.

rodgers and donell are pretty close imo... its up to you.. i'd keep rodgers because he has A. Rodgers throwing to him even though there are plenty of recievers already on that offense...

Pretty much my thinking too.

QB time:

ESPN: Brees or Eli?
Yahoo: Brees or Dalton?

Brees hasn't been panning out the way I was hoping yet this season. And Eli and Dalton both crushed it in their last games.

If you take a wait and see approach you will most likely be too late depending on your waiver wire position. It's better to act now and grab him for nothing and stash him. If he doesn't produce just release him. Especially since I have Brady on my team, I can double my points if he ends up being a major weapon like he was last season.

GrapeApes

I offered up James Jones and C. West for Antonio Brown.

Good deal or did I make a huge mistake?

Brown is gonna be a force when Waffleburger comes back and the guy I'm trading with needs C. West since he is a Charles owner.
Good deal. You win the trade in the long term.

Any new word on ODB? Just my luck, it's MNF, so I'll have to decide by Sunday. I have Sanders on my bench waiting.

And now my weekly RB2 dilemna:

J Stew (@sea)
Ellington (@pit)
Johnson Jr (@den)

I'm leaning Ellington, but I've been complete shit at predicting RB performance this season.

Dazzler

Any new word on ODB? Just my luck, it's MNF, so I'll have to decide by Sunday. I have Sanders on my bench waiting.

J Stew (@sea)
Ellington (@pit)
Johnson Jr (@den)

I'm leaning Ellington, but I've been complete shit at predicting RB performance this season.

I have to go with Ellington because Gurley is on a bye

Feeling a lot more confident in him than I am in my other RB - CJ Spiller (barf)

Lance Dunbar going down killed my RB depth (even tho he'd be on bye this week too, so it's moot)

I have to go with Ellington because Gurley is on a bye

Feeling a lot more confident in him than I am in my other RB - CJ Spiller (barf)

Lance Dunbar going down killed my RB depth (even tho he'd be on bye this week too, so it's moot)

I'm very close to dropping Spiller. It's getting clearer that he's really not a part of this offense.

I'm thinking of dropping Harvin for LaFell since he's on the wire and Harvin has really sucked lately. Good idea or bad idea?

Well, it's not a horrible idea but LaFell is simply a lottery ticket. You're hoping that he is healthy and sturdy enough to become one of Brady's weapons, which is possible, and Brady is certainly a better QB to throw from.

Harvin's value right now is tied to the defenses Tyrod Taylor faces + the health of Sammy Watkins, who is pretty much necessary to help pull coverage.

I can see situations where both players work out but I'd rather gamble on LaFell right now simply due to the situation.

Ended up dropping Jordan Reed for Julius Thomas since Reed has so many concussions at this point he's gotta be close to being done. Is Thomas a wait and see player right now? I've got Walker in now and I feel like that's a safer bet.

J Stew (@sea)
Ellington (@pit)
Johnson Jr (@den)

Duke Hyou Johnson Jr. all the way.

Just sent over Jeremy Hill and Brandon Marshall for Todd Gurley and Emmanuel Sanders.

I need a stable rb weekly and he wanted Marshall so we both benefited.

Once Bryant and Lafell are back I will be stacked at receivers again.

Eek, even against Denver? What makes you so certain?
Locked into a guaranteed role and sees more snaps than Crowell. It's because Denver CBs are so good and the WRs for Cleveland are so bad the only way Cleveland will move the ball is the short passing game... aka Gary Barnidge and Duke Johnson Jr. Add to that the fact Johnson will see 8-12 rushing attempts and actually got goalline work ahead of Crowell last game? If talent is not an overwhelming factor I want the guy on the field for the most snaps either locked into a role or in the mix for alot of work. Duke fulfills both as the passing-down back (Cleveland will be behind quick) and now is seeing some goal line work.

Code:
Player	Team	Position	Started	Total Snaps	Off Snaps	Off Snap Pct 	
20-S.Draughn	CLE	RB	NO	0	0	0.0%	
27-R.Turbin	CLE	RB	NO	0	0	0.0%	
29-D.Johnson	CLE	RB	YES	54	54	61.0%
34-I.Crowell	CLE	RB	NO	34	34	39.0%
Duke may be the backup RB, but game flow dictates his workload. Last game he was actually the starter and was on the field substantially more than Crow.

You're awesome, Herpes!

Now how many times does some get the chance to say that, lol?
LOL. Now I will add Ellington is an interesting choice but who knows what his role is now with Chris Johnson and David Johnson there? J-Stew... eh don't like him vs. Seattle.

Just sent over Jeremy Hill and Brandon Marshall for Todd Gurley and Emmanuel Sanders.

I need a stable rb weekly and he wanted Marshall so we both benefited.

Once Bryant and Lafell are back I will be stacked at receivers again.
Jeremy Hill and Brandon Marshall for Todd Gurley and Emmanuel Sanders.
Jeremy Hill and Brandon Marshall for Todd Gurley and Emmanuel Sanders.

I wish I could be in leagues like this where highway robbery happens.

nillapuddin

offered Travis Benjamin and TY Hilton for Brandon Marshall, well see it goes through. I have too many fucking receivers. James Jones, Brandon Marshall and Eifert at FLEX might become my life.

rokkerkory

4-1 in my PPR league, here are my starters for this week:

QB: Philip Rivers SD - QB
WR: Larry Fitzgerald Ari - WR
WR: Jarvis Landry Mia - WR
RB: Le'Veon Bell Pit - RB
RB: T.J. Yeldon Jax - RB
TE: Jimmy Graham Sea - TE
W/T: Allen Hurns Jax - WR
W/R/T: Chris Johnson Ari - RB
K: Brandon McManus Den - K
DEF: New York NYJ - DEF
D: D'Qwell Jackson Ind - LB

I have Richard Rodgers and Heath Miller waiting in the wings if Graham continues to slump. Amari Cooper too but he's on bye this week.

Edwardo

Ended up dropping Jordan Reed for Julius Thomas since Reed has so many concussions at this point he's gotta be close to being done. Is Thomas a wait and see player right now? I've got Walker in now and I feel like that's a safer bet.

I'm probably going to flex him this week. Hopefully he'll be in full swing this week against the Texans. They aren't great against the pass. I guess it depends how healthy Bortles is.

Should I pick up Theo Riddick or Alfred Morris in my .5 ppr league?

Riddick has been a target machine latley, but I feel like Morris is slightly more trustworthy, though he did have a bad game last week and faces a tough Jets front seven this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom