• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeRahl

Wow someone in my leauge is desperate for Freeman.

Offering:

Lynch, Lewis, Moncrief, Hauschka, Harvin and Tannehill

For:

Freeman.

So essentially it is just Lynch and Lewis for Freeman.

RBs in this league for me are Freeman, Gore, Hill and K. Williams. Both Lynch and Lewis are both huge upgrades over Hill, and probably K Williams if he can't get over his concussion before Shady comes back.

I'm probably going to flex him this week. Hopefully he'll be in full swing this week against the Texans. They aren't great against the pass. I guess it depends how healthy Bortles is.

I'm already playing Bortles, Robinson and Yeldon. Might as well go all in and play Thomas. Ride the Jaguars to victory!

Wow someone in my leauge is desperate for Freeman.

Offering:

Lynch, Lewis, Moncrief, Hauschka, Harvin and Tannehill

For:

Freeman.

So essentially it is just Lynch and Lewis for Freeman.

RBs in this league for me are Freeman, Gore, Hill and K. Williams. Both Lynch and Lewis are both huge upgrades over Hill, and probably K Williams if he can't get over his concussion before Shady comes back.

1. Who would you have to drop? That's the unseen cost in big deals like this.

2. He's basically convinced freeman will continue his production. You need to decide if you think your lineup will be better overall without him. (It might be, if you consider freeman can't have 30pts every week).

Edwardo

I'm already playing Bortles, Robinson and Yeldon. Might as well go all in and play Thomas. Ride the Jaguars to victory!

Omg so many Jags haha.

I'm pretty much trying to decide if I want to flex Julius or Knile Davis. I kind of want to wait and see with Davis, but I just have a feeling that he's still going to do well.

Omg so many Jags haha.

I'm pretty much trying to decide if I want to flex Julius or Knile Davis. I kind of want to wait and see with Davis, but I just have a feeling that he's still going to do well.

I'd go Thomas. I feel like West is going to get the most action with Charles gone.

MikeRahl

1. Who would you have to drop? That's the unseen cost in big deals like this.

2. He's basically convinced freeman will continue his production. You need to decide if you think your lineup will be better overall without him. (It might be, if you consider freeman can't have 30pts every week).

My lineup right now is:

QB - Rivers
WR - Allen, Fitzgerald, Cooks
RB - Freeman, Gore
TE - Gates
K - Crosby
D- Arizona

Bench - Newton, Hill, Decker, K. Williams, LaFell

He is basically trying to trade me Lewis + EVERYONE on his bench. None of them I think would make a dent on my roster. I would probably drop K-Williams to make room for Lewis/Lynch

I wish I could be in leagues like this where highway robbery happens.

Lol he really wanted Marshall and I really wanted Gurley. According to the CBS trade chart it's about a dead even trade. If I didn't have Dez and Lafell sitting on my bench I would never have done it since Marshall has been so consistent.

Hazelhurst

Some guy beat me to Ryan Mathews off the waiver wire today and then dropped him at the end of the day for Theo Riddick. Am I missing something? I know Mathews is only projected to get 3, but the guy has huge potential since he's currently the leading rusher at Philly. I'm about to snag him.

Also, in a different league, someone dropped Jordan Matthews. I'll definitely be picking him up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Some guy beat me to Ryan Mathews off the waiver wire today and then dropped him at the end of the day for Theo Riddick. Am I missing something? I know Mathews is only projected to get 3, but the guy has huge potential since he's currently the leading rusher at Philly. I'm about to snag him.

Also, in a different league, someone dropped Jordan Matthews. I'll definitely be picking him up.

This make me feel better about having recently picked up Mathews, especially in light of the fact that Carlos Hyde is listed as questionable for Sunday (foot injury, apparently).

Now if I could only figure out why Kelce and Decker are listed as probable.

Also I'm finally starting Dalton over Wilson. Which means I'm now starting Dalton, Hill, and Green. So basically if the Bengals have a bad game, I'm fucked. :lol

Tom Nook

QB Help:

Brees VS ATL or Dalton VS BUF

Starting Dalton because he's on a hot streak but Brees could rank big points at the end of the game for garbage points.

Tom Nook

Theo is a potential starter over Bell and Adullah. Both Bell and Adullah aren't being productive.

Eagle are 50/50 with Mathews and Murray.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Anyone looking for a bye week replacement/ long runner... keep an eye on yeldon's injury. if he doesnt play look to pick up denard robinson

CatBert

Neo Member
So what's the deal with D Thomas and M Wallace. I'm really starting to hate the term "questionable". Are they going to play or not, damnit??

Normally this is a no-brainer. But since I don't trust Thursday Night Football for fantasy unless you have a stud, would you start Matt Ryan against a horrible Saints defense, or go with Andy Dalton on the road against the Bills and hope for the best?

I have a feeling I might be overthinking this, and should just stay with Ryan. Last week's game and Julio not at 100% is making me gun shy.

Beach

I have Evans and Cooper on bye and need help deciding which 3 of my WR should start..

Snead
Boldin
Steve Smith
Wright

Someone dropped Peyton in my league.

Thinking of making a waiver claim for him, dropping Tannehill.

Rivers is currently my starting QB. I don't have confidence in either Rivers or Tannehill (Rivers I have more trust in for sure) but having Peyton on my bench just in case he strings together a few good games and gets back to himself sounds appealing.

Thoughts?

Nafai1123

Banned
Fuck it, I'm play Snead instead of Brown this week. At least Snead has a QB that will throw to him, even if it's a Thursday night game.

QB Help:

Brees VS ATL or Dalton VS BUF

Starting Dalton because he's on a hot streak but Brees could rank big points at the end of the game for garbage points.

I'm in the same situation in my Yahoo league and I'm also starting Dalton... I think.

I've got Brees in my ESPN league and have Eli but not sure between those two which to start. Either way I've got to decide before the Saints play tonight.

I'm playing Snead this week. My only other options are Golden Tate or Rishard Matthews. I think he'll do alright.

Also in the Snead crew. It's him or Martavis Bryant and I'm not convinced he's ready or he'll get the passes he needs yet. Ben should be back soon though.

Does anyone else think it's safe to drop Karlos Williams for LeSean McCoy (He's just sitting there in my league)? McCoy has been practicing and it doesn't look like Williams will get to play again before that. I guess I should wait to see what happens with practice today, but I kinda want to snag McCoy before someone else does.

I have Russell Wilson and Cam Newton, they are facing off this week, and I really don't like playing either one against their respective defenses. If had to decide on one, I would go with Cam, but I am thinking about going rogue and picking up a 3rd QB for just this week. I am thinking about going with either Bortles (vs. Houston) or Cutler (vs. Detroit). Would need to drop Crowell.

Theo Riddick@CHI or Spiller@ATL for RB2? Everything seems to point to Spiller, but he's been producing almost nothing, so I'm leaning toward taking a flyer on Riddick.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
any advice on this proposed trade to me:

I give Bradford and Hill and get Yeldon.

Hill has 4th round keeper value for next season.

Yeldon has 2nd round value

My QBs & RBs:

Dalton/Bradford/Taylor
Forte/Hill/Woodhead/Ellington/Riddick

12 team keeper .5ppr league

I told him it's a little steep...I might be able to get a low round pick added in or another player. his bench players that i imagine hed throw in... clay/watkins/davis... he also has calvin johnson/d.thomas/a.robinson/hyde/m.gordon if yall think I shouldnt go for yeldon or i can get better value elsewhere... he prices his young RBs really high...fuckin commish.

Erico

Unconfirmed Member
Someone said he'd offer me Lamar Miller for John Brown straight up
Should I take it?
Not quite sure I believe in the Dolphin's new commitment to the running game.

RB is my strength position. That said, should I start Arian Foster or Eddie Lacy as my RB2? I'm leaning towards Foster as Lacy has been a disappointment so far although I suspect he will go off any game now..

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Someone said he'd offer me Lamar Miller for John Brown straight up
Should I take it?
game.

i'd say no.

RB is my strength position. That said, should I start Arian Foster or Eddie Lacy as my RB2? I'm leaning towards Foster as Lacy has been a disappointment so far although I suspect he will go off any game now..

i'd say yes.

Theo Riddick@CHI or Spiller@ATL for RB2? Everything seems to point to Spiller, but he's been producing almost nothing, so I'm leaning toward taking a flyer on Riddick.

I'm liking Riddick, havent followed Spiller much... but i'm a fan of T.Riddick. not sure if I see him as a rb2.... but he's done well recently, without any TDs...if you're in ppr go riddick imo.

Spiller isn't really getting enough work to be reliable. He's averaging only 5 touches a game. You're basically just going to be praying he breaks another long run and scores.

Riddick has caught at least 5 balls in each game over the last 4 weeks, which is a decent floor in PPR. He's averaging 9 touches a game over that span. While not a desirable option, I'd say he's definitely a safer bet than Spiller.

I'm liking Riddick, havent followed Spiller much... but i'm a fan of T.Riddick. not sure if I see him as a rb2.... but he's done well recently, without any TDs...if you're in ppr go riddick imo.

Spiller isn't really getting enough work to be reliable. He's averaging only 5 touches a game. You're basically just going to be praying he breaks another long run and scores.

Riddick has caught at least 5 balls in each game over the last 4 weeks, which is a decent floor in PPR. He's averaging 9 touches a game over that span. While not a desirable option, I'd say he's definitely a safer bet than Spiller.

Thanks, I'm going to grab him and start him. Non-PPR league, but he still seems to have better upside than Spiller.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Non PPR league

Dion Lewis or Chris Ivory?

Leaning towards Ivory but Dion has been so good this year. Feels like its going to be more of a Blount game if past Pats / Colts games are any indication, but its always hard to tell with BB.

This is my first year trying fantasy football. Could you guys help a noob out and recommend two rb starters out of these three:

Adrian Peterson MN vs KC

Dion Lewis NE @ IND

Duke Johnson Jr. CLE vs DEN

I began horribly going 0-4, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Thanks!

This is my first year trying fantasy football. Could you guys help a noob out and recommend two rb starters out of these three:

Adrian Peterson MN vs KC

Dion Lewis NE @ IND

I began horribly going 0-4, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Thanks!

I'd go Peterson and Lewis. Indy's D is awful while Denvers is the best in the league.

Apath

Alfred Morris or Matt Jones as RB2? Redskins backfield is a crap shoot and I've picked wrong each week.

And would anyone start Anquan Boldin over Dante Moncrief?

Tom Nook

So much for the duel threat WR squad of A. Brown and OBJ.

OBJ with hamstring injury and Brown being dependent on Big Ben.

mr2xxx

Banned
Alfred Morris or Matt Jones as RB2? Redskins backfield is a crap shoot and I've picked wrong each week.

And would anyone start Anquan Boldin over Dante Moncrief?

I'd go with Jones just because he is more likely to get the goal line carries but I'd avoid both against the Jets D.

Tom Nook

Adrian Peterson MN vs KC

Dion Lewis NE @ IND

LOL, I was bad in my first year.

Peterson & Lewis.

Tip: Look at the opponents, avoid the one with the strongest DEF

Edwardo

Non PPR league

Dion Lewis or Chris Ivory?

Leaning towards Ivory but Dion has been so good this year. Feels like its going to be more of a Blount game if past Pats / Colts games are any indication, but its always hard to tell with BB.

Lewis was limited at practice today with an abdominal injury so just keep an eye on him.

0.5 PPR - 10-team league.

Big dilemma, WR-wise.

WR1: Julio Jones
WR2: [fill in]

I don't want to play Julio on short week, but I have to as I can't rely on my WR2 (Jeffery).

On my bench, I have Jeffery (who I may still play but that's likely going to be a game time decision), Allen Hurns, Willie Snead and Kendall Wright.

I want to play Snead, but afraid to put too many eggs into a Thursday night game (where offense typically underperforms). I'd play Hurns, but he may be injured and I also have Teal Julius as my starting TE so don't want to go overboard on JAX. Kendall Wright is too boom-bust and MIA (who they are playing) may be rejuvenated at this point under the new coach...

0.5 PPR - 10-team league.
I want to play Snead, but afraid to put too many eggs into a Thursday night game (where offense typically underperforms). I'd play Hurns, but he may be injured and I also have Teal Julius as my starting TE so don't want to go overboard on JAX. Kendall Wright is too boom-bust and MIA (who they are playing) may be rejuvenated at this point under the new coach...

I have no problem starting Hurns. Texans are just not good. I feel like the Titans are going to hammer the Dolphins but there is that that "new coach, after bye week" concern for sure.

Lewis or Ingram for my RB2 spot?

It's a wash. Ingram is safer, Lewis has higher upside.

Pick two

Ingram
Gore
West
Yeldon

Ingram, Gore. Yeldon is hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom