• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Looks like OBJ may not be playing Monday...

Which Monday WR should I pickup just in case?

Dwayne Harris or Jordan Matthews.

It seems Matthews is the obvious pick but he's not been productive while Harris has been with R Randle dealing with injures.

id say matthews. he may have some drops, but his targets are still there. we know he has the talent... it'll click for him at least once this season...

I have Houston & Cleveland's defenses. Both have underperformed big time this year.

Minnesota is available on the Free Agent wire.

Should I pick them up? If so, who do I drop?

VoxPop

Stefon Diggs 2% owned

Antonio Brown-esque combine numbers

'X' receiver in Norv Turner offense ala Josh Gordon

10 Targets when only playing 55% of snaps last week for 72 yards

Starting 'X' receiver Charles Johnson out this week

Going against the league worst pass defense in KC

Mike Wallace praising him saying he's a better WR than him

get em boys

Striker

Looks like OBJ may not be playing Monday...

Which Monday WR should I pickup just in case?

Dwayne Harris or Jordan Matthews.

It seems Matthews is the obvious pick but he's not been productive while Harris has been with R Randle dealing with injures.
He'll play. Even if he's not 100%. Using him as a decoy still frees up some other people.

prag16

Banned
He'll play. Even if he's not 100%. Using him as a decoy still frees up some other people.

That's the problem. In my most serious, highest buy-in league, I have OBJ, and Rueben Randle on my bench.

I'm almost thinking Randle might be the way to go regardless of whether Beckham suits up. If he's out there as a decoy on a snap count, that does me no good. Luckily, I'm playing the worst team in the league this week; his team is brutally bad; I was favored by 35 in projections until Brees/Snead underperformed last night. I hopefully won't even need anything come Monday night..

Neither Brown's nor Diggs' combine numbers were that great.

Yeah, I was gonna point this out too. Brown's one of those guys that vastly outperforms his measurables. Lots of guys had Antonio Brown combine measurables. Hell, looking at his numbers he can bench less reps and ran a slower 40 than me when I played rugby in college, and he's smaller too. Yet here I sit on my couch like a chump. Though there is a rugby player in the NFL now I hear.

I hate these "pro comparisons" that are often listed alongside draft profiles. It's totally meaningless.

Instro

Who should I start at RB

Melvin Gordon @GB
CJ Anderson @CLE
Ameer Abdullah @CHI

All of them kind of a crapshoot at this point. Gordon appears to be coming on in the pass game at least, but that matchup seems terrible. The other two have better matchups, but their teams are a mess offensively.

Also I have Barnridge and Olsen available at TE, not sure who to start this week, and frankly I need to trade one of these dudes for a receiver or running back but I'm not sure who to trade at this point.

Thanks - any idea on the trade idea I was sent or am proposing?

Sorry for the late reply. Umm it's definitely not a bad trade. Cobb's got a shoulder issue but that shouldn't be a problem. I do however like Marshall more for the time being. If you look at their schedule they play A LOT of bad pass D's. Then again Cobb has Rodgers.
It's up to you but if it were me I'd be a little higher on Marshall. I guess you'd put Ameer above Ellington but he has looked awful the last 2 weeks. Ellington just won't be getting the touches you want. If I were you I'd stick with your players for now. If you can get Dion Lewis in your second proposed trade I would however do that. As much as i hate the Pats that offense is unstoppable.

Who should I start at RB

Melvin Gordon @GB
CJ Anderson @CLE
Ameer Abdullah @CHI

All of them kind of a crapshoot at this point. Gordon appears to be coming on in the pass game at least, but that matchup seems terrible. The other two have better matchups, but their teams are a mess offensively.

Also I have Barnridge and Olsen available at TE, not sure who to start this week, and frankly I need to trade one of these dudes for a receiver or running back but I'm not sure who to trade at this point.

I would start Gordon and CJ.
Olsen over Barnidge. Cleveland is playing the Denver D.
As awful as that offense has looked their D is playing incredibly well. So far they've only allowed double digit points to 1 QB this year.

Instro

I would start Gordon and CJ.
Olsen over Barnidge. Cleveland is playing the Denver D.
As awful as that offense has looked their D is playing incredibly well. So far they've only allowed double digit points to 1 QB this year.

Should clarify I only need one of the 3RBs, other RB spot is filled by Arian Foster. I'm pretty much thinking the same on the TE situation, Seattle D is tough, but Denver is tougher.

If Jeffery can't go tomorrow, I need an emergency starter at WR.

Best options I immediately saw were Marvin Jones or Ted Ginn. Any suggestions of who to look for?

Hazelhurst

If Jeffery can't go tomorrow, I need an emergency starter at WR.

Best options I immediately saw were Marvin Jones or Ted Ginn. Any suggestions of who to look for?

I'm kind of in the same spot. That's a coin toss between those two. I think Marvin has the potential for more targets. However, Ginn has the potentials for TDs.

phanphare

Banned
who to start?

Jarvis Landry @ Tennessee
Anquan Boldin vs. Baltimore

Boldin has been hit or miss but I think Baltimore could be a good match up for him. they give up a lot to WRs. you'd think after the game against the Giants Kaep will try to get Boldin going again but who fucking knows with that team.

however Landry has been more consistent and hopefully that offense trends upwards after a meh start to the season. he still doesn't have a TD yet this season though. also I think Tennessee's defense looks more formidable on paper compared to Baltimore's but I feel like that's inflated a lot due to their game against Tampa week 1.

Should clarify I only need one of the 3RBs, other RB spot is filled by Arian Foster. I'm pretty much thinking the same on the TE situation, Seattle D is tough, but Denver is tougher.

Then I would go with Gordon over the other 2.
Seattles pass D is great but usually against WR's. I have Eifert on my team and he destroyed them last week but that was mostly because they were focused on AJ

What are you talking about?

He did better this week than last and he was only a few points down from where he finished the week before. He netted me 35 in my PPR league. His high this season was 42.

Edit: When was the last time a RB or any player had this much of an incredible run in a four week span?

He's scored 146 points for me in the last four weeks. 9 TD's, 462 rushing yards and 233 Receiving yards with 25 receptions. Absolutely mind blowing.

Bell had a similar 4 game stretch last year. Dengelo Williams in I believe 2008 had probably the best 8 week stretch since LT,
Freeman's performance so far reminds me of him.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So I want to bench Travis Benajmin this week. Going up against Denver, I just don't see him doing much. Been stashing DeSean Jackson and he might return this week. Picked up Crowder in case he doesn't.

Thoughts?

Ptaaty

who to start?

Jarvis Landry @ Tennessee
Anquan Boldin vs. Baltimore

Boldin has been hit or miss but I think Baltimore could be a good match up for him. they give up a lot to WRs. you'd think after the game against the Giants Kaep will try to get Boldin going again but who fucking knows with that team.

however Landry has been more consistent and hopefully that offense trends upwards after a meh start to the season. he still doesn't have a TD yet this season though. also I think Tennessee's defense looks more formidable on paper compared to Baltimore's but I feel like that's inflated a lot due to their game against Tampa week 1.

I have this exact same dilemma. My thoughts are that the consistency of targets/catches for Landry means you start him PPR (slight edge), but for standard league start Boldin. Wild card is I see Dophins coach change leading to being more balanced - more running, but probably less throwing (but more effective when they do).

Ptaaty

So I want to bench Travis Benajmin this week. Going up against Denver, I just don't see him doing much. Been stashing DeSean Jackson and he might return this week. Picked up Crowder in case he doesn't.

Thoughts?

Desean homerun balls mean if he plays, I would start him in standard.

PPR - take benjamin, he gets tons of targets.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Desean homerun balls mean if he plays, I would start him in standard.

PPR - take benjamin, he gets tons of targets.

I've got several stashed players I'm hopping pay off when back from injury in the next few weeks.

Not against the best corners in the NFL he won't.

That's my concern. Thankfully, I also have Denver's D and I'm hoping they get a shutout at some point this year.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Am I crazy for thinking of benching Antonio brown to some wr3 steffan diggs?

Depends... Youll probably have better odds of anotio brown breaking off and pulling some crazy play than diggs... But i know its been frustrating with vick - i have brown too. But no bench filler.

UberTag

Bell had a similar 4 game stretch last year. Dengelo Williams in I believe 2008 had probably the best 8 week stretch since LT,
Freeman's performance so far reminds me of him.
I can see Freeman's yardage contribution remaining consistent throughout the remainder of this season but the touchdown pace? That has to regress because of how much of an anomaly it is compared to the rest of the league.

He's had 9 TDs through four weeks. At best you shouldn't be expecting anything more than 6-8 touchdowns through the remaining 6 games he plays until the fantasy playoffs. Of course, you really shouldn't be expecting more than that from any player apart from your QBs or a special talent like Gronk.

UberTag

I can't see any reason to bench Palmer at all this year.
At least unless he's playing the Broncos or the wheels fall off.
Dude's an elite quarterback. The NFL told me so.

NYR

Carson vs Pitt or

Luck vs NE

E:: I think DJax out. I have him on Yahoo and it shows 0 for projected
I would go with your stud. You know they will be behind in that game, so they will throw. You drafted Luck to play him, don't let him rot on your bench.

Carson vs Pitt or

Luck vs NE

E:: I think DJax out. I have him on Yahoo and it shows 0 for projected

I have a similar decision between Bradford vs Giants and Luck. Bradford has been a beast the last two weeks but I just can't not start my number 1 QB against a team he wants to crush. I'm going with Luck today.

Total doofus question, but does streaming defenses actually work? It feels shaky because anything can happen.

That said I have the steelers defense and a bad feeling about today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom