• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmmick

Need help with my PPR league. Tyler Eifert against the bills or Greg Olsen against the sea hawks? Bobby Wagner is banged up, but Cam fucking sucks playing against Seattle.

gimmmick

Anyone sitting Antonio Brown this week? If so, who are you playing over him?

Thinking maybe Anquan Boldin?

I think Pitts is going to be run heavy against the cards (esp how beat up that line is right now, and how good their DBs are). Probably a smart move you are benching Brown because Vick is just not throwing the ball to him the past couple of weeks. Ride the waiver wire and pick up Hurns from the jags. I do not trust 49er recievers

phanphare

Banned
Anyone sitting Antonio Brown this week? If so, who are you playing over him?

Thinking maybe Anquan Boldin?

I'm hoping boldin has another good showing. baltimore should be a good match up for the 49ers' passing game.

Need help with my PPR league. Tyler Eifert against the bills or Greg Olsen against the sea hawks? Bobby Wagner is banged up, but Cam fucking sucks playing against Seattle.

eifert all day. I say that as a Panthers fan. you don't want any part of that low scoring game unless you play either team's defense.

gimmmick

This is my first year trying fantasy football. Could you guys help a noob out and recommend two rb starters out of these three:

Adrian Peterson MN vs KC

Dion Lewis NE @ IND

Duke Johnson Jr. CLE vs DEN

I began horribly going 0-4, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Thanks!

Peterson and Lewis. Duke is only average 3.1 yards per carry and is usually RB2 to Crowell. Though don't be surprised if Lewis doesn't get as much touches at Blount this Sunday. With that shitty DLine of Indy, I will not be surprised if Blount has like 4 touchdowns.

goober

I think Pitts is going to be run heavy against the cards (esp how beat up that line is right now, and how good their DBs are). Probably a smart move you are benching Brown because Vick is just not throwing the ball to him the past couple of weeks. Ride the waiver wire and pick up Hurns from the jags. I do not trust 49er recievers

Hurns isn't available lol. Other WR1 I see on the wire is Mike Wallace. But the matchup is tasty with Boldin.

Hurns isn't available lol. Other WR1 I see on the wire is Mike Wallace. But the matchup is tasty with Boldin.

Wilson could have another big day VS DET especially with Jefferies and Royal banged up. Harris could be nice if ODB and/or Randle are out.

But I'd have a hard time benching Brown for any FA unless they just had an overwhelming obvious matchup to exploit.

Ptaaty

Damn freeman is giving me another 27pts. Riding Freeman train so hard

I know its been insane. I grabbed him as an FA right before he blew up and already had Bell.

I've been playing for about 50 years and don't remember any streak (at least non QB) like Freemans...this is crazy.

goober

Wilson could have another big day VS DET especially with Jefferies and Royal banged up. Harris could be nice if ODB and/or Randle are out.

But I'd have a hard time benching Brown for any FA unless they just had an overwhelming obvious matchup to exploit.

Brown is also facing Patrick Peterson with Vick at QB. I know he's a stud, but Vick doesn't look his way.

D23

I know its been insane. I grabbed him as an FA right before he blew up and already had Bell.

I've been playing for about 50 years and don't remember any streak (at least non QB) like Freemans...this is crazy.

This is my first time playing fantasy football and I feel like Freeman is my beginners luck. Damn. So glad I got him as FA week 1 lmao. Guys in my league are offering me real money to get him Lol

This is my first time playing fantasy football and I feel like Freeman is my beginners luck. Damn. So glad I got him as FA week 1 lmao. Guys in my league are offering me real money to get him Lol

Yo, first time playing fantasy football too. In a league with my coworkers. They are PISSED

I have Freeman and I can't believe his streak is still ongoing. I'm decimating people with my team but it is only an 8 team league. First person to hit 200+ points though. Felt good

Paskil

I picked up Freeman in the 13th round of our live draft. So fucking good. I'm 5-0 right now.

Best 13th round draft pick ever.

sdRY65Z.jpg

UraMallas

I drafted Freeman in both my leagues and I have been killing with him. Have Ingram in one of my leagues, too, so I am really rolling.

NateDrake

Eh, he does ok for me. ESPN projects him for way too much, but I only expect him to do like 10-12 points a game. He's not a key player or anything.

I got 8.1 from him tonight - projected for an insane 15.8. Had I not started him I was going to toss either Theo Riddick or Jordan Cameron in my FLEX spot.

Tom Nook

Every time I see Freeman getting a monster game, I'm sad. He's in my original lineup but needed a TE because J Thomas is hurt. Dropped Freeman and picked up...... Jordan Cameron.

I got 8.1 from him tonight - projected for an insane 15.8. Had I not started him I was going to toss either Theo Riddick or Jordan Cameron in my FLEX spot.

Yeah, that's what I got from him too. I basically expect average numbers for him, and if he scores, great. He's a decent spot filler. I know he won't flame out like others; he'll get some catches. I've got Brady, Forte, Freeman, and the Denver D to get me the majority of my points.

Yo, speaking of that, the Denver defense is ridiculous this year. They've gotten me so many damn points. I benched them Week 1 for the Vikings defense because I'm a Vikings fan, and lost because of it. Never again! :p

Every time I see Freeman getting a monster game, I'm sad. He's in my original lineup but needed a TE because J Thomas is hurt. Dropped Freeman and picked up...... Jordan Cameron.

OOF. That hurts, but my experience with the TE position is that it's a real pain in the ass. Not much you could've done in that one.

In the battle of the Hail Mary RBs... Standard league.

Joique Bell vs.Chicago
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. New England

Bradshaw will be thrown right in the offense he's familiar with and should get 6-7 receptions in a blowout, Joique Bell is back facing a weak Chicago run D... decisions, decisions. I feel this is going to come down to if Detroit can play from ahead.

Paskil

Had to be an earlyish draft with him getting Brady in the 8th...makes up for that Wilson 2nd round pick :p

Yeah, it was before his suspension was overturned. Russell was a terrible pick, as was Ball. You can barely see him, but Eifert was a pretty great late TE grab.

nahlakhai

Was able to pick up Freeman in week 2 because I was #2 on the waiver. Combined with OBJ, Keenan Allen, Latavius Murray, Joseph Randle and now Gurley, my team is on a 4 win streak and off to a good start this week.

Jimmy Graham needs to step it up for me though. Oh and I have Dez waiting to come back.

Evilracoon.jpg

Well he scored less than 30 this week so it looks like the party is finally coming to a end for Freeman owners.

prag16

Banned
I continue to find Devonta baffling. He was terrible last year, and couldn't beat out the rookie Coleman this year until Coleman got injured. And how here are are four weeks later...

Coleman looks better on the "eye test" to me from everything I've seen so far this year. The line has obviously stepped it up which helps everybody.

I still can't take him seriously as an alleged top 5 back.

UberTag

In the battle of the Hail Mary RBs... Standard league.

Joique Bell vs.Chicago
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. New England

Bradshaw will be thrown right in the offense he's familiar with and should get 6-7 receptions in a blowout, Joique Bell is back facing a weak Chicago run D... decisions, decisions. I feel this is going to come down to if Detroit can play from ahead.
That's something they haven't really been able to do all season long.
I don't like Bradshaw at all if Luck doesn't play... but I think I'd still lean his way over Joique if Luck suits up.
He had no less than 9 touches/targets per game for the Colts last season and typically did a solid job with the looks he got.

But in a standard league he's not going to return real value unless he scores.
And, to be fair, they didn't have Gore last season either. They had the disaster known as Trent Truck and Boom Herron.

I just have little to no confidence about any part of the Lions offense right now. Even in what should be a cake match-up.

toneroni

Damn, all this Freeman love gets me down since I dropped him after week 1 for an injury replacement I think. I'm still 4-1 in that league and have Dez coming back.

I started hankerson at flex by accident by was thinking of using Lamar Miller or Chris Johnson instead - hope it doesn't come down to the wire.

PPR league trade proposal sent to me:
Cobb/Abdullah for my Bradon Marshall/Ellington
He needs a QB badly with Peyton struggling and has no wr/RB depth. I'm not sure Abdullah gets better.

I was thinking of countering with something like:
My Tannehill/Moncreif/Ellington for Dion Lewis (or AP but doubt it)
Maybe do a big trade like:
My Tannehill/Marshall/Ellington/Moncreif/CJ?k or Lamar Miller for Lewis and Cobb.

What do you guys think? Am I being greedy?
My team is pretty decent in this league : 10 team PPR
2qb: Luck/Tannehill/McCown
3wr: Hopkins/Marshall/Arob/Moncreif/Hankerson/Dez!
2rb: Arian/Blount/CJ/Ellington/Lamar Miller/rRiddick
Te:Clay
2 flex

Not too worried if I trade or not. Just want to upgrade a bit at RB and TE if I can.

More worried about my other league where I'm 2-3 and banking on Jimmy Graham. Also have 2 injured QBs - Tyrod and Big Ben. Should I trade Big Ben for Tannehill?

Edwardo

Damn. My opponent didn't have anyone good to start for his flex this week, so he traded away Todd Gurley for Larry Fitz. :|

Wads

Banned
Freeman is saving my ace for sure. Had charleas and foster. Freeman continuing to mitigates losing charles. Hope he keeps it up! My other team I lost charles with is an absolute dumpster fire. This team lost romo, drafted McCoy, has Mike Evans, Alfred Morris, and Sammy Watkins. I don't have a single guy started in over 60% of yahoo leagues on that team...

Well he scored less than 30 this week so it looks like the party is finally coming to a end for Freeman owners.

What are you talking about?

He did better this week than last and he was only a few points down from where he finished the week before. He netted me 35 in my PPR league. His high this season was 42.

Edit: When was the last time a RB or any player had this much of an incredible run in a four week span?

He's scored 146 points for me in the last four weeks. 9 TD's, 462 rushing yards and 233 Receiving yards with 25 receptions. Absolutely mind blowing.

What are you talking about?

He did better this week than last and he was only a few points down from where he finished the week before. He netted me 35 in my PPR league. His high this season was 42.

Edit: When was the last time a RB or any player had this much of an incredible run in a four week span?

He's scored 146 points for me in the last four weeks. 9 TD's, 462 rushing yards and 233 Receiving yards with 25 receptions. Absolutely mind blowing.
original.jpg

It's funny looking back at pre-season rankings and the consensus opinion on ATL backs was a shoulder shrug. Coleman is a more talented rookie while Freeman is the incumbent. Whoever wins out will they even be worth it with Shanahan offense throwing from behind with Jones and company.

ATL has the easiest schedule in the league too. They face 2 more teams with winning records this year. Should be the Freeman show all season long.

Damn, all this Freeman love gets me down since I dropped him after week 1 for an injury replacement I think. I'm still 4-1 in that league and have Dez coming back.

I started hankerson at flex by accident by was thinking of using Lamar Miller or Chris Johnson instead - hope it doesn't come down to the wire.

PPR league trade proposal sent to me:
Cobb/Abdullah for my Bradon Marshall/Ellington
He needs a QB badly with Peyton struggling and has no wr/RB depth. I'm not sure Abdullah gets better.

I was thinking of countering with something like:
My Tannehill/Moncreif/Ellington for Dion Lewis (or AP but doubt it)
Maybe do a big trade like:
My Tannehill/Marshall/Ellington/Moncreif/CJ?k or Lamar Miller for Lewis and Cobb.

What do you guys think? Am I being greedy?
My team is pretty decent in this league : 10 team PPR
2qb: Luck/Tannehill/McCown
3wr: Hopkins/Marshall/Arob/Moncreif/Hankerson/Dez!
2rb: Arian/Blount/CJ/Ellington/Lamar Miller/rRiddick
Te:Clay
2 flex

Not too worried if I trade or not. Just want to upgrade a bit at RB and TE if I can.

More worried about my other league where I'm 2-3 and banking on Jimmy Graham. Also have 2 injured QBs - Tyrod and Big Ben. Should I trade Big Ben for Tannehill?

I would not be trading Ben if I were you. He should be coming back next week.
It wasn't a significant injury either so he should be 100% by then. Miami has looked terrible this season as well

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
god damn hankerson...more like cankersore. two weeks now... effing me over.

roddy white musta done a lot of bitching in the locker room to get those first half targets.

my opponent had julio jones, Snead, and motherfucking streamed watson! WHYYYYYYY. god damnit.

i already am going to lose this week. i just know it. my team is in such a slump atm.

hurry back -your my only hope big ben (kenobi)

Tom Nook

Looks like OBJ may not be playing Monday...

Which Monday WR should I pickup just in case?

Dwayne Harris or Jordan Matthews.

It seems Matthews is the obvious pick but he's not been productive while Harris has been with R Randle dealing with injures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom