• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApes

Woke up too late and didn't change Yeldon for Miller.

I deserve to take the L. :(
Yeldon been iffy all week. Should have been made the switch. You def deserve the L.

God bless Deandre Hopkins.

Also, God bless my friend for trading me Deandre and Odell Beckham for Carson Palmer, Ameer Abdullah and Ronnie Hillman.
Wow. This is a terrible trade. Your friend must have been really desperate.

UberTag

Jesus, I'm about to just drop Lacy. What a fucking bust.
He's had a really nice schedule this year, too.
Should be killing the clock in all of these Packer wins yet might as well be invisible.
I don't own him in any leagues... but, if I did, I'd be fuming.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My opponent has had a great run in the afternoon. And Allen still has the 2nd half to go.

I need Gronk to have a big night or I might lose. Also have Moncrief for Indi. So if it becomes a shootout, I'm good with that.

UberTag

Manning hasn't been startable for weeks. I'll have to check after this week, but I'm pretty sure he's the worst fantasy quarterback in the league so far.
I'm trying to think of a QB I'd prefer to start Manning over.

Vick would have been one. But he just lost his starting job.
Hoyer? Nah, Hopkins will at least keep him somewhat worthwhile.
I think maybe Alex Smith now that Charles is gone.
Probably Cassel until we see whether he's capable of anything in Dallas. Would rather play Peyton over him.
I think I like Peyton more than Kirk Cousins.
Perhaps Winston. I mean, Winston's consistent but if you're looking for upside it's not there.
I probably like Peyton over Nick Foles most weeks.

And I think that's about it.

NYR

Jesus, I'm about to just drop Lacy. What a fucking bust.

He's had a really nice schedule this year, too.
Should be killing the clock in all of these Packer wins yet might as well be invisible.
I don't own him in any leagues... but, if I did, I'd be fuming.
He'll have three 30 point games at the end of the season when you won't even be plying, use of that, will be back near the top of next years draft. Same thing happened last year, he stunk the first half and turned it on during the 2nd half.

UberTag

Keenan Allen has been a monster for me all season long.
Seems like he's elevated himself BEYOND monster status today.
The Packers simply have no answer for him.

I appear to have stumbled upon the trick to get Jonathan Stewart to finally produce.
All I need to do is bench him and the Panthers finally decide to utilize him.
I'm sure once I decide to take him off my bench he'll disappoint like he has the rest of this season.

182Ways

Wtf is up with Lacy? I can't watch the game where I'm at - is he even touching the ball? Watching my 30-point lead dwindle to nothing because he's not doing anything.

I have in my 12 team, money league:
D Thomas
Keenan Allen
John Brown
Traded for Mart. Bryant
Dez Bryant

Not a bad problem to have for selecting my lineup each week

UberTag

Wtf is up with Lacy? I can't watch the game where I'm at - is he even touching the ball? Watching my 30-point lead dwindle to nothing because he's not doing anything.
Based on the discussion in the Lacy thread on FootballGuys.com, he's adopted the Josh Freeman Taco Bell diet and simply has no juice any more.

They haven't resorted to LenDale White comparisons yet... but it's only a matter of time.
And even at his tubbiest, LenDale could still get some usage falling across the one-yard line to score TDs simply due to his massive girth.
Unfortunately, Green Bay already has a guy that specializes in doing just that by the name of John Kuhn.

Herbs

Banned
He'll have three 30 point games at the end of the season when you won't even be plying, use of that, will be back near the top of next years draft. Same thing happened last year, he stunk the first half and turned it on during the 2nd half.

I mean, I'm holding him cuz my options are limited and I've been winning without him but fuck it's annoying.

UberTag

Greg motherfucking Olsen. Thought I would regret playing him over Barnidge.
You should trade one of those guys. Or have your second Tight End play in the flex spot.
I'm sure you have plenty of owners in your league thirsty for consistent TE production.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I hate being glad about injuries, but if Allen has to sit the rest of the game, I'm not going to complain.

So I want to bench Travis Benjamin this week. Going up against Denver, I just don't see him doing much. Been stashing DeSean Jackson and he might return this week. Picked up Crowder in case he doesn't.

Thoughts?

Well, this was a bad idea. Crowder sucked this week, and Benjamin managed to rack up 20 points. That's 12 points I left on the bench.

VoxPop

You should trade one of those guys. Or have your second Tight End play in the flex spot.
I'm sure you have plenty of owners in your league thirsty for consistent TE production.

Yeah I've been trying to but my league is extremely stingy with trades unless it benefits them completely. I definitely need help at RB since I'm running DeMarco, Doug Martin, and Christine Michael. This game should definitely improve his stock. We can't play TE at FLEX in this league or I would have been doing that :p

UberTag

My opponent played all his players and I'm 24pts behind with L Blount and OBJ left.

comeback?
Depends on whether OBJ plays or not. I don't like your chances if you're in standard scoring. PPR, I think you're pretty solid.
Also, Blount has traditionally had monster games against Indy... at least in the TD department. Not so much the yardage department.

Darkman M

I'm up 19 with my opponent having OBJ and Pats defense left. I really need Obj to sit out or have a shit game. Hopefully tonight's game is a defenseless shootout.

If I didn't already have Foster, Yeldon and Lewis on my roster I'd be so pissed about Lacy... but I can't be mad with my RB depth. He will ride my bench until further notice.

GrapeApes

He had Romo as his only QB and I stashed Carson behind Rodgers. Pretty pleased with how this turned out as my starting WRs are OBJ, Hopkins and Antonio Brown.

Why trade for a QB when cats like Blake Bortles are getting double digit scores? QB is a streamable position. Only way I would trade for one is if the league was 12+ or a 2 QB league.

Time for me to officially panic about Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb. The Packers O has looked a bit off these past few weeks but man this was alarming. Cobb had a crucial drop, and Lacy is barely involved right now.

Time for me to officially panic about Eddie Lacy and Randall Cobb. The Packers O has looked a bit off these past few weeks but man this was alarming. Cobb had a crucial drop, and Lacy is barely involved right now.

Well, you will have a long time to stew.

Week 7: Bye
Week 8: vs. Broncos (6-0)
Week 9: vs. Panthers (5-0)

So they get two weeks to heal up and sort out any issues, but you'll find out how high octane the offense is right away as the Broncos are no joke.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Tomorrow's game is going to be a nail biter.

I'm up by just under 15. Opponent still has OBJ to play, but he's hurt and didn't practice this week. So even if he plays he might be held back. I have the Giant's kicker.

Overreact much? You (we) have Gronk, a TE that might as well be a WR, that's far and away the #1 TE. Be thankful!

His numbers the last 3 games have not been that good. He hasn't been getting the big numbers you'd expect from him (or he was getting at the start of the season).

nillapuddin

jesus, this freaking game

MRmhxzD.png

A. My fucking bench.
B. is 50 points enough cushion for that NYG love train ya think?
C. My fucking bench.

Tom Nook

Here's the scenario after Sunday night football, my opponent players all played and I'm only down by 1 point and I have OBJ left with Matthews on the bench. Here's my delima, would it be smart move to start Jordan Matthews over OBJ? Even if OBJ does play, I think he'll just be a decoy and get no targets, Matthews can get just 1 point and no fumbles, right?

UberTag

Here's the scenario after Sunday night football, my opponent players all played and I'm only down by 1 point and I have OBJ left with Matthews on the bench. Here's my delima, would it be smart move to start Jordan Matthews over OBJ? Even if OBJ does play, I think he'll just be a decoy and get no targets, Matthews can get just 1 point and no fumbles, right?
That would be the smart move, IMO.
In your situation, you want the player with the higher floor.
Clearly that's the player who isn't hurt who averages 6 receptions per game.

nillapuddin

I won't celebrate just yet, Manning could get a big game at 40pts and OBJ toughing it out it for 11pts.

Im not celebrating, Im honestly expecting to lose, I saw Eli numbers lately, holy crap.

A win would be amazing, the undefeated team lost this week, so I could be tied for first again. I just cant believe how huge my bench guys were. and how stupid I am considering every single one of them outperformed the starter

Can we all agree that Travis Benjamin is a top 15 receiver now? It's weird to me that he's only ranked around 35 in most fantasy rankings. I just offered James Jones and Moncrief for him in my league. Jones is a bust if he doesn't reach the end zone, too risky.

I'm also looking at packaging Megatron and Lacy for someone... most likely Gurley. Thoughts?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
finally john brown breaking out, and thats without TDs even...hoping his train keeps going. a little worried with Floyd coming back...

i've had such bad luck in my league... am 2-4...one of the highest pt earners...

and yet 3 of my losses my opponent put up their seasonal best so far...and the other loss, the guy was the #1 most pts of the week and i had the #2.

so pissed. theres people who are like 4-2 whos weekly avg is 105.. when my avg is like 125. so frustrating!!

Vick killed Brown and my team these last weeks. hoping big ben plays asap.

Just need Bradford to score less than 24 points and I'm golden. My all out Jags offense (Bortles, Robinson, Thomas) seemed to have worked out well for me this week.

NYR

jesus, this freaking game

MRmhxzD.png

A. My fucking bench.
B. is 50 points enough cushion for that NYG love train ya think?
C. My fucking bench.
You would have been a fool to start any of those WRs over that duo. You made the right call, don't take it personal or subjectively, you played the best players and unfortunately, they choked and your scrubs finally had big weeks.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
So it's 92.3 me vs 93.3 my opponent; he has DeMarco Murray, I have Jordan Matthews. Think I can eke out a win?

you have a chance... but i think you'll lose. murra is hit or miss. matthews drops far too many right now... either could go off though.

sorry dude, hope i'm wrong!

nillapuddin

You would have been a fool to start any of those WRs over that duo. You made the right call, don't take it personal or subjectively, you played the best players and unfortunately, they choked and your scrubs finally had big weeks.

oh yeah no doubt. I literally flip flopped on Eifert and Brown til the last hour but thats the only one. I was absolutely confident in all the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom