• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptaaty

My closest win ever, won by 0.3 points. Guy I played had Murray - I won because he slid twice to keep clock running.

We both had huge games - 146.X in standard scoring 10 team, 1 QB.

Need a little advice here (12 team, standard league). I have Eifert and Brandon McManus on bye next week, and I don't want to drop either of them (McManus has been killing it), but I need to make space on the team so I can grab a rental TE and K. I'm going to drop Spiller because he's been useless, but I need to drop someone else too. Here are my options:

Theo Riddick - just picked him up, and he'll be a good sub when Lynch has a bye in two weeks. Not a stud, but a good bench backup.
Thomas Rawls - I only have him as the cuff for Lynch. I don't think Lynch will make it the whole way this season, so I'd like to stash him away just in case.
Golden Tate/Brandin Cooks - they've both underperformed and I have Martavis Bryant and Brandon LaFell stashed on my bench (plus Jarvis Landry), so I'm leaning towards dropping one of these two (specifically Cooks since NO seems to be using every option but him lately).

I'm thinking I can try and drop one of these guys for a week and then hopefully pick him back up a week later for my bench. Obviously someone else could grab him off waivers, so I'd like to drop someone who might still be there in a week. Or am I being nuts trying to carry 2 kickers? Thoughts?

GrapeApes

Keep Lacy or trade him? My other runningbacks are Latavius Murray, Bernard, and Matt Jones. Funny enough, Starks is available as a FA.
Pick up Starks obviously. Good luck getting anything of worth for Lacy right now. I'd give up like a flex guy for Lacy. Maybe a Golden Gate type player. None of my starters.

Tom Nook

Need a little advice here (12 team, standard league). I have Eifert and Brandon McManus on bye next week, and I don't want to drop either of them (McManus has been killing it), but I need to make space on the team so I can grab a rental TE and K. I'm going to drop Spiller because he's been useless, but I need to drop someone else too. Here are my options:

Theo Riddick - just picked him up, and he'll be a good sub when Lynch has a bye in two weeks. Not a stud, but a good bench backup.
Thomas Rawls - I only have him as the cuff for Lynch. I don't think Lynch will make it the whole way this season, so I'd like to stash him away just in case.
Golden Tate/Brandin Cooks - they've both underperformed and I have Martavis Bryant and Brandon LaFell stashed on my bench (plus Jarvis Landry), so I'm leaning towards dropping one of these two (specifically Cooks since NO seems to be using every option but him lately).

I'm thinking I can try and drop one of these guys for a week and then hopefully pick him back up a week later for my bench. Obviously someone else could grab him off waivers, so I'd like to drop someone who might still be there in a week. Or am I being nuts trying to carry 2 kickers? Thoughts?

From a Cooks owner, I say you can drop Cooks. Unless need a WR that can you a least 4 or 5 pts. He had a boom week but that was garbage pts.

Pick up Starks obviously. Good luck getting anything of worth for Lacy right now. I'd give up like a flex guy for Lacy. Maybe a Golden Gate type player. None of my starters.

I did just get offered Jordan Matthews for Lacy. Thinking about going through with the trade and just going with Murray and Bernard as my main RBs with Starks as either a flex or backup.

Nah, it's fine to save a kicker if he's a league leader. It's like DEF, sure you could stream defenses but if your DEF is really that good there's nothing wrong with hanging on. Besides, a lot of awful kickers this year. I have no problem dropping Cooks or Tate at this point though I think Tate has more value if Megatron gets hurt. Cooks is what you see. I have no issue dropping both though if you need specific fill-ins.

nillapuddin

Made a post on reddit about this, seems like an interesting exercise

What is your percentage of Drafted vs Acquired players?

rttD0My.png

So Im at 9 Drafted vs 7 Acquired
The majority of reddit is about the same, near 50/50, how have you guys done?

Oh yeah, and your record, to see the correlation between those who live on the waiver and who drafted awesome

How do you guys feel about Stefon Diggs? I'm thinking about picking him up off waivers.

Should I start Snead, Moncrief or Graham as my flex?

All of my bench RBs are on bye and Yeldon might be injured.

Sorta in the same position as you. Probably going with Golden Tate in flex unless I find an RB I've been overlooking on waivers.

If I were you I'd go with Moncrief.

How do you guys feel about Stefon Diggs? I'm thinking about picking him up off waivers.

Sorta in the same position as you. Probably going with Golden Tate in flex unless I find an RB I've been overlooking on waivers.

If I were you I'd go with Moncrief.

I'd go with Christine Michael instead of Diggs. He is supposed to be getting a shot at the starting RB job in Dallas. I would take a chance on him myself but I need to stream a defense this week.

I'd go with Christine Michael instead of Diggs. He is supposed to be getting a shot at the starting RB job in Dallas. I would take a chance on him myself but I need to stream a defense this week.

Oh cool, thanks. I missed this news. Definitely picking him up first. I might take a risk on Diggs and stash him this week too. I can't see myself playing Rishard Matthews over my other WRs so I might as well.

Edwardo

Hmm, would now be the time to try to trade away Julius Thomas? I feel like I keep bringing this up every week haha. I'm thinking what I could get might not be as good as what he could be for me. He's my flex now, since I have Gates.

Doomsayer

My team is a sad state of affairs right now.

I'm 3-3 but it feels like I'm 1-5.

QB
Andrew Luck
Tyrod Taylor

RB
Jamal Charles (IR - #2 pick in my league) already dropped
CJ Spiller
Chris Ivory
Antonio Andrews (Pending waiver for Ronnie Hillman [bye])
Alfred Morris (Pending waiver for Stefon Diggs)

WR
AJ Green (bye)
Sammy Watkins
Martavis Bryant
Pierre Garcon
Brandin Cooks

TE
Travis Kelce

K
Sturgis
Crosby (pending waiver for Pitt Defense) (Bye week)

DEF
Denver

I'm not sure what do to with this team... I think I need a trade but I don't see anyone with high enough value. Unless I use Bryant for a RB?

Hmm, would now be the time to try to trade away Julius Thomas? I feel like I keep bringing this up every week haha. I'm thinking what I could get might not be as good as what he could be for me. He's my flex now, since I have Gates.

Would like to know the same. I also have Witten and I need to get rid of one of them this week. Hmm...

Would like to know the same. I also have Witten and I need to get rid of one of them this week. Hmm...

I would definitely do it. The Jags have a history of treating TEs as the low volume, red zone guy (basically like JT's old usage in Denver, only with much weaker QBs). He has some upside right now (Robinson is hurt, London game) but also some downside (bruised ribs, London Game). If coverage rolls to deal with the TE you should expect his totals to drop down to the 30 yard mark.

The risk is that Bortles hits him every week for a touchdown because his hands are still great, but I'd feel much better rolling out Gates week-to-week. I think it's a much closer call if you have Witten, since he is inarguably hurt by QB.

Is anyone diving in head first with Christine Michael this week? I need a flex this week with a few guys on bye, and I think I might give him a try over Jonathan Stewart vs Philly's tough run D.

Also: what do you think about the outlook for Bortles?

13 TD's, top 10 QB production so far in fantasy, has good receivers, always playing from behind. Can he keep this up?

I picked him up last week and started him over Cam and Russell (which won me the game), and thinking about finding a way to hold on to him. But also think I might not need to.

My team is a sad state of affairs right now.

To me, this is your team:
QB: Luck
RB: Ivory / Hillman? or Morris
WR: Green / Bryant / Watkins / Diggs?
TE: Kelce
K: Sturgis
DEF: Broncos

These are your trade assets:
QB: Tyrod
WR: Garcon, Cooks
RB: Spiller, maybe

Everything else is waiver fodder. You need to trade Tyrod because he's just taking up space on your roster. I don't really feel Morris is that droppable given your RB issue (unless you get Hillman) but you could suffer through Spiller instead I guess. If you're in a standard 12 teamer I would definitely consider packaging Tyrod and either Watkins or Bryant (much more value, obviously) for a big RB/WR upgrade.

Doomsayer

To me, this is your team:
QB: Luck
RB: Ivory / Hillman? or Morris
WR: Green / Bryant / Watkins / Diggs?
TE: Kelce
K: Sturgis
DEF: Broncos

These are your trade assets:
QB: Tyrod
WR: Garcon, Cooks
RB: Spiller, maybe

Everything else is waiver fodder. You need to trade Tyrod because he's just taking up space on your roster. I don't really feel Morris is that droppable given your RB issue (unless you get Hillman) but you could suffer through Spiller instead I guess. If you're in a standard 12 teamer I would definitely consider packaging Tyrod and either Watkins or Bryant (much more value, obviously) for a big RB/WR upgrade.

This is pretty much my thought process as well. I was going to trade Ivory for a big WR (either Hopkins or Julio Jones) but Charles getting hurt really screwed that up for me.

Hazelhurst

I've got McManus as well. There is no way in hell I would drop him. He's the best kicker in the NFL. I will be getting a second kicker temporarily.

I think you could safely drop either Riddick or Rawls. Riddick is still available in both of my 10 and 12 team leagues.

VoxPop

This is pretty much my thought process as well. I was going to trade Ivory for a big WR (either Hopkins or Julio Jones) but Charles getting hurt really screwed that up for me.

Your WRs are solid enough as is. You're better off trying to upgrade your backfield.

From a Cooks owner, I say you can drop Cooks. Unless need a WR that can you a least 4 or 5 pts. He had a boom week but that was garbage pts.

Nah, it's fine to save a kicker if he's a league leader. It's like DEF, sure you could stream defenses but if your DEF is really that good there's nothing wrong with hanging on. Besides, a lot of awful kickers this year. I have no problem dropping Cooks or Tate at this point though I think Tate has more value if Megatron gets hurt. Cooks is what you see. I have no issue dropping both though if you need specific fill-ins.

I've got McManus as well. There is no way in hell I would drop him. He's the best kicker in the NFL. I will be getting a second kicker temporarily.

I think you could safely drop either Riddick or Rawls. Riddick is still available in both of my 10 and 12 team leagues.

I think I'm going to drop Spiller and Cooks. Riddick is showing up in everyone's "Week 7 Waiver Wire" list, so he might get snapped up if I drop him.

Gonna see what happens with with the Washington TE situation as we get closer to Sunday or add Seferian-Jenkins if he's back or Watson. Slim pickin's for TEs....

mr2xxx

Banned
My RB's for my 10 team PPR league are Bell, Freeman, Gurley, and Ivory. Problem is we can only start two so I'm trying to trade one away to improve my WR core (start 4) of Cobb, A.Robinson, M.Bryant, Moncreif and Wright but fuck these people. The type of trades they would agree to are Julio for Bell+M.Bryant or Ivory+Bryant for Alshon, again fuck these people.

Looking good already this week. My opponent is in bye week hell. He's gotta pick up a QB, RB, and K off waivers and he's dead last in the waiver order.

A bit worried about my Jags pain train this week with them playing in London, but they've sorta got a home field advantage there...right?

Instro

So I have Olsen and Barnidge, who should I trade. I'm thinking Olsen has the better value long term with the amount of targets he gets, but the Browns are certainly a more prolific passing offense.

VoxPop

So I have Olsen and Barnidge, who should I trade. I'm thinking Olsen has the better value long term with the amount of targets he gets, but the Browns are certainly a more prolific passing offense.

I have the same issue with the same TEs. I'd personally get rid of Olsen as Barnidge has been a lot more consistent. He has the benefit of having other threats on the field like Benjamin while Olsen doesn't so he isn't covered as harshly. I''m willing to get rid of either one though if the trade offer is right.

Ptaaty

I'd keep Olsen...he has been a consistent performer beyond just this year and is not in a major slump. Barnidge has been on a magical streak after years in the league of not doing anything. Actually I would try to keep both unless you really can't. They are both worth playing as bye week flex if needed...but TE is an extremely injury prone position.

Ptaaty

Need trade advice, following was proposed:

Giving - Lamar Miller and Travis Benjamin. Getting - Dez Bryant.

I am in a 2 WR, 1 RB, 2 Flex league, standard scoring.

What else I have:

RB: Freeman, Bell, Yeldon, C west.
WR: Marshall, Calvin Johnson, A Robinson, Hurns.

My mantra is always trade two lower position for 1 higher...but rest of season flex rankings (fantasy pros composite) has miller and Bryant 19 and 20. Miller was really solid last year and the new coach put him back to form/usage. Bryant's injury is the same as Kevin Durants and Marvin Jones - both who took a few tries to fix (both ended seasons)...and Romo isn't back.

Thoughts? It really boils down to if Miller is for real vs risk of Bryant

Instro

I'd keep Olsen...he has been a consistent performer beyond just this year and is not in a major slump. Barnidge has been on a magical streak after years in the league of not doing anything. Actually I would try to keep both unless you really can't. They are both worth playing as bye week flex if needed...but TE is an extremely injury prone position.

Normally I would keep both, but I'm really in need of another good RB. No option to use TE as flex in this league anyway.

Ptaaty

Should I drop Mike Wallace for Diggs?

Also is Melvin Gordon droppable at this point?

Diggs has the upside, I would say for sure in ppr and probably in standard. While he possibly could drop to 3rd on the depth chart with Johnson coming back, more likely he will start now.

As much as it pains me as a vikes fan - Bridgewater hasn't shown any vertical threat on a consistent basis limiting Wallace upside. Diggs is an extremely good route runner really hitting the intermediate routes, a perfect fit for Bwater skillset and current vikes offense. He worked over Aquib Talib (denver) and has two solid fantasy days in two starts...in spite of the vikes offense not scoring much at all those games.

GrapeApes

What else I have:

I'd pass. Giving up too much for a receiver whos not going to play for a couple more weeks. A starting RB holds alot of value and especially one who looks to be on a upswing. If you really feel you need another stud receiver offer the same package to whoever has lack of backs and a stud receiver.

Ptaaty

I'd pass. Giving up too much for a receiver whos not going to play for a couple more weeks. A starting RB holds alot of value and especially one who looks to be on a upswing. If you really feel you need another stud receiver offer the same package to whoever has lack of backs and a stud.

Thanks for the input, this is where I am leaning. I offered Yeldon and Benjamin which was much more even I thought and he rejected, I might reject back with my original offer.

If Bryant was coming back from suspension or had a more clear "return from" injury and Romo was there...yeah I do the trade for sure. Just found out Romo probably isn't back until week 11, maybe 12.

That means 1-2 weeks maybe playoffs (assuming full recovery) with the known QB.

VoxPop

What else I have:

My mantra is always trade two lower position for 1 higher...but rest of season flex rankings (fantasy pros composite) has miller and Bryant 19 and 20. Miller was really solid last year and the new coach put him back to form/usage. Bryant's injury is the same as Kevin Durants and Marvin Jones - both who took a few tries to fix (both ended seasons)...and Romo isn't back.

Thoughts? It really boils down to if Miller is for real vs risk of Bryant

Don't do it. Miller is going to be solid from here on out with their new coaching staff. Dez is great but he's going to be without Romo for at least a couple of weeks and Benjamin has been nothing but good. You could definitely use the RB depth with guys like West/Bell/Yeldon on your team.

Apath

Feel like I fucked up on the waiver claim. Had the #3 spot, went in on Steffon Diggs and got him. However Rashad Jennings was available, and I am currently in a pitiful state with my RB situation. Had it set up where Steffon was first and then Rashad, only to have someone else nab him with the #10 spot.

I just hope Steffon kills it his next two games against some horrible defenses so his value spikes and I can maybe trade him for some production at RB.

Currently rocking at WR, for reference:
1. Antonio Brown
2. AJ Green (bye)
3. Keenan Allen (questionable)
4. Donte Moncrief
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Steffon Diggs

RB:
1. Lamar Miller
2. Karlos Williams
3. Matt Jones
4. Alfred Morris

I dropped Tevin Coleman for Steffon, and would have dropped Morris for Rashad.

Currently rocking at WR, for reference:
1. Antonio Brown
2. AJ Green (bye)
3. Keenan Allen (questionable)
4. Donte Moncrief
5. Anquan Boldin
6. Steffon Diggs

RB:
1. Lamar Miller
2. Karlos Williams
3. Matt Jones
4. Alfred Morris

You need to be trading WRs. Like now. As somebody who broke the FAAB bank on Karlos, it hurts me to say this but he is probably a week or two away from IR if he doesn't improve. As it is he didn't make the trip to London and has yet to practice at all. He's actually droppable if you have better options.

Since you don't...you need an RB. Pack Jones or Morris with AJ Green and go shopping.

I need to pick up a fill in WR for this week because of byes. Here what I'm thinking:

Jamison Crowder - vs TB - Jackson is still out
Robert Woods - vs JAC - Watkins and Harvin are out
Michael Floyd - vs BAL

Which would you go with??

I have a starting QB dilemma. I currently have Peyton and Joe Flacco, with Peyton on a bye and sucking ass this year I am stuck with a bunch of mediocre quarterback options. I have Fitzmagic, McCown, and Alex Smith open to go with Flacco. Who would you guys go with at least for this next week?

toneroni

Would you drop Charcandrick West for LaFell? Already dropped Karlos for Steffon Diggs.
Wife's league and she needs WR. She has terrible WRs! Benjamin/hurns/m.bryant
I've been trying to trade some of her RBs (Miller, Jstew, J.Hill or Doug - Keeping Arian) or TEs (Eifert/Graham - keeping Gronk) but no luck so far. We had a weird draft since we were away and it went auto but she's 4-2 luckily.

In my 12 team league, I have Denver Def and Kicker on Bye.
I'm thinking of keeping them since they've been amazing - already dropped a backup QB for Def.
Hoping Big Ben comes back so I don't need another roster spot.

Drop candidates would be Ertz/Gordon/Jennings/Marvin Jones.
Worst case, I'd drop Ertz I guess? (have J.Graham as starter) Should still hold onto Gordon right? (Ingram/Martin starters - traded CJ)
Trying to do 2 for 1 trade instead with a good player and 1 of them.

toneroni

You need to be trading WRs. Like now. As somebody who broke the FAAB bank on Karlos, it hurts me to say this but he is probably a week or two away from IR if he doesn't improve. As it is he didn't make the trip to London and has yet to practice at all. He's actually droppable if you have better options.

Since you don't...you need an RB. Pack Jones or Morris with AJ Green and go shopping.

Apath I agree - a 2 for 1 works. WR/ lower WR or WR/RB for a solid RB

thestopsign - I'd roll with McCown (maybe over Peyton ROS!)

MisterRoboto - Crowder since DeSean is out - is DJax worth picking up if hes on the wire?

I feel sorry for anyone that put up huge FAAB money for Karlos Williams...
I feel sorrier for anyone that put up huge FAAB money for Charcandrick West. At the very least Williams' outlook was 3-4 games as a clear lead back in a offense that wants to run. West's outlook was an Alex Smith-run team that severely underutilized Charles, Kelce, and Maclin (because of Smith), not to mention the situation was a timeshare.

Tom Nook

I have a starting QB dilemma. I currently have Peyton and Joe Flacco, with Peyton on a bye and sucking ass this year I am stuck with a bunch of mediocre quarterback options. I have Fitzmagic, McCown, and Alex Smith open to go with Flacco. Who would you guys go with at least for this next week?

I would go with Fitzmagic, it's a division rivalry game and he has weapons (Decker and Marshall)

Flacco Vs Ari; Nope
McCown vs STL; Nope
Alex Smith vs Pit; your second option.

Would you drop Charcandrick West for LaFell? Already dropped Karlos for Steffon Diggs.
Wife's league and she needs WR. She has terrible WRs! Benjamin/hurns/m.bryant
I've been trying to trade some of her RBs (Miller, Jstew, J.Hill or Doug - Keeping Arian) or TEs (Eifert/Graham - keeping Gronk) but no luck so far. We had a weird draft since we were away and it went auto but she's 4-2 luckily.

Those aren't terrible WRs. Benjamin gets a lot of work and Hurns is pretty good at finding points, particularly when Robinson is hurt (like lately). Bryant obviously has huge upside.

I don't see a problem with picking up LaFell, but he could easily be worthless. But she has less WRs than RBs so why not? I really don't think the Chiefs RB situation is worth a damn now. If anything it just shows you how valuable Charles is to their system.

In my 12 team league, I have Denver Def and Kicker on Bye.I'm thinking of keeping them since they've been amazing - already dropped a backup QB for Def.

Yeah, hold onto both if you can. The defense is elite and the kicker will keep getting opportunities. Would drop Ertz in a heartbeat though I think Gordon has little value this year either...but anyway TE is always worth less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom