• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I should've put in Seattle's D over Green Bay's. I would have easily got the win but now I'm fighting for my life. Green Bay was putting up such good numbers though.

I need 20 points from Sam Bradford to win one of my matchups, about 15 from Larry Donnell to win the other. Needless to say I'm rooting for an epic shootout tonight.

So I'm up 17 in my league right now, but the person I'm playing has Odell and the giants kicker left. My friend is betting me $10 that I don't win tonight. Should I take it up????

I need 20 points from Sam Bradford to win one of my matchups, about 15 from Larry Donnell to win the other. Needless to say I'm rooting for an epic shootout tonight.

I'd feel good about Bradford tonight. I need him to get less than 24 and I have the worst luck ever in fantasy football. You're all set.

VoxPop

Up 22 against Bradford with my Demarco Murray. Not exactly confident with Murray's inconsistency but I'm guessing I should be okay.

I am up 96 to 79 right now and I have Ryan Matthews left, my opponent has Shane Vereen and the Giants kicker. I think I'm safe, but I've seen bigger miracles happen, and Vereen put up 25 pts in my league last week.

Edit: I can also pick up Sproles from free agency and drop Matthews.

Can we all agree that Travis Benjamin is a top 15 receiver now? It's weird to me that he's only ranked around 35 in most fantasy rankings. I just offered James Jones and Moncrief for him in my league. Jones is a bust if he doesn't reach the end zone, too risky.

I'm also looking at packaging Megatron and Lacy for someone... most likely Gurley. Thoughts?
stephen-a-smith-e13479422203082.jpg

First of all, that's a horrible trade. Moncrief is the clear #2 in an offense that just got Andrew Luck back and Jones is the #2 in a Green Bay offense that slowed last game only due to GB running alot more and Rodgers slowing a tad... Benjamin is only ranked 35 because a) he's a speed receiver who if he doesn't get the big play usually is a dud b) he's tied to a mediocre offense going into hyperoverdrive pass mode.

VoxPop

stephen-a-smith-e13479422203082.jpg

First of all, that's a horrible trade. Moncrief is the clear #2 in an offense that just got Andrew Luck back and Jones is the #2 in a Green Bay offense that slowed last game only due to GB running alot more and Rodgers slowing a tad... Benjamin is only ranked 35 because a) he's a speed receiver who if he doesn't get the big play usually is a dud b) he's tied to a mediocre offense going into hyperoverdrive pass mode.

I agree thats a terrible trade but Benjamin isn't too bad at least in PPR. Dude is clearly the #1 WR on that team and has been averaging 10-13 targets a game. He's never scored under double digits for me. Unfortunately I roll with Steve Smith + Demaryius Thomas and Landry at the flex (Dez soon) so I don't really have room to play him

I am up 96 to 79 right now and I have Ryan Matthews left, my opponent has Shane Vereen and the Giants kicker. I think I'm safe, but I've seen bigger miracles happen, and Vereen put up 25 pts in my league last week.

Edit: I can also pick up Sproles from free agency and drop Matthews.

I just dropped Sproles since he's completely inconsistent. Most games you get a few pts out of him while you hope he breaks off a big play to warrant being in the lineup. He's just not a part of the main offense in PHI anymore.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm fine with the Eagles kicking the shit out of the Giants, but let them kick a few Field goals.

edit: And my entire lead is gone and I'm losing now. Barring OBJ sitting the second half or a lot of Field Goals, I'm screwed.

What are you doing relying on that shitbag?

Big Ben is injured so I've been picking and choosing backups. Thought he could exploit the Giants pitiful defense. What's worse is that I picked him over Cam because I thought he'd struggle on the road against the SeaChickens. Lost my week by 3 pts thanks to Bradford and his godawful INTs

VoxPop

Big Ben is injured so I've been picking and choosing backups. Thought he could exploit the Giants pitiful defense. What's worse is that I picked him over Cam because I thought he'd struggle on the road against the SeaChickens. Lost my week by 3 pts thanks to Bradford and his godawful INTs

Lol Bradford over Cam..

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Broncos bye week coming up.

I need a DEF to play next week and no way am I dropping Denver to make room.

Also need a QB. Will happily drop Manning to do it.

VoxPop

I over think it. Which is something I tell myself every year I'm going to stop doing. And never do.

Yeah I do that all the time too. Considering Carolina doesn't really have any receivers except Olsen and SEA are amongst the worst against TEs, Cam would've been a good start.

edit: lmao reading about people losing by sub 1pt because Bradford kneeled twice is hilarious

Darkman M

Was up 17 with my opponent having Obj left, after he put up 7 points within the first two minutes and 10 the first half I thought I was done for. He ended up with only 12 points, Feels good man.

Hazelhurst

Fuck Sam Bradford.

That is all.

Both of my quarterbacks, Roethlisberger and Tyrod, were out. So, I chose to stream Bradford. The previous two weeks, his numbers looked great. This guy scared and stressed me out so bad. I got to a point, that every time he got back to pass I was thinking he was going to throw another interception. I was on pins and needles every time he dropped back to pass.

Luckily, I had the Philly defense (19 points) to save me. Otherwise, Bradford would have lost it for me.

I don't have Jordan Matthews (I just missed him on waiver), but this has to be one of the most overrated wide receivers in the NFL. I'm grateful someone else beat me to the punch on acquiring him.

nillapuddin

someone dropped Gould (K) because of CHI bye this week, am I crazy for thinking of picking him up and going no Kicker this week? I have Bryant, difference between 62-44 points on the year

edit: fuck it, im doing it.

Who would you stream?

WSH vs TB
ATL @ TEN
PHI @ CAR

Im thinking WSH against TB, but I dont know anything about them and I am a Falcons fan, heard Mariotta might be hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom