• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're probably better off keeping Amari, although it's close and likely true fair value.

West/Yeldon isn't awful, although Yeldon is going to get killed against the Jets' run d. You have anyone else just for this week?

Gore. Against Denver's D.

CJ Anderson on waivers. I think Yeldon is a better play, even after last week.

Apath

Would you guys drop Matt Jones for Karlos Williams? I know Williams is backup to McCoy and his numbers are iffy from back when McCoy was a starter, but Jones has been painful.

UberTag

Would you guys drop Matt Jones for Karlos Williams? I know Williams is backup to McCoy and his numbers are iffy from back when McCoy was a starter, but Jones has been painful.
I'm not sure either guy is startable right now.
But at least Williams has upside if McCoy goes down. Provided he doesn't get concussed again.
I'm not sure Jones will do all that much with or without Morris in play.

toneroni

Lost Steve Smith in one league but was lucky I kept my #1 waiver to get DWill. Sucks as I was considering trading him earlier.

I'm trying to upgrade my RB in another league after losing Arian. I told my buddy to pick up DWill with his waiver.
Who should I go for and what to offer?
10 team 2qb ppr
2QB: Luck/tannehill/mccown
3 WR: Hopkins/Marshall/arob/dez/moncrief/diggs/natewash
2RB: Lamar/CJ2K/Blount/Riddick
TE: Watson/Miller
2 Flex

I have pretty decent WR depth and was gonna target either:
Lynch, L Murray, Dougie or DWill
He needs WR badly and I need a RB

Steffon Diggs for DeAngelo Williams?
According to CBS, it's a fair trade for both
Or should I target a better player using Arob or someone.
Figure I'll still have 5 good WR to play 3 and flex 2.

Thanks in advance!

Tom Nook

Standard league pick 2 RBS

IVORY VS Jac
MARTIN VS NY
BLOUNT VS WAS

I currently have Ivory and Martin at start but Blount vs WAS Run DEF could lead to a Monster game like JAC and IND.

Tom Nook

Yes, I did the same thing. Picked up Williams; he pulls in double digits consistently.

Knox

IVORY VS Jac
MARTIN VS NY
BLOUNT VS WAS

I currently have Ivory and Martin at start but Blount vs WAS Run DEF could lead to a Monster game like JAC and IND.

Ivory and Martin are both too solid to sit for a risky play like Blount. All three could have big games, but Blount is the only one I'd be worried about giving you nothing.

VoxPop

8 team league.

Tossing up over these 4 RB's for my flex spot (don't ask how I got them lol)
CJ Anderson against Indy
D.Murray against Dallas
D.Williams against Oakland
D.McFadden against Philly

I think i'm leaning towards McFadden but Anderson did look good last week and he's playing a poor Indy defense.

I'd probably go Murray + Williams.

DeMarco is going up against his old team and they usually always play above average in revenge games. Williams was killing it earlier in the season and looked just as good when Bell went down. McFadden isn't a bad play though. Just don't start CJ. I'm guessing his good day was more or less a fluke.

8 team league.

Tossing up over these 4 RB's for my flex spot (don't ask how I got them lol)
CJ Anderson against Indy
D.Murray against Dallas
D.Williams against Oakland
D.McFadden against Philly

I think i'm leaning towards McFadden but Anderson did look good last week and he's playing a poor Indy defense.
I'd play McFadden, guaranteed volume in running and passing game. If you can guarantee 18+ carries from CJ Anderson, then I think about him.
Should i start Eli @ tampa or Big Ben at home vs oakland?
Eli. Full disclosure, I am an Eli owner. But considering the general lack of a secondary Tampa Bay has and the fact Eli is getting Dwyane Harris and Vereen involved more with OBJr. shows me Eli is cooking right now.
Lost Steve Smith in one league but was lucky I kept my #1 waiver to get DWill. Sucks as I was considering trading him earlier.

I'm trying to upgrade my RB in another league after losing Arian. I told my buddy to pick up DWill with his waiver.
Who should I go for and what to offer?
10 team 2qb ppr
2QB: Luck/tannehill/mccown
3 WR: Hopkins/Marshall/arob/dez/moncrief/diggs/natewash
2RB: Lamar/CJ2K/Blount/Riddick
TE: Watson/Miller
2 Flex

I have pretty decent WR depth and was gonna target either:
Lynch, L Murray, Dougie or DWill
He needs WR badly and I need a RB

Steffon Diggs for DeAngelo Williams?
According to CBS, it's a fair trade for both
Or should I target a better player using Arob or someone.
Figure I'll still have 5 good WR to play 3 and flex 2.

Thanks in advance!
Er... sounds like collusion, no?

UberTag

Er... sounds like collusion, no?
Yeah, that's textbook collusion.

Although advising someone that picking up DeAngelo is hardly rocket science (every fantasy guru under the sun was blaring that bit of intel), it's still extremely problematic if they only did so under the auspices of a promised trade with another owner.

Not only that, but Diggs (as hot as he's been) is a lowball offer for DeAngelo, IMO... regardless of whether CBS says it's fair or not.
I would say one of Diggs/Moncrief AND one of Marshall/Robinson as a package deal for DeAngelo seems fair.

Apath

Yeah, that's textbook collusion.

Although advising someone that picking up DeAngelo is hardly rocket science (every fantasy guru under the sun was blaring that bit of intel), it's still extremely problematic if they only did so under the auspices of a promised trade with another owner.

Not only that, but Diggs (as hot as he's been) is a lowball offer for DeAngelo, IMO... regardless of whether CBS says it's fair or not.
I would say one of Diggs/Moncrief AND one of Marshall/Robinson as a package deal for DeAngelo seems fair.

I actually don't see a problem with it. It's almost like trading draft picks. "If you pickup DeAngelo, I'll trade you Steffon Diggs for him." It's not like he is trading DeAngelo for scraps--it actually appears to be a very fair trade.

After loosing pretty much everyone and my replacements I'm done, I was pretty much done a few weeks ago. :( My fantasy football team is more of a hitlist than anything else it seems. Only good one that hasn't fallen yet is Gronk.

questioning if I should start Dez this weekend. I can either play him over Malcolm Floyd at my WR2 or over TJ Yeldon or CJ Anderson at my flex spot. Allen Robinson is also available but I don't like his matchup against the Jets secondary.

After loosing pretty much everyone and my replacements I'm done, I was pretty much done a few weeks ago. :( My fantasy football team is more of a hitlist than anything else it seems. Only good one that hasn't fallen yet is Gronk.
I'm not sure what your team is, but you should be looking at trading Gronk for replacements at as many positions as possible, preferably WR and RB. The whole point of a fantasy team is balanced scoring and high floor a tevery position, if you're getting scrub-level output at a position then you need to fix that by trading or FA.

Dazzler

Guy in my league dropped J. Bell, I need a running back, worth putting in a waiver claim?

Can afford to sit on him during the Lions bye week so no hassles there

Guy in my league dropped J. Bell, I need a running back, worth putting in a waiver claim?

Can afford to sit on him during the Lions bye week so no hassles there

Why not? He got almost all the carries last week. Lions are a mess but there is value there while Abdullah is in the dumpster.

toneroni

I actually don't see a problem with it. It's almost like trading draft picks. "If you pickup DeAngelo, I'll trade you Steffon Diggs for him." It's not like he is trading DeAngelo for scraps--it actually appears to be a very fair trade.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to collude - that would be terrible.
We've been trying to work on a trade for RB/WR for a week or two now and I said I'll take dWill if you get him but still have to figure out a trade. He doesn't need a WR1/2 anymore since he picked up Demaryious in a trade and has Edelman so I was thinking more WR3/Flex type player for a waiver wire pickup..

Its a PPR league and steffon has been red hot scoring about 15/20/23/21 last 4 games.
DWill is fairly unproven too only playing in 3 games
I also figure Dwill is less valuable to him than Lynch/Murray and maybe even Dougie. And he has JHill too who is starting to heat up. Do you think I should go for another one and give up a better player?

IVORY VS Jac
MARTIN VS NY
BLOUNT VS WAS

Ivory and Martin - Blount is too boom/bust

Who to start at the flex,
Willie Snead, Jordan Matthews, or Stevie Johnson?
I think Stevie could be in for a good game esp in PPR but keep an eye on his and Snead's health.

questioning if I should start Dez this weekend. I can either play him over Malcolm Floyd at my WR2 or over TJ Yeldon or CJ Anderson at my flex spot. Allen Robinson is also available but I don't like his matchup against the Jets secondary.
Tough call on arob or dez. Dez has a better matchup for sure and I would start both over Malcom. If it were standard league i might go yeldon/CJ due to TD chances

Standard League non ppr.

At flex:

Diggs vs STL or Blount vs WAS

Currently starting Diggs because of the hot streak he has going but I read a lot of "start or sit" articles stating to start Blount against the weak WAS run defense.

Thanks
Diggs since New England RBBC is tough to decipher

Tom Nook

Standard League non ppr.

At flex:

Currently starting Diggs because of the hot streak he has going but I read a lot of "start or sit" articles stating to start Blount against the weak WAS run defense.

Thanks

Would you go with Stevie Johnson over Moncrief? Still haven't pulled the trigger on Williams, by the way. May just hold out.. I don't know.

I really want to go with Moncrief if Hilton is out...but they are facing the Broncos #1 pass defense. Honestly, it could be even worse than last week for the Colts.

Dazzler

Standard League non ppr.

At flex:

Thanks

Diggs is the hot hand and seems to be their entire passing game

Blount will share carries with Lewis

Apath

Standard League non ppr.

At flex:

Thanks
Isn't Lewis still struggling with an abdomen injury? Diggs has been great these past few weeks but I feel like his floor is lower.

I really want to go with Moncrief if Hilton is out...but they are facing the Broncos #1 pass defense. Honestly, it could be even worse than last week for the Colts.

I would avoid that Denver D plus Luck is struggling, go with Johnson.
Okay, thanks guys--going with Stevie then. Everyone in my league thinks Floyd is the guy to have, so hopefully Johnson pans out. Sucks losing Allen.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
hey guys - struggling at flex....

cj spiller or dwayne harris..

i have spiller currently, but will he really do well behind ingram or even if he takes over for ingram will he really go off?

im thinking about picking up dwayne harris...hes been doing well enough and playing TB who is weak against the throw...

thoughts?

Being forced to roll out Gore and Bernard as my RB1/2 this week due to bye's is going to kill me I think. Luckily i can slot Hurns in at Flex and Brown AND Cooper at WR could pay off big at WR.

But thats all assuming Rodgers decides to put up more than 5 points this week. God that stung.

Mr Croft

After last weeks unbelievable result with the benching of drew Brees for Andy Dalton I'm completely confused on who to start.

Brees or Dalton this week. (my setup now)

QB drew brees
Rb Giovanni Benard
Rb Lamar Miller
Wr Martavis bryant
Wr Alshon jeffery
Te Vernon davis
Flex jarvaris landry
Def bengals

Andy dalton
Ty Hilton
James starks
Amber Abdullah
Allen Robinson
Travis Kelce

cj spiller or dwayne harris..

Similar plays. Spiller had a TD last week but otherwise what, 6 touches? And that was with Khiry hurt very early in the game. Harris defied even my recommendation and had two red zone targets because as it turns out Randle is still hurt.

So realistically, watch the practice report. If Randle is hurt, then Harris is going to see more work. My concern with Spiller is just isn't used enough regardless of the situation.

Tom Nook

After last weeks unbelievable result with the benching of drew Brees for Andy Dalton I'm completely confused on who to start.

Brees or Dalton this week. (my setup now)

QB drew brees
Rb Giovanni Benard
Rb Lamar Miller
Wr Martavis bryant
Wr Alshon jeffery
Te Vernon davis
Flex jarvaris landry
Def bengals

Andy dalton
Ty Hilton
James starks
Amber Abdullah
Allen Robinson
Travis Kelce

Same QB situation here; I can't decide between Brees or Dalton.

If projections says I'll win by 13pts (54.3% of winning), I'm going safe and start Dalton.

Going to ask the same thing I did last week because both have good matchups.

Matt Ryan vs. 49ers
Andy Dalton vs. Browns

I usually hate starting QBs on Thursday Night Football since the games tend to be sloppy, but its the Browns vs one of the top offenses in the league.

I sat Ryan last week and all he did was throw for almost 400 yards and 2 TDs. 49ers don't seem to give a shit about winning anymore, but I don't trust Matt Ryan on the road. Not after that clunker he put up in Tennessee.

A-Rob or Crabtree at flex?

Hard to sit A-Rob, but Revis is a tough matchup. Worth noting I have Amari as a starter right now, so I'm not so sure it's a good idea to start two WRs from the same offense.

Going to ask the same thing I did last week because both have good matchups.

Matt Ryan vs. 49ers
Andy Dalton vs. Browns

I think Ryan will have a good game against the 49'ers but it's tough. Cincy is at home; Atlanta has to travel to the West Coast, so that may play into it. Ryan looked off against TB had a nice comeback at the end. Dalton wasn't great against Pittsburgh but the Browns ain't Pittsburgh.

In this case, I'd consult FantasyPros "Who Should I Start", and that is saying Dalton by quite a wide margin.

Cagey

Banned
Three spots (W/R, WR, WR)

Melvin Gordon v. Chicago
Michael Crabtree @ Pittsburgh
Stefon Diggs v. St Louis
Stevie Johnson v. Chicago

Leaning Gordon, Crabtree, Diggs... but primarily torn on Stevie v. Gordon.

Luck vs best defense in league

or

Mariota vs worst pass defense in league.

currently am starting Mariota

Mariota.

Milabrega

Which D should start this week and keep going forward? I need the roster spot to pick up a bye week fill at TE and since this is a 14 team league I'm going to lose the D to another team next week.

Bengals vs Cle or Eagles @ Dal?

ACE 1991

Which D should start this week and keep going forward? I need the roster spot to pick up a bye week fill at TE and since this is a 14 team league I'm going to lose the D to another team next week.

Bengals vs Cle or Eagles @ Dal?

As someone who follows the Eagles closely, I'd say they are the ones to keep. The front seven is pretty ridiculous most games, and you can count on some reliable defensive touchdowns. I'd especially start them this week against Dallas.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
i am starting Winston over Luck....crazy shit. Tough week for me considering I had Smith and Allen...my 7-1 team is about to crater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom