• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Nook

For those struggling between Brees or Dalton, I'm starting Brees. I won't be surprise Dalton got a monster game against Cleveland tonight and I'll be depress over the weekend of what could've been.

Wads

Banned
For those struggling between Brees or Dalton, I'm starting Brees. I won't be surprise Dalton got a monster game against Cleveland tonight and I'll be depress over the weekend of what could've been.

I don't know how you could sit Brees after last week.

Lol had 4 WR's on my roster last week and starting none of them this week between injuries (Allen, Wright) and byes (Hopkins, Baldwin). Have Malcom Floyd, Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods as my WR's this week. X_x

Started off strong today. Had Dalton, Eifert, and AJ Green. Green letting me down but Eifert making it up.

WR - Should I play James Jones GB or Michael Crabtree OAK?

RB - Latvius Murry or Demarco Murry? Already have Mcfadden DBOYs playing.

Cappa

Banned
I played Eifert in both of my leagues! I almost played Jordan Reed. Phew. Nice start to the week.
I'm shocked that you'd consider even benching Eifert I'd start only one Te over Eifert and I doubt anyone in a good league is going to own Gronk and Eifert

Cappa

Banned
Started off strong today. Had Dalton, Eifert, and AJ Green. Green letting me down but Eifert making it up.

WR - Should I play James Jones GB or Michael Crabtree OAK?

RB - Latvius Murry or Demarco Murry? Already have Mcfadden DBOYs playing.
Need to know ppr standard etc?

If ppr Crabtree without question and Demarco plus Mcfadden though I like Latavius alot this week

necrosis

I'm shocked that you'd consider even benching Eifert I'd start only one Te over Eifert and I doubt anyone in a good league is going to own Gronk and Eifert

eifert has tended to be very much a boom or bust player purely because of the number of weapons that dalton has at his disposal. reed is incredibly talented and cousins likes to throw his way, resulting in a lot of guaranteed production

basically, eifert has the higher ceiling, reed has the higher floor

Cappa

Banned
eifert has tended to be very much a boom or bust player purely because of the number of weapons that dalton has at his disposal. reed is incredibly talented and cousins likes to throw his way, resulting in a lot of guaranteed production

basically, eifert has the higher ceiling, reed has the higher floor
Why do you consider the #3 TE in standard scoring and the #5 TE in Ppr leagues to be a boom or bust player(this is all prior to yesterday's game he'll probably be #1 or #2 in both formats) ? He has the most red zone targets out of any Bengals player and ALL of his tds have come within in the red zone. Only gronkowski and barnridge had the same amount of tds as Eifert and now currently Eifert leads the league in tds.

Eifert plays in a much better offense than reed. The argument that Bengals have more weapons is a knock on Eifert is silly considering he's the first look in the red zone. The fact that teams can't double up on Eifert because they'll get burned by AJ Green makes him a must start every week. Reed plays on a bad team with a bad QB and no help.

I have a Dez Bryant vs. Brandon Lafell choice to make. I'd probably rather use Brady's 3rd option over Cassel's #1 considering what a dud Cassel is, but I want to roll Dez out so bad.

Cappa

Banned
I have a Dez Bryant vs. Brandon Lafell choice to make. I'd probably rather use Brady's 3rd option over Cassel's #1 considering what a dud Cassel is, but I want to roll Dez out so bad.
What are your other options? Ppr?
Not like it matters much because yoy need to be starting Dez no matter what but just curious

What are your other options? Ppr?

No, this league only gives points for scores and every 10 yards they get. Not sure that kind of league that's called. It's my first year and I'm loving it. ;)

I could also use Stevie Johnson or Martavis Bryant. I'm leaning towards Bryant/Bryant.

Kobe.jpg_da9c9938589f0b077b175e2ed5ff146f

necrosis

Why do you consider the #3 TE in standard scoring and the #5 TE in Ppr leagues to be a boom or bust player(this is all prior to yesterday's game he'll probably be #1 or #2 in both formats) ? He has the most red zone targets out of any Bengals player and ALL of his tds have come within in the red zone. Only gronkowski and barnridge had the same amount of tds as Eifert and now currently Eifert leads the league in tds.

Eifert plays in a much better offense than reed. The argument that Bengals have more weapons is a knock on Eifert is silly considering he's the first look in the red zone. The fact that teams can't double up on Eifert because they'll get burned by AJ Green makes him a must start every week. Reed plays on a bad team with a bad QB and no help.

because he's very touchdown dependent? he's recorded 53 yards or fewer in half of his games this season. the only time reed was active and failed to do this was week 4 vs the eagles when he suffered a concussion

if you start eifert on a weekly basis, then you'll get games where he goes off for 20 points, sure. you'll also get games like week 3 vs baltimore and last week vs the steelers where he's more or less cut out of the picture entirely

Hazelhurst

It was a Thursday game (short week) and Eifert hadn't been productive in a few weeks. So that combination was leading me to possibly rolling with Jordan Reed who has looked great when healthy this year. Also, Desean Jackson is back, so that's another top receiver the Patriots will have to cover possibly freeing up Reed. Reed was just looking like the better option. I kept flipping between the two until game time. I still think Reed has a good game, but not three touchdowns good. I'm under .500 in both leagues so this was a nice boost to start things off.

Cappa

Banned
because he's very touchdown dependent? he's recorded 53 yards or fewer in half of his games this season. the only time reed was active and failed to do this was week 4 vs the eagles when he suffered a concussion

if you start eifert on a weekly basis, then you'll get games where he goes off for 20 points, sure. you'll also get games like week 3 vs baltimore and last week vs the steelers where he's more or less cut out of the picture entirely
In standard scoring leagues Jordan Reed only top 10 pts twice and 20 pts once . Week 1 12+pts and week 7 20+pts.

Eifert topped 20 pts 3 times and again he's their #1 red zone target. He's td dependent but that's ok because Cincinnati is in the red zone often. The Pittsburgh game was atrocious for many players not just Eifert that was a fantasy bust all around

Nafai1123

Banned
I almost dropped Eifert over Clay so I could pick up a backup QB this week while Carson's on bye. Thankfully I came to my senses.

Tom Nook

I think that's how it's gonna be.

Last question:

Jordan Matthews, Brandon LaFell or James Jones?

To play it safe, I'll go with Jones, Rodgers will bounce back from that embarrassing lost from Denver.

LaFell is the sleeper but Tom Brady vs WAS could be a ground and pound game utilizing Lewis and Blount.

IMO, you can drop Matthews and get someone else.

toneroni

lol my wife has Eifert and Gronk in her work league - we were away and autodrafted.
Ended up with Jimmy Graham too!
No one wants to trade with her since they're scared shes gonna be too good (won it last year and runner up year before)

I rolled with Hill in the flex instead of JStew or Eifert.
(Dropped Jimmy graham for a bye week QB since we didn't want to lose Palmer)

TylerD

I decided to go Barnidge over Bennett at the last minute. I'm an idiot. He got some targets but damn they were awful.

NateDrake

unquestionably the falcons

the 49ers are starting blaine gabbert at QB & their 4th-string RB who was just promoted off the practice squad last week (kendall gaskins)

Good points and they just traded Vernon Davis. I have Seahawk D but they are on BYE, so I picked up the Giants. But the Falcons D just got dropped in my league. Sounds like they'll be a good pickup.

prag16

Banned
Dalton did really well against the Browns. Brees....you better match his performance.....

I shipped Dalton, Langford, and Snead off in a package in exchange for Calvin Johnson to an owner who has garbage QBs and desperately needs a win this week. Now the Brees lineup decision has been made FOR me!

I shipped Dalton, Langford, and Snead off in a package in exchange for Calvin Johnson to an owner who has garbage QBs and desperately needs a win this week. Now the Brees lineup decision has been made FOR me!

Dude, you way overpaid. Did you only get Calvin out of that deal?

prag16

Banned
Dude, you way overpaid. Did you only get Calvin out of that deal?

I already have Brees, and Langford and Snead never would have started for me (except MAYBE Langford this week) the rest of the way barring multiple injuries.

Currently:

OBJ/Demaryius/Megatron/Crabtree
Ingram/Dion/Stewart/Yeldon

I can only start 6 of those 8 weekly. You can argue Snead was better than Crabtree, but he'd be on the bench anyway. If at least two of those eight miss significant time to injury, then maybe it was a bad trade, but in my situation, it made sense. It's a competitive league with a $300 buy in. I've won two of the last four titles, and finished top 3 every year in that span. Major trades were a huge part of that each year. I know what I'm doing.

necrosis

I already have Brees, and Langford and Snead never would have started for me (except MAYBE Langford this week) the rest of the way barring multiple injuries.

Currently:

OBJ/Demaryius/Megatron/Crabtree
Ingram/Dion/Stewart/Yeldon

I can only start 6 of those 8 weekly. You can argue Snead was better than Crabtree, but he'd be on the bench anyway. If at least two of those eight miss significant time to injury, then maybe it was a bad trade, but in my situation, it made sense. It's a competitive league with a $300 buy in. I've won two of the last four titles, and finished top 3 every year in that span. Major trades were a huge part of that each year. I know what I'm doing.

given your lineup that isn't a terrible trade, per se, but the value of the players you traded was almost certainly greater than the value of what you received

i would have opted to look for a better receiver in lieu of settling for a calvin trade but i'm not familiar with the rosters of other teams in your league so that may not have been a possibility

prag16

Banned
given your lineup that isn't a terrible trade, per se, but the value of the players you traded was almost certainly greater than the value of what you received

i would have opted to look for a better receiver in lieu of settling for a calvin trade but i'm not familiar with the rosters of other teams in your league so that may not have been a possibility

I like Brees' remaining schedule over Dalton's, so Brees' bye week is the only week where Dalton would be of significant value to me. Langford could have zero value after this week potentially. I've been shopping my QBs aggressively; only four out of 11 other teams had shitty enough QB situations to hand over a WR1 type player in exchange for a package.

Calvin was what I arrived at. Lower end WR1 in exchange for a WR3 and a possibly very short term RB2. I'm good with it, especially given my remaining depth (pretty good for a 12 teamer I'd say). Fitz was the other viable target, but the owner really didn't want to let him go, and I'm not sure how much I like him down the stretch anyway.

necrosis

I like Brees' remaining schedule over Dalton's, so Brees' bye week is the only week where Dalton would be of significant value to me. Langford could have zero value after this week potentially. I've been shopping my QBs aggressively; only four out of 11 other teams had shitty enough QB situations to hand over a WR1 type player in exchange for a package.

Calvin was what I arrived at. Lower end WR1 in exchange for a WR3 and a possibly very short term RB2. I'm good with it, especially given my remaining depth (pretty good for a 12 teamer I'd say). Fitz was the other viable target, but the owner really didn't want to let him go, and I'm not sure how much I like him down the stretch anyway.

i agree w/ the decision to target calvin over fitz

it does sound like you have a pretty impressive amount of depth for being in a twelve team league -- what's your record?

prag16

Banned
i agree w/ the decision to target calvin over fitz

it does sound like you have a pretty impressive amount of depth for being in a twelve team league -- what's your record?
8-0, and the guy I play this week is wrecked by byes.. The rest of the league is super butthurt. Definitely my best league this year. The one guy who had a team close to mine just lost SSS and Keenan Allen.

necrosis

8-0, and the guy I play this week is wrecked by byes.. The rest of the league is super butthurt. Definitely my best league this year. The one guy who had a team close to mine just lost SSS and Keenan Allen.

yeah definitely a good call on calvin then, his playoff schedule is quite a bit softer than fitz's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom