• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazelhurst

I decided to go Barnidge over Bennett at the last minute. I'm an idiot. He got some targets but damn they were awful.

I think a lot of people went with Barnidge. The guy has been getting consistent solid numbers every week. No McCown caused a drastic dip in his production.

I know DeAndre is a beast, but I think whoever is getting Megatron and DeAngelo is getting the better deal barring Megatron stays healthy.

Absolutely. It's basically a WR1 for a RB1 and a low WR1/high WR2. If they accept the deal, by all means go for it, but I sure as hell wouldn't.

Striker

Good points and they just traded Vernon Davis. I have Seahawk D but they are on BYE, so I picked up the Giants. But the Falcons D just got dropped in my league. Sounds like they'll be a good pickup.
They get turnovers which is the key to them getting pts in FF.

Problem is pts given up and sacks. I'm thinking JPP might play so they should be able to get after Winston a bit. Much more capable of that than getting after Brees in that quick pace pass attack in the dome. The Falcons D is probably a safer bet with the opponent though.

I had the Cardinals D but dropped them since they're on their bye and picked up the Giants D just for this week. I'm probably going to go week to week on them based on matchups.

I had the Cardinals D but dropped them since they're on their bye and picked up the Giants D just for this week. I'm probably going to go week to week on them based on matchups.

Streaming defenses is a great plan if you don't already have an elite one, but also consider stashing the decent ones (like Arizona) for the playoffs.

You give up Hopkins and get Williams AND Johnson? Seems a bit lopsided...I can see Hopkins for Williams, though.

I know DeAndre is a beast, but I think whoever is getting Megatron and DeAngelo is getting the better deal barring Megatron stays healthy.

Absolutely. It's basically a WR1 for a RB1 and a low WR1/high WR2. If they accept the deal, by all means go for it, but I sure as hell wouldn't.

Great trade if you need it

This was my line of thinking, mostly wanted to check if I was crazy or not. I was offered the deal, and I'm about to take it.

necrosis

yeah -- the only exception(s) would be if your team has awful WR depth behind hopkins and/or solid RB depth. even then, the combined value of williams and johnson might be too much to overlook

I shipped Dalton, Langford, and Snead off in a package in exchange for Calvin Johnson to an owner who has garbage QBs and desperately needs a win this week. Now the Brees lineup decision has been made FOR me!
llama-stare-gif.gif

I mean you're targeting the guy due to ROS, but man that's alot.

UberTag

I don't know. If he's set at QB and views Langford as the 2-week stopgap that he is, it's not such a bad deal to upgrade from Snead to Megatron... provided, of course, that you don't believe that Stafford is complete trash. I'm not liking that Week 14 fantasy playoff matchup against the Rams much at all.

I think you could pay less to get Megatron given the concerns surrounding his ankle. And Snead's fantasy playoff sched is absolute cake. Doesn't get much better than Bucs / Lions / Jags. Doubt I'd be parting with him if I had title aspirations.

prag16

Banned
Currently, Hopkins/Amari/Cooks/Decker and Ingram/Yeldon/West/Gore.

I don't know it's as obviously in your favor as the people above me. You'll end up with 4 RBs that should be very productive from here on out (how many can you start?) while possibly slightly weakening you WR corps. It's probably a good trade for you, but if you can only start 2 or even 3 of those running backs, but have to start at least 3 WRs, it might not be a 100% slam dunk.

llama-stare-gif.gif

I mean you're targeting the guy due to ROS, but man that's alot.

See above regarding the rest of my roster. In response to the post above me, yes, Snead his a nice playoff schedule. But Johnson's target numbers and #1 status should allow him to significantly outperform Snead, and at the minimum provide a better floor. Even after the trade I still have Crabtree as a 4th receiver who I might actually like better than Snead too. The Rams week 14 for Megatron is a valid point, but soon to be 9-0 barring a complete disaster against a bye-ravaged opponent, it's becoming increasingly unlikely that I have to face anyone that week (bye in a six team playoff). We'll see.

UberTag

In response to the post above me, yes, Snead his a nice playoff schedule. But Johnson's target numbers and #1 status should allow him to significantly outperform Snead, and at the minimum provide a better floor. Even after the trade I still have Crabtree as a 4th receiver who I might actually like better than Snead too. The Rams week 14 for Megatron is a valid point, but soon to be 9-0 barring a complete disaster against a bye-ravaged opponent, it's becoming increasingly unlikely that I have to face anyone that week (bye in a six team playoff). We'll see.
Yeah, if you've got a likely bye week looming then Week 14 is no longer an issue. And given the tendency of Brees to spread the ball around, I definitely like the Megatron upgrade.

VoxPop

Finally made some trades in my league.

Shipped off Dez Bryant for Lamar Miller.

DeMarco Murray for Matt Forte. Gotta survive 2-3 weeks with Doug Martin + Miller until I can run Forte at the flex.

Tom Nook

I shipped Dalton, Langford, and Snead off in a package in exchange for Calvin Johnson to an owner who has garbage QBs and desperately needs a win this week. Now the Brees lineup decision has been made FOR me!

Well you're 8-0, so should I feel confident in starting Brees over Dalton this week (maybe ROS?). After week 11, I could use Dalton for a trade.

Cappa

Banned
I already have Brees, and Langford and Snead never would have started for me (except MAYBE Langford this week) the rest of the way barring multiple injuries.

Currently:

OBJ/Demaryius/Megatron/Crabtree
Ingram/Dion/Stewart/Yeldon

I can only start 6 of those 8 weekly. You can argue Snead was better than Crabtree, but he'd be on the bench anyway. If at least two of those eight miss significant time to injury, then maybe it was a bad trade, but in my situation, it made sense. It's a competitive league with a $300 buy in. I've won two of the last four titles, and finished top 3 every year in that span. Major trades were a huge part of that each year. I know what I'm doing.
still a bad trade....Calvin Johnson hasn't been very good this year and Detroit is a mess

Darkman M

Basically he traded Dalton and Sneed for Mega considering Langford is probably a two week rental at best. Looking at his roster I don't think it was a bad trade at all.

prag16

Banned
Well you're 8-0, so should I feel confident in starting Brees over Dalton this week (maybe ROS?). After week 11, I could use Dalton for a trade.
My thing with Dalton is the Bengals tend to end up in low scoring slug fests from time to time. Especially after the weather turns. Would hate to see something like that torpedo a playoff run.

Brees and their O ain't what it used to be, but they have done games and a bad defense. If you can get value in exchange for Dalton to bolster yourself elsewhere, move him.

still a bad trade....Calvin Johnson hasn't been very good this year and Detroit is a mess
Considering my roster, it basically boiled down to Snead for Johnson straight up with a couple minor caveats.

You can't necessarily analyze trades in a vacuum.

My thing with Dalton is the Bengals tend to end up in low scoring slug fests from time to time. Especially after the weather turns. Would hate to see something like that torpedo a playoff run.

Brees and their O ain't what it used to be, but they have done games and a bad defense. If you can get value in exchange for Dalton to bolster yourself elsewhere, move him.

Considering my roster, it basically boiled down to Snead for Johnson straight up with a couple minor caveats.

You can't necessarily analyze trades in a vacuum.

I like that it bolsters your starting lineup but I'd be a little worried about depth. I learned the hard way how important depth is after seeing 3 of my players suffer season-ending injuries in the span of 2 weeks.

prag16

Banned
I like that it bolsters your starting lineup but I'd be a little worried about depth. I learned the hard way how important depth is after seeing 3 of my players suffer season-ending injuries in the span of 2 weeks.
I still have 8 legit guys with ability to start only 6, as listed above. Sure if Brees gets hurt that'd be bad, but I'll take the risk.

How about stevie Johnson or martavis bryant? I'm leaning Johnson because I also have D'Angelo Williams and I don't think both guys will have a big day.

mackaveli

What defense should I pick.

San Fran vs Atlanta
Chicago vs San Diego
San Diego vs Chicago
Colts vs Broncos
Dallas vs Philly
Washington vs Redskins
Titans vs Saints?

The defenses available are on the left.

Badosh

San Fran vs Atlanta
Chicago vs San Diego
San Diego vs Chicago
Colts vs Broncos
Dallas vs Philly
Washington vs Redskins
Titans vs Saints?

I hate all those options.

I guess Dallas, maybe Indianapolis.

FTF

San Fran vs Atlanta
Chicago vs San Diego
San Diego vs Chicago
Colts vs Broncos
Dallas vs Philly
Washington vs Redskins
Titans vs Saints?

Not much to pick from there…I'd say Dallas, their D has been solid. Also, Wash against themselves would be a good pick, but the last choice I'd say against the Pats.

Ugh Moncrief or Heath Miller for Flex?
I'm already starting Arob who might get me like 4 points.
Tough matchup this week.

Tough, but I'd say Miller…even with TY probably out, can't trust Moncrief against Denver D.

Fuck what happened? I picked him up in both of my leagues cause my other K was on a bye

I picture the little things from Golden Axe running on the field, giggling, and then kicking a player in the shin and running away.

Quad injury during warmups. He was the holder for the game though. We should get partial points for that!

I would be comfortably winning in my matchup this week if I weren't in a PPR league against someone with Antonio Brown. He got 45.6 points.

I also decided to sit Allen Hurns for DeSean Jackson, which has cost me another 20 points. Bleh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom