• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Welp if my def and flex didnt combine for 1.5 ps i maybe would have had a freaking chance against the number 1 seed this week.

Woodhead for 21 pts? I doubt it.

Up 60 with Stevie Johnson left to go and the other guy has Rivers. Rivers averages about 60 points a game with this leagues scoring so it could be close. As long as he doesn't throw TDs to other players I think I'll be ok. It'd do a lot for my psyche to win a game the week after losing Bell.

Don't mess with Injury Imps, they will ruin your fantasy team and eventually your life if allowed to run unchecked.
How can we appease them?

Likely gonna lose this week. My RB's didnt deliver a single touchdown.

Mcfadden, Latvius Murray, and Ingram.

And I have demarco murray on my bench. If I played him I would have just scratched through for the win.

Cagey

Banned
21 point lead with Stevie Johnson or Melvin Gordon to play against Danny Woodhead and Jeremy Langford. Projected to win by 6-7 with either Johnson or Gordon, but that's ESPN assuming they'll produce equally.

Still leaning Stevie.

I'm in four leagues and so far I'm guaranteed 2-1. Last league is a bit iffy.

I have left:

29 point lead + Stevie Johnson

They have:

Alshon Jeffery, Jeremy Langford, Melvin Gordon

The nerves I'm feeling right now :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Thank you Lamar Miller. Got the W locked up no problems last night.

Due to the Hilton injury news I had him on my bench and played Andre Johnson, who did exactly nothing.

In this league whoever is in last place has to wear a dress to next year's draft. I was in last at 0-3 then luckily Joe Philbin got fired and Todd Gurley started playing. Since then I have been 5-1.

Tom Nook

Did my best outing this week: 152 pts

Key changes for the win: start Brees over Dalton and start Blount over Diggs.

So the bulk of my team (which is 8-1) is the following:

Rodgers
Forsett-Gore-Bernard
A Brown-Cooper-Hurns-Fitzgerald
Barnidge
Sea D
J Tucker

I had to run out Gore and Bernard this week with Baltimore on the Bye and used Hurns as my flex. Put up 138 points. I love my depth, but i just got a trade offer and while i dont want to break up the team, not sure I can say no.

Receive: A Peterson
Give: Forsett and Fitzgerald

I think I have too. Means i can start AP and Gore/Bernard and still run Cooper Brown and Hurns each week and Fitz is kind of buried unless injuries pop up. Am i just worrying over nothing?

Machine

Thanks to injuries and byes, I only had one viable RB this week - Ivory. I had to gamble on a waiver pickup and went with Pierre Thomas (hey, it was worth a shot). Fortunately, I still managed to win thanks in part to surprisingly strong performances from Jordan Matthews and the Giants kicker.

Hopefully my luck is starting to change. A couple times this season I've had the second or third highest point total in the league and still managed to lose. There's nothing worse than losing 145 to 140 when all the other teams are scoring 80 or 90.

prag16

Banned
In my big money league, done and up 45, opponent has Cutler/Marquess/Stevie. Barring multiple Cutler/Marquess TD hookups, I think I'm PROBABLY okay...

I don't know what's more stressful on Monday night, coming from behind, or protecting a lead. Probably protecting a lead.

[KoRp]Jazzman;184785671 said:
So the bulk of my team (which is 8-1) is the following:

Rodgers
Forsett-Gore-Bernard
A Brown-Cooper-Hurns-Fitzgerald
Barnidge
Sea D
J Tucker

I had to run out Gore and Bernard this week with Baltimore on the Bye and used Hurns as my flex. Put up 138 points. I love my depth, but i just got a trade offer and while i dont want to break up the team, not sure I can say no.

Receive: A Peterson
Give: Forsett and Fitzgerald

I think I have too. Means i can start AP and Gore/Bernard and still run Cooper Brown and Hurns each week and Fitz is kind of buried unless injuries pop up. Am i just worrying over nothing?

I would take it. AP is heating up on a playoff team and Fitz is really kind of up and down lately. He does get that return matchup against the Niners but overall Fitz has had two super weeks and a mixed bag otherwise. Time to upgrade.

In my big money league, done and up 45, opponent has Cutler/Marquess/Stevie. Barring multiple Cutler/Marquess TD hookups, I think I'm PROBABLY okay...

I don't know what's more stressful on Monday night, coming from behind, or protecting a lead. Probably protecting a lead.
Protecting a lead for sure. I need 28 from Langford. I'm not nearly as stressed about it as I would be if I was up and my opponent had one to go. I'll probably lose but he scored 158 total and I have 130. Damn good game either way.

prag16

Banned
Protecting a lead for sure. I need 28 from Langford. I'm not nearly as stressed about it as I would be if I was up and my opponent had one to go. I'll probably lose but he scored 158 total and I have 130. Damn good game either way.

Although, coming from behind in a situation where you're projected to win comfortably, but falling short.... that might be the worst of all.

phanphare

Banned
Anyone know who is gonna take his spot? Other than Blount getting an uptick in work of course.

And whew just dodged a bullet. I was considering accepting a trade where I got him as my rb.

I think Brandon Bolden is behind Lewis

and honestly I don't think much changes for Blount with Lewis out. they had completely different roles within the offense and I don't think New England is going to pass any less than they do now. Blount will continue to be dependent on match ups and gameflow. if NE is playing a team that's specifically weak against the run, like Washington, then expect Blount to get some work. otherwise don't expect much.

prag16

Banned
Anyone know who is gonna take his spot? Other than Blount getting an uptick in work of course.

And whew just dodged a bullet. I was considering accepting a trade where I got him as my rb.

Could be Bolden (and he came in yesterday), but the last time Lewis was out, James White got the work. Belichick gonna Belichick.

VoxPop

God bless you Delanie Walker + DeAngelo + Lamar MIller + Antonio Brown. Had them in most of if not all my DraftKings lineups. Up $7800!!

Khalid-S

Losing Dion Lewis is going to be tough.

I need help with this.

I got an offer for DEANGELO WILLIAMS!! This dude is HOT and I believe he will be for the rest of the season (if healthy).

So the offer is. DW for Ingram + Stephen Gostkowski. I feel bad losing the number 1 kicker but I think I can manage because there are many Kickers in waiver (picking up Vinatieri). What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Here is my current lineup

jcpLVLz.png

Down 5.96 points but I have Malcolm Floyd, Marquess Wilson, and Josh Lambo left. Opponent has Antonio Gates, I'm ready to get that Monday Night Delight. :D
How can we appease them?
Prayer is an option.

I believe in using half the season to strengthen your team's depth, then use the two weeks before the deadline to trade almost all of it away to get better starters. To me depth is meaningless in the postseason, you're playing your studs outside of maybe the Defense and Kicker spots.

There's also the more direct way to protect yourself from the Injury Imps:

00477.gif

I need help with this.
I got an offer for DEANGELO WILLIAMS!! This dude is HOT and I believe he will be for the rest of the season (if healthy).

So the offer is. DW for Ingram + Stephen Gostkowski. I feel bad losing the number 1 kicker but I think I can manage because there are many Kickers in waiver (picking up Vinatieri). What do you think? Yay or Nay?

Accept. Immediately. You can always find another kicker. But starting Crowell will screw your roster forever. Click the accept button.

Down 5.96 points but I have Malcolm Floyd, Marquess Wilson, and Josh Lambo left. Opponent has Antonio Gates

I hate you. I'm holding out hope tonight, but I hate you

I wish I could make a trade but seems unlikely. just gotta surf it out with Karlos Williams next week

Khalid-S

Accept. Immediately. You can always find another kicker. But starting Crowell will screw your roster forever. Click the accept button.

Accepted. Sadly I lost Willie Snead too for this trade but screw it. Its a good trade

What do you guys think of Cole Beasley? He played well yesterday and I can see him shining soon. Probably a good waiver pick this week.

Cels

I need a new 3rd RB.

Current RBs: Devonta Freeman (on bye next week), DeAngelo Williams (on bye the following week), Dion Lewis (OUT for season)

So I'm hoping to pick up Karlos Williams off the waiver wire, maybe Bolden or Blue. OR trade one of my WRs for another RB. Trade deadline in my league is Thursday.

My friend has floated the idea of giving me one of TJ Yeldon/Chris Johnson/Charcandrick West for one of my WRs. His other RB is Gurley who obviously is untouchable. I think he wants TY Hilton or Moncrief (I picked up Moncrief early in the season and just held onto him). I don't think I'll give up Hilton but what do you guys think?

My other WRs: Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Sammy Watkins, Stevie Johnson

prag16

Banned
I need a new 3rd RB.

Current RBs: Devonta Freeman (on bye next week), DeAngelo Williams (on bye the following week), Dion Lewis (OUT for season)

So I'm hoping to pick up Karlos Williams off the waiver wire, maybe Bolden or Blue. OR trade one of my WRs for another RB. Trade deadline in my league is Thursday.

My friend has floated the idea of giving me one of TJ Yeldon/Chris Johnson/Charcandrick West for one of my WRs. His other RB is Gurley who obviously is untouchable. I think he wants TY Hilton or Moncrief (I picked up Moncrief early in the season and just held onto him). I don't think I'll give up Hilton but what do you guys think?

My other WRs: Antonio Brown, Calvin Johnson, Sammy Watkins, Stevie Johnson
If he'd do Yeldon for Moncrief straight up, that's a no brainer imo.

Accepted. Sadly I lost Willie Snead too for this trade but screw it. Its a good trade

What do you guys think of Cole Beasley? He played well yesterday and I can see him shining soon. Probably a good waiver pick this week.

I mean, he showed Matt Cassel he can get open, so he is a fine grab until Romo is back, but the scheme dictated that he would get open. So I just see him as a band-aid flex. That's still very valuable in 14-16 team PPR but I'd save my waiver dollars unless you really need the bye week help. I'd prefer, say, Dwayne Harris as a regular option. Or Snead.

I hate you. I'm holding out hope tonight, but I hate you

I wish I could make a trade but seems unlikely. just gotta surf it out with Karlos Williams next week
:D

I said it here about learning about your league a few weeks ago. After 10 weeks I've come to the conclusion there are people in our league don't know how to construct a roster (don't think this is true) or would rather win a trade than win the weekly matchup/league (DING DING DING DING). There are lots of people with a stars and scrubs lineup and if it's winning for you hey, but those 3-5/4-4 fringe teams sitting on their hands are going to be either not make the playoffs or be first round fodder later on. Luck can only take you so far in Fantasy Football.

I put Allen Robinson and Chris Ivory on the block twice this season, both high-end 2's with 1 upside. Never received a single offer outside of the one I initiated with you... nuts.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm in a tough spot tonight. 25 points up on opponent. They have Rivers and he's been on a roll recently, and he's up against the Bears.

:D

I said it here about learning about your league a few weeks ago. After 10 weeks I've come to the conclusion there are people in our league don't know how to construct a roster (don't think this is true) or would rather win a trade than win the weekly matchup/league (DING DING DING DING). There are lots of people with a stars and scrubs lineup and if it's winning for you hey, but those 3-5/4-4 fringe teams sitting on their hands are going to be either not make the playoffs or be first round fodder later on. Luck can only take you so far in Fantasy Football.

I admit I've been pretty sick so time has been limited. But I really don't believe in simply winning the week unless it doesn't kill your lineup in the long run. I've got no problem dropping bench depth or downgrading at certain spots, but who cares about winning one week if you lose the next three?

I just don't have a bench with my roster though. Anderson is awful.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
god damnit. nothing worse than being down 21pts and having to rely on a player who doesn't normally score that amount...only to have that player score 20 points.

im so cursed this season :(

Lost 158.4 to 154.8.

Sigh. Tough one to lose. Barnidge/Rams combining for 7.5 didn't help though

No one on the bench scored more than my starters so I can't be too upset. I made all the right moves.

Wads

Banned
I was up by 2 and I had Jeffrey vs malcolm floyd. Too bad Floyd got hurt. Hate to win that way and probably would have won no matter what.

necrosis

Lost 158.4 to 154.8.

Sigh. Tough one to lose. Barnidge/Rams combining for 7.5 didn't help though

No one on the bench scored more than my starters so I can't be too upset. I made all the right moves.

i just lost 96.06 to 96.86 and had deangelo williams riding the bench in favor of dion lewis (who i only decided to start about five minutes prior to the pats-washington game)

ugh

goober

Who should have priority, Karlos Williams or Starks?

I need an RB I can start this week due to byes, but also who can be serviceable rest of season. Both are question marks.

I need an RB I can start this week due to byes, but also who can be serviceable rest of season. Both are question marks.

My gut says Karlos Williams. He has proven his potential in every week he's played this year (5 games, 6 TD) and LeSean continues to prove to be brittle.

Starks has had some good games but also a lot of bad ones. The Packers are just really struggling to run, and if they figure it out, it's no guarantee Starks gets any of that work vs. Lacy.

Hazelhurst

I think Karlos gets the edge. He has been so consistently productive. Starks is a very close second imo. It's time to abandon Lacy this season. No telling how long Green Bay will continue playing Lacy.

Tom Nook

Williams is your priority, McCoy is dealing with a shoulder issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom