• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 Fantasy Football Discussion/Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ptaaty

You're...benching Dez for LaFell? Bold move. Have to say I like Benjamin more; if nothing else the Browns love to throw that guy deep bombs since their junktime starts early. I love LaFell for steady points but Brady is not really throwing to him in the redzone. (Of course I'm starting him this week so I really hope he does!)

I agree with you line of thinking. Out of those 3, highest upside is Benjamin, and barely off of Lafell for floor. Dez has done almost nothing except one game with a lucky hail mary. This is all based on what has happened to date.

Lafell is interesting to me this week - purely in a gambling upside way. Eagles secondary has been scorched lately, and Brady is down to very few weapons. We could end up with some classic Pats gameplanning and feature Lafell to exploit the matchups. If he were a real WR1 - I'd be confident in it. Since he hasn't shown it, he'll probably be middle of the road.

1. Seattle D. MN doesn't turnover much, but just don't put up the points. IMO GB could get more than a few points put up on them.

2. RB - Pretty easy call. Rawls, Jstew. Rawls - he'll get 20+ carries and MN gives up run yardage (less TDs), Joseph might be out. Jstew is against NO. Dmart is against Falcons - before last week only avg 80 yard rushing allowed (total, not to RB1). Murray is against Pats...not good, and Murray hasn't been good regardless.

3. Bryant stays in. Normally I would put in Crabtree next...but KC has been really good on D lately (last week a bit off), you are right in the flip a coin area.

Ok thanks, I also have James Jones for WR but I doubt he'll do better and probably worse than the other options I have. I think I'm in a good spot right now.

Ptaaty

I'm still debating in my mind, but Dez really hasn't done much since coming back, and with Romo gone I don't expect that to change.

I like Benjamin as well and considering putting him in my flex spot instead of Ivory, Leaning towards Ivory because they're going against the Giants.

It is very rare where the right play is using a WR which isn't in the top 10 instead of a starting RB. Stick with Ivory for the flex. Your focus is on Dez or Benjamin....

Holy Crap! NFL.com boosted projection points.

TJ Yeldon projected to get 22pts....

Yeldon doesn't do shit besides get 80 total yards and no TDs. He gets zero red zone looks and when they did decide to run it 2 weeks back (against the Titans) it was all Denard. He has 1 TD all year and only 1 20+ carries in 2 months. On top of that, the Titans give up the 2nd fewest fantasy points in the league. If he does anything remotely interesting it'll be the outlier. I can't imagine ever starting him again if there is any similar option.

Tom Nook

RB advice (standard league)

Pick 2 of 3:
Ivory vs NYG
Martin vs ATL
Blount vs PHI

Currently starting Ivory and Martin but Blount vs crappy PHI is tempting.

nillapuddin

RB advice (standard league)

Pick 2 of 3:
Ivory vs NYG
Martin vs ATL
Blount vs PHI

Currently starting Ivory and Martin but Blount vs crappy PHI is tempting.

Id say Blount over Martin tbh. PHI is phoning it in.

ESPN says David Johnson @STL > Gio @CLE

I picked up DJ on waivers so nobody else would, but now its trying to tell me to betray my good buddy Gio for the starting spot, what do yall think?

Even though Im tied for 1st place, this is an absolute must win for me this weekend

If I win I retain my bye ofcourse, but more importantly, it would keep this guy out of the playoffs, and I need that to happen, look at this motherfuckers team (on the left)

OJtxXis.png

also, my league is going nuts, everyone is carrying multiple dst, k's, 4 rbs, everything. Its basically just turned into asset denial 2015.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Hey guys. I have two WR slots in a 12-team PPR league. I have three players on my roster: Dez, Cobb and Travis Benjamin. Which two do I start? (Or do I take a crazy risk picking up Jeff Janis or some other longshot?)

(As an aside, Dez was my first-round draft pick this season. Consequently, I have not done well this season ... I'm 10th and need to win the next two games to make the playoffs.)

Hey guys. I have two WR slots in a 12-team PPR league. I have three players on my roster: Dez, Cobb and Travis Benjamin. Which two do I start? (Or do I take a crazy risk picking up Jeff Janis or some other longshot?)

(As an aside, Dez was my first-round draft pick this season. Consequently, I have not done well this season ... I'm 10th and need to win the next two games to make the playoffs.)

Dez is done man. He might string together one more decent game but if you are absolutely trying to make the playoffs I'd rather bank on Cobb with Rodgers throwing to him against a shitty Detroit defense over Matt Cassel throwing to Dez in the most perfect conditions imaginable.

Someone offered me Dez for Andre Ellington in one of my big money leagues. I declined in a heartbeat.

If you are feeling ballsy I'd maybe start Dez over Benjamin but CLE plays Cincy this week right? They'll be down quick, they will air it out a lot. It's a toss up.

TheZink

I know. Every week they flip and flop over each other. It's nuts. Last week I played Rodgers and he had 15. Rivers had 36.

Tom Nook

Eifert may not play and Chandler is already claimed :(

Which TE is choose from this list?

McDonald vs CHI
Rudolph vs SEA
Fleener vs PIT
Watson vs CAR

I'm leaning on Rudolph, what do you think?

Thanks

NateDrake

I really shouldn't have played James Jones last night. With Gronk injured, it kind of forced my hand though since waiver options looked pretty weak.

Eddie Lacy missed the Packers' team curfew Wednesday night.

It explains Lacy's limited Week 13 role despite coming off his two season-best games. Alonzo Harris also missed curfew and was cut prior to Thursday night. Lacy is clearly in Mike McCarthy's doghouse and could be dealing with more than a one-week benching. The Packers promoted John Crockett from the practice squad and worked out free agent Montee Ball this week.
Oh boy Lacy you idiot.

Wow. I'm really surprised Ware was still available in your league.

The guy who picked him up when West was injured dropped him since West is set to return. It wasn't until after he was named to share carries with West that I grabbed him. I then reaped all the benefits (;

UberTag

The guy who picked him up when West was injured dropped him since West is set to return. It wasn't until after he was named to share carries with West that I grabbed him. I then reaped all the benefits (;
If you're heading into the fantasy playoffs, don't cut your RB handcuffs when you know they're capable of performing. That's just asking for trouble.

Ptaaty

Just snagged Spencer Ware after hearing him and West will be sharing carries. Was thinking about grabbing Jay Ajayi.

Much better pickup (unless you have keepers - then debatable).

I'm really interested to see how both situations develop this weekend. I have both Ware and West but am sitting both (I am very strong at RB). The split in usage will be interesting to see. Worst case is West being the back out of the redzone and Ware in it....making both middling options.

Also have Miller who I am sitting. Neither he or Ajayi (sp?) have been worth touching the past couple weeks...but Miller absolutely blew up for a couple games when Campbell became coach. The firing of Lazor and the apparent new focus on run game could upend this again. Last week was absurd. 8 total yards of rushing for the 2 backs? That could be completely different moving forward.

UberTag

Much better pickup (unless you have keepers - then debatable).

I'm really interested to see how both situations develop this weekend. I have both Ware and West but am sitting both (I am very strong at RB). The split in usage will be interesting to see. Worst case is West being the back out of the redzone and Ware in it....making both middling options.
I think it largely depends on your scoring format. Even if Ware is inserted into red zone and short yardage packages, I think West still maintains quite a bit of value in PPR formats. He just won't be the three-down RB1 he was before. More like an RB2 in PPR and an RB3/Flex in standard leagues.

That's how I'll be treating him at least. And both guys have RB1 upside if the other one gets hurt.

Yeah, both Ware and Ajayi looked intriguing heading into this week. I knew Ware was the safer bet... but with the new OC in Miami they will probably run more and if Ajayi breaks out with a good game I would have missed my opportunity of snagging him :(
(always last on waiver)

RBs: *DeAngelo Williams (vs. Ind)
*Doug Martin (vs. ATL)
*Javorius Allen (vs. MIA)
Darren McFadden (vs. WAS)
Thomas Rawls (vs. MIN)

WRs: *Julio Jones (vs. TB)
*Emmanuel Sanders (vs. SD)
Kamar Aiken (vs. MIA)
Brandin Cooks (vs. CAR)

Have Williams, Martin, and Allen as my current RB starters/flex and Jones and Sanders as WR.

Almost any of them could start every week and I fear Rawls splitting carries. My starters the best options for this week?

GrapeApes

RBs: *DeAngelo Williams (vs. Ind)
*Doug Martin (vs. ATL)
*Javorius Allen (vs. MIA)
Darren McFadden (vs. WAS)
Thomas Rawls (vs. MIN)

WRs: *Julio Jones (vs. TB)
*Emmanuel Sanders (vs. SD)
Kamar Aiken (vs. MIA)
Brandin Cooks (vs. CAR)

Have Williams, Martin, and Allen as my current RB starters/flex and Jones and Sanders as WR.

Almost any of them could start every week and I fear Rawls splitting carries. My starters the best options for this week?
Who is Rawls splitting carries with? Russell Wilson? Rawls over Allen, dude.

So.. Latavius Murray became available in my league.. I picked him up. Was that dumb on my part?

I got David Johnson of the waiver wire this week.. Lucky me :)

Who is Rawls splitting carries with? Russell Wilson? Rawls over Allen, dude.
Felt like Fred Jackson was in there on crucial plays. He was in on the two point conversions as well.

Minnesota is also a tough run defense. Still unsure. Allen caught passes as well as ran the ball. Rawls mainly just ran.

So.. Latavius Murray became available in my league.. I picked him up. Was that dumb on my part?

I got David Johnson of the waiver wire this week.. Lucky me :)

Tell me how is it dumb to pick up the starting RB of a good offense. It was a dumb drop, for sure.

Need help with my RB2. James White, Jay Ajayi, or Shaun Draughn?

Draughn gets every snap in an inept Niners offense, and he catches a lot of dump offs. If you get .5 PPR or more, go with him.

Instro

Tell me how is it dumb to pick up the starting RB of a good offense. It was a dumb drop, for sure.

Draughn gets every snap in an inept Niners offense, and he catches a lot of dump offs. If you get .5 PPR or more, go with him.

Standard league. Draughn seems to have the best floor even still, but that offense is so bad...

h3ro

I need 2 rbs and a flex from:

Darren McFadden
LeGarrette Blount
Spencer Ware
Brandon LaFell

What do you guys say?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well I think I'm finally set on..

WR - Brandon Marshall
WR- LaFell
RB - Rawls
FLEX - Ivory

Benching Moncrief and Bryant. Moncriefd is unreliable and Dez just hasn't made a splash since returning from injury and the loss of Romo won't help.

Also benching Benjamin this week. I just like the other matchups more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom