• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like what's being said is that they've had about as many open looks in their shots as they've had against everyone else in the playoffs. It's not like they're being extra thrown-off by defender hands in their face on their shots during the finals.

The bright lights and the stage of competition is clearly doing something to them.

Tom Penny

What's being said here?

GS is underachieving in comparison to what they have been capable of over 82+ games. That being said the milking the clock fewer possession strategy by the Cavs makes perfect sense. It also gives Lebron like 10 seconds rest on tons of half court possession on offense because he just dribbles until 5 seconds left then makes a move.

It looks like what's being said is that they've had about as many open looks in their shots as they've had against everyone else in the playoffs. It's not like they're being extra thrown-off by defender hands in their face on their shots during the finals.

GS is underachieving in comparison to what they have been capable of over 82+ games. That being said the milking the clock fewer possession strategy by the Cavs makes perfect sense. It also gives Lebron like 10 seconds rest on tons of half court possession on offense because he just dribbles until 5 seconds left then makes a move.

You know which team felt they were just missing open shots against the Cavs and felt they were going to start falling? it never happened to them & it was The Hawks.

Maybe there's a reason why those are the open shots the defense is ceding to you most of the time. Maybe their scouting shows that you are unlikely to make them with any consistency.

Time will tell though.

Joei

Delly going for 20+ points tonight

I don't think it happens. I assume he's going to play with a lot of energy like before, but 20 point games are not common with him. Last game was probably the best of his pro-career. I'm hoping we get something positive from JR. He needs to start making some buckets.

As for the Cavs, keep it to half court game and limit fast-break points, basically, keep doing what you doing.

I have no idea what's going to happen tonight but if I was a betting man I'd go with the Warriors. Only way I see the Cavs winning tonight is if Shumpert & Smith go off from beyond the arc. Team has to be gassed...

Tom Penny

You know which team felt they were just missing open shots against the Cavs and felt they were going to start falling? it never happened to them & it was The Hawks.

Maybe there's a reason why those are the open shots the defense is ceding to you most of the time. Maybe their scouting shows that you are unlikely to make them with any consistency.

Time will tell though.

The Hawks shot like garbage the entire playoffs in comparison to the regular season.

kaiju

Must win game for the Dubs.

Got a few six packs standing by in case this turns into another nerve-wracking game.

The Hawks shot like garbage the entire playoffs in comparison to the regular season.

Are the dubs shooting the same they did in the regular season? I don't think so. There's a reason why it changes down. It's called facing better defenses night in and night out.

Maybe the playoffs part of the equation is more important than the other.

Just a thought.

Time will tell though.

I agree that the open shot % is slightly misleading because Barnes/Green/Iguadala/Barbosa are probably taking more of those open looks than usual. Cleveland is using a very smart plan, the thing is if those players start hitting shots what do they do? Fortunately that might never happen.

Godslay

Banned
Let's say Curry starts shooting his season average both in FG's and 3's how many more points per game are we looking at?

10, 15?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What's being said here?
It means the Warriors are more shook right now than anything else.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the cavs, because they've been playing their asses off, but GS has missed so many god damn gimmie shots it's insane (put backs, wide open 3's, layups, etc). And they've got players who can ball, like Barnes, playing like hot ass shit for no good reason. At least Green can blame that on the fall he had in G2... but that motherfucker was ass in G1, so...

GS has the talent and they are the better team top to bottom, but it takes more than that to 'chip... and so far they don't have it in them. Cleveland does.

What are you basing this on?

Cavs aren't a good team, so if they win the title then there were no good teams in the league this year (or whatever good teams there were got screwed by bad matchups on the Western Conference bracket), and we should forget this season ever happened.

It's pretty open and shut.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
is Kerr hoping that this smaller lineup will make Lebron work more on the defensive end, and thus be more tired by the end of the game?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Usher!

Ready for tip-off. If GS loses this game then they got it they got it bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom