• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2015 NBA Finals |OT| the deli is closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a huge game. I do fear Curry finally getting in sync during the last quarter of game 3 and carrying that over. Hopefully, the defense can hold, the fans/noise will be a factor, and for the love of God, no more Cavs injuries or dudes going to the hospital (unless it JR Smith, that might actually help us).

he also had one of his most inefficient seasons ever. Dude didn't deserve it this year, unlike the year Drose got it just because he wasnt named Lebron James

Lebron should have got MVP that year, but Rose was amazing. He must have won at least a dozen games by himself dominating in the last 5 minutes.

I see Wizman is still at it. No one else is arguing that the Cavs have to battle fatigue as game 3 was ample evidence enough. That's just brazen blissful ignorance to say otherwise.

Doesn't even mean anything for the outcome of the game either. Just something that's clearly at hand.

Abounder

Banned
LeBron ranked a distant 3rd place in MVP voting but he's still the most physically dominant 2-way player in the game. James is still the best player and the most valuable in my opinion, even if he missed more games and whatnot.

jman2050

MVP is a body of work award for the season and Lebron didn't have it over Harden or Curry. Nothing off about that.

He's still better than both those two by a mile but everyone knew that anyway.

Abounder

Banned
MVP is a body of work award for the season and Lebron didn't have it over Harden or Curry. Nothing off about that.

He's still better than both those two by a mile but everyone knew that anyway.

LeBron James impacts the game more especially defensively, and only played ~120 minutes fewer than Curry. I think the Rockets and all other teams would trade their star for LeBron even it means you have to rest him, which shows his value. However you define MVP, LeBron's still not a bad pick either in my opinion, and well worthy of no.1 votes

Godslay

Banned
I see Wizman is still at it. No one else is arguing that the Cavs have to battle fatigue as game 3 was ample evidence enough. That's just brazen blissful ignorance to say otherwise.

Doesn't even mean anything for the outcome of the game either. Just something that's clearly at hand.

Both teams a have an entire season under their belts.

CHO1_ZrVIAApYu6.png

The most certain thing about this series is that LeBron will score a ton.

The 2nd most certain is that Cleveland will be tired as fuck in the 4th quarter.
Tired, maybe, but we'll see if they get blown up in the fourth like they were last game. I'm sure Blatt and co. have designed some more wizardry to combat the same thing from repeating in the final 12 minutes.

Tired, maybe, but we'll see if they get blown up in the fourth like they were last game. I'm sure Blatt and co. have designed some more wizardry to combat the same thing from repeating in the final 12 minutes.

The guy who almost called a phantom timeout that nearly cost them the season is now a wizard? What's he gonna do brew up some potent gatorade? You work with what you have and the rest is up to the gods.

The guy who almost called a phantom timeout that nearly cost them the season is now a wizard? What's he gonna do brew up some potent gatorade? You work with what you have and the rest is up to the gods.
I never said the dude was perfect. I've always liked Blatt and yes, he has done VERY well in the first three games; it's fair to say he'll be looking to combat the fourth quarter fatigue from last game. How or will he achieve that, I don't know.

I never said the dude was perfect. I've always liked Blatt and yes, he has done VERY well in the first three games; it's fair to say he'll be looking to combat the fourth quarter fatigue from last game. How or will he achieve that, I don't know.

He tried telling Del he wanted to limit his minutes but supposedly he has refused and want to play. What more can he do? Sit Lebron more?

How do you even coach when you've got like 6 usable guys out there?

The plan is pretty much keep Lebron in the game 99% of the time and hope that JR doesn't do anything incredibly stupid.

Godslay

Banned
hahah I heard Curry played heavy minutes when he played ball in college. He's actually the most tired guy out there. We need to go deeper though, somebody get the AAU minutes.

So you are arguing that a team is worn out after 3 games, but the season and playoff grind doesn't wear on both teams? It's a well known fact that these guys wear down over a season. Can't acknowledge common sports knowledge, in order to stick to your guns. Can we even take you seriously?

So you are arguing that a team is worn out after 3 games, but the season and playoff grind doesn't wear on both teams? It's a well known fact that these guys wear down over a season. Can't acknowledge common sports knowledge, in order to stick to your guns. Can we even take you seriously?

A joke post gets a joke response. Lighten up man, the game is in 6 hours.

You can make adjustments to help tired players as a coach even on a very short rotation. One thing Cleveland has been doing in the finals is resting as much as possible on inbound passes. They'll wait for the refs to get the ball after Golden State makes a shot. It's only 10-15 seconds at most, but it helps. Also, Lebron walking up the floor and standing around until 8-10 seconds on the shot clock gets them rest. It also helps keep Golden State out of rhythm.

spyder_ur

Really fascinated to watch tonight. Some things I'll be keeping an eye on:

-David Lee's playing time and effectiveness: Lee is nowhere near the 'secret weapon' he's been labeled as by some. He's been benched in the playoffs and lost minutes and eventually his spot for a reason: he's a poor defensive player. He got 5 fouls in a dozen minutes last game. If he gets early minutes, expect a ton of the Cavs using his man to set ball screens for LeBron. That's going to create all kind of problems defensively. The Warriors have done a pretty good job keeping LeBron off the line and limiting shooters. That's much more difficult to do if you have LeBron getting a step to the rim. On the other hand, the Warriors biggest problem has been offense, and Lee can help there if Draymond and Barnes are going to stay cold and passive. How Kerr measures the tradeoff will be interesting.

-Warriors defensive rebounding: The Dubs have had trouble securing their defensive boards. Not only does this give Cleveland second chances and allow them to further dictate pace, it also limits them running out, not only because they have less opportunities but because they are committing more people to the glass. I think it's why we haven't seen more small lineups from the Warriors.

-Can Curry stay hot? I think Curry's streak in the 4th last game was more just a really good player getting hot and looser rather than any specific adjustments by the Dubs. He was just drilling tough shots. I don't think those shots are going to get any less open unless they can get some production from their frontcourt, given the Cavs defensive strategy.

-LeBron: It's nice to remind myself and appreciate once in awhile that I am watching a level of basketball skill, athleticism and greatness we probably haven't seen since Jordan. And I'm not convinced he's played his best game in the series.

-Will the Cavs keep taking advantage of Steph through small/small screens, using whomever he is guarding? I saw no adjustment last game and it still hurt the Warriors.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I can see the Dubs winning this game but I'm going with Cleveland. As long they keep controlling the tempo of the game they'll again have a good chance to win.

people act like its all on curry--don't forget the cavs won game 2 with klay putting up great numbers--they need more than just one of the splash bros to play well

you could have wardell posting 35 points but it doesn't matter if Klay and Harrison don't show up

So I'm going to be in downtown Toronto tonight and have no idea where I should go to watch Game 4.

Any ideas, or should I crosspost in Toronto-GAF?
I like Wayne Gretzky's on Blue Jays Way and Mercer St. It's hype as fuck if enough people are there but even if it's quiet their TVs are great and you always have a solid view.

edit: the food is whatever. I usually just order a beer.

If you are in agreement then, I guess I don't understand the snark of bringing up AAU minutes.

Because your argument is laughably flawed and I don't feel like explaining minutes played, games played, depth of bench, player mileage. turnaround/recovery time needed.

The greatest game in NBA history is about to be played, you just gotta relax and enjoy the moment. The savoring of it all. The rest is just filler man.

diffusionx

Gold Member
like i said before you cant rely on shooting,need inside presence.

The Warriors had 36 points in the paint in game 3. The Cavs had 44.

Draymond Green is playing like crap. That's the real issue for them. Harrison Barnes also disappeared. No guarantee either of them will show up tonight of course.

Godslay

Banned
Because your argument is laughably flawed and I don't feel like explaining minutes played, games played, depth of bench, player mileage. turnaround/recovery time needed.

The greatest game in NBA history is about to be played, you just gotta relax and enjoy the moment. The savoring of it all. The rest is just filler man.

We all bow to your basketball genius pedigree.

The difference between the Cavs starters and Warriors starters is 4 minutes per game more for the Cavs.

The difference between the entire teams (starters and bench) is 6 minutes per game more for the Cavs.

You are banking on a 3 game burnout (with minimal difference in playing time), when all these guys are tired from a long season.

I guess I'll just have to relax knowing that Curry has played more minutes (120 to be exact over the regular season) than James. Not to mention starting more games (80 to 69). Cavs had 1 less bench player than the GSW prior to the Irving injury as well. So the bench depth is roughly equivalent. I guess you are probably right that LeBron has more cumulative mileage, but it's not showing.

In fact this year is the lowest total minutes Lebron has ever played in his career at 2413 total. I guess he's tired though from all those years prior though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom