• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 World Junior Men's Ice Hockey Championship |OT| Canada's Salty Holiday Tradition

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Were the fans singing Hey hey hey goodbye? To Swedish teenagers? I fucking hope I heard that wrong

MTL did that 2 years ago too :\

or it might've been olé olé. well whatever their stupid chants suck when they're ridiculing children.

Boogie

Were the fans singing Hey hey hey goodbye? To Swedish teenagers? I fucking hope I heard that wrong

I was at the Boxing Day game against Russia. Guy in the row behind me tried to start singing that with 3 minutes left in the game.

I turned around and said "dude, it's the first game of the round robin. No, just no."

Parch

Montreal has pretty much guaranteed that they'll never get the World Juniors again. I know the tourney isn't as popular as it used to be and there were complaints about ticket prices, but a city of that size not selling out a Canadian semi-final game is inexcusable.

The IIHF is getting greedy so this should be a wake up call. Maybe it's time to go back to smaller cities for the WJ tournament. Or at least make the ticket prices more reasonable.

calder

Early Canada goal makes me nervous tbh

🤔Although no goals, late goals, goals against and scoreless ties would also make me nervous

calder

Two goal leads are also terrifying... wait what the hell am I saying, the WJC is an entire tournament who's motto is "no lead is safe, these kids could be up 5 goals and decide to run and gun anyway"

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Two goal leads are also terrifying... wait what the hell am I saying, the WJC is an entire tournament who's motto is "no lead is safe, these kids could be up 5 goals and decide to run and gun anyway"

thats the best part with these kids, run and gun and can turn a game around in a few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom