• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

34th annual Razzie nominations announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ashton Kutcher should win worst actor for Jobs. The movie was bad and his acting was terribad.

I actually enjoyed Lone Ranger a little bit, huh.

Dynedom

I'm sure there were worse movies that year that I hadn't seen but Lone Ranger was definitely up there as one of the worst that I have seen.

Croc

Banned
Hadn't really heard much about Movie 43 until a few days ago when my boss started telling me how funny it was and started describing skits in it. And that's when I knew I never wanted to see it.

I can't even tell you how many times he said the word "tits" just describing one scene.

Popnbake

Movie 43 should win every category it was nominated for that is without a doubt the worst example of sketch "comedy" I have ever seen.

It was embarrassing to watch people make jokes they think are going to be funny but just make you cringe instead, it wasn't even endearing.

It was toilet humor in it's most raw form.

It was a fucking R rated movie for 12 year olds.

It was the worst fucking thing I've seen in a long time.

Reminds me of my favorite review of the movie.

http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/movie-43-2013

Since 1999 I've been carrying a blue pill in my pocket, holding onto it for the moment when I'd truly need it. The pill, I was told, would instantly erase the memory of any movie — but just the one movie, just the one time.

I was tempted to take that pill after "Freddy Got Fingered." I had the pill in hand as I walked out of every other Adam Sandler movie of the last decade.

But I hung on to it, knowing something even worse was going to come my way one day.

Midway through "Movie 43," I knew the day had come. As the credits rolled with the inevitable blooper scenes of actors breaking character and inexplicably laughing when nothing funny is going on, I swallowed that pill, hoping to erase instantly all mental images of what had just transpired.

Lone Ranger doesn't deserve all those noms. It wasn't great, but it was an ok watch. Definitely not worst of the year material.

Hangover Part 3 should have been nominated for more awards. Straight up terrible

Word. I don't think I laughed once during that whole movie. It was ridiculously bad. It should be there instead of Lone Ranger.

i hope movie 43 wins everything it's nominated for. that movie was painful to sit through.

is it bad to say i actually thought some of the skits were quite funny
the girl on her period had me in stitches and the home schooled child was also pretty funny

forrest

formerly nacire
After seeing The Lone Ranger, it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Good thing I've steered clear of that After Earth turd.

Just saw Lone Ranger the other day. Wasn't that bad, I've seen worse "resurrected series" movies by far. Johnny Depp was maybe a bit off, but I think that's because they ran a little too far into the "Tonto was never really authentic to begin with" direction.

I wouldn't say Will Smith was that bad in After Earth, either. The story was dumb all the way, and Jaden's acting was completely awful, but Will Smith pulled off the cold father just fine, I thought. (It pissed me off they went out of their way to not show
whether or not he loses the leg, like the veteran he meets in the beginning
, though.)

Kyou

I really enjoyed The Lone Ranger. The train chase scene was pretty great.

I believe in After Earth's ability to clean up

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
was kutcher terrible at playing jobs?

Xevren

Movie 43 should win all them. It's without a doubt, the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. I've seen some awful shit too, it's REALLY that bad.

Movie 43 should win all them. It's without a doubt, the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. I've seen some awful shit too, it's REALLY that bad.

I never heard of this movie, or Diana, before today.

Edit: Holy shit, Richard Gere was in this movie? WTF

Chumpion

The "it's cool to hate on this shit so let's jump on the bandwagon" awards.

After Earth I thought was watchable and had aspects that were competently done. I expected far worse from the reviews. Man of Steel, on the other hand... or Now You See Me...

Lone Ranger was dumb fun.

Go Whitta!

Yeah, it was way too long and kinda dull for a lot of it, but I was doing other stuff for most of the movie.

But that final action scene when the Lone Ranger theme kicks in? That was seriously fantastic. I was expecting that scene to be some overdone, crap from the commercials (like that wind mill fight in Pirates 2), but when I saw LR for the first time recently the whole action scene was very, very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom