• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

34th annual Razzie nominations announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laieon

I really enjoyed Jobs. It's definitely not the most accurate film, but it reminded me of the Social Network, which is one of my favorite films of the past 5 years or so.

Carbonox

WORST ACTOR

Sylvester Stallone: Bullet To The Head, Escape Plan, Grudge Match

wot

Bullet to the Head and Escape Plan are great action films. Sure enough he's simply Stallone in those but that doesn't mean he should be nominated for this. The other nominations were far more deserving.

kazebyaka

Banned
Bullet to the Head and Escape Plan are great action films. Sure enough he's simply Stallone in those but that doesn't mean he should be nominated for this. The other nominations were far more deserving.
Nominating Stallone is probably just one of the Razzie's traditions.

aku:jiki

Nominating Stallone is probably just one of the Razzie's traditions.
Yeah, but it's a crappy tradition. He's not a master thespian, but he takes the art seriously and has always been able to deliver lines on at least a basic level of believability. He never takes you out of the movie.

It's not like he's Tara Reid or some shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only thing that's a shame about the Razzies is how little people actually come to collect their reward. I'd totally collect it and make a nice (hopefully funny) acceptance speech.

I hope Gary Whitta collects his like a boss!

tmarques

I'd never heard of Movie 43 so I visited Wikipedia and -

Beth (Kate Winslet) is a single businesswoman who goes on a blind date with Davis (Hugh Jackman), the city's most eligible bachelor. When the two arrive together at a restaurant, Beth is shocked when he removes his scarf, revealing a pair of testicles dangling from his neck. Over dinner it confuses her that Davis fails to acknowledge his anatomical abnormality, and that nobody seems to be surprised by it. When two friends of Davis come by, one of them convinces him to give Beth a kiss. Davis agrees, but when he kisses her, his neck-testicles are dangling near Beth's mouth, causing her to scream and budge out of the kiss.

I'm speechless. How do you convince people like Winslet and Jackman to take part in this?

Alx

WORST ACTOR

Jaden Smith: After Earth

It would be harsh to give a razzie to a kid... However bad his performance was, it must be crushing to be reminded that one of your first and few movies is terrible.
At least experimented/successful actors can take it with humor, like Sandra Bullock usually does IIRC.

bjb

Banned
Whitta truly embarrassed himself and his entire career via After Earth. His near silence surrounding the subject here on GAF has been an absolute treat.

SJRB

Gold Member
WORST ACTOR

Jaden Smith: After Earth

It would be harsh to give a razzie to a kid... However bad his performance was, it must be crushing to be reminded that one of your first and few movies is terrible.
At least experimented/successful actors can take it with humor, like Sandra Bullock usually does IIRC.

But he is terrible, and the only reason he was there in the first place is because of his father. No mercy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Never heard of Movie 43. Guess i'm lucky.

I saw Jobs while on a plane during the holidays, it was ok(for what it was) and I never thought during the movie "Wow, Ashton sucks at acting".

Pezking

Just like John Carter, The Lone Ranger is a really good adventure movie (far better than all the POTC-sequels!) that unfortunately flopped hard.

A financial disaster, but by no means a bad movie. Shouldn't be anywhere near that list.

KHarvey16

If I've learned anything from How Did This Get Made it's to not assume the name in the credits had everything to do with or even liked the end result of what they're credited for.

Kyou

Whitta truly embarrassed himself and his entire career via After Earth. His near silence surrounding the subject here on GAF has been an absolute treat.

His pre-release hype followed by complete radio silence in the After Earth thread was pretty fucking hilarious to watch from a distance

I thought After Earth was a pretty decent movie.
It had nice aesthetics, beautiful vistas, and a beautiful story about a father-son relationship.

KHarvey16

His pre-release hype followed by complete radio silence in the After Earth thread was pretty fucking hilarious to watch from a distance

Pre-release hype? I don't understand the perverse pleasure some of you take in shitting on fellow gaffers. Is your life really so bad?

I'm one of the few it seems that feel like Movie 43 is worth a watch for some of the portions. I didn't think the movie absolutely blew and think it has a couple redeeming qualities!

Edit: I'm also one of the few that thought Anchorman 2 was a steaming pile of fucking donkey shit. I kind of half chuckled twice and ended up walking out of the theater before it ended.
You are truly a UNIQUE specimen! XD

glaurung

I'm morbidly curious to watch Movie 43. I just really want to see how bad it is. Should I do it?
I wouldn't if I were you. Because it's not entertaining bad, like The Room, but it is cringe worthy bad.
I would not do it. Having seen it, I wish I could erase it from my memory or repress it into the childhood trauma department. Alas, I cannot.

For me it was an experience similar to Freddy Got Fingered and Human Centipede 2. I forced myself to watch both of them. And I regret it ever since.

bryanee

The Lone Ranger should not be on that list of nominations and neither should Stallone, all three of his moves are ok to good and he's just fine in all three.

18-Volt

Where are Keanu Reeves in 47 Ronin or Tom Cruise in Oblivion? Also 47 Ronin was the worst movie I've watched in a decade. It deserves a spot on the worst movie noms.

Didn't know this guy's name before now, I was baffled how this talentless, unintelligible hack got as much dialogue as Matt Damon.

I hated this character in Elysium for sure. Absolutely awful dialogue (honestly he sounded like a mentally challenged person much of the time). THAT said, District 9 was good and I definitely wouldn't call him talentless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom