• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

34th annual Razzie nominations announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I would totally disagree about picking on Halle Berry for The Call. She was perfectly good if not great in that.

aku:jiki

Jaden Smith should win every category, including screenwriting and worst actress. That would probably spare us his work for at least 3-5 years.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
good to see whitta get the recognition he deserves, but elysium got robbed harder than roger deakins on oscar night.

Jaden Smith should win every category, including screenwriting and worst actress. That would probably spare us his work for at least 3-5 years.

This. I'll watch After Earth only after his parts have been cut from the run time. Leave it to Will's own son to ruin his blockbuster streak.

Wazzy

Banned
I haven't watched Movie 43 but it sucks to hear it's terrible when it has such a good cast.

Jay and Silent Bob still has done it best I guess.

Anustart

For me Hangover 3 wins worst sequel by a fucking landslide. 2 Wasn't that great, but they really knocked it out of the park with 3, in a fucking terrible way.

I haven't watched Movie 43 but it sucks to hear it's terrible when it has such a good cast.

Jay and Silent Bob still has done it best I guess.

I'm one of the few it seems that feel like the movie is worth a watch for some of the portions. I didn't think the movie absolutely blew and think it has a couple redeeming qualities!

Edit: I'm also one of the few that thought Anchorman 2 was a steaming pile of fucking donkey shit. I kind of half chuckled twice and ended up walking out of the theater before it ended.

I've actually heard good things about The Lone Ranger.

Here's the thing about The Lone Ranger. It's not a good movie. It's immensely flawed, baffling, and sometimes just plain dull film. However, it's not anywhere near as bad as it's getting blasted. It's a mediocre movie with a few bright spots and a few low points. Not really anything to write home about other than some truly weird decisions that made the final cut. Not necessarily bad, just really weird. But since its production was such a clusterfuck, it's a prime target for "worst movie ever" stuff.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Gonna echo those saying Movie 43 deserves to win!. Wanted to watch Django Unchained while it was still in theaters with my friends but they both insisted on Movie 43. I still have yet to see Django :(.

Anustart

Here's the thing about The Lone Ranger. It's not a good movie. It's immensely flawed, baffling, and sometimes just plain dull film. However, it's not anywhere near as bad as it's getting blasted. It's a mediocre movie with a few bright spots and a few low points. Not really anything to write home about other than some truly weird decisions that made the final cut. Not necessarily bad, just really weird. But since its production was such a clusterfuck, it's a prime target for "worst movie ever" stuff.

I liked Lone Ranger well enough to sit through the entire film, but as you said, it's nothing to write home about. Another movie I felt had a bit too much unwarranted hate was John Carter. That one I actually enjoyed!

Anustart

Gonna echo those saying Movie 43 deserves to win!. Wanted to watch Django Unchained while it was still in theaters with my friends but they both insisted on Movie 43. I still have yet to see Django :(.

You need to correct this flaw immediately!

Edit: Whoops, double post :(

I'm one of the few it seems that feel like the movie is worth a watch for some of the potions. I didn't think the movie absolutely blew and think it has a couple redeeming qualities!
Agreed. It was overall bad, but it definitely had it's moments. Personally, I loved the early skit about the home schooled kid.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
You know I really enjoyed the Lone Ranger. It was a really fun movie. It's not even in the same stratosphere as the films on that list.

KeRaSh

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF or SEQUEL

Grown Ups 2

Hangover III

The Lone Ranger

Scary Movie 5

Smurfs 2

Am I missing something? Last I checked Lone Ranger is neither of those three options, so why is it even nominated for that category? Pure Spite?
I haven't seen the movie but it being a modern western doesn't automatically make it a rip-off.

Am I missing something? Last I checked Lone Ranger is neither of those three options, so why is it even nominated for that category? Pure Spite?
I haven't seen the movie but it being a modern western doesn't automatically make it a rip-off.

Yeah, if you dismiss the TV series and all the movies that were made since the 1930s you are absolutely correct.

Dead Man

Ahem. Worst remake, rip-off, or sequel. Remake.

Dabanton

Lone Ranger is such an easy target. Perfectly enjoyable film.

I'm also going to say that Movie 43 was actually very funny in parts. I saw the version with the kids.

I may be in the minority, but he was the one interesting thing about Elysium.

But for Oldboy, judge for yourself. To be fair though, Brolin is an actual fantastic actor and you'd never be able to convince someone using this clip.

lmao jesus christ. copley really is the worst actor of the year. i was only saying this on the basis of elysium. he sounds like a fucking cartoon character here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom