• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[360] NHL 09 Guild: The Mighty Dyacks of NeoGAF

Do I have to do something special to associate my Be A Pro player with the Dyacks team? I was looking at the interface last night and I couldn't figure out how to do it. I'm sure I'm missing something. Looking at the manual might have helped. Maybe. :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just an update about my player.

Right handed, Centre, Powerforward.
I wont hog cause I'm not a great goal scorer yet at all. I had a playmaker but I wasn't advancing in Be a Pro with him at all.

I'm kinda in the dark here though. If I can make an online only player for our team I would rather have a playmaker-Centre though. Just makes more sense for running an offense out there.

Let me know.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Truelize said:
I'm kinda in the dark here though. If I can make an online only player for our team I would rather have a playmaker-Centre though. Just makes more sense for running an offense out there.
my understanding is that once you start your be a pro league, you manage your guy through that. you manage your online dude through one of the main menu options which escapes me, im too lazy to check right now.. performance tracker->edit be a pro maybe?

fin

Hey, i joined another club last night to help out a friend. Someone wanna shoot me back an invite to Finjitzu and Snappymold.

Hey guys, can I get an invite for a RL friend of mine? He's totally cool with dropping off the team if other, original "members" show up and decide to play--but he'd like to get a few games in during the interim.

Gamertag is: MrNinjaMan

He's been a gaf member for about six months, but it looks like he's only made four posts ever. =P

FightyF

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Hey guys, can I get an invite for a RL friend of mine? He's totally cool with dropping off the team if other, original "members" show up and decide to play--but he'd like to get a few games in during the interim.

Gamertag is: MrNinjaMan

He's been a gaf member for about six months, but it looks like he's only made four posts ever. =P

Jeez, I sent a PM asking "what's his GT?" *shakes head*, yeah I'll look into it, I have to update the OP and update the accepted roster, as well as update the waiting list. Once everything is set in stone, I'll look at the possibility of temporarily adding more people.

Union Carbine: The manual has always been unhelpful, I've found. You can edit your online BAP by going to the "performance tracker" part in main menu I think. Heh, I'm not sure. Just wander around to the point where you have the option of editing your skater and goalie. That's the one you want to edit. Before that should be options called "Edit Be a Pro" and "Edit Attributes".

Truelize said:

You can have a different type of player for online vs. offline.

I'm busy at the moment, but maybe someone can make a quick guide for people who have just joined the team...anyone want to volunteer? Maybe include the equipment stuff as well, and reference Dollar Taco's stuff about the flex sticks.

FightyF

Banned
fin said:
We should have more than 2 GMs.

Why is that? Hey, did you quit the team? You're not on the team list when I checked in the game anymore.

Hey purge, how many players did you add, was it just that one? Do you remember exactly when he sent you the message? I'm trying to make it fair so that whoever asked first gets in first. If you could let me know when, I can position him on the waiting list appropriately.

I'll allow the invite to go through and place him on the team temporarily, if you could let me know when he sent you the message I can pop him on the waiting list in a fair manner.

UPDATED OP UP TO THIS POINT

I'm sending invites to the rest that have requested to be on the team but are on the waiting list.

Fact is, we only have 30 of our 50 players who have followed instructions and have accepted invites, so we had the space to do it.

From this point forward, it's going to get more and more unlikely we'll be allowing anyone wanting to join the team, a chance to play while they are in the waiting list.

Finally found the invite, wtf @ EA putting it under the news section instead of having a clear tab that says invites or messages =/

fin

FightyF said:
Why is that? Hey, did you quit the team? You're not on the team list when I checked in the game anymore.

Yeah I left to help out a friends club, no one was online in ours. I hate playing online in anything but the Be a Pro mode. Why can't we have the Pro camera in other modes? I ended up creating a new club, but if you guys need players send 'Finjitzu' and 'Snappymold' and invite we've been online everyday this week.

We should definately fill up our fifty, and be checking weekly to see who has played and who hasn't, cutting people who aren't playing.

fin said:
Yeah I left to help out a friends club, no one was online in ours. I hate playing online in anything but the Be a Pro mode. Why can't we have the Pro camera in other modes? I ended up creating a new club, but if you guys need players send 'Finjitzu' and 'Snappymold' and invite we've been online everyday this week.

We should definately fill up our fifty, and be checking weekly to see who has played and who hasn't, cutting people who aren't playing.

I'm so conflicted about the damn camera modes in this game. I hate "classic"--but it's the best option, especially for defense. I love the Be A Pro camera, but it's tough to see behind you and make good passes.

I also really wish the game had a good "scrimmage" mode. I want to play online against the AI to practice. =/

FightyF

Banned
fin said:

Well I can't promise to add a non-GAF guy to the team, considering at the moment it looks like there is alot of demand. That said, we still have 20 people who haven't joined, around 5 who have contacted me and they soon will, and so that means 15 people whom I'm not sure about. If it turns out they aren't too interested, at that point I'd pop in the waiting list and definitely add your friend.

If your friend is willing to be a temp fill in, with the chance he'll be kicked out if the team fills up, I'm down with adding him temporarily.

Actually I've been able to go on every night and play with everyone, but I'm going on late around 10:30pm MST. If it's barren before then, then we should set some game times.

Since no one really said anything about preferred game times, I'm going to post some arbitrary stuff in the OP and see if that sticks.

Something like...

Monday Night
Time Slot 1 (suited for Eastern players)
6PM Eastern (till 10PM)
5PM Central (till 9PM)
4PM Mountain (till 8PM)
3PM Pacific (till 7PM)

Time Slot 2 (suited for Western Players)
9PM Eastern (till 1AM)
8PM Central (till 12PM)
7PM Mountain (till 11PM)
6PM Pacific (till 10PM)​

Thursday Night

6PM Eastern (till 10PM)
5PM Central (till 9PM)
4PM Mountain (till 8PM)
3PM Pacific (till 7PM)

9PM Eastern (till 1AM)
8PM Central (till 12PM)
7PM Mountain (till 11PM)
6PM Pacific (till 10PM)​

Sunday Night
5PM Eastern (till 9PM)
4PM Central (till 8PM)
3PM Mountain (till 7PM)
2PM Pacific (till 6PM)

8PM Eastern (till 12PM)
7PM Central (till 11PM)
6PM Mountain (till 10PM)
5PM Pacific (till 9PM)​

So we'll keep playing like we have, just checking this thread every night and stuff...but those nights can be things you can schedule in advance, if you have a busy work/school schedule. You can set that time for NHL 09, and we should have full teams because everyone else has as well.

woodchuck

plastichandgun, i couldnt enter the match lobby. it froze. so i'm resetting

it keeps saying "another player appears to be disconnecting. please wait till we re-configure".

this is what happens when we enter a match lobby, but i can't see any of the players. it just shows the connection (green), but nothing else

daw840

woodchuck said:
plastichandgun, i couldnt enter the match lobby. it froze. so i'm resetting

My fucking game got the dreaded dirty disc error. Anyway, good game, I will probably be on later.

fin

FightyF said:
If your friend is willing to be a temp fill in, with the chance he'll be kicked out if the team fills up, I'm down with adding him temporarily.

Sounds good,

GT Finjitzu = me
GT Snappymold = my friend

FightyF

Banned
fin said:
Sounds good,

GT Finjitzu = me
GT Snappymold = my friend

Sent...

BigJonsson: Actually I think its the guy you first made when you got on NHL 09. That guy is your online persona.

Go to Performance Tracker on the Main Menu. You can see your offline guy there, press R trigger to see online guy.

Go out and then to edit Pro, you can edit the online guy there.

Sorry for not being specific, if anyone is bored and has time I'd appreciate if you could make something more specific and post it and I can link to it in my OP.

FightyF

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Ah ok

The instruction manual is a massive fail for certain parts of this game....

I remember not knowing how to properly do faceoffs in 07 when it first came out...I checked the manual and...NOTHING. I noticed this year's manual was easily skimpy.

I wanted to check to see what was the player limit (epik said 50, and he has direct contact with EA so obviously he's most likely right, but I figured perhaps EA changed it after beta testing), and of course there's nothing.

Sandman42

EA servers tonight are fucking horrible. Theories range from freak cheese dip accidents to fatal building design flaws.

Other than that, good games guys.

hobart

my xbox freeze eerily reminded me of the time i visited the red rings of death....

i sighed deeply once she booted again.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Tonight was a pain in the ass, never had that many hard lock ups. Pretty ridiculous. Also spending 20mins trying to get into a game is not fun.

Phthisis

purg3 said:
Tonight was a pain in the ass, never had that many hard lock ups. Pretty ridiculous. Also spending 20mins trying to get into a game is not fun.

What!? Our witty banter is the definition of good times.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Can I get in on the waiting list?
GT is firehawk1234.
I'm probably more of a weekend player, although I can do some weeknights. This is also my first NHL game since 2002, so I suck pretty hard. :lol

Managed to get a couple of games on last night with a friend after the debacle of not being able to play with the normal guys.

Went 1-1...With the loss coming again to THE COMPUTER IN THE SHOOT OUT!

Sorry about that caps lock, I'm not sure what happened--perhaps it was MIND NUMBING FRUSTRATION?

These games need to go into infinite overtime periods. Having computer vs computer rolls deciding games is ridiculous.

Anyway, I did manage to pick up a few goals since I've respecced to sniper. I like dangler, but getting checked off the puck is just too effective--and loose puck moves always end up with my ass on the ice and a turnover.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
hopefully ill get back playing with you guys tomorrow night. i miss it so much! just been so busy lately

Top Bottom