• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

Meier

fart said:
aren't they supposed to be pulling games for sunday though?

Yeah, I went earlier today to check on some more games and they'd informed me they had pulled them till next week.

MoxManiac

Does anyone know when the 'offical' sale starts? the 11th? maybe some were pulled from my CC. It's a stretch but you never know.

I'm thinking about going back, how on earth was I supposed to know that Aggressive fucking Inline is a decent game? I mean, the back of the cover looks like vomit. Worse than vomit. Super vomit.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Son of Godzilla said:
I'm thinking about going back, how on earth was I supposed to know that Aggressive fucking Inline is a decent game? I mean, the back of the cover looks like vomit. Worse than vomit. Super vomit.

You were supposed to ignore the box(And the Boob technology, or whatever the fuck acclaim marketed). You were supposed to get it early like I did! Great game at full price, steal at five bucks.

rc213

Bahumbug, shutdown trying to get pricematched DOA:XV & Toejam & Earl III from Best Buy with CC's receipt. GAR!

rc213

2 of the stores actually called to check stock and were told they were out. 3rd store the manager was just an asshole from the start!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I got...

GC:
Eternal Darkness
Two Towers

PS2:
NHL Hitz 2002
Chaos Legion
Beyond Good & Evil

Man I wish I heard about this yesterday. I could go for ZOE2, Ape Escape 2, Baldurs Gate: DA, Viewtiful Joe, ICO, Tenchu 3, Timesplitters 2, GGX2, DMC2, Disgaea (buy back), Threads of Fate, FF Origins, Dragon Warrior VII, and a couple others.

I realize now I probably made a mistake getting NHL Hitz 2002. I had forgotten it was the first one, I was thinking of Hitz Pro at the time. I could have gotten PaRappa 2, Drakan or Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer.

luxsol

Dice said:
I got...

GC:
Eternal Darkness
Two Towers

PS2:
NHL Hitz 2002
Chaos Legion
Beyond Good & Evil
I wish people would stop listing games that aren't $4.99 on this thread. It makes me all hopeful seeing these games listed, but then remembering how i checked those games already only to see they were regular price =(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
But they were $4.99, were you going by stickers or something? The stickers on these were normal prices, but they had them all thrown in bins and kept telling us everything in the bin was $5.

Man I hope there are more good ones sunday that they pulled for now.

mattx5

To whoever hasn't seen my desperate pleas yet :p, I'd really appreciate it if someone could snag Viewtiful Joe for me....

mattx5 said:
Is Viewtiful Joe GC 4.99$? If so, would anyone be willing to pick it up and ship it to Quebec?

I'd send you the money for the game and pay shipping (Depending how much it costs), or we could even work out some other deal?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I really want Viewtiful Joe :(

If not today, then maybe when the sale officialy starts? If they have any left that is :(

Damn, we never get deals like this in Canada. No fair :(

Dead

well not really...yet
w00t, gamestop gave me 12 bux credit for Bloody Roar 4, hopefully I can snag a few more copies and sell em too :D

luxsol

Dice said:
But they were $4.99, were you going by stickers or something? The stickers on these were normal prices, but they had them all thrown in bins and kept telling us everything in the bin was $5.

Man I hope there are more good ones sunday that they pulled for now.
adsf;jklasdfl;jasdf;jlakdfs;ljwka;orj;awelawrl!
I had them price check it for me at the counter! I was grabbing any game i wanted and had them price check stuff for me. That's how I managed to score Armored Core 3.

FUCK... i bet that cashier chick scanned it (Eternal Darkness) wrong or something.
Anyone seen if they've restocked since this weekend?

teiresias

I dunno, I'm wondering if some of the games are sketchy as to whether they're $4.99 or not. Monster Rancher 3 is listed here, but it rang up at $19.99 for me today.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Some Circuit Citys may have adjusted prices it looks like. Some people reported some different prices on games too, so it seems like some Circuit City's are manually changing the prices

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Barnimal said:
best buy wont price match when its way below cost. no matter what.

That defeats the purpose of price matching. It's all YMMV anyhow.

This isn't a price match at Best Buy, but I remember when Best Buy advertised Beach Spikers for $9.99 last year. I went to Circuit City to price match it and CC had it for $49.99. They still let me price match and I got it for like $5.99 after the 110% difference

RedDwarf

Smegging smeg of a smeg!
I dunno, I'm wondering if some of the games are sketchy as to whether they're $4.99 or not. Monster Rancher 3 is listed here, but it rang up at $19.99 for me today.

I had the same thing happen with Bloody Roar 3, which someone here bought for $4.99 at a different store. Who knows.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I just picked up a combination of eleven PS2 and Xbox games. I went to three stores and they were all pretty lean on Gamecube stuff. I wish the PS2 version of Def Jam Vendetta had been $5.

But stuff like Wild Arms 3, Shox, Wipeout Fusion, and Pro Race Driver are a steal for $5 each. Best sale ever.

My haul between 2 CC's:

Picture001copy.jpg

Did pretty good but couldnt find much in the way of GBA games... I went to 3 diff CC's and one of them was bone dry, had about 4 people in there with lists, I was too late to that one but made out pretty good at the other two. At one CC they had stacks of PNO3 and Megaman Transmission.. I got the very last Ape Escape 2, Bomberman gen, BR4, Megaman X7, Vampire night, Okage, and Dark Cloud 2. Pretty nice haul, I also got Stuntman for free, the gal was ringing me out and managed to throw Stuntman into the bag without even ringing it up lol:D

my store had quite a few (at least 6 or 7+) Parappa's and Ape Escape's, but now they are gone. Im hoping they were indeed pulled off the shelves so i can get a chance to go back Sunday and get them.

Dead

well not really...yet
PanopticBlue said:
My haul between 2 CC's:

Picture001copy.jpg

Did pretty good but couldnt find much in the way of GBA games... I went to 3 diff CC's and one of them was bone dry, had about 4 people in there with lists, I was too late to that one but made out pretty good at the other two. At one CC they had stacks of PNO3 and Megaman Transmission.. I got the very last Ape Escape 2, Bomberman gen, BR4, Megaman X7, Vampire night, Okage, and Dark Cloud 2. Pretty nice haul, I also got Stuntman for free, the gal was ringing me out and managed to throw Stuntman into the bag without even ringing it up lol:D
Hmm.. would you mind selling me your extra copy of Megaman network transmission? I couldnt find it...ill pay for shipping, price plus tax, and extra if you want

Belfast

Ninja Scooter said:
my store had quite a few (at least 6 or 7+) Parappa's and Ape Escape's, but now they are gone. Im hoping they were indeed pulled off the shelves so i can get a chance to go back Sunday and get them.

Yeah, I would've taken Disgaea or REZ or any of those kinds of games, but honestly the ones I really wanted were games like Ape Escape 2 or MMX7/Network Transmission, Chaos Legion, etc. Stuff that I probably wouldn't pay full or even half-price for, but would get some pretty good mileage for $5.

Kudie

PanopticBlue said:
My haul between 2 CC's:

Picture001copy.jpg

Nice haul PanopticBlue. BTW, I see you have 2 copies of MM:NT in your pic. Is that by mistake or intentional?

Also, the lady did you a dis-service by giving you Stuntman for free. That game gave me so many headaches; the loadtimes are so long and frequent it nuts and the game is reduced to trial and error as each stunt is never displayed to you before you play the game.

Nevertheless, enjoy your games. This deal was just awesome man. These games will hold me over until the fall when the big games come out. :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
What pisses me off is that apparantly one SA reader got the scoop from this thread. Make this forum members only again!

Belfast

Yeah I noticed that. Chances are they would've found out somehow anyway, but they DID kick off their thread from ours. :\

Even if it is a tad greedy, if you saw something like this on one forum, would you necessarily WANT to go out and tell everybody else you know about the same deal?

Deadstar, sorry bro but I got the extra Megaman Transmission for my nephew's B-day this coming weekend.

Kudie, yeah I know I've played it on a rental and liked it, also I plan on decreasing the load times using HDLoader:D

signet

Wario64 said:
What pisses me off is that apparantly one SA reader got the scoop from this thread. Make this forum members only again!

Dude didn't you get this from CheapAssGamer?

Kudie

PanopticBlue said:
Deadstar, sorry bro but I got the extra Megaman Transmission for my nephew's B-day this coming weekend.

Kudie, yeah I know I've played it on a rental and liked it, also I plan on decreasing the load times using HDLoader:D

Good idea. Have fun.

IAWTP

At one of the CC's I went to, the cashier mentioned that a guy showed up when they opened and bought nearly $500 worth of 4.99 games... what's worse is the fact that I coulda went to that CC the night before but went to a different CC instead :(

Oh well I still did pretty good so I can't complain :)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah but see, the last time Circuit City had a clearance sale, almost no deal sites or any other forums knew about it until weeks after the sale occured. I remember having a list during that sale on GAF (members only) and the damn list didnt get spread for at least weeks. Now that the forum is open, list gets out to everywhere, everyone knows within hours. Maybe its cause every game is $5 instead of $10-$15, but still... :p

And this pic still makes me
sad.gif

games.jpg

sad.gif

Mooreberg

Damn I only printed the list from the first post. Is MK DA for Xbox one penny at every store? Ebay is probably already flooded with it anyway...

Belfast

Seriously, what the hell is anyone going to do with that many games (especially multiple copies)? They MIGHT be able to make a small profit off the more highly-sought-after games, and of course, they might be able to trade a few in, but its still rediculous.

I know its a clearance and not really a "sale," but they should've just allowed 1 copy per game per person.

I think a 10 game limit per person would work also...of course personally I would get around that by having my wife with me (though I wouldnt get more than 20 games most likely), but there's no way they should let a guy come in and buy that much...it's so obvious that he's doing it only for profit no matter how small it may be.

Belfast

Ristamar said:
Damn. Someone is a real fucking bastard.

There is a difference between being cheap and being greedy and I think this whole thing has brought out some people's true colors. Ironically, it says quite a bit about the culture we foster in the US.

signet

dam!

To think 90% of those he will be lucky to sell for $10.

I know I sinned against the bargain gods for scooping up a few extra copies of Disgaea for ebay (only way I could afford to buy myself the 30 games for my personal collection) but that is just sickening.

I hope someone robs that bastard (and if they do save me a copy of Wild Arms 3, Gladius, Legaia 2 and Bloody Roar 4).

Mooreberg

I wonder how much this clearance is going to affect July NPD. Then again they rank by dollar amount generated, right?

I saw a lot of stuff like Vexx and RE Dead Aim that I just had to pass on. You know companies are releasing too many games when you need to ignore them @ $5...

kiryogi

Banned
Still looking for Disgaea here.. And whats with all the X7 demand? The game is total crap D: even for 5$ In anycase, looking for Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue/White now if anyone has any. :D

Mooreberg said:
I saw a lot of stuff like Vexx and RE Dead Aim that I just had to pass on. You know companies are releasing too many games when you need to ignore them @ $5...

LOL! I did the same thing with the one copy of The Bouncer i found. I was all set to buy it, but then i thought about it and was like "I'd rather just RENT a good game than spend $5 to buy this." and put it back.

Ristamar

Belfast said:
There is a difference between being cheap and being greedy and I think this whole thing has brought out some people's true colors. Ironically, it says quite a bit about the culture we foster in the US.

I could have done that today. I was in a store today that was virtually untouched. It would've been easy for me and my friend to leave with shopping carts piled with games, but why ruin it for everyone else...

Hero

Wario64 said:
Yeah but see, the last time Circuit City had a clearance sale, almost no deal sites or any other forums knew about it until weeks after the sale occured. I remember having a list during that sale on GAF (members only) and the damn list didnt get spread for at least weeks. Now that the forum is open, list gets out to everywhere, everyone knows within hours. Maybe its cause every game is $5 instead of $10-$15, but still... :p

And this pic still makes me
sad.gif

games.jpg

sad.gif

Someone needs to rob that guy.

It's people like that that piss me off. Leave some crap for the rest of us.

Speaking of which, does anyone have any extra copies of La Pucelle Tactics from the Target clearance?

Top Bottom