• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

Swordian

Neutron Night said:
How I knew you, Disgaea. You were once a coveted and somewhat rare game for my collection. Now you're bargain bin fodder thanks to the freaking morons at Circuit City who decided they didn't like money anymore. (And the dumbasses at Atlus who re-released the game)

TO HELL WITH YOU CIRCUIT CITY.

You are a sad little man.

You are a sad little man.

Hell with you. The soonest I will be able to get to Circuit City is Sunday, they will have nothing then. This SUCKS. Why can't they be doing this shit at K-Mart or something? Stupid specialty stores that we don't have in this town. :(

No stores in this COUNTY.

search.jpg

Ristamar

Bishman said:
This guy had a cart full of games, including games I wanted. I begged and begged for him to let me have VJ, MK: DA, NBA Street, and MGS2: Substance. He had multiple copies and said "Nope...I'm going to make me some money boy."

Such assholes. I'm not surprised at all, yet it still makes me sick to my stomach.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i SAW that master list today at CC. had i known thats was it i wouldve swiped it. the 3 bins of games were already half empty, and the list had a bunch of games crossed off... whatever that means...

sunday should be interesting

Jak140

I just picked up Resident Evil Code Veronica and another copy of Boktai. I'd like to trade, but I'm leaving on vacation in a couple days and won't be back before August 1. If someone wants to trade I'd like Viewtiful Joe, MoH: Frontline (GCN), Ikaruga, or Mario Party 4. Try to PM me before the July 9 and we can try to work something out.

Edit: Toe Jam 3 is gone now.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Trav said:
Future Trunks - Thanks for saving me a trip over there. I tried to hit up the Best Buy by Fashion Square when they had their $5 sale, and there wasn't a single game from Wario's list in the store. I figure our area is too populated to hook up with any of these deals :( So many games from that list I'd like to have too...for $5 anyway.

Yeah, man. I wanted me some Ikaruga at least. I know BB has them, I wonder if they'll price match...

Yeah, that BB deal was disappointing too. That BB only had NHL Hitz Pro there, so I picked it up. It was the last $5 game. And Hitman 2 for a pretty low price too. ($14.99?)

I might give my friend up there a call and see if they are doing any restocking at all though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Bishman-I don't suppose they had more than one copy of PSO? Or that you don't consider it a good game and want to unload the copy you got? :p

I haven't talked to anybody who got/saw PSO for gamecube. I'm sad.

Scott

Yeah, I'd take a copy of PSO Ep I & II as well if they have anymore.

Also, my Circuit City sucks ass and "restocking" today meant "Have a stack of Beyblade for GC" apparently. Ugh. So if anybody spots (or has [still new] to sell/trade) these, it'd be great if you could snag 'em for me:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (XBox)
Klonoa II: Lunatea's Veil (PS2)
Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II (GC)
Pirates of the Caribbean (XBox)
Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis (GBA)
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition (XBox)

Unfortunately, I won't have very much money for a week or so, but if anybody is willing to hold onto 'em for me till then, I'd really appreciate it (and try to make it worthwhile to you). Let me know. :)

Scott

johnnyboix said:
well can ANYONE confirm that pso is 4.99?
That's what Wario said here. It seems he just forget to add it to the list on the first page.

So yeah, go get yourself a copy, and one each for I & Archaix please. :p

luxsol

Archaix said:
Bishman-I don't suppose they had more than one copy of PSO? Or that you don't consider it a good game and want to unload the copy you got? :p

I managed to score PSO ep 1 and 2 for $4.99.

A nice tip: I went to Wal*Mart today and saw that they had a couple of games from the CC list. I asked if they price matched games and he told me they could if i showed him an advertisement. I told him that the ad doesn't come out until Sunday and that the sale was going on right now. He said he'd have to call his manager to check if he could give me the price. After a couple of WTFs and checking at CC to see if i was lying they price matched the games for me. Here's the best part... the CC they called to check the price didn't have one of the games in stock and the other game they didn't carry at all in the first place (but it's still on the CC list).
I'm in San Diego and the Walmart I went to is in Eastlake.

And yes, a CC here (National City) restocked on Monday because when i left that store on Sunday it was picked clean. I came back the next day and talked to the manager and he told me that people were buying stacks of game that day too.

Anyway... anyone else having luck getting price matches?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
If people can give me more scans of receipts of Disgaea at $4.99, I'm gonna try to price match

I Know the PSO 1 and 2 for the X-BOX was on the normal rack. Is the Gamecube PSO supposed to be 4.99? The Circuit City near my home was puttog the gamesin a black Bargib Bin. Thier were a few peole inn there but not alot. They did sell out of some games, becuase they used to have Megaman 7 and Dead or Alive Beach VollyBall.
I did get to get 5 games.
Vampire Nights (ps2)
Ninja Assult (ps2)
Buffy: chaos Bleed (ps2)
Sega Sports world series 2k3 (ps2)
Much's Odessy ( x-box)

mattx5

SOMEBODY GIVE WARIO RECEIPT SCANS FOR VIEWTIFUL JOE SO HE CAN PRICEMATCH A BUNCH OF COPIES AND SAVE THE WHOLE FORUM!

k thnx :)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
sonic4ever said:
I Know the PSO 1 and 2 for the X-BOX was on the normal rack. Is the Gamecube PSO supposed to be 4.99? The Circuit City near my home was puttog the gamesin a black Bargib Bin. Thier were a few peole inn there but not alot. They did sell out of some games, becuase they used to have Megaman 7 and Dead or Alive Beach VollyBall.
I did get to get 5 games.
Vampire Nights (ps2)
Ninja Assult (ps2)
Buffy: chaos Bleed (ps2)
Sega Sports world series 2k3 (ps2)
Much's Odessy ( x-box)

Was Chaos Bleeds five bucks too? I hadn't seen that on any lists...darn.

I've got it out with the gamefly trial (Have I mentioned how much you rock recently Wario? :p), it's a pretty good game.

Archaix said:
Was Chaos Bleeds five bucks too? I hadn't seen that on any lists...darn.

I've got it out with the gamefly trial (Have I mentioned how much you rock recently Wario? :p), it's a pretty good game.
Yes, Buffy : chaos Bleeds was five dollars.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Damn! What's with all of these lists leaving out games I'd want? I blame you Wario! It's all your fault! Worthless!

I still love ya, man.

lets get an updated list here.. in case the myth about them restocking everything on the 11th is true.. updated list someone!!

Hero

I think if I ever saw someone with a huge stack of games and was hoarding it and refused to share a few (if they had multiple copies and what not) I would probably attack them. In fact, next time there's a 4.99 sale I'm going to bring a friend or two.

Fongul

I made another run to good old CC tonight to see if they still had Disney Party left for GC ($21 in credit at Gamerush!), but it was indeed gone. Then I proceeded to check out the remaining few in stock and was watching a CC employee with a list going through the stacks looking for $5 titles.

Needless to say, they are trying to cover their asses for the sale on Sunday. The guy I talked to said that he bought 12 games and was told 3 hours later that he had to return the games because of the store being "cleaned out". He also said that there would be no restock of games on Sunday at all. I'm crossing my fingers, but if not, it was a good ride at least (my pile of shame does not need another addition :p)

I did happen to price check PSO I & II for Xbox when I was there this weekend. The game is going for $13.99 just in case anyone is interested. As far as finding a cheap copy of PSO I & II for Gamecube, check out Gamerush if you have one close by. I found a mint used copy there for $19.99 a couple of weeks ago (I know it's not $5 but it's better than the $40-50 bucks it goes for on eBay)

Bishman

Archaix said:

I got the last copy of PSO. Now I can tell you my story. I was shuffling through the bin and asked this guy where he found out about this sale. "I found it on a forum.” he said. "Me too", I said. So I asked if he saw VJ inside here (hoping there was one hiding in the bottom of bin), "Nah, I want that game and another." Then while we are shuffling through, I see the Sega trademark. Then he pulls the game covering PSO, and we both see it. Then we look up, and both lunge our hands to PSO as if it were a million dollars. I got it first and just smile at him and tell him he could have the MGS2: Substance Xbox version, but he said MGS sucked and SC was better.

I was surprised that there were 10 copies of MGS2 for Xbox in bin. Why isn't anyone picking this up?! It is MGS!

Bishman

luxsol said:
I managed to score PSO ep 1 and 2 for $4.99.

A nice tip: I went to Wal*Mart today and saw that they had a couple of games from the CC list. I asked if they price matched games and he told me they could if i showed him an advertisement. I told him that the ad doesn't come out until Sunday and that the sale was going on right now. He said he'd have to call his manager to check if he could give me the price. After a couple of WTFs and checking at CC to see if i was lying they price matched the games for me. Here's the best part... the CC they called to check the price didn't have one of the games in stock and the other game they didn't carry at all in the first place (but it's still on the CC list).
I'm in San Diego and the Walmart I went to is in Eastlake.

And yes, a CC here (National City) restocked on Monday because when i left that store on Sunday it was picked clean. I came back the next day and talked to the manager and he told me that people were buying stacks of game that day too.

Anyway... anyone else having luck getting price matches?

I went to Fry's hoping they could price match MK: DA, VJ, and TS2, but it didn't work. Once the game is gone from their inventory, they won't price match

aoi tsuki

Picked up:
Skies of Arcadia (last copy)
Pikmin (Player's Choice, several copies left)

Boktai
Jet Grind Radio (GBA)
Mega Man Zero
Mega Man Zero 2

Silpheed
Parappa the Rapper 2
Wipeout Fusion

i was gonna raid a couple more stores today for friends/GAF posters/eBay bidders, but i'll call before i make an hour-long drive. i'll probably hit those stores early on Sunday, then roll back to the one closer to home.

i'd recommend that you don't use your credit/debit card, check, or any other payment method that can traced back to you. i had suspected it for a while, but it looks like the results of years of buying habit data have resulted in a retailer backlash against certain customers:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/07/05/national1332EDT0564.DTL

Ceros

Soo ermm the sale is on until the 21st right??? So they will have to restock sometime right?!??!?! RIGHT?!?!?

luxsol

Maybe.

I only know of one CC here that restocked with clearance games and that was on Monday. I know that the CCs here restock on Tuesdays and Thursday, but those are for new games mostly. They really don't know what they'll get, but i know that Tuesday is usually when new games are released. Thursday is for... what? Old games? Hopefully. Ask the managers there if they know anything.

BTW, CC employees are the damn nicest electronic sales people I've ever seen. I've been to four CCs in my county and it's the same in every store. I'm definitely going shop there more often.

Manders

Banned
Went last night and got 20-some odd games. Cleaned them out. Gonna hit up the other CC here in town to see if I can't get some more today.

B'z-chan

Banned
Manders said:
Went last night and got 20-some odd games. Cleaned them out. Gonna hit up the other CC here in town to see if I can't get some more today.

What did you get? hehe

I'm going back today as i have some buisness to deal with CC now, no fucking game in Dark Cloud 2 theres no fucking disc in the case at all. Which is seriously pissing me off.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
i'd recommend that you don't use your credit/debit card, check, or any other payment method that can traced back to you. i had suspected it for a while, but it looks like the results of years of buying habit data have resulted in a retailer backlash against certain customers:

Ha ha, I did actually charge one of my runs (with 10+ games). Oh well, they can hardly complain as I just bought a new HDTV from them not more than 2 months ago. :p

luxsol

B'z-chan said:
I'm going back today as i have some buisness to deal with CC now, no fucking game in Dark Cloud 2 theres no fucking disc in the case at all.
Wow, i wonder what the odds of that happening are. And what they can do about it, considering that they might think you're lying or they're of stock.

Manders

Banned
B'z-chan said:
What did you get? hehe

I'm going back today as i have some buisness to deal with CC now, no fucking game in Dark Cloud 2 theres no fucking disc in the case at all. Which is seriously pissing me off.

I just got a bunch of games to ebay. Don't think I'll keep any of them. I was lucky enough to get three copies of Disgaea and that goes for a nice amount on ebay.

B'z-chan

Banned
Manders said:
I just got a bunch of games to ebay. Don't think I'll keep any of them. I was lucky enough to get three copies of Disgaea and that goes for a nice amount on ebay.

Dude come one thats just not cool. You should at least give us Gafers a chance some of us got the cold shoulder. And i really wanted a copy of Disgaea. This makes me sad. Manders makes me sad /cry

I checked the game and it sounded like it had the disc in it but when i went to open it up this morning it was no where to be seen. I looked everywhere thinking that it could have poped out. It was Sony wrapped too which makes me wonder.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
B'z-chan said:
Dude come one thats just not cool. You should at least give us Gafers a chance some of us got the cold shoulder. And i really wanted a copy of Disgaea. This makes me sad. Manders makes me sad /cry

I checked the game and it sounded like it had the disc in it but when i went to open it up this morning it was no where to be seen. I looked everywhere thinking that it could have poped out. It was Sony wrapped too which makes me wonder.

I really wish I could have found another copy for you, B'z. I really looked hard (I had a helper who overturned virtually every case) for another copy of Disgaea, but I had no such luck. I found a ton of great stuff when I went back on Sunday, but that was not among them. ZOE2 was also a no show (that was not available at ANY of the four locations). I'd imagine the ZOE2 sale earlier this year probably was responsible for that (remember, it had been $4.99 this past spring).

Anyways, here's my final list...

Disgaea - Hour of Darkness
Grandia Xtreme
Guilty Gear XX
Burnout 2
Pikmin
DOA-XBV
Chaos Legion
PN03
Voodoo Vince
DMC2
Grabbed by the Goulies
Forver Kingdom
Drakan 2
EOE
Haven
VEXX
Silpheed
PaRappa 2
The Bouncer
Legaia 2
Dark Cloud 2
War of the Monsters
Spyhunter 2
Crimson Sea

B'z-chan

Banned
Thanks Dark. I was really wanting both And since ZOE 2 has now turned into a really ultra rare game all of the sudden i wanted that as well. I havent seen a copy in months not even used. And Disgaea also is really hard to find where i live. I was hoping that someone would have gotten extra copies and would have been willing to trade a came they wanted for it. But i guess the scent of money got to there head first.

But thats ok. Theres always another day. I find it stupid how they cant transfer from store to store as of saturady i would have been able to of gotten all three games i orginaly wanted if i could have just ordered them from another store.

Nice list though dark and have fun with War of Monsters and PN03 they are two awsome games.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Manders said:

Where's the giant rolleyes when you need it? :|

Have fun with your profits, dude. I'll have fun not getting in on the deals at all, while jackasses brag about their Disgaea-eBay plots, which made it impossible for decent folk who would hook up GAFers (ie, dark10x, et al) to find the game, or most of the games for that matter. Le sigh.

Guys, my circuit city pulled most of the games off the shelf that were selling at that price. An employee said the sale isn't officailly starting until this coming sunday. So they changed the prices back to normal. He also said they will stock the shelves again then when the sale "officially begins".... Is this guy bullshitting me or is there some truth to this?

B'z-chan

Banned
elitehebrew said:
Before I put my copies of Disgaea on Ebay i wanna know if any of you guys still need a copy. If so hit me up with a PM

check pm please /cry

I hope they restock that would be nice.

Top Bottom