• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I figure I'm gonna take NHL Hitz to this game pawn shop and get the $5 back for something else, I doubt every single good game will be gone.

etiolate

Banned
LAME

The DM of the Sacramento area Circuit Citys put out a notice and now the stores here are no longer honoring the $5 price until July 11th. They better restock by then, because the shelves are bare except for stuff like Metropilismania and Super Sumo bros.

kevm3

I scooped up some nice games... $160 games for $30...

I got Dark Cloud II, Ico, Wipeout Fusion, Ape Escape II, Wild Arms III, and Rygar. Not bad... SO is it official that the sale is off until the 11th?

In regards to the pic of those stacks of games: that is pretty disgusting. I can't stand those vultures who buy everything in sight for their personal profit... Other people want to get those games too, but this guy had to be a damn hog.

Yup, I work at Circuit City and it's not that they won't honor the deal but instead it was apparently a "download error" that caused this behemoth $5 sale. Got an e-mail today saying to pull every single game listed in the topic.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
IndependenceDAy2.jpeg

*uploading Circuit City $4.99 clearance sale virus...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
etiolate said:
LAME

The DM of the Sacramento area Circuit Citys put out a notice and now the stores here are no longer honoring the $5 price until July 11th. They better restock by then, because the shelves are bare except for stuff like Metropilismania and Super Sumo bros.
Which CC? Near Sunrise mall on Greenback?

luxsol

Manick Joe said:
Yup, I work at Circuit City and it's not that they won't honor the deal but instead it was apparently a "download error" that caused this behemoth $5 sale. Got an e-mail today saying to pull every single game listed in the topic.
So when was this and the District Manager putting out notices done?
I was at one CC today at closing time and the clearance still seemed to be going on like normal. I even spoke to a Sales Manager who said it was going to go on until they sell out. They're restocking tomorrow but he has no clue what games from clearance (if any) might come in... so i hope those notices aren't wide spread.

Fongul

A couple of my friends went down to the Fresno CA CC and were told that they were not honoring the deal as well. I however did get a chance to pick over what was left and bought Toe Jam & Earl III (I left wonderful stuff like Shox, Wrestlemania XIX, Voodoo Vince and Dino Crisis 3 for the remaining 'lucky' few....)

I hope they do plan on restocking because extra trade in fodder for Gamerush would be just tooooooo sweeeeeet *does NWO finger roll!*

Belfast

My only fear about them potentially restocking for the 11th is that it'll be even WORSE this time. Chances are there will be less game, if any, and since it isn't really catching everyone off guard, I don't really want to fight with a bunch of sharks over whatever is left (and you know they'll be there at opening).

Jak140

Flippin' A. All the CC in San Jose were cleaned bone dry. I managed to pick up Boktai, Jet Grind Radio, and Super Monkey Ball Jr for the GBA while I was down in Salinas today and was happy that I even got those, even though Boktai was the only one I really wanted. Fricking ebayers.

etiolate

Banned
Which CC? Near Sunrise mall on Greenback?

No, this was Arden. I was going to try Sunrise again, where I got my first three games, but if it came down from a DM then I figured sunrise wouldn't be honoring the price either.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
I forgot to mention, mine was the Orlando Fashion Square Mall CC. After I went there and spoke with the employee (who was actually a friend of mine) I lost all desire to visit any others....frickin' 4th of July spent in Naples! :(

Fongul

Jak140 said:
Flippin' A. All the CC in San Jose were cleaned bone dry. I managed to pick up Boktai, Jet Grind Radio, and Super Monkey Ball Jr for the GBA while I was down in Salinas today and was happy that I even got those, even though Boktai was the only one I really wanted. Fricking ebayers.

Want to trade Super Monkey Ball Jr for some other CC $5 game? If you're interested, let me know as SMB was one of the games on my 'radar' so to speak...

One of my local CC was completely picked over. The only game I really wanted was RE:CVX for the GC. And I doubt they regularly carried it anyway.

Tabs

Future Trunks - Thanks for saving me a trip over there. I tried to hit up the Best Buy by Fashion Square when they had their $5 sale, and there wasn't a single game from Wario's list in the store. I figure our area is too populated to hook up with any of these deals :( So many games from that list I'd like to have too...for $5 anyway.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I'm gone this weekend and come back to find out I missed this :( I don't feel like reading through 13 pages of posts to find out what the situation is like in OC so can someone give me the jist of what's going on? Is this still on? Is it even worth going down to CC or is everything gone?

BuddyC

Mr_Furious said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK!

I'm gone this weekend and come back to find out I missed this :( I don't feel like reading through 13 pages of posts to find out what the situation is like in OC so can someone give me the jist of what's going on? Is this still on? Is it even worth going down to CC or is everything gone?

It's not worth it man.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I am requesting a full scan of a Circuit City receipt that shows that Disgaea is $4.99. Scans of more than 1 receipt would be appreciated. I'm gonna try and price match this sucker at Fry's Electronics. There's a stack of Disgaeas that are temping me to try to price match at $4.99. The more receipts I can get, the more convincing my story will be. And with next weekend's CC ad that is supposedly gonna advertise the sale, I think I might have a chance in price matching the game for $4.99. If I can, I'll put up any Disgaeas I get to offer for GAF members with a small price

B'z-chan

Banned
Wario64 said:
I am requesting a full scan of a Circuit City receipt that shows that Disgaea is $4.99. Scans of more than 1 receipt would be appreciated. I'm gonna try and price match this sucker at Fry's Electronics. There's a stack of Disgaeas that are temping me to try to price match at $4.99. The more receipts I can get, the more convincing my story will be. And with next weekend's CC ad that is supposedly gonna advertise the sale, I think I might have a chance in price matching the game for $4.99. If I can, I'll put up any Disgaeas I get to offer for GAF members with a small price

If you do this and are succesful you can take MGS2 substance for free and i'll pay you the 5 bucks and shipping. You must try.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
B'z-chan said:
If you do this and are succesful you can take MGS2 substance for free and i'll pay you the 5 bucks and shipping. You must try.

Btw, I picked up a copy of SoA:L at Fry's today, if you still want it. If not, it's going up for trade/sale

Ristamar

Wario64 said:
Btw, I picked up a copy of SoA:L at Fry's today, if you still want it. If not, it's going up for trade/sale

If he doesn't want it, I'd be interested, if you're feeling kind and generous.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Did anyone get more than one copy of Ape Escape 2? None of the stores in my area have it. Haven't seen it in a circuit city for months.

My brother went to the CC in Akron, OH today and they had a hug bin with the games. However, there was a sign that read "1 per customer" over the bin, so he only got one. I'm gonna go back later tonight and try to get a couple.

teiresias

I was surprised as hell that my local CC had a copy of Ape Escape 2. They only had one though. I'm glad they had it too, this game is fun as hell (still not used to jump being mapped to the shoulder buttons though).

NotMSRP

You want to try asking on other forums for full scanned reciepts. A lot of us here are asking for Disgaea in the first place.

If this works, you'll try every Fry's in the South Bay area for us?

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
BTW: I've rented a GMC Envoy to make up for my currently being repaired Scion. NY GAF'fers!! PM me for for a trip to LI early Sunday morning! ;)

Edit: specifically CKand MOP. Faceless...get at me. Anyone else, pm first.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Update from CAG

JohnnyA said:
I went in to the local CC today to see if they had any games left. To my surprise, they had a couple I was able to snag, but what follows is much more important.

I was walking around with my printed out list and they employee noticed and said the list wasn't very accurate. So Sword of Mana isn't $4.99, I know. I already tried that. So I told him that I know, but it's pretty good. He goes away and next thing you know, he comes back with a copy of the master list. He said I could use it to look, but I had to give it back.

I was able to scan the images, and the links are posted below. They were kindly copied for me by a nice young lady that works at the local CC. I had never met her before, but we struck up a conversation, and she very kindly agreed to make the copy when I asked. So I don't think the other employee wanted me to take the list, but I didn't! I took a copy of the list. Hehehehe.

These were being used to pull the games from the shelves for Sunday's ad. This is a list of all the $4.99 games they supposedly had in stock. I didn't see even close to this many actually on the shelves, but this should give a better idea of what's out there, and will add to the list considerably. If anyone else can snag one, please post it. Store information blacked out as a niceity.

http://img35.exs.cx/img35/5912/page4.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/1945/page5.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/2415/page6.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8345/page7.jpg
http://img35.exs.cx/img35/8569/page8.jpg

It does seem to be missing some pages. I don't recall what was on the missing pages. I know one of them had the GH titles from PS2 that were $4.99. Unfortunately though, they scan wrong unless you peel the sticker UPC off. Sorry that they're not here.

mattx5

Wario, could you try to get scans of some people with Viewtiful Joe receipts too, and price match a few of those for everyone here?

It's the second most wanted game on the forum next to Disgaea :(

How I knew you, Disgaea. You were once a coveted and somewhat rare game for my collection. Now you're bargain bin fodder thanks to the freaking morons at Circuit City who decided they didn't like money anymore. (And the dumbasses at Atlus who re-released the game)

TO HELL WITH YOU CIRCUIT CITY.

Bishman

I went today and saw no good games. :(

This guy had a cart full of games, including games I wanted. I begged and begged for him to let me have VJ, MK: DA, NBA Street, and MGS2: Substance. He had multiple copies and said "Nope...I'm going to make me some money boy."

This pic is perfect of how many games was in his cart.

games.jpg

I bought PSO: I&II, Skies of Arcadia, and WMXII. The CC reps told me once the games are gone, they are GONE. So everyone run to CC and buy as much as you can. Just buy games for trade-in credit at Gamestop or EB.

Top Bottom