• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

$4.99 games at Circuit City in store (YMMV)

Shit...I just hit up four Circuit Cities in LA, and only found Chaos Legions for my friend.

Then I come back here and see Dynasty Warriors 4 is also 4.99! I saw that, and wanted that game...damnit. I'll have to go back tommorrow.

went and got a few. Hew Wario, got a game to add to the list: Gun Valkyrie. Took it up on a hunch and it was $4.99.

CC-Receipt.jpg

Fifty

Rastex said that if anyone from Toronto needed anything, he'd help them out. But if I'm correct this deal is only in the states......Am I correct?

I need to get in on this deal!!!!

B'z-chan

Banned
Wario64 said:
Silent Hill 3 would have been mine if it was. Lots of copies at my CC
Same at mine. We had a lot of Chaos Legion, Futurama, and lots and lots of Stretch Panic's. I'm surprised that Castlvania is not on the list.

B'z-chan

Banned
Well true Wario but i'm just saying cause they had over 200 copies at my store. And they all included the Soundtrack. So if i dont find a few games i want for 5 i'll end up getting Castlvania. Or i'll just buy 15 bucks worth of games and then turn them in for credit.

Fifty

How is that possible?

200 copies?!

I've only seen (max) 75 copies for even the newest games at a store. 200 for an old game?

B'z-chan

Banned
Wario64 said:
200 copies...bullshit

heck no man there were five rows of 20 side by side. Mind you i didnt go through all of them but the one stack i did it was all Castlvania LOI. The other i woudlnt know but i wouldnt doubt as they were just being put out today.

Hey Wario, did the San Jose store have any copies of:

Bomberman Generation
Dragon's Lair 3D
Ikaruga
Megaman Network Transmission
Pac-Man Fever
Rayman 3
Timesplitters 2
Vexx
Viewtiful Joe
PN03 (GC)

PS2
Ape Escape 2
DMC 2
Frequency
Gungrave
ICO
Indiana Jones
Maximo
Mega Man x7
Onimusha 2
REZ
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown
Vexx
War of the Monsters
Gun Valkyrie

Or was the situation such that the shelves were virtually empty?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Only thing I can remember was Frequency, but I wasn't really looking hard for anything besides Disgaea

cvxfreak

It's discouraging how my Circuit City's GC and Xbox shelf is so disorganized. Games with certain letters fall on certain areas of the shelf but Fry's is MUCH more organized and had WAY more customers. =/

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Ok, I made a second trip... I'm now out $250, but I have games coming out of my ears...

If anyone is interested in acquiring any of the following games, let me know. I'm interested in swapping duplicates.

PS2 - Haunted Mansion (will gladly trade for the GC version)
PS2 - Shrek Super Party
PS2 - RE Dead Aim
Gc - Bionicle
GC - Disney's Party (by the same guys that made the Mario Party games)
GC - PN03
GC - Hotwheels World Race
GC - Sega Soccer Slam
GC - RE Code Veronica X
GC - Viewtiful Joe
GC - Red Faction II
GC - ATV Quad Power 2
GC - 4x4 Evo
GC - Top Gun
GC - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
GC NBA Street
GC Medal of Honor: Frontline
GC Def Jam Vendetta
GC Disney Extreme Skate Adventure
GC Pac-Man Fever
GC Home Run King
GBA Boktai

I'm interested in getting my hands on GC Haunted Mansion, GBA Shining Soul, and any other GC/GBA games of interest.

B'z-chan

Banned
List of games i remember seeing when i was at the Fresno California CC:

PS2:
Armored Core 2
Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Futurama
Haunted Mansion
ICO
Mega Man x7
Okage:Shadow King
Spy Hunter 2
Stretch Panic
Vexx
War of the Monsters
Wheel of Fortune
Wild Arms 3
Wipeout Fusion

I wasnt looking at anything other than PS2, but i'm sure they have Mario party 4, PNO3, VJ, Enclave, and a few other Xbox games.

I will pick up a game or two for the gafers if i can. I might be able to spring for four games. Just tell me what to be on the look out for you guys and i'll circle it on my list.

cvxfreak

DavidDayton said:
Ok, I made a second trip... I'm now out $250, but I have games coming out of my ears...

If anyone is interested in acquiring any of the following games, let me know. I'm interested in swapping duplicates.

PS2 - Haunted Mansion (will gladly trade for the GC version)
PS2 - Shrek Super Party
PS2 - RE Dead Aim
Gc - Bionicle
GC - Disney's Party (by the same guys that made the Mario Party games)
GC - PN03
GC - Hotwheels World Race
GC - Sega Soccer Slam
GC - RE Code Veronica X
GC - Viewtiful Joe
GC - Red Faction II
GC - ATV Quad Power 2
GC - 4x4 Evo
GC - Top Gun
GC - Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
GC NBA Street
GC Medal of Honor: Frontline
GC Def Jam Vendetta
GC Disney Extreme Skate Adventure
GC Pac-Man Fever
GC Home Run King
GBA Boktai

I'm interested in getting my hands on GC Haunted Mansion, GBA Shining Soul, and any other GC/GBA games of interest.

I'm interested in RECVX so long as my CC isn't sold out tomorrow.

B'z-chan

Banned
games.jpg
HOLY SHIT wow now thats some games. I wonder how much they'll make off of all of those games. 5 times 300 thats a 1500 investment right there, right? wow

Agent Dormer

Dirty Drinking Smoker
Ended up getting Rygar, DMC2 and Onimusha 2. I'll probably go back tomorrow and see about getting Dark Cloud 2 and Gunvalkyrie. Also, if anyone wants to unload a copy of Rez, let me know (my friend really wants a copy and I've been letting him borrow mine for so long I'd feel bad just taking it back).

Bog

Junior Ace
Yeah, and looking over those games, he's not gonna get much more than $5 for a lot of them.

For those going tomorrow... please... Ape Escape 2 for the Xdude.

B'z-chan said:
List of games i remember seeing when i was at the Fresno California CC:

PS2:
Armored Core 2
Chaos Legion
Dark Cloud 2
Futurama
Haunted Mansion
ICO
Mega Man x7
Okage:Shadow King
Spy Hunter 2
Stretch Panic
Vexx
War of the Monsters
Wheel of Fortune
Wild Arms 3
Wipeout Fusion

I wasnt looking at anything other than PS2, but i'm sure they have Mario party 4, PNO3, VJ, Enclave, and a few other Xbox games.

I will pick up a game or two for the gafers if i can. I might be able to spring for four games. Just tell me what to be on the look out for you guys and i'll circle it on my list.

Hiyo.

Here's my list.

GC

Ikaruga
Megaman Network Transmission
Timesplitters 2

PS2

Disgaea
Dark Cloud2
Chaos Legion
ICO
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Onimusha 2
REZ
Rygar
Wild Arms 3
Wipeout Fusion
ZOE: 2nd Runner
Dragon Warrior VII (PSone)

this gets lost real quick @ the rate this thread is growing. :D

BuddyC

Bog said:
Yeah, and looking over those games, he's not gonna get much more than $5 for a lot of them.

For those going tomorrow... please... Ape Escape 2 for the Xdude.

I made a note. If they have it, I'll get it for you.

B'z-chan

Banned
Someone go make a new thread with the list as it is and the people wanting certain games. So we all can keep track of it and print it out for today.

Quadrophenic said:
Shit...I just hit up four Circuit Cities in LA, and only found Chaos Legions for my friend.

Then I come back here and see Dynasty Warriors 4 is also 4.99! I saw that, and wanted that game...damnit. I'll have to go back tommorrow.

Went to the Pasadena store last night at closing. Quite a few games left that I remember tho I was only looking at GC and PS2. NBA Street GC, Frequency, Parappa 2, MGS2, Bomberman Generations, Disaster Report, Dark Cloud 2 . That's just what I remember seeing off hand. I don't have a printer so I just scribbled down the titles I was interested in, think Im going to buy a printer after this :( oh, and no Disgaea, ICO, Mario Party 4, or Viewtiful Joe. It was funny, I saw many people perusing the aisles holding print outs and stacks of games, employees looked puzzled :)

cvxfreak

NotMSRP said:
Shame on you! You should have all of the RE games already!

$39.99 for RECVX was just too much since I had tons of incarnations already. Plus it had little changes unlike RE2 and RE3.

Top Bottom